[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Son of Batman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Wondering what everyone thinks, here's where I'm at: The voice acting was terrible. Slade had a Hulk Hogan stache. Talia is a fucking mongoloid and shouldn't be in charge of anything. Speaking of Talia I think if she died it would have added more to the plot, giving Bruce and Damian more common ground and allowing Damian and Bruce to reinvigorate and mold the league into what it should be. My biggest issue with Damian is that he was so dominant he was never in any danger which got on my nerves. Bruce never broke Bat voice, which was annoying and the lipsync was atrocious. Why were the Man-Bats at the bottom of the base? What was slade covered in at the end? I mean we're clearly supposed to assume acid but where'd that come from?
But as far as an origin story it was good. The fight scenes where entertaining and there was a lesson learnt.
Thoughts?
>>
>>94023979
Most of the DC animated movies are pretty meh. Only one I remember liking a lot was Batman vs Robin.
>>
I love comics Damian but these movies make me understand why the more casual audience fucking hates him.
I hated Deathstroke being some kind of rival to Damian too, it's fucking dumb. All these movies are pretty garbage but they have some enjoyable bits to them.
>>
>>94024230
I'm a casual when it comes to him and I hate him. What are some of his good comics?
>>
>>94024230
It was weird seeing Deathstroke is the Judas contract movie after seeing this. They were basically two different characters yet they still referenced Son of Batman.
>>
>>94024230
Yeah, some very enjoyable bits. The last fight with Deathstroke was actually pretty thrilling, but the camera kept going to Bruce and talia and really took away from it. Besides that it's meh.
>>
File: Batman And Robin #10 015.jpg (763KB, 1280x1982px) Image search: [Google]
Batman And Robin #10 015.jpg
763KB, 1280x1982px
>>94024330
Batman & Robin by Morrison is a must read, easily but I'd suggest reading Morrison's Batman & Son and Batman RIP before that since it's all one big story that is concluded in Batman Inc Vol 1 & 2 with Tomasi's Batman & Robin series acting as a companion of sorts to Batman Inc. I know it may sound like an overwhelming amount to read but fuck is it great
But I wouldn't point to any one specific comic and say it's a great Damian comic though.

So when Damian was introduced in Batman & Son in 2005ish he was just about as shitty and bratty as he is in these movies.
The difference is that is once "Batman RIP" got rolling and Bruce died for a bit, Damian had a shit ton of character growth.

Being Dick Grayson's Robin/brother/foster kid really humanized him. He was this little shit that had been trained since birth to just be Batman with no kind of human compassion that eventually grows into a sympathetic kid that actually cared about being accepted into the Bat family.

the last panel in pic related and the next page might be my favorite Damian scene that shows a bit of what I'm talking about
>>
File: Batman And Robin #10 016.jpg (571KB, 1280x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Batman And Robin #10 016.jpg
571KB, 1280x1969px
>>94024895
I don't story time but one time I did all of Batman & Robin just because someone mentioned they hadn't read it before. It's such a fun read
>>
>>94024940
>>94024895
Another interesting note that people might mention:
The New 52 version of the Batman and Robin book switched from Dick & Damian to Bruce an Damian.
A lot of people bitched about Tomasi regressing Damian to being bratty and obnoxious again, but the thing is all the character growth he got was because of how close he got to Dick Grayson.
When Bruce comes back, he doesn't know Damian has changed and sort of keeps him on a short leash because he's not sure if he can trust Damian yet.
>>
When are we getting another Jason movie.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.