[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SDCC 2017: SPIDER-MAN panel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: SM.png (377KB, 575x343px) Image search: [Google]
SM.png
377KB, 575x343px
New creative team for Spider-Man/Deadpool. Robbie Thompson and Chris Bachalo will take over with November's issue #23
>>
Oh boy, I can't wait to hear how mad Dan Slott makes people and he promises worst things to come!
>>
>>94040633
hope the rumor of him wanting to do Maximum Carnage 2 are true
>>
>Spider-Man by Bendis and Oscar Bazaldua will be continuing under Legacy as well. The interior pages feature "Super Ganke" flying through the air.
>>
>>94040659
I can already imagine the audience of the room laughing.
>>
>>94040613
The cover features Deadpool riding a shark chasing Spidey. Every few issues, Spidey/Deadpool will flash forward to old Wilson and Parker hanging out at a retirement home.
>>
>>94040613
Maybe there's hope for this series after all.
>>
>>94040613
Holy shit! Y-yes, this is great, I've always liked Bachalo's art, and Thompson has been nothing but good so far, I am hyped as fuck.
>>
This thread is dead for a Spider-Man panel.
>>
>Lowe briefly mentioned more Spidey titles that didn’t have creative team members on stage: Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider; Venom by Mike Costa and Mark Bagley (“They’re doing an incredible story that goes back to the roots of Venom as a Lethal Protector,” Lowe said); Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, which will explore “what’s real and what’s not” about Peter Parker’s (purported) sister; and Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows, which Lowe said “is the book” for fans who were upset about Peter Parker and Mary Jane no longer being married.
>>
>>94040657
>A fan asked if there was a chance of “another ‘Maximum Carnage’ story.” “Carnage, his series ended probably about six months ago, and you’ll notice he’s been conspicuously off the table,” Lowe replied, saying that one of the writers on the panel was working on a story where the character might show up, though hinted at bigger plans to come. “We’re paving the way for a story that’s coming up in a different spider-book that I don’t want to talk about, because it’s a great surprise.” Lowe said that it’s “pretty nuts.”
>>
>The next fan asked if Peter Parker lost some of his relatability given that he’s been a wealthy globetrotting CEO in current storylines. Lowe said the crux of the story is the question, if Peter Parker was able to get everything he wanted career-wise, “Will that make his life easier? The answer is absolutely not,” Lowe said. “His life is in shambles.” Lowe said that there are “really big Parker Industries stories” leading into the “Fall of Parker” story, and that Superior Octopus will have a major role.
>>
>Alonso briefly discussed the aims of Marvel Legacy, saying that the publisher’s creators were challenged to “excavate gems” from Marvel’s past, and “use them to embrace new readership.” Alonso said he was “very excited” for the initiative, and that it was a “great way to remind people we love the mythology as much as you do.”

>To wrap the panel, Lowe teased the march towards Amazing Spider-Man #800 (the series will renumber in October with issues #789 and #790). Lowe said the plans for the issue are “just as huge as they were for #700.”

Amazing Spider-May?
>>
>>94041697
> Maximum Carnage 2 intensifies!
>>
>>94041813

Mayday? Ptf. Like Marvel cares about her anymore.
>>
>>94041697
something he tells me he was talking about Venomverse.
>>
>>94040613
Oh shit! I'm actually interested in it again!
>>
GET SLOTT OFF THE FUCKING BOOK
>>
>>94042094
They literally spoiled the fact that Carnage is appearing there in the solicit for the final issue of Venomverse. I don't know why Lowe is being coy.
>>
>>94041844
No, the OG May.
>>
>>94042403
They might. And Spencer will take over.
>>
File: doppleganger.png (2MB, 814x935px) Image search: [Google]
doppleganger.png
2MB, 814x935px
>The fan asks if Doppelganger could be seen soon and Lowe says "No comment."
MARVEL PLEASE
>>
>>94040613
>Chris Bachalo

Not sure if I dig this choice for a Spider-Man book. Crowded, busy panels with poor panel pacing does not seem to fit. I could be wrong and it could be amazing. Who knows.
>>
>>94042615
>MARTHAR!!
Why did he say that name?
>>
File: snowgod.jpg (957KB, 2783x2139px) Image search: [Google]
snowgod.jpg
957KB, 2783x2139px
>>94042676
I've liked some of his Spidey work in the past. Hated how he drew the Lizard though
>>
>>94042615
Maximum Carnage 2 intensifies!
>>
File: agent venom and mania issue 39.jpg (543KB, 1024x1556px) Image search: [Google]
agent venom and mania issue 39.jpg
543KB, 1024x1556px
>Can readers expect to see Mania and Agent Venom?

>Bunn says yes and that they'll have very different roles in the story.

>"I walked away super excited about this story and the things that are going to be happening." - Bunn
>>
>>94042864
But will Carnage be murdering the SJW characters killing Marvel though?

Will he be slitting America Chavez open from groin to gullet, wearing Miles' face as a mask House of A Thousand Corpse style, or pretty much murdering EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER in Ms Marvel's home town and purposely desecrating Kamala's corpse with pigs blood so she can't get a proper Muslim burial?

You know, for the fans????
>>
>>94043265
No.
>>
So apart from the new Spider-Man/Deadpool creative team and the unsurprising news that Otto isn't going away any time soon, it doesn't look like much was announced.
>>
>>94041521
What's there to talk about?
>Oh boy! I can't wait for Slott to keep on raping Spider-Man! Golly gee wiz!
>>
At least we still have the video game.
>>
>>94045959
With extra Miles shilling.

Pass.
>>
>>94046331
Why is one character will effect the gameplay?
>>
>>94045959
A bad video game. Maybe the Lego movie one will be any good.

Oh, who am I kidding.
>>
>>94046458
Gameplay looks shit
>Press X button to not die!
>>
File: 1500017151773.jpg (77KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1500017151773.jpg
77KB, 583x583px
>>94043265
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.