[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some suggestions featuring Harley Quinn, The Joker and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

I need some suggestions featuring Harley Quinn, The Joker and Batman for a 12 year-old's birthday. None of her 'friends' are coming to her party and I feel bad since she doesn't really have friends to begin with.

I'm pretty her interest in them comes from Suicide Squad but I'm sure she'd appreciate others. I don't know much about Marvel or DC myself and I don't think her mother would appreciate anything too graphic. Clothes, figures, comics a 12 year-old girl would like. She also likes horror, assuming since she had me draw some Friday Night's At Freddy things for her.
>>
Mad Love. That's it.
>>
I should also specify that specifically what I am actually asking is what do you think are the 'better' comics featuring them? And if not related to them at all, some comics that she may be interested in.
>>
>>94024182
Harley Quinn:

Harley Quinn by Karl Kesel and Terry Dodson, it is collected in trades, and recently got the first 12 issues collected in Book One, get her that it's a MUST

Batman: Harley & Ivy

Batman Adventures: Mad Love. Must rread

Gotham City Sirens

Basically whatver that makes her stay away of Joker/Harley and walk towards Harley/Ivy
>>
>>94024250
>giving a comic where the joker tries to kill harley to a child
Hmm... do it, OP
>>
>>94024182
Get Jimmy Palmiotti's Harley Quinn. /co/ hated it but the kid will probably like it (most women do)
>>
>>94024250
>>94024252
Thank you.

>>94024301
I mean, I'll take the risk. If she was allowed to watch Suicide Squad and Deadpool it shouldn't be a problem and while I am good friends with her parents I try to step lightly as they are conspiracy theorists. If any of these feature vaccines or global warming I will never hear the end of i so I just prefer to stay on the safer side.
>>
>>94024301
Not like he didn't try in the cartoon.
>>
>>94024410
Jesus, no. Don't listen to this anon OP
>>
File: saga.jpg (31KB, 250x385px) Image search: [Google]
saga.jpg
31KB, 250x385px
Also girls like this, right? Any time I've been in the comic shop I've seen girls reading it. I'm sure she would like anything /co/ would consider tumblr-tier as well.
I have some issues of Autumnlands and The Watchmen I'm throwing her way since they've just been sitting on my shelf. I'd give her my old Pride of Baghdad but her dad is a retired vet and would probably shoot me.

>>94024451
Why?
>>
>>94024451
You are not a girl, anon.
There's a reason that Palmiotti's Harley Quinn constantly sells. It's popular. People like it's wacky, crude, and lolrandom humor.
>>
File: Harley Sales.jpg (89KB, 599x914px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Sales.jpg
89KB, 599x914px
>>94024571
Because its the shitties Harley's is in right now, it'd be like recommending Winnick Red Hood, or Earth 2: World's End, it's just shit

>>94024586
It ain't selling. Sales are constantly dropping, see pic
>>
>>94024641
It's literally selling than most books. Including Ms Marvel and Gwenpool.
>>
>>94024641
I believe you. As far as I know, she never liked these things before Suicide Squad and she's turning 12 and that Harley looks like SS Harley. She likes Undertale and Minions. She doesn't know what good is yet so I'd like to get her not only what she likes but also try to veer her into the direction of better comics.
>>
>>94024755
>Including Ms Marvel and Gwenpool.

Wooow, what a accomplishment!.

Pro-Tip: Only /co/ likes Gwenpool, outside of this board nobody gives a shit about the character

>>94024785
Buy her Karl Kesel Harley Quinn, that's like Palmiotti but better, there's good stories there, the humor is top notch and the characters are actually characters.
>>
File: lil gotham.jpg (869KB, 826x1079px) Image search: [Google]
lil gotham.jpg
869KB, 826x1079px
>>94024182
Why not just show her Lil Gotham ?
It's cute, it's harmless, it's got plenty of entertaining moments for kids and older readers alike, and Harley has plenty of appearences on it.

Lil Gotham has something for everyone. I'm sure a 12 year old kid is going to like it
>>
File: Tomboy-01-1-83524.jpg (216KB, 689x1045px) Image search: [Google]
Tomboy-01-1-83524.jpg
216KB, 689x1045px
>>94024892
>Lil Gotham
Added to my list, thanks. She also has two younger sisters, younger brother and I think they adopted two more kids. I know the little brother likes comics as well so that's something they can all enjoy.

I'm thinking about getting her Mouse Guard, Jem and the Holograms, Anya’s Ghost, Tomboy and Gwenpool as well. Possibly Persepolis but that might a little too heated. I'd give her my Blacksads but there's too much tits in them.
>>
I'm off to work but last bump. Thanks for all the suggestions.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.