[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Problem with PC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_20170720_180339.jpg (112KB, 472x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170720_180339.jpg
112KB, 472x960px
>>
>>94024563
It's racist because its a minstrel caricature you mong
>>
Blackface, you mean?

Bullshit.
>>
>>94024563
That wasn't even the picture people were complaining about.
Also, arent' you suppose to be in /trash/ right now?
>>
>>94024757
Its actually not, nothing racist about the top image, at all. Look at those calling it racist, its uptight white people. As a black man I appreciate a white artist who does not just draw white features and put a coat of black paint on the character. That is actually racist. This image being called racist is just white folk trying to seem relevant and progressive.
>>
>>94024882
The artist wasn't white, he was black.
>>
I like Garnet. Come at me.
>>
>>94024563
The main problem was due to the traits that were assigned to her, interesting that you decided to cut that part off.
>>
>>94024563
wheres garnets shoe collection and inability to read?

also fleet footedness
>>
>>94024960
She is white.
>>
@94025039
k
>>
>>94024876
right, people were complaining about a single throwaway sketch for a book they likely didn't even buy

so what was the controversy again?
>>
>>94024563
>had no intentions of picking this book up
>concrete controversy happens, she wil not be included in later reprints
>already have one on hold at work just for the existence of concrete
If they wanted me to buy the book, it worked. Bravo Rebecca
>>
>>94024563
There's already problems with this turd of a show. Not just with PC.
>>
File: concrete-600x600.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
concrete-600x600.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>94024563
I s that a design that was in the book too or fanart of it? Because I'm pretty sure pic related was the one causing all the fuss, not the cutie in OP.

Along with the minstrel-like appearance, the shoe collection and being illiterate thing is what got people in a huff.

I've been hearing a black dude drew it, but that's pretty irrelevant. Part of me thinks he was trying to channel Rebecca's style from Singles and 'Don't cry for me, I'm already dead', but another part of me doesn't put bullshit pass anyone. In the end this all goes into the don't-give-a-fuck pile.

Why am I even typing this? Where do I leave my "As a black guy, I think..." stamp like the other Anon?
>>
>>94025015
also garnet is the name of a gem while the illiterate one obsessed with shoes is named concrete
>>
>>94025154
You should leave your stamp after "I've been hearing a black dude drew it, but that's pretty irrelevant."
>>
Wasn't the most racist part of this whole thing is that they drew such a blatant negress and then one of the few character traits they could come up with for her is that she can't read
>>
>>94025039
Lamar Abrams said he drew the Concrete design. All claims say Rebecca Sugar wasn't even there. She created the show but she had nothing to do with this character.
>>
>>94025154
The guy that drew it in the first place redrew it as OP's image and posted it when he issued his apology. He didn't write the notes next to it, though, and last I heard whoever did that has remained anonymous.
>>
>>94025509
The one who wrote about the traits wasnt him though, thats the part that made it x10 worse.. pretty sure it was hellen jo who wrote the description. but i know it was part of an exercise where one person drew a design and another wrote their description
>>
>>94025591
Nope, the writer stepped and apologized.
>>
>>94024882#

I know, right? SJWs are almost always sheltered white college kids.
>>
>>94024563
I like it, it reminds me of powerpuff girls.
>>
>>94025154
I get the illiterate thing but what's wrong with having a shoe collection?
>>
>>94025114
>a couple years from now they rerelease the book, with Concrete back in it again, and market it as The Original Version
>"Now with EXCLUSIVE content deemed TOO CONTROVERSIAL beyond the first printing!"

I'll buy it.
>>
>>94024882

The top image is the character redrawn and with the racist aspects toned down. The original drawing looks like Mr. Popo.
>>
>>94025647
Oh, ok. Anyone have a link to that?
>>
>>94025693

I kind of get the illiterate thing too, desu. I just wish people weren't so damn butthurt over everything. Artists explore tropes, including racist ones, and subvert them.

What would an SJW have thought if they just saw a sketch of Garnet with notes "Afro" and "Lesbian"?
>>
>>94025154
>>94025708
It doesn't look that different to me.

Mind you, the original Concrete was just a doodle that was never meant to be fleshed out.
>>
>>94025727
http://hilaryflorido.tumblr.com/post/163107861803/concrete
>>
>>94025746
That still doesnt call to mind 1920s racist caricature
Illiterate and obsessed with shoes??
Thats like hand picked stereotypes dude
The person who wrote the description is just an imbecile if they didnt realize that
>>
File: IMG_20170716_170646.jpg (109KB, 960x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170716_170646.jpg
109KB, 960x707px
This looks like Mr Popo?

My ass.
>>
>>94025760

Granted, people are over-reacting to the original, which was probably not intended to invoke minstrel caricature, but the difference between her actually black skin in the original, as opposed to a dark brown "black" african skin tone, and the emphasis the original placed on the lips being both white and huge makes a big difference. If the character had made it on the show she would have looked like OP's image.
>>
>>94025746
It's literally just SU Critical who blew this situation up.

