[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Final Versions Of Evil Batmen Revealed For Dark Nights: Metal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 197566_1119700_4.jpg (171KB, 700x451px) Image search: [Google]
197566_1119700_4.jpg
171KB, 700x451px
After teasing comic book fans with ominous shadow images of six evil Batmen from the Dark Multiverse several weeks ago, their final, terrifying images were revealed at Comic-Con International: San Diego.

Each of these malevolent characters – The Red Death, The Murder Machine, The Dawnbreaker, The Drowned, the Merciless and The Devastator – all represent corrupted versions of Batman set upon the DC universe to help conquer it once and for all, as part of the DARK NIGHTS: METAL event beginning this August.

BATMAN: THE RED DEATH #1 (on sale September 20)
JUL170308
Written by Joshua Williamson
Art by Carmine Di Giandomenico

BATMAN: THE MURDER MACHINE #1 (on sale September 27)
JUL170309
Written by Frank Tieri
Art by Ricardo Federici

BATMAN: THE DAWNBREAKER #1 (on sale October 4)
JUL170310
Written by Sam Humphries
Art by Ethan Van Sciver

BATMAN: THE DROWNED #1 (on sale October 18)
JUL170311
Written by Dan Abnett
Art by Philip Tan

BATMAN: THE MERCILESS #1 (on sale October 25)
JUL170312
Written by Peter J. Tomasi
Art by Francis Manapul

BATMAN: THE DEVASTATOR #1 (on sale November 1)
AUG170172
Written by Frank Tieri
Art by Tony S. Daniel

If you have a better img, please post it.
>>
File: 1500537780476.jpg (873KB, 1987x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1500537780476.jpg
873KB, 1987x3056px
>>
>>94081860
okay, this is bullshit
>>
>>94081860
Why did they do Forge and Casting so early? Shit doesn't start for another month
>>
>>94081931
What is bullshit? You never saw event with tie-ins before?
Pretty sure you only NEED to read "Dark Nights: Metal" to understand the story, maybe also the special Batman issues. Rest is most likely optional.
>>
Wait Im lost, what exactly is this event again? These look like the Dark Judges from Dredd
>>
File: 1469172029445.png (1MB, 1044x1133px) Image search: [Google]
1469172029445.png
1MB, 1044x1133px
this sounds like something someones kid came up with
>>
When you don't EVER want batman to be the bad guy so you have to create more bat people to do it.
>>
>>94081479
So basically evil bat versions of JL members? looks a bit silly if you ask me.
>>
>>94082702
>>94082911
IIRC, versions of Batman from other universes that got corrupted by that metal and opened the way to some eldritch horror. Or something
>>
I'm just pleased we're getting a story about evil batman for once. The fact that they seem to be setting this up as a result of Batman's fuck up is even better.
>>
>>94083011
So its another evil doppelganger JL from another universe episode, except they're all metal mashups of Batman too? The hell kind of premise is that? Eldritch horror Justice League would have been sufficient
>>
>>94083200
Probably something like the various Batmen tried to use the Metal to beat the specific JL member in their universe and it ended up opening the door for the horror to pass through and take over.

Doomsday and Ares to beat up Supes and Wondy.

And then the rest as the same character essentially because Bruce coulde use the power better or something
>>
>>94081479
>Frank Tieri

Please no.
>>
>>94081479
Where's The Batman Who Laughs? Is the twist going to be that it's just Joker cosplaying as Batman and he saves the day in the end?
>>
>>94083410
The Triumphant Return of Jokester!
>>
>>94083410
The twist is that the Batman who laughs is Snyder's Joker, crossing one of the three jokers off the list.

Screencap this.
>>
>>94083200
Batman from the opposite side of the Multiverse (Dark Multiverse) takes control of it and becomes a totalitarian king of sorts using an anti-meta premise. Hence why the Nightwing poster says "Our heroes are human". All these Dark Justice League members are probably slaves or something.

I'm looking forward to see if they're going to show the Dark Speed force or some shit. If anything this event has at least brought back some great characters and ideas.
>>
>>94083570
>Dark Speedforce
The Speedforce itself isn't even fully explained, but sure, let's introduce another one.
>>
File: RCO015.jpg (539KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO015.jpg
539KB, 1041x1600px
>>94083613
Its called the Negative Speed Force. Its basically the evil Speed Force or some shit. In Rebirth they are actually using the Speed Force as a cosmic entity that gives each speedster different abilities.
>>
>>94081479
They look like 90s edge characters, which fits the Metal theme I guess. I'm just hoping the good DC books won't be affected by this dumb but harmless event
>>
>>94081479
>Batwank: the event

But hey, at least it's not Secret Empire; right?
>>
>>94085009
Yeah, pretty much. It's literally ok when dc does it.
>>
>>94085035
We're getting some favorite characters from this event so I'm okay with it. Not to mention a FF4 inspired book which I can't wait for. Even the tie in books are building lore for the Dark Multiverse so and actually giving a proper origin to Hawkman/girl.

Secret Empire is just about character assassination and Nick Spencer using Black Widow as a mouth piece to talk about Trump. At this point I trust Snyder than Spencer. Even though I find Snyders Batman a little too over the top, even more so than Morrison's Batgod.
>>
>>94081479
>Female Pirate/Atlantean Batman

atleast something interesting will come out of this event
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.