[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Carol admits she fucked up in SE#7 preview.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: carol.jpg (124KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
carol.jpg
124KB, 791x1200px
Carol admits she fucked up in SE#7 preview.
>>
File: 1500544567278.gif (2MB, 228x170px) Image search: [Google]
1500544567278.gif
2MB, 228x170px
You ever just have an epiphany looking at something and realizing it's just really bad?

Like, how is this an enjoyable comic? Look at it, it's panel after panel of barely changing faces that look like they were poorly traced over a 3d model with no soul or illustrative inspiration there, it just has dialogue box after dialogue box of this miserable person's miserable story and how miserable they feel about it, and then some half baked attempt at trying to be poignant at the end after rushing through it all lazily to the point where any sensible reader just wouldn't care.

Why should I care? What about this is interesting, fun, shocking, intriguing, ANYTHING? What the fuck is this? And every fucking comic that comes out of marvel reads like this like

Like what the fuck how is this even a fucking g superhero comic

What the fuck happened to superhero comics that this is normal
>>
>>94083241

But anon, it was bad from the beginning.
>>
>>94083465
But just take a step back and look at it.

It's surreal just how... I wouldn't even call it bad, it just feels like a robot made it, like a human being didn't have a hand in its creation.
>>
>>94083573

I'll say this, at least Spencer addresses Carol's involvement in CW2 and how she messed up -- Stohl just outright ignores it and is all "YASSS QUEEN! I'm the most beloved hero in the Marvel Universe for reasons!"
>>
File: SECRET-EMPIRE-6.jpg (207KB, 864x1311px) Image search: [Google]
SECRET-EMPIRE-6.jpg
207KB, 864x1311px
>>94083573
Nick Spencer tries his best to paint by numbers. He understands the basic form of writing and how to build toward something. The problem is that Nick has no fucking voice. Its just anti Trump this or Republicans are bad that.

Its sad that hes one of the TOP guys at Marvel now. Every other writer is either under the age of 25 or are totally forgotten and given containment books to keep them content. Think about it, Renew Your Vows has to be one of the most interesting books right now, yet Slott and Zdarsky gets to shit up the manchild that is Peter Parker now.

We still have the Pre-historic Avengers to get through and Generations. Generations itself is being regarded as the actual event that will change something. But knowing Marvels Status Quo boners you can guess it will change nothing. Just guess stars of original fan favorites like the Hulk/Jean/Wolverine/Captain Marvel and some other Legacies they ruined.
>>
>>94083984
>because of my generation
Isn't she, like, older than Cap?
>>
dindu nuffin
>>
File: cap speech.jpg (50KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
cap speech.jpg
50KB, 500x353px
>>94083984
>The problem is that Nick has no fucking voice. Its just anti Trump this or Republicans are bad that.

He's anti-trump, but despite his twitter rants, he's a conservative not a liberal. He worked for John McCain and his city council run in Cincinatty was full of Rudy Giuliani ideas. I honestly don't think he has changed from that.

If it was up to Spencer, this would be his version of Cap's "No, you move" speech.
>>
Also, Spencer has actually argued with blacks and gays that MLK was against riots and that the Stonewall riots set the LGBT movement back at least a decade -- heck, he even got into an argument with Mags Visaggio over it.
>>
>>94084293
>conservative not a liberal
Hes a Neocon who believes everything should be Status Quo. As soon as he saw Rudy behind Trump he threw a hissy fit. Nick is one of those people who tries his best to stand behind momma Marvels squirt because he understands how toxic he is at the moment. This event was suppose to be huge, yet it is sounding more like his Swan Song.