I can guarantee that if SU Critical wasn't a thing, Concrete would have just been swept under the rug, like when Steven bribed a black guy with watermelon.
>>
File: BuU_aCjIcAAcReG.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
BuU_aCjIcAAcReG.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
>>94025591
Thanks for informing, Anon. OP was being disingenuous, but i dunno, doesn't matter really.

>>94025693
Its a mid-tier black stereotype.
>>
File: 1.png (59KB, 315x177px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
59KB, 315x177px
>>94025821

Yes.
>>
>>94025881
My biggest problem is that someone saw his drawing and was like : illiteracy and shoe collection! Even her apology felt hamfisted
Your words were literally based on association for an exercise about that, and yet you say you don't associate black people with those traits.
Seems like the crewniverse aint so perfect
>>
>>94025960

OK, I see it now. Still, the only think about the lips is they weren't shaded. He was probably thinking lipstick but didn't have a colored pencil handy.

As for that shoe thing, that's all women.
>>
>>94026008
Of all the other things she could have written
>>
>>94025810
> Had Concrete been under consideration for an episode, she, like all of the ideas for SU, would have been scrutinized carefully to prevent any careless mistakes like this.

Okay so now that the creator of the show, the person that drew the image, and the person that wrote the text have all come forward, identified themselves, and explained their sides of the story. So now where's the person/people that picked up this doodle and sent it ahead to get printed in the artbook? I don't care if they apologize or not, I'm just curious if they have any perspective. Because the three people involved so far have all pretty much said "this never should have left the 5 minute creative exercise," and the person that edited the book or whatever is the one who put it out there and really blew the story up.
>>
>>94025960
her skin is a lighter shade compared to her black hair
>>
>>94025154
All this bitching for a single sketch in the corner of a page, jesus christ these people are unbelievable
>>
>>94026055

I'm actually wondering now if the people who over-reacted to this (obviously unintentional invocation of minstrel tropes (i mean FFS the dude works on SU)) even realized this was supposed to be hair.
>>
>>94026008
>Seems like the crewniverse aint so perfect
No you moron. They're human.
>>
>>94026051
>Because the three people involved so far have all pretty much said "this never should have left the 5 minute creative exercise,"
Gee, it's almost like they're saying what people want them to hear.
>>
>>94025494
black people with darker skin are illiterate? I am unfamiliar with black prejudice, but illiteracy seems more like a world wide problem for the slums and inner-city folks with inadequate education systems.
>>
>>94026119
That last part was a joke anon
>>
>>94025819
It is not a racist caricature, at all. I am not going to post one but this is not racist, the text could be misunderstood but the art itself is not racist. You fucking white college kids looking to play slacktivist are racist for thinking it is racist. Big lips, big breasts and thick hips makes something racist? So you have issues with natural black hair as well? Oh she has a broad nose, how dare they! That mindset is racist. If you look at this image and think racism, you are the problem, not the artist who was just giving real black features to a character instead of the same tired and true 'lets make them white with a sassy voice' bullshit. You are basically saying the only correct type of features that should ever be drawn are white. You want Storm, white bitch with a tan.

You people, yes 'people': uppity white tumblr warriors who think they can speak for me cause I am black and 'don know nuffin bout day net massa', are more of a fucking issue than real racists. Back the fuck off. You do not know what the fuck you are talking about.
>>
>>94026161
Concrete is a magic intergalactic rock alien, I don't think she would have any trouble learning how to read
>>
>>94026008
>turns out that group of humans aren't perfect
>>
>>94025955
shoe collections are stereotypical for rich people too, particularly women.
>>
I still don't get how it's a minstrel trope. I Googled that and it's a blackface thing, if I got the right answer.

How the hell is this drawing blackface?
>>
File: jack.png (50KB, 291x314px) Image search: [Google]
jack.png
50KB, 291x314px
>>94025955
>Its a mid-tier black stereotype.

I don't get why this sticks. There was a lot of stereotypes of women with huge shoe collections back in the 90s. There was a lot of shows that took jab at this too. My mom still collects shoes at an ungodly rate and she's super asian white. So why does this have to be a racist thing when it comes to blacks?
>>
Who was in the wrong here, the person who originally drew Concrete or the one who assigned those character traits to her?
>>
>>94026179
The problem isnt the image, i was saying the biggesy problem is the text WITH the image
Good job not reading what I wrote
>>
>>94026269
Tumblr for making a big show over a doodle.
>>
>>94026269
The ones who are making a mountain out of a molehill.
>>
She has a shoe collection because sidewalks are made of concrete and you walk on them with shoes, and also she's a dumb bitch, just like concrete would be like in real life if it wasn't.
>>
>>94026051
>the person that edited the book or whatever is the one who put it out there and really blew the story up.
It was a small black and white doodle in a sea of black and white doodles. Seems pretty easy to miss.

