[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the best version of batman, and why is it this one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 1500623136761.gif (25KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1500623136761.gif
25KB, 260x260px
what's the best version of batman, and why is it this one?
>>
>>94047040
That movie was hot garbage made for people who never picked up a comic book in their lives, the lego Batman was a fun character in the first lego movie because his personality being like that came out of nowhere, making an entire movie around it got old quick and the plot was extremely boring, they had all those obscure villains but did nothing with them to focus on a shitty plot because hurr durr Joker is gay muh parents are dead ecks dee
>>
File: b60.jpg (16KB, 233x280px) Image search: [Google]
b60.jpg
16KB, 233x280px
>>94047120
>>
>>94047120
The first half of the movie was a pretty inspired deconstruction of Batman and the entire franchise. The second half is garbage though because it stops being what the first half was. Literally the only thing I could remember from the second half was the color orange.
>>
>>94047040
lol Robin is gay XD
>>
>>94047181
The plot about Batman dealing with having a family (one of the being fucking Alfred, the guy who raised him) was pretty dumb, if it was just him learning how to be a dad for r63 Kelly it wouldn't have been so bad, its like they chose the lowest hanging fruits possible when writing the movie and the only research was (according to the Joker who literally said it out loud because lol meta commentary) a quick google to see which obscure Batman villains they could add
>>
>>94047040
Lego Batman has actual flaws instead of just being a little broody.
>>
File: Bman_Character.jpg (36KB, 258x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bman_Character.jpg
36KB, 258x480px
*blocks your path*
>>
>>94047176
It's not "fun". LEGO Movie was fun. This was just unfunny Robot Chicken jokes.

>>94047181
>The first half of the movie was a pretty inspired deconstruction of Batman
You cannot be fucking serious with this. How is "lol Batman is an asshole" inspired?

>>94048347
An example of a fun version of Batman that actually takes inspiration from the comics, takes deep cuts that are more than just "lol Batman had wacky villains in the 60's!" and features an exaggerated, humorous version of the character without turning it into one giant unfunny joke.
>>
>>94047040
lego batman is an official sanctioned parody and he's great.
His egotistical nature is a deconstruction of the bat-god.
>>
>>94047120
>>94048797
If you really can't see how Lego Batman is a parody of Batman then you are missing the forest for the trees and forgetting what his overall characterization across history is like
>>
>>94049628
some people really just refuse to see the fun.
>>
>>94049628
Of course I see how it's a parody, it's just a shallow one without anything clever to say.

>>94052077
Like I said, LEGO Movie is fun. Brave and the Bold is fun. LEGO Batman is just unfunny, tired normie jokes about Super Friends, Adam West, and the Nolan movies that have been done a million times.
>>
>>94054303
yes, but has any batman depiction EVER shown off batman as being ALL of those different batmans?

lego batman was 60s batman. he WAS killing joke batman. he WAS BTAS batman. he WAS nolan batman.

Joker was the same joker that tried using cosmetics to kill people, the same joker that tried turning the city against itself, the same joker that tortured jim gordon.

All of these aspects were part of both of them...and that's why batman is full batgod.
>>
>>94054982

although in the context of a Lego universe, every bad thing that Joker has done kinda feels toned down. (Like you think him torturing Jim Gordon revolves around showing him bad cartoons or crippling Barbara by stealing her legs because LEGO.)
>>
>>94054982
https://youtu.be/rznro4_W3EE?t=31s
>>
>>94055615
I'm also not sure that he would have done that either since barbara gets her introduction in the movie.

but yeah, you're right. They're all parts of the character, and joker even says they've been fighting for 79 years, but I'd imagine they take bits from each fight and adapt them to the lego world.
>>
>>94054982
In spite of all this self-awareness and referential humor, it didn't really say anything about Batman that hasn't been said before.
>>
It's like the writers watched Forrestfire101 and wanted copy it, but had to sensitize it for little kids.
>>
>>94055684
....does it really need to?

batman is old as shit, and pretty much avenue has been explored with the character NUMEROUS times.
>>
>>94055680

Although now I'm curious as to what the Arkham series would be like Lego style (except maybe Arkham Knight because no Robin)
>>
>>94047040
>You will never get a will arnett/michael cera, All Star Batman and Robin movie with Will shouting "I'm the Goddamn Batman"

Why even live?
>>
>>94055787
Now, that's a name I haven't heard in a long time...
>>
>>94047120

I liked Lego Batman far more than TLM.
>>
>>94056274
Somebody bring it up to them at a con!
>>
>>94056299
Yeah he stopped making videos I think. But the humor is all taken from the channel: Gay Robin, gay Joker, Batmans entire personality, mocking 60's stuff, mocking the dark knight, lol justice League.
>>
>>94056577
gay joker was a parody on the way he was portrayed in the dark knight.

robin was flamboyant, not gay, and even that was more based on the memes in society that have basically pervaded the character since the 70s

batman's personality was based partially onthe lego movie and partially on just...you know, batgod.

EVERYONE mocks 60s stuff

and...they didn't really mock the dark knight beyond referencing it.
>>
Because he's Strong Bad.
>>
File: batman.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
batman.webm
3MB, 852x480px
LEGO Batman was legitimately funny as fuck.
>>
>>94058894

Oh god. I'm not the only one who thought that.

And Robin is Homestar Runner.

You could replace Batman and Robin with Homestar and Strongbad and you'll find no difference at all.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.