Marvel putting Mark Waid on Captain American is going to be a catastrophe. If Nick was a conservative view on Captain America then imagine what the hell Waid is going to do him.
>>
File: rankings.jpg (51KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
rankings.jpg
51KB, 1200x680px
>>94084742
>This event was suppose to be huge

This chart fills me with schadenfreude
>>
>>94084805
>Selling as good as Fear itself

Now thats some shit.
>>
>>94084993

It's selling worse than Fear Itself, Original Sin and AoU... only AXIS is selling worse.
>>
>>94082950
>Spencer ripping off Bendis's Confessional

It was a great issue but come on.
>>
>>94085243

And he had already stolen that bit for CW2:The Oath, where Steve does that to Tony's comatose body.
>>
>>94083779
At least admiting that there's a problem is better than the unfettered girl power wankfest that they've been trying for the last couple of years.

Even if the result is dower and droll.
>>
>>94084742
I'm somewhat curious, in an anticpating a storytime of pain perhaps to rival America, if they give the Cap book to Coates.
>>
>>94085704

The girl power doesn't annoy me as much as others, but her book just somehow ignores all the bad stuff from CWII, including blowing Tony on Live TV -- and the response to that is that somehow she's super popular now and has a TV Show?

Also the TV Show somehow pays for Alpha Flight? HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN WORK!?
>>
File: 1483026779436.jpg (13KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1483026779436.jpg
13KB, 240x228px
>>94083241
This anon knows how things is
>>
>>94085747

I may not like Coates that much, but Coates would need to get both a stroke and a lobotomy to write as bad as Gabby.
>>
>>94085057
>selling worse than Fear Itself, Original Sin and AoU
>only AXIS is selling worse
>AXIS was the best line-wide event Marvel had put out since Onslaught Saga
>Secret Empire is better than Fear Itself, Original Sin, AoU or CWII but sells worse than all of them
So apparently the problem isn't that Secret Empire is bad. It's that it's not bad enough.
>>
>>94084079
Old cannon she was a 3 month old baby saved by a soviet solder during the siege of Stalingrad. This would make her about 18-20 years younger than cap. That got retconned recently in her own book however. Now she was being trained as a little girl in Red Room in the 80's. She's no longer the un-aging super spy with the soviet recreation of the super soldier serum in her anymore.
>>
>>94085747
You know that Waid has written a run on Captain America before, right? While short, it was pretty good and, ironically enough, is the run where Kobik was shattered.
>>
>>94086021
>>AXIS was the best line-wide event Marvel had put out since Onslaught Saga

lolwut? get out of here Remender.

>>94086065
The rumor is that Waid is only on Cap for an arc, after that, it's Coates book.
>>
>>94083573
>it just feels like a robot made it, like a human being didn't have a hand in its creation.
This is what it will be like when automation finally hits comics.
>>
>>94084742
>Marvel putting Mark Waid on Captain American
out of the frying pan and into the fryer
>>
>>94086094
Ta'Nesi "reparations in 2017, Obama wasn't black enough" Coates
>>
It's not an apology if you spend the whole time blaming other people.
>>
>>94083465
Nah, the beginning had McNiven.
>>
>I
>I
>I
>Me
>Me
>I
>I
>Myself
>I
>I
>My
>I
>Me
>I
>Me
>I
>I
>My
>I
>I
>Me
>Me
>I
>All crammed into one page

Is this comic written by a woman, by any chance?
>>
File: 1473860323166.jpg (56KB, 416x540px) Image search: [Google]
1473860323166.jpg
56KB, 416x540px
>>94083241
Honestly the last interesting comic I read was the Punisher MAX series, and haven't found anything good more recent than that, but now then I'm a casual regardig comics so...

Can anyone recommend some good comics newer than Punisher MAX?
>>
>>94085870
Yeah, Coates is just boring. He actually knows and respects past stories, he just writes comics like he's writing an article about them. Every character is extra dry.