Mind you, this didn't blow up until a few days after the art book was released and that was because the Concrete image was enlarged.
>>
>>94026113
I think much of the controversy naturally escalated because the ones who thought it was racist were offended by those who were defending the show artists, triggering a sort of "How dare you try and oppress my feelings" kind of reaction.
>>
>>94026179
Notice how no one had trouble with the image itself as it was drawn by a black man. Dude read what i wrote. I said its a caricature description by a white woman, also I never said I disagreed that white tumblr activists overreact and make problems out of nothing, thats got nothin to do with what I made reference to
>>
>>94026245
black women wearing a lighter shade of lipstick makes them blackface, according to some.

to me a racist caricature is more indicative by the way it talks and behaves, which we can derive nothing from the single sketch.
>>
>>94026231
>>94026261
That's why its mid-tier anon. Its something that applies to a bunch of people of different backgrounds, but still can be thrown in a black person's face, mostly dudes.

Only encountered it about once or twice, mostly by school teachers if I recall.
>>
>>94026404
Not that guy but hear me out on this.

What if the white woman (Florido) wrote that description without realizing Concrete resembled a caricature? You think "that's pretty fucking ignorant" but stay with me on this. I've seen people compare Concrete to Betty Boop and other older cartoons (keep in mind the bashful part). And the show Florido works on is filled with characters who have big lips, including white characters like Buck. So keeping that in mind, maybe Florido never saw the connection until it was too late.
>>
>>94025819
Show me exact examples of caricatures being obsessed with shows.

And mind you, "bashful" is the exact opposite of what people stereotype black women as.
>>
This is 4-Chan, for God's sake. We all know how racists really talk and act.
>>
There is nothing racist about not being able to fucking read and having a shoe collection. Nothing at all. Guess what? There are black people who cannot read and love shoes. I spend more money on Jordans than I do my fucking house note. If you only make black characters with no flaws whatsoever then you are doing a disservice to those who watch your programs or reading your books. It does not say she has a fried chicken and watermelon obsession. Why is it wrong to have a black character who cannot read? What is wrong with that. If someone can explain it without saying 'because the character is black' I would be willing to listen, but right now it is just more white people bitching about shit they do not understand. White people cannot read, black people cannot read; Asian people....anyway...if you instantly think that people not being able to read is a stereotype instead of fact than perhaps you are the root cause to a lot of problems in the world when it comes to race relations.
>>
>>94024989
That she liked shoes and couldn't read?

She's a fucking alien rock, why should she need or be able to read?
>>
>>94024563
>Problem with PC
>>>/g/
>>
>>94026678
If Rubies were considered illiterate (and I bet money they are), would people be making a big deal about it?
>>
File: it's just a rock.jpg (98KB, 459x816px) Image search: [Google]
it's just a rock.jpg
98KB, 459x816px
This really is more of the case of the human brain making funny connections. The drawing in itself isn't bad since that sort of big lip stylized drawing is common in SU, but when you add a bunch of other coincidences together (shoe collecting, can't read) we as humans can't help but associate it with something fucked up.

So in the end a correct mixture of small stuff put together create a new big picture that the creators didn't expect, maybe because they're too innocent or we're all just too cynical.
>>
>>94026179
t. white """""skeptic""""
>>
>>94026743
>cause I am black
>>
>>94026768
>t. black """""skeptic""""
happy?
>>
>>94026179
>uppity white tumblr warriors who think they can speak for me cause I am black and 'don know nuffin bout day net massa', are more of a fucking issue than real racists.
This is pretty much how minorities are treated on Tumblr.

They'll defend on the sole basis of you being a minority but if you go against their views, they'll drop you like a sack of cement. Just look at Caitlin Jenner.
>>
>>94026626
>Why is it wrong to have a black character who cannot read?

Because people need an excuse to get outraged for others. Like that stupid shit going with the Starbucks Christmas cups last year.

In a way this is like the stereotype of guys acting like they need to protect women because they believe they are weak and susceptible and can't do anything alone.
>>
>>94024563
SU Criticals are cancer.
>>
>>94026817
Caitlin Jenner is a bad example because the only people who latched on there didn't know who they were jumping on the bandwagon around and they bailed when it finally sank in that it was a really shitty person who was terrible before coming out as trans and was shitty after, and no hormone treatment could wash that stink off.

