[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Organic Web > Mechanic Shooters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

>>
>>94036965
Agreed. While I appreciate the fact that Peter is a scientific genius and could develop mechanic webshooters, it's stupid as fuck for him to be SPIDER-Man without any natural abilities that definitely relate to spiders. Without organic webbing, he could have based his super hero identity around literally any other concept and the fact that he obtained them from a spider would be null.
>>
>>94036965
Never seen this thread before. Sure it will be polite, well thought out adult dicussion.
>>
>>94037017
I agree with you, besides it's not like creating the webshooters is the only way Peter can show his intelligence.
Now wait for someone to reply you saying that the fact he chooses to be a spider-themed hero just because is what gives him character like that's the only trait of his personality.
>>
Wrong, organic webshooters is like shooting jizz out of your wrists.
>>
>>94037148
Isn't that just another point in it's favor?
>>
What if he had organic webbing, but it was limited just like every other biological ability so he developed mechanical web shooters as a backup?
>>
>>94037148
Male spiders use their pedipalps to transfer their sperm into the female.
>>
>>94037247
Alternatively, Organic shooters with mechanisms to add greater control like we see in the comic
>>
>>94037247
Some people proposed in other threads the idea that he can produce the web, but his shooting ability is limited, so he would make the shooters to store the substance and shoot it correctly.
Anyway, for some reason people really hate neutral stances in this kind of discussions. I never cared that much about organic vs mechanical, I like both of them.
>>
Organic webshooters are gross.
>>
>>94037017
>Organic webs
>Coming from hands
>Not coming from ass
Might as well commit to the whole Spider gimmick.
>>
>web fluid is made to last only a short while then dissolve away
>actual webbing lasts until destroyed

That would be really inconvenient both for Peter and the city.
>>
>>94037311
>Male spiders use their pedipalps to transfer their sperm into the female.
Omg, that totally changes what's happening in this picture.
>>
>>94037328
>>94037374
What if he could shoot organic webbing just fine, but he still developed the webshooters to give him a variety of attack options like web balls and taser webs?
>>
>>94036965
Every day with this thread. Who gives a flying fuck.
>>
>>94037017
That's dumb.
Spidey's powers are based on an interpretation of what Spiders can do. Plus it's not like Spiders are the only things that make web either.
So that meme doesn't really work.
And really you can say that about a lot of heroes.
>>
>>94037017
>Batman
>isnt a bat, has no real bat related powers
>>
>>94037017
>Without organic webbing, he could have based his super hero identity around literally any other concept and the fact that he obtained them from a spider would be null.
That's what makes it GOOD. He chose the Spider-Man identity himself. Why do you feel like everything should just be destiny and shit?
>>
>>94037424
how bot webshooters inject solvent to make organic webbing dissolve.
>>
>>94037411
She's basically sucking his third fang (the one that spiders use to absorb their prey's fluid) so he can feast on her saliva.
>>
>>94037440
Batman is stupid as fuck and should have remained a street level detective instead of becoming batgod.
>>
>>94037430
>Spidey's powers are based on an interpretation of what Spiders can do.
The only thing unique to spiders in his powerset is the webbing thing. Take that from him and he's literally a physically enhanced superhero with a sixth sense.
>Plus it's not like Spiders are the only things that make web either.
Yet they're the only animals that use it the way Peter does, and it's what the entire order of araneae is known for.
>>
>>94037440
>>Batman
>>isnt a bat, has no real bat related powers
What's wrong with Batman?

He's a 6ft tall man clad in leather, that is the worlds greatest detective, Uses Ninja like skills, Throws Boomerangs shaped like bats, Can't fly so he uses a grappling hook and doesn't use sonar regularly,

How is that not exactly what you think of when you think "Bat-man"?
>>
>>94037526
Well if you have enough shekels, you can do anything.
>>
>>94037566
Literally NO animal uses webs like Spidey does.
>>
>>94037604
Spiders do. Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
File: 1315348-awebshield.jpg (116KB, 542x837px) Image search: [Google]
1315348-awebshield.jpg
116KB, 542x837px
>>94037630
What spiders shoot high velocity web, sling shot around and make shields?
>>
>>94037827
>What spiders shoot high velocity web, sling shot around and make shields?
Seriously though, there are spiders that do that, do kids just not watch documentaries anymore?

Also, you're using one hell of a fallacy there.
The fact that he can apply his human intelligence to innovate with his webs, doesn't mean that he's not building upon the already incredibly versatile uses the real life spiders give to their webbing. Almost all of the uses Spider-man gives to his web can be compared to a species of spider.
You probably think all spiders do is the web traps you see in your ceiling and the occasional egg sac.
>literally no animal uses webs like Spidey does
That has to be the most retarded comment I've read in /co/ in the last 5 years. It's Spider-man, he chose that identity because he uses webs like spiders do, that was his original motif.
Just what the fuck.
>>
>>94037430
>>94037604
There's literally ONE species of worm that shoots a fluid similar to a spider web to make his preys stick to the ground and trap them.
One species of worm compared to the entire family of spiders.
The rest of animals that have some kind of webbing, they use it to create their pupa stage, and that's it.
You can't be serious.
>>
>>94036965
Wrong.
>>
>>94036965
Mechanic shooters have one undisputable advantage though: they're CANON.
>>
File: j6K3x.jpg (582KB, 1200x1742px) Image search: [Google]
j6K3x.jpg
582KB, 1200x1742px
>>94038028
Then name one. Pull up one of these documentaries.
Show me a Spider that actually uses their webs like Spidey.
I know they can do weird shit but nowhere near like what Spidey does.
Show me one that shoots high velocity web. One that shoots concussive balls. One that makes brass knuckles. Show me one.
Spider-man's webs are barely like Spider-webs to begin with and his shooters sure as fuck don't spin it like a spider does.
>>
>>94038328
That doesn't necessarily mean they're better. Just that they're canon.
>>
>>94038342
I like how you just answered only the first line because you know the rest is true.
Again, a human finding more complex uses doesn't take away the fact that the only things that come close are spiders.
Nigger, you just claimed that no animal uses webs like Spidey does, when he's the one who's using webs like spiders do and building upon that.