Rivera is a bad fanfic writer. I don't even know how Marvel can publish that trash. As bad as some of the shit Marvel is putting out is, at least it seems like it was written by professionals. America is just, holy fuck.
>>
>>94084616
oh he is kind of a "boss" mentality, aka, a narcissist and turns out is actually an idiot. Just read his stuff hilarious.
>>
File: 1498276943768.jpg (79KB, 600x945px) Image search: [Google]
1498276943768.jpg
79KB, 600x945px
>>94082950
Why are they trying so hard to make that Quasar a thing? It won't stick.
>>
>>94086094
Name a better one. Mind you, we're talking "line-wide" so stuff like Annihilation where it's relegated to one family of books doesn't count.
>>
>>94089047
What the fuck is this even supposed to mean? She's monologuing about herself. Of course there's gonna be a lot of first person pronouns. Find real reasons to dislike this.
>>
>>94082950
Is this supposed to be another "It wasn't worth it."?
>>
>>94085870
>>94090770
I'm imagining him getting high on politics, and completely losing his shit, as he loves the fuck out of politics. Coates is almost new black panthers kind of out there, like farther out than some Black Studies faculty..

>>94088771
Right. That guy.

>>94090411
Ennis's other stuff? Flintstones? Groo the Wanderer? Usagi Yojimbo? Frank Miller's the Dark Knight returns?
>>
>>94082950
Is that a woman?
>>
>>94082950
The sad thing is, I get the feeling that Nick didn't do this in a effort to salvage Carol's character but rather to spite Bendis even further
>>
>>94085813
I'd like to see someone address this and have Carol discover that her popularity is born out of fear rather than genuine adoration

"You see what she did to Tony Stark? I'd rather not get on her bad side!"

You could even have her turn to Jess for comfort only for Jess to reveal that she only rekindled their friendship so that she could keep a close eye on Carol since she wasn't there when she flew off the handle with Tony
>>
>>94091495
New Quasar is his OC. She's supposed to be more powerful than everyone on the space station put together.
For some reason, they won't take the bands off and have someone else wear them.
>>
>>94082950
traditionally, monologues like these are in boxes overlayed across panoramic montages

I miss the good old days, now it's just lazy talking heads
>>
>>94093549
That is just the writer wanking to their OC. No way is she more powerful than everyone on the space station put together when Hyperion, Blue Marvel, Starbrand are there.
>>
>>94093549
>Original character
>Is supposed to be more powerful then everyone else in their relative book vicinity

Can't wait for her to get killed off camera a few years from now because some new writer has their own ultra powerful snowflake they want to masturbate to.
>>
>>94090411
Have you tried reading Kill or be Killed yet? Pretty good non cape shit
>>
>>94082950
God, this art is horrid.
>>
>>94084805
I'm still shocked CWII sold as much as it did. Like, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to spend money on this shit?
>>
>>94091495
>implying Phyla as Quasar is a thing
>>
Why is cap a nazi now?
>>
>>94084805
how the hell did AvX manage to hold up so well sales wise?
>>
>>94093712
>>94093743
You know that Quantum Bands is really power thing? And "REEEEEEEE why OC is so powerful?" argument doesn't working
>>
>>94086036
Wait, WHAT? How does that even work? You have dozens of stories that revolve around her having been around since the '40s, how the fuck can they make them non canon?
>>
>>94095682
Seemed like the thing to do at the time.
>>
>>94093712
Hyperion was strong enough to survived being squished between Two earths in hickman's avengers and only the beyonders kicked his butt in any serious manner -- but jobs to the fucking chitauri
>>
>>94096542
EVERYONE jobs to the fucking chitauri. They're -somehow- bigger than the annihilation wave.

It's because they want the guys casuals recognize from the movies to do good.
>>
>>94094016
>I'm still shocked CWII sold as much as it did
some of it was free copies sent to comic stores, some of it was just comics had a small lift in sales around that time.
>>
>>94095692
People weren't burned out on the hero vs hero thing yet. Civil War, while not a great story, was somewhat unique. It was a big deal.

AvX rode that thunder before it vanished
>>
>>94082950
Wait, Captain America is still evil?
>>
>>94095715
>How the fuck can they make it non-canon?

SLIDING TIMESCALE

Marvel doesn't do large reality reboots like DC. Instead they just gradually sweep things under the rug and tell you not to look too hard at the details.