Honestly you could not have picked a worse example to make your point.
>>
>>94026829
>Voltron Critical
>Samurai Jack Critical
>I think Star Vs Critical is becoming a thing

And just like a real cancer, it spreads quickly and aggressively.
>>
File: Jellyfishguy.png (52KB, 264x344px) Image search: [Google]
Jellyfishguy.png
52KB, 264x344px
>>94026592
I dunno Anon.
>Be black and cool with white gay gamer dude
>Be a friend and join tumblr for him and his re-blogged Zelda Memes and bull shit
>100% typical nerd dude, overwatch lover guy
>See he has a side blog, click on it
>50 pages of him reblogging and commenting on hardcore pictures of white guys fucking black men and random, clothed black guys
>Reblogs of kids with Nazi flags behind them
> latest reblog: "Fuck that monkey nigger knows how to please his white master! I'd fuck his coon hole sore! The only thing niggers are good for!"

Me and my black anus discovered anyone could be racist Anon. Trust no one.
Mostly I'm just confused at the fucker. But yea, fuck him and all that. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>94026159
Well, it's what people want to hear, but as far as wanting to keep their careers intact, it's what they're probably genuinely thinking right now too.
>>
>>94024563
Make fun of black people to call them ugly

why is that bad

WHEN YOU GUYS ARE MAKING A COOL BLACK CHARACTER!

ITS THE SAME THING!
>>
>>94026901
Did you friendzone him afterwards or just cut all ties?
>>
>>94026880
Shit, didn't think that through.

But do you see my point anyways? Tumblr will say they stand minorities and the oppressed but only when their views align with their own. It's pretty scummy.
>>
>>94026718
That rock looks like a vagina.
>>
>>94026901
He probably wanted at your asshole.
>>
File: plebcoms.png (185KB, 574x520px) Image search: [Google]
plebcoms.png
185KB, 574x520px
>>94026821
>>
For fuck's sake, /co/. Why is this a thread?
>>
>>94027050
Plebcomics was too good for this world.
>>
>>94027062
Because the mods haven't deleted it yet.
>>
>>94026899
Theres nothing wrong with critiquing things you like but these people bend over backwards to call everything racist or transphobic or whatever. Its craziness.
>>
>>94025154
>can't read :(
This looks so smug, like they knew exactly what they were doing.
>>
>>94027108
I'd argue that making an entire community centered on criticism isn't healthy either.
>>
>>94027086

Comics *and* cartoons. It fits the board topic and it doesn't have to be removed just because you don't like it.
>>
>>94026976
Tumbr's can say a lot of things. I don't judge you idiots by what /pol/ or /v/ say and I don't judge reddit by what /r/atheism says in their autism fueled nonsense. I follow a lot of tumblr idiots for either art or memes, and they have a lot of quality shit for both of those things lately. The SJW stuff seems to be running dry these days and not as relevant either there or twitter.

Most of tumblr doesn't care for what you're talking about. Most of tumblr just wants to reblog furry porn and art tutorials. The more toxic fandom obsessive groups died out with the onceler blogs two years ago and when homestuck ended.

There are so many anti-sjw blogs on tumblr now by autistic /pol/ kids that it more than balances out the actual problem child sjw blogs that got so obnoxious a few years ago that people like you noticed them.

Who cares what college hipsters and high school "I just discovered politics" kids blog about on tumblr. Even tumblr knows they're toxic little shits and has learned how to dodge them and not give a shit.

What I find laughable are the /pol/ idiots who post here about how terrible tumblr is and call everything they don't like tumblr because they're afraid of something that barely exists and lost most of its popularity and rep two years ago.
>>
>>94026964
Cut ties, man. I'm cool with people having race-play fetishes and all so long as they keep it to their freaky world, but taking delight in images of black babies in toilets strikes me as someone that's legit racist.

And I'm not one of those "Change them through friendship" cunts.

>>94027118
That fucking ":("
>>
>>94027190
>furry porn
Christ, I can't browse without getting a face full of regular porn.
>>
>>94027108
I think this is why I just don't like fandoms (or I guess in this case hatedoms) in general. They're whole existence seems to be to cheerlead the core idea of a product and refuse to critically analyze it as a piece of art. But when they DO complain, it's not to criticize it as it's own thing created by an artist or group of artists, but rather inane things that personally go against what THEY specifically wanted like "Why did they ship X but not Y?" or "How dare they voice a different opinion from me!".
>>
File: 200w_s.gif (19KB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
200w_s.gif
19KB, 200x190px
>>94026901
>>
>>94027118
I want to believe that it was a purposeful racist joke that they all had a little giggle over and thought wouldn't leave the studio, because they're human and maybe don't actually have sticks up their asses about politically incorrect humor 24/7. But they'll never admit that so for all purposes that's just a fantasy.
>>
>>94027220
I know right? tumblr has turned memes into fine are and then actual fine art into porn. That's the majority of that site now. That's why it's so funny to me that people so out of touch with the world outside of 4chan still think tumblr is some kind of sjw haven.

