[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is Ready Player One /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

is Ready Player One /co/?
>>
>>94086232
>movie based on a novel
No.
>>
>>94086279
is it /co/ enough
>>
>>94086313
How? It isn't a cartoon, it isn't a comic.
It is a novel that contains characters from the pop culture.
Does it make Ready Player One /a/ and /v/ too? No.
It is not /co/.
>>
>>94086313
see
>>94086279
>>
Isn't it just a bunch of references? It's not that /co/ related.

That being said, stuff like Animorphs, DBZ, Puppets, all that is counted as /co/ so I don't see why this couldn't have the occasional thread
>>
>>94086574
some of them are interwined in the plot
>>
>>94086574
>I don't see why this couldn't have the occasional thread

Because then we get retards like this and THEY NEVER LEAVE.
>>
File: 431311.jpg (457KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
431311.jpg
457KB, 800x450px
No it's whatever the fuck this is.
>>
>>94086232
can someone tell me what the appeal of this movie/book is? I tried to ask people and they just say "bruh you gotta read it!" while vibrating in their seats, not telling me a damn thing.

To me, it just looks like a bunch of nostalgia references, like a glorified robot chicken episode.
>>
>>94087595
>To me, it just looks like a bunch of nostalgia references
people need to stop this meme, its about a guy having an adventure in a VR world where other fictional characters reside man, i dont think the books tht good but i have faith in the film

we get iron giant, Freedy Krueger in the bsckground, and a Deloereon for 1 second and now its forced 80s shit
>>
>>94086232
I'm not interested in all the video game and pop culture references but I'd love to see more about that world they live in. You don't really see trailer park dystopias.
>>
>>94087595
It's wish fulfillment.

Beyond just the surface level references the main character is a nerdy loser who beats his bullies gets a hot girl and becomes popular because of his nerdiness.
>>
>>94087595
It's a scanveger hunt YA novel, the MC has to find 3 in-game macguffins to be the owner of the company that makes the game you see in the trailer (Oasis) because the original creator died and left the hunt as his last puzzle.

The bad guys are an evil corporation that wants to own the company because everyone plays the game because real life sucks.

The concept is nothing new, the writing is rather poor, the characters are all shit except for the game creator.

But it has Evas and mecha-godzilla fighting in the end, so there is that.
>>
>>94086232

Not really, no.
>>
>>94086232
>heard a rumor that Legendary wanted MechaGodzilla for the MonsterVerse, but couldn't get the rights for some reason
>In the final battle, the main villain pilots MechaGodzilla 3/Kiryu

...could it be?
>>
>>94089428
I read an article saying that the Iron Giant will have a (semi-literal) large part to play in the movie's take of the story.

Judging from the fact that the book ends with a massive robot battle as mentioned, I can only assume that the Giant will be involved?
>>
>>94086772
so a literal abomination
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.