You want examples of how versatile real life spiders are? Ok
The Diving Bell Spider is able to make "air" zones and in optimal conditions they can pass their entire lives underwater.
The famous Jumping Spiders always create a safety thread before jumping and some species can modify their trajectory swinging in a curve using that thread (familiar?)
The Pisaura builds an entire nest zone several times her size to care and look after her baby spiders.
Hyptiotes Paradoxus creates a triangular webbing and grabs one of its three extremes; when an insect falls in the web she frees it and the prey gets tangled by the entire web.
There's a species whose name I can't remember (forgive me) who literally boobytraps single sticky threads to the ground: the moment an insect barely touches one it retracts letting the prey hanging defenseless.
Trapdoor spiders are famous for what their name implies, but some species go as far as building a secret "room" in their lair: when a predator enters (like a centipede) they close the shield of this secondary room and their lair appears empty
The Bolas spiders (like the Mastophora Hutchinsoni) hunt using a sticky 'capture blob' of silk at the end of a line. By swinging the bolas at flying moths they snag their preys in the middle of their flight.
>his shooters sure as fuck don't spin it like a spider does
Spitting spiders, members of the family family Scytodidae: look them up.

And I wrote this spoonfeeding post just to show that you're just an ignorant who likes to talk about shit he has no fucking clue of.
Seriously people, don't do this. Watch documentaries and read more books, god dammit.
>>
>>94038343
They're also better.
They add quite a bit to Peter's character, beyond the fact that he designed both the mechanical shooter and the webbing material.
It underscores the effort that he put in to creating the Spider-man persona, beyond the costume and name.

Also their is the added benefit that anyone can use them.
>>
>>94039204
Don't get me wrong, I agree with this last post. I'm just tired of people going "canon = automatically good", that's all.
>>
>>94038028
Actually he took the motif because he has basic reasoning and realized he got his powers from a Spider
>>94039074
But can they do yo-yo shit? Can they make shields? Checkmate Spider-autist.
>>
>>94039339
>"show me one example"
>show him several
>"b-but can they make HATS?"
What more do you want, you fucking kid?
We've been over this already, if spiders had the intellect of a human, they would make yo-yo shit all the time.
>can they make shields?
They can actually: it's right there, in the post you quoted. You didn't read it at all, did you?
Holy shit, we're in the middle of summer alright.
>>
>>94039427
I'll have you know Spider-hats are an important part of the comic lore.
>If Spiders could do something they couldn't they would.
Excellent logic. I'm sure worms would too.
>Summer meme
You're new around here aren't you?
Also they're making doors not Spider-shields.

I don't even know what I'm arguing at this point. Spider-man "wouldn't have Spider-powers without organic webs" is retarded though.
>>
>>94039596
>spoiler
At the beginning you said
>Spidey's powers are based on an interpretation of what Spiders can do. Plus it's not like Spiders are the only things that make web either.
Implying that there are animals that use silk the way spiders do, and that the organic theory is flawed because he could've gotten webbing powers of that level from any of those other animals, so the mechanical theory is better because it secures the spider motif.

You may be arguing at this point that Spiderman do shit so extreme that no spider can ever hope to do, but I was arguing for the fact that only spiders come close, and literally every other animal with webbing uses it to create a pupae.
In terms of webbing abilities there's:
Spiderman >>> Spiders >>> huge power-gap >>> the rest of the animals
So I'm saying that webbing powers like Spiderman's are inherently related to spiders and not any other animal, and that if we were to go by the organic theory, it would only make sense he obtained those powers from a spider.

I'm not even arguing one theory is better than the other. I think both are fine as long as the story is executed correctly.
>>
>>94037440
Didn't he have actual justification for choosing bats as his theme?

Was Peter thrown into a vat full of spiders that led to some childhood trauma he had to overcome?
>>
Why does every superhero have to be a genius?
>>
>>94039980
Because if they're average or normal they'll get the permanent stigma of being dumb and fans will laugh at them.
Look at what happened to Hal.
>>
>>94039959
I'd say getting his powers from a spider is more justification for the theme than "I saw a bat once when I was a kid and it made me really scared".
>>
>>94039929
Alright my bad then.
>>94039959
Peter was bitten by a radioactive Spider
And Bruces' original origin was he was startled by a Bat breaking through his window the exact instance he sat down to decide what his Super motif should be.
I'm sure the canon reason now is more dramatic. Movies seem to like the origin of baby Bruce falling into a mass of Bats under the house.
>>94040013
To be fair maybe that's BECAUSE there are so many geniuses.
Plus other average intelligence heroes
>>
>>94040258
>my bad then
Welp, I was arguing too and two don't fight if one etc etc.
I tend to express my points very badly in discussions, so sorry about that.
>>
>>94036965
Oh shut the fuck up
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.