[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't his comics sell?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Why don't his comics sell?
>>
He's a second rate Grant Morison
>>
>>94067457
All he does is attempt to fix other writers' mistakes. But there are too many mistakes for one man to fix.
>>
>>94067457
Because he doesn't write interesting comics for Marvel. Should stick to 2000ad where his stuff is far more decent.
>>
>>94067531
This.
>>
>>94067457
he likes C/Z listers too much,compare bendis and nicknames new avengers with all the a listers to his,same with ultimates where fucking black panther is the biggest seller and his new fans don't care about cosmic stuff.
>>
>>94067504
I take Ewing all day over almost every other Marvel's writer. He should undertand he always will be a second stringer there and switch to DC.
>>
>>94067457
I was turned off by his 'clever semi-ironic' caption writing style. I can't get through more han a few pages of it.
>>
He actually cares about the universe instead of making garbage that only exists to promote the MCU or be part of the MCU one day.

His comics aren't normie/casual friendly too. While Bendis is making shitty OCs like Riri who only exist for the MCU, Ewing is making stuff like USAvengers.
>>
>>94068197
Riri has nothing to do with movies.

>>94067457
Too many d and c listers.

Only few writes could make them sell. Even then they don't want to do them.
>>
He's a continuity whore and casuals along with Marvel despise continuity.
>>
File: 1492291214108.gif (551KB, 245x220px) Image search: [Google]
1492291214108.gif
551KB, 245x220px
>>94068197
>shitty OCs like Riri who only exist for the MCU

That character was never in the MCU and probably never will be

You're talking out your ass
>>
>>94068510
Riri exist for leverage during negotiations with RDJ, dude. There's a reason why they've created alts for the big three specifically.
>>
>>94067457
Because his books look like diversity pandering but are actually continuity pandering, so the wednesday warriors ignore it because it looks like another after-school special and the newfriends ignore it because they have no idea who those characters are.
>>
>>94068510
>>94068899

>Implying Bendis didn't create Riri in hopes of replacing Tony in the MCU in the future
>>
>>94067658
that's why he's the perfect writer for me. I don't really like any A-listers, B listers are usually better and C listers are the best of the whole group usually. Starts going downhill after that. Fits a bell curve desu
>>
>>94067457
He hasn't been put on an A-list book that would get his name out there
>>
>>94069037
he wrote that loki book when loki was still popular. not sure if that would be a list tho.
>>
>>94068899
>Spider-Man teasing the Prowler already. Miles Morales uncle
>Pushing Captain Marvel movie coming up that will probably hint toward a small Pakistani girl worshiping her

I can see phase 4 introducing these characters. Especially when we don't know what they will build toward as the next big villain after Thanos.
>>
>>94068984
All about the royalties.
>>
>>94069037

This. Marvel books don't sell if it's a popular title. The gap between what sells and what doesn't is ridiculous. For example ASM consistently sells pretty well but stuff like Scarlet Spider (the good one) and Spider-Man Team Up were cancelled due to poor sales.

Ewing needs to be put on a popular book. You can't get ahead being on lesser known titles when working with Marvel.
>>
Because he doesn't write books like Spider-Man or Batman.
>>
>>94068915
Hahaha. Even if that's true, 16 year old black girls do not make good leverage. Disney knows they'd have no way to market her. It's sad but black teen lead means a loss in sales unless the black audience goes to see it.
>>
>>94068851
>continuity whore
why such a negative connotation for something so logical?
>>
>>94068915
Doesn't China not like black leads and since they vote with their wallet (a very, very large wallet)...
>>
Anyone who's not a newfag who has stumbled here from plebbit knows that writers don't sell anymore. People only want the latest Batfamily book, rather than looking at the writer.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.