Like how Nick Fury and Ben Grimm fought in WW2 together.
>>
>>94096810
>SLIDING TIMESCALE

Hasn't it been theorized that the sliding timescale is a side-effect of Franklin Richards' powers?
>>
>>94096917
Everything is a side effect of that little autistic wonder's powers.
>>
>>94082950
Too little too late.

Why is she a hero anyway? She isn't good at it, she doesn't really make a difference and it doesn't seem to bring any happiness to her life. Just quit. It will be better for everyone.

Same with Maria Hill and SHIELD. She never did anything positive. Why did she want to be the director so much?
>>
>>94085704
You are ansolutely 100% wrong anon.
"At least" isn't good enoigh when you're asking for money for something.
You pay a guy to hang dry wall in your house, and it doesn't happen, "at least I got out of bed this morning and didn't start drinking for an hour, which is better than the last two days!" Isn't going to cut it.
Here the idea is that your paying for entertainment. Anything less than entertainment isn't acceptable.
>>
>>94083984
>Its just anti Trump this or Republicans are bad that.
Holy crap anon. I understand that you got duped by trump and are coming to terms with that but what does that have to do with how absolute shit this event and marvel are? If we made a list of how and why Marvel, Spencer and Secret Empire are terrible then ham fisted anti-trump spamming would be way down the list. Lets get some editors with enough pull to wrangle bendis, slott, hackman and spencer into some kind of cohesion. And stop pushing ewings stuff into a corner when he's the only motherfucker on damage control.
>>
>>94096764
>implying
>>
>>94097730
>Holy Crap
I think you're a little more worked up about it than he is, anon.
>>
>>94083984
>anti Trump this or Republicans are bad that.
There's only been one issue in all of Spencer's cap run that had any relation to trump at all, and that was the interview with myspace lady.
>>
>>94097856
I take my spandex clad fictional power fantasy characters very seriously anon.
And I'm more than a little burnt out with trump being everywhere in the media all the time. Sometimes I just want to escape and watch niggas punch dragons in space.
>>
>>94097730
>Implying I care about who is president
Nigga, I don't give a shit who is president right now. The current political standing within Marvel is whats causing such a disaster at Marvel right now.

>Every editor has a mandated assistant editor for some reason. Most of which are experienced in their early 20s and only got the job because they know someone within Marvel
>Mandates that destroy characters, hence the Inhuman bullshit or Carol not having a drinking problem anymore
>Every writer doing whatever the fuck they want on twitter which only alienates their fanbases more
>Hiring writers with little to no life experience to write boring progressive crap like She-Hulk
>Getting rid of almost legacy character for things like Cho, who're written like terrible archetypes of 80s society

This is possibly Ewigs last go at Marvel after what happened to his Ultimates (which is the best thing I've read in years). I wouldn't be surprised if he abandons ship since no one at the company cares about his work. I respect him for trying to build upon Hickmans lore. He is too good for Marvel at the moment.

>>94097945
>Inhumans will be put into camps until we know what to do with them
>Falcon overhears "Rednecks" talk about what a good job Stevil is doing and proceeds to call those men facist
>Black Widow apologizing for her generation for allowing such a man get into power. Calling her generation petty and selfish.

I can find more if you want. Hes not subtle at all anymore.
>>
>>94098033
>>Every editor has a mandated assistant editor for some reason. Most of which are experienced in their early 20s and only got the job because they know someone within Marvel

I didn't read that over. I meant almost all editors have a weird thing going on where they are assigned young women who have never been in the business as their assistant editors. Marvel probably thinks this gives them a different opinion on subject matters or some shit.
>>
>>94098033
How is this Trump at all? Do you think he's putting people in camps? The fuck?

>Falcon overhears "Rednecks" talk about what a good job Stevil is doing and proceeds to call those men facist
I haven't been reading Falcon, but I guess that's an analogue.

>Black Widow apologizing for her generation for allowing such a man get into power. Calling her generation petty and selfish.
I took that as more of another criticism of heroes fighting heroes, and not really anything inherently political, since, you know, this has been going on since 2006.