Sorry /pol/ but you can't beat the tumblr sjws because the furries got there first and already took over.
>>
>>94027224
Yep and before you know it things devolve into a witch hunt to the point of driving someone to suicide. Over fucking cartoons no less.
>>
>>94027224
>rather inane things that personally go against what THEY specifically wanted like "Why did they ship X but not Y?" or "How dare they voice a different opinion from me!".

Like GOT currently. They've gone pure vile.
>>
>>94027224
I'm pretty well convinced there's this kind of mentality and age range that tends towards that kind of shit, and they naturally lump together over things, and every since homestuck they've been like an undead toxic vampire fandom that finds some new victim and sucks the life out of it.

Whatever they latch onto they make everyone else hate it because of them, they bring in a bit of new blood as some of their numbers grow out of the nonsense, so it just goes on.

It's all the same kind of idiots and not because of any specific fandom itself. The majority of those fandoms probably shun every one of the toxic idiots, but they still have each other.
>>
File: tenor.gif (287KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
287KB, 320x240px
>>94026976
Wish more people would take this to heart. It is not the views, though it is at times, it is the fact so many white people scream racism without ever having to live or deal with it. Black people do not need the 'great white hope', we had Lincoln already and even that is a bit skewed. If something is racist why do white people think their voice is the only one that matters so they must speak out?

These SJWs think because they have a black friend or were blacked once they can solve and speak for us. It is bullshit. This writing and character was not racist, at all. It was something white slacktivists made racist because they needed to try to be a hero and fix shit.
>>
>>94027148
Absolutely. Discourse/Critique blog culture is notoriously unhealthy.
>>
>>94027540
When you really look into how small of a minority of people got upset by the whole thing, and how much of an impact they don't have, then it's easier to ignore. It's like being upset that flat earthers exist. They're insane but not important because the mental problems that drive them to that kind of belief keep them from ever having influence over anything and they can only find company in other crazies but only the ones that fit their own crazy.
>>
>>94027650
I see your point but it is easier to ignore flat earthers as opposed to those who go on Twitter rampages with trolling, threats and the like until the creator ends up apologizing for doing nothing wrong, or loses money, their job, etc. These idiots cause issues like that all the time (granted extreme idiots on the other side of the fence do as well).
>>
File: bob.jpg (62KB, 650x351px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
62KB, 650x351px
>>94027650
>They're insane but not important because the mental problems that drive them to that kind of belief keep them from ever having influence over anything

Except young minds.
>>
>>94026678
My guess is her liking shoes comes from concrete shoes and being unable to read is her being "thick as concrete".
>>
>>94027771
Nobody in this generation will understand these idioms.
>>
>>94027746
I think the time for that is dying. People started to catch on to how twitter could be abused some years ago, and by now to hard to get anyone to rally to your hashtag, and they're not going to take the hashtag seriously enough to make that the focus itself. People have finally caught on to the lesson they should have learned from kony 2012 but didn't.
>>
File: 1500598507151.jpg (105KB, 472x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500598507151.jpg
105KB, 472x960px
>>94024563
hows this
>>
I'm going to shred the fucking planet and kill an entire supermarket of people. A thousand times over until the black, shiny intestines of Kronos cease in their digestion of this time that does naught but make me scream every night as I lie awake, dreaming of phantoms and charcoal-scented body-burnings. And wo unto thee for being the vessel of my discontent, when I get drunk and FUCK YOUR MOTHER.
>>
>>94028271
It looks like she has a goatee.
>>
>>94024563
So is there porn of this rock bitch or what?
>>
>>94026718
All women collect shoes though.
>>
File: 1494609971914.jpg (13KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494609971914.jpg
13KB, 480x320px
>>94024563
Holy shit, at first the actual picture was joked about sparingly on the art book ripping threads. Now this shit is everywhere now there's a controversy and everyone's apologizing and this picture is being spammed in threads that have no relevance to it whatsoever.

This is fucking exhausting guys. Can we all just move on? This place is supposed to be the anti tumblrest of all places for crying out loud.
>>
>>94028442
>Look up paheal
>There's nothing
This is the real controversy.
>>
>>94028442
No one wants to run the risk of being called racist.
>>
The funny thing is like if she was actually in the show, they could of played it off like
>"Oh it's not that she can't read, it's that she just has a hard time reading!"

Sort of going in the direction that she has a mental illness like dyslexia or some shit, but they can't say it's that outright because she's not a human

like how the gems arn't suppose to be girls, but they totally are

And you KNOW Tumblr would have ate it up
>>
>>94026108
The bitching probably started here at /co/
>>
>>94028714
Just get a voice actress that isn't black.

