[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Morrison's Batman called Batgod?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Batgod.jpg (124KB, 600x923px) Image search: [Google]
Batgod.jpg
124KB, 600x923px
This never seemed to really make sense to me.

The idea of batman being uber prepared and having contigency plans was an aspect of the character far before Morrison took the reigns.

What feats did Morrison have Batman do that made him stand apart as Batgod?

Killing Darkseid? He used a special gun and bullet...it wasn't that impressive. Escaping being buried alive? He has escaped out of similar situations before. Zur en Arh? That was a new twist but it fit in perfectly with the batman mythos and was an excellent addition...it demonstrates how he is prepared and the extent...not godlike or out of character at all.

I just don't get where the distinction comes from.
>>
>>94096482
It just started around that time and still continues as a fairly regular criteque of Batman as people realize that the only reason Batman can do anything is pretty bullshit against a guy who can move planets
>>
Martians, bro

JLA, not Batman, is where Batgod came from
>>
read Time and the Batman
>>
>>94096482
It comes from casuals who don't read comics and only watched JL/U. Morrison wrote all DC superheroes as overly competent and Godly. He even had Atom and Connor killing Darkseid. Just look at this as an example >>94096544 Morrison never wrote anything like this.
>>
I've heard that people starting using it after the first vol of JLA, where Batman single handedly took down a team of martians after the rest of the JLA couldn't figure out their weakness and was easily defeated

It's not so much that Morrison's Batman is called batgod, it's more that people started calling Batman himself batgod while Morrison was big and now the two things are synonymous
>>
>>94096482
Batgod isn't a negative, inky retards that hate batman use the word in that way, Morrison's Batgod isn't the same as prep time batman or any previous version. Batgod is for Morrison the ultimate human, the ubermensch, the spiritual strength of a lama and beyond what bruce lee characters could do with their bodies. It involves every older version of batman, every feat, every crazy stuff batman can do. The Batgod is just an extention of human and mortal heroes among Gods, it's old as fuck mythology. Morrison embraces the craziness of batman and elevatrs him from human hero to a champion of humanity, the best humanity has to offer. The idea is that batman is as archetypical as superman.
>>
>>94099239
No, I remember the Internet community back then, Batgod was used specifically for Morrison's jla. Dixon was called batjerk.
>>
>>94096549
>>94099239
I don't get this one. Batman, being a detective, noticed that their power sets were the same as martians and that they didn't bother to search the wreck of the bat plane which was on fire, their weakness. Then he put gasoline on the floor around them and lit it on fire, incapacitating them. They were also being extremely arrogant. It's not that out there.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.