And, also just propping up the new kid characters since every book has to do that shit.
>>
>>94098033
those are called 'internment camps' or 'concentration camps'. Multiple governments have done them and generally people have agreed they're a bad thing.
Well, seeing as how HydraCap is Fascist and is doing a good job I don't see the problem here.
Are you taking this as a shot at baby boomers, or Regan republicans or who? I thought this was Spencer calling all the hero vs hero shit stupid. And considering that if all the superheroes in the Marvel universe haven't created a utopia despite having literal God-like powers and instead have squandered their talent in internal power struggles she seems justified in saying so.
But by all means, continue with your hunt for a big enough cross to nail yourself to. That must be easier than growing a thicker skin trumpbaby.
>>
>>94084742
>Mark Waid on Captain America

This is sad for me because Waid was the guy who made me love Cap as a kid.
>>
>>94098274
You know, when Waid wants to be good he can be great, right?

I'm betting it'll be more in line with Daredevil than something like Champions.
>>
>>94098153
>How is this Trump at all? Do you think he's putting people in camps? The fuck?
He used phrasing Trump used during the Muslim ban debacle.

So basically I'm a trump supporter because I don't like it when shit like this injected into almost everything I read from what use to my favorite company? Okay.
>>
>>94083984
Some of what you said I agree with but you do realize if you believe this that only makes the message of the page OP posted more impactful. He's literally having the YAS QUEEN say she's the reason everything is fucked up because she was brashly, blindly and loudly trying to prove herself to the detriment of her and everyone around her.
>>
>>94098400
I honestly don't remember the same phrasing used at all, honestly, and certainly not "until we figure things out" or whatever the fuck. I could be misremembering, but I'm pretty sure they're just straight up camps, because inhumans are the new mutants now, and muties get put in fucking camps.
>>
>>94098455
They dissect or outright kill anyone within the camps. You're right about the Mutant part though. Inhumans are basically being prosecuted for being Inhumans.

Lets just see if they give Emma some interesting part within the story when she becomes a Mutant rebel leader who doesn't take shit from Steve.
>>
>>94098033

Someone please explain what is so great about Ultimates. I read the first few issues, and it was awful. No sense of storytelling, no sense of character, garish art, nonsense science. Everyone says it's amazing, so I go back to it, and it still sucks except now he's adding in all these childishly simplistic diety figures and writing the most unbearable mystical psuedo-philosophical nonsense when describing them, really just pre-school level rambling, and mixing that in with these utterly boring drawn out super fights that don't even feel viscerally connected to the deity crap. Oh, and the art is even worse, now.

I liked USAvengers, but Ultimates is honestly one of the worst Marvel books I've read in recent years, second only perhaps to Civil War II in the bad writing/storytelling list.
>>
>>94092041
I can see what he means. Spencer is wasting a whole page on Carol's self pity party. But for what? This story isn't about Carol. This isn't Carol's book. This isnt even a one shot side story about Carol's experience during Secret Empire. This is the main event book, and >>94082950 is the page we get.
>>
>>94098854

Because it builds up Quasar as the new messiah
>>
>>94097509
This guy gets it. It's been said plenty of time in the past few years, but Marvel readers are like battered housewives who try to convince themselves that life is ok with "at least" and the " I'll take what I can get" mentality.
>>
>>94098343
>You know, when Waid wants to be good he can be great, right?
When has he been good in the last 10 years?
>>
>>94098009
It's kinda because the Democratic Party and a lot of the media threw in lots together. I'm not saying it's a propaganda arm, but they are tethered to each other. Trump does dumb shit, but it's like rubbing sand in your eyes every 24 hours. They want people to get pissed through over stimulation. If the Republican Party had more media on television rather than radio and podcasts you'd get sick of all the Clinton conspiracy and lesser known stuff brought to light.
>>
>>94099381
Daredevil. Avengers.
ANAD Avengers.
>>
>>94086094
Even Remender himself doesn't look back too fondly on AXIS.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.