That'll smooth over any potential implications.
>>
>>94028840
Not really.
I kept up with the whole Concreteversy and most of it was tumblr getting mad.
>>
>>94028854
They would prob just say she's """coded""" black

which would be hilarious since the same people who say it's racist because she can't read would be admitting that not being able to read well is a trait of being black
>>
File: Sketch20423430.png (108KB, 300x900px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch20423430.png
108KB, 300x900px
>>94024563
>>
>>94024563
>it's an offensive cartoon
>yet it's still more cute than that gorilla girl from ghostbusters.
Tbh I would concretely do her.
>>
>>94026718
Do I have a fetish if I saw an ear on the Rock of the left before the dick?
>>
>>94024563
Wasn't Garnet originally a very reddish shade of brown?

>>94024882
The white people that do that sometimes wind up being secretly racist to black people. Not as racist as say, someone on the far right can be, but it's still racist. I should know, I was called a weaponized minority multiple times.
>>
>>94025154
Wait, having a shoe collection is a racist stereotype?
>>
>>94024882
As a fellow black guy, I agree. It's really dumb to see all these SJWs lose their minds over something so small
>>
>>94024875
Fake Nigga? Still Nigga. Invest in real estate and wealth that appreciates in value even though you might think it's crap. That's how the Jews did it. Credit
>>
>>94026626
>I spend more money on Jordans than I do my fucking house note.

Kill yourself
>>
>>94031909
No. I also enjoy watermelon, date thicc white women and play ball on the weekend at the park. Come on. Try harder /pol/.
>>
>>94024563
The problem with PC is that people who hate the concept go out of their way to find "flaws" in any bit of it they see, which often entails ignoring obvious facts. For example, they love to accuse people of hypocrisy by pretending that two different things are exactly the same, when there are large, obvious differences between them.
>>
>>94029636
Were you using your race a an argument-ending trump card while accusing anyone who disagrees with you of being white (and therefore undeserving of a voice) when they did it?
>>
>>94032140
You are a dick. Keep hiding behind being anon though. Triggered by an alt-right comment. Fucking child.
>>
I'm black and I think the picture definitely calls to mind the image of ye olde minstrel shows and blackface.

I'm not gonna throw a fit about but I'm not going to defend it either. Not sure why it's so hard for other Negroes to take a middle ground on this type of stuff. It's either we have to start rioting or either go full respectability politics.

>>94026626
t. negro who doesn't know his own history

Do some research on how black people used to be portrayed in cartoons and comics, anon. That stuff needs to stay in the past where it belongs.
>>
>>94026592
eh not really, and the old ideas of 4chan changed long ago ever since oldfags and actual hackers left. What are left are people too far up their own shitposts to understand the basic basic idea behind racist humor and why for the most part YOU WERE NEVER SUPPOSED TO SHARE YOUR POWER LEVEL.
Ironic shitposting is and always has been shitposting, its the douches who start internalizing it that ruin shit.
>>
>>94026817
>This is pretty much how minorities are treated on Tumblr.
That's pretty much how it works everywhere, even here on 4chan. Where going against the grain gets you labeled nigger or a 'white' tumblerite, because it was only white people who were offended by concrete.
>>
>>94024563
Nobody would've had a problem with concrete if they hadn't specified that she can't read.
>>
>>94029012
Which is weird since Padparadscha is technically 'coded black' since she's a Sapphire, and voiced by a black woman and she's literally retarded. People seem to love her.
>>
>>94024757
>minstrel

Doesn't look like a medieval bard to me.
>>
>>94026231
>>94026261
I've never seen high heel shoes being sold at a pawn shop.
I've seen shelves of basketball shoes like
>>94025955
Sold for $60-120+ at pawn shops.
>>
File: capture.png (85KB, 361x289px) Image search: [Google]
capture.png
85KB, 361x289px
>>94026829
Proto-su critical is what drove that one girl to almost kill herself over fan art. I can only imagine what current su critical has done.
>>
>>94024563
>give half the Gems african features
>get upset when SOME of them have negative traits

Tumblr everyone; damned if you do, damned if you dont
>>
>>94032836
That's a lie and you know it. The fanart was just one of many excuses that the bullies, who had been bullying her for months both on the internet and in person, had used to attack her, because bullies always like getting new convenient excuses. The only reason that people push the "IT'S THE SHOW'S FAULT!" narrative is because they want to bully Steven Universe fans and/or people who disagree with them politically, and it's a convenient excuse; that's why they never use it as an anti-bullying point, only an anti-cartoon or anti-opinion point.
>>
>>94032057
>Buying shitty clunky Chinese shoes
>>
>>94032880
Hmm... these people react to two similar situations in different ways. Why might this be the case?

Rational conclusion:
There's probably some other factor for why some characters' flaws are considered objectionable and others' aren't. Maybe it's because that character is highly similar to an exaggerated negative stereotype of her race, whereas the others are not. Yeah, that would explain it.

Your conclusion:
>They criticize BOTH of the only two options! HYPOCRITE! HYPOCRITE! HYPOCRITE! They have no standards and hate everyone all the time for no reason! Except for the times they don't hate people, but those don't count! They're monsters and liars who are faking all their morals because they're evil!

