[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEGA partnering with IDW for new Sonic comic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

How long until Archie goes out of business?
>>
>IDW continued GI Joe & Transformers in their "classic" continuity alongside reboots

what are the actual odds they do a wrap-up mini series to give the old run its conclusion at #300?
>>
>>94049834
well that was fast
>>
>>94049834
I think this is a good fit for Sega. IDW does not fuck over creators like Archie does either.
>>
Reboot with new #1 or just a continuation?
>>
>>94049834
Why do autists think Sonic meant anything to Archie's bottom line?
>>
>>94049891
>>94049966
There will never be a direct continuation

Freedom Fighters are dying along with the Archie universe.
>>
>>94049834
>>
>had to look them up
>they're shit

Well I guess we all knew the Sony franchise was having a painful death, what's one more rusty nail.
>>
hopefully sooner than later
not giving Sabrina an ongoing with a consistent creative team is retarded and why would they kill Jughead's series?
fuck them
>>
>>94049927
>>>94049834 (OP)
>well that was fast
This fuckin guy...
>>
>>94049927
They wouldn't have closed one reasonably profitable door unless they were prepared to open another. It was probably already decided months ago. They were just waiting to time the announcement properly.
>>
>>94049984

This is what denial looks like. You have no idea what they're gonna do beyond what anyone else does. Honestly, it could go either way given the history of this book and the fact that IDW seems to have gone out of their way to get the rights to reprint old material from other publishers. It's also worth noting they got the rights to use the old TMNT stuff from Archie.
>>
>>94049975
They think it was the best selling comic for Archie due to years old Comichron numbers where it had the highest sales for issues in comic stores. This ignores the fact that Archie makes all it's money on the newsstand with digests.
>>
File: moose_archie658.png (122KB, 303x315px) Image search: [Google]
moose_archie658.png
122KB, 303x315px
>>94049834
Archie doesn't have enough series to survive on its own. Sonic was one of their ace and now the only thing left is Archie series itself?

I'm surprised these guys are alive, the Archie series and its spinoff themselves are very mediocre. The only time Archie Comics thrived without Sonic were decades ago when the Comic Codes were around and most comics outside of superheroes were censored/banned. Their garbage slice of life comics filled with cringe-inducing tropes were the only option at that time for people who wanted more out of comics than just superheroes. Archie was also supportive of the Comic Codes. After CC died, their comics quickly became irrelevant until they acquired the rights to the Sonic series which they were known to up till now.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.