This raises more questions than it answers.
>>
>>94032998
Why're you so defensive about tumbler?
>>
>>94032921
t. SUfag
>>
>>94024563
Wasn't this just a gag drawing they threw in for fun?
>>
>>94024563
If I we're a betting man I'd put down money on someone mentioning this at the panel tomorrow.
>>
>>94026108
>thread here has over 150 answers
Oh 4Chan never stop being arrogant and hypocrite
>>
>>94026261
It's a different sort of stereotype, you're talking about the stereotype of rich white or asian women being obsessed with designer high heel shoes, the black stereotype is of the 'sneakerhead' obsessed with brand-name running or basketball shoes.
>>
>>94024563
>Problem with PC
>>>/g/
>>
>>94024563
She created a very black coded character who's illiterate. If you didn't understand that the moment you read the description, you're probably retarded.
>>
File: 134567887658900000.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
134567887658900000.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>94026901
Man, that's gotta suck, I'd feel incredibly betrayed if I were in your shoes. It's a shame we never can truly know a person.
>>
>>94027190
>and I don't judge reddit by what /r/atheism says in their autism fueled nonsense

you should judge reddit for /r/incel though
>>
>>94032209
Every ground is the middle ground. No matter where a person stands on whatever issue, there's almost always one extreme to the left and another extreme to the right. A lot of people tend to be oddly smug about being the reasonable underdog between two groups of evil extremists, but there are a lot of times when one or both of those extremes are closer to reasonable than whatever they're saying.
>>
>>94026901
Racist talk for sure, but then again, he clearly has a fetish or preference for black guys and wants to fuck them/get fucked hard, and that sounds like some typical over the top horny talk. I fantasize about black guys too, and even though I despise the word ''nigger'' and racism overall, in a moment of climax I could easily imagine myself thinking things in the same vein as him, just with less slurs.

What comes to the Nazi flag, well, can't really defend that. Talk to him, maybe he has a good explanation or an excuse.
>>
>>94033793
>Talk to him, maybe he has a good explanation or an excuse

Anon, when you combine both the Nazi flag and use of "Fuck that monkey nigger knows how to please his white master! I'd fuck his coon hole sore! The only thing niggers are good for" together as well as shit like what >>94027192 described, then it's a fair assumption to write that person off as a racist.
>>
>>94033966
>Everything someone writes on the internet is 100% serious
>>
File: leo.jpg (31KB, 237x239px) Image search: [Google]
leo.jpg
31KB, 237x239px
>>94033966
Yeah, I know, I just think racists always come up with funny explanations for their racism, and especially when this is apparently also a gay sex thing. Adds a little spice in the mix.
>>
>>94027756
And governments
>>
>>94024882
i think i'm okey with you
based anon
>>
She looks too human, other than that I dont what the big deal is.
>>
>>94034045
*reblogs on a personal tumblr with shit that they fap to

You can't just "hurr they're trolling" to excuse away literally all instances of someone saying nigger and glorifying Nazi flags. Call a spade a spade.
>>
>>94025068
>@
>>
>>94034513
I'm not talking about trolling, and doesn't that mean that they themself didn't say that? I don't know how reblogging works.

I mean jesus christ, just because someone laughs at a funny 9/11 joke on the internet doesn't make them a part of al qaeda in the real world.
>>
>>94025620
> moving the goalposts instantly
>>
>>94026201
Real talk, have we ever seen the Gems do any reading?
>>
>>94025620
IF that's the case, then I'm even more understanding towards this whole thing. I mean, if the person wrote description from what she saw, I can see where she came from.
Her shoes caught my attention too --> shoe collection
Her other arm is weirdly a little smaller than the other, whether it's by ''mistake'' or not --> maybe she's not as tough as she seems
She looks shy, confused, maybe due to a major flaw --> maybe she can't understand something --> can't read

I dunno. There's my two cents.
>>
>>94034548
Laughing at a 9/11 joke isn't exactly equivocal to posting numerous racist things and saying "fuck that monkey nigger knows how to please his white master! I'd fuck his coon hole sore! The only thing niggers are good for!" while jerking off to that. At the very least, the dude anon is talking about seems like a creep (who probably fetishizes him) and is probably not worth knowing.
>>
So, I hope that everyone recognizes that the second, edited version is inferior to the original, and holds the motherfucker responsible for the decision to task? Perhaps insisting on calling it the censored version.

>>94034675
I would judge someone more by how they behave than what they read. Anon can of course disagree.

>>94026901
This dude specifically sounds like some sort of race play fetishist weirdo. Just as you wouldn't confuse a BDSM fetishist with a psychopath or slaver, homeslice here shouldn't be confused with some red suspender neo nazi romper stomper. It's probably a different thing. Even if you think he's a massive racist.
>>
File: 1358460249899.png (50KB, 178x282px) Image search: [Google]
1358460249899.png
50KB, 178x282px
>people keep calling concrete a mammy stereotype
>garnet is literally a blaxploitation cliche
>>
>>94024563
Concrete is blacker and closer to a racist caricature and has a special note about not being able to read.

I'm not offended, but I can see why some people might not like it.
>>
>>94034772
To be fair, in the actual show she'd probably have grey skin.
>>
Tumblrinas will always look at the excuse to throw someone under the bus and make le epic SJW shitstorm.

This is why you never pander to those fucks ever. They will be here forever and will haunt you looking for the smallest thing to be offended at.
>>
>>94026901
this sounds like bullshit. I bet it's actually your fantasy.
>>
>>94024563
>characters who look black are good until we realize they look black
>then they are bad

Also I don't think concrete is a kind of gem

>>94034797
>liberal girls aged 13-31 on the internet are horribly catty

u don't say. Also given that tumblr has a lot of older lesbians I wonder if there've been any cases of late-20s lesbos grooming middle schooler "lesbos".
>>
File: 0.jpg (32KB, 298x409px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
32KB, 298x409px
>>94025076
>so what was the controversy again?
An obvioulsy face-painting-lookinglike character who can not read.

What is even the point the OP pic is trying to carry, there?

>>94024882
>>94025760
It's an obvious black face big white lips caricature used to derogate blacks.
>>
>>94030931
It's not. it's the can not read who is.
>>
>>94034853
No it fucking isn't, it was never at any point meant to be that.

You just assume dark skin = black and associate illiteracy with black people, then project the whole blackface/stereotype bullshit onto it for the sake of being upset.
>>
>>94034894
>No it fucking isn't, it was never at any point meant to be that.
What it's mean and what it look like isn't the same thing. And it actually look like it.

>You just assume dark skin = black
I precisely mentioned the white lipstick.

>then project the whole blackface/stereotype bullshit onto it for the sake of being upset.
I am not really upset, but I udnesratnad why there are peopel who are.

Like I said, it obviously look like the classic racist caricatures (black face AND white/Red big lip) and add to that classic caricature a common racist trope of illiteracy.

I am not even blaming the crewniverse of anything, this is a forgiveable faux-pas and they removed it anyway. No reason to be upset.
>>
Its just white middleclass chicks trying to show off how not racist they are by calling other pepple racist.
You shoulnt expect anything less from the people who harassed a person to attempt suicide for not drawing a character obese.
>>
File: 0.jpg (58KB, 532x800px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
58KB, 532x800px
>>94026037
>He was probably thinking lipstick but didn't have a colored pencil handy.
Coloring them red wouldn't have helped.
>>
>>94034770
>>garnet is literally a blaxploitation cliche
She isn't really. Not to the same level concrete is, at the very least. she has what, an cubic Afro, what else is blackspoitation about her? Not to mention that Blaxploitation ten to be considered far less racists. At the very least, those were movies where Black actors could actually play the lead.
>>
>>94034927
You can't deny it's called for, in this case.
>>
>>94034976
I can and do deny it. It's even more riddiculous than the shit they threw at Mr Popo.

This blowup over the barest fragment of an unused concept is exactly the kind of hypersensitive overreaction that lays a royal road to boring, predictable stereotypial characters that are completely washed out, usable more for a prop to signal virtue, than anything that suits the narrative of the story.

The people who are demanding the characters removal are simply practicing blatant racial bigotry with extra steps.
>>
>>94025154
>>94024563
I think concrete is cute and I want her to be in the show
>>
>>94034946
a cute
>>
File: 1386672904370.png (489KB, 916x768px) Image search: [Google]
1386672904370.png
489KB, 916x768px
>>94034966
>physically strong and curvy, has a giant afro, spouts out zingers and sass while still being one cool sugar mama, uses big weapons to contrast her feminine frame and sugar has even admitted there's some bdsm dominatrix in her design

m8, she's literally just a blaxploitation character through the eyes of a thirsty jewish girl. She's a pair of disco shoes away from being the real deal.
>>
>>94035200
> garnet in disco shoes
i wish
>>
>>94024563
Yeah, anon, the problem with PCs is that they always get dusty on the inside, and you need to clean them up or else they'll fuck up in the middle of a friendly chat or when you're making your school homework or something.

Geez, freaking PCs. And don't get me started with laptops alright.
>>
>>94027118
>>94025154
That "CAN'T READ :(" is one of the god damn funniest things I've seen all week.
>>
>>94025960

Is funny though how mister popo despite being jet black, lacks the protruding jaw and big wide nose black men irl have. He does not even has a nose.
>>
File: 3cc.jpg (61KB, 600x1349px) Image search: [Google]
3cc.jpg
61KB, 600x1349px
>>94036504
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.