[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do people cope with ongoing webcomics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1438655415-chaptercover.png (1MB, 800x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1438655415-chaptercover.png
1MB, 800x1227px
>Learn about new webcomic (thats not a gag strip)
>Read available chapters
>See update schedule is 2 pages a week or so

I dont understand how people do it

I only really get the most out of complete chapters and by the time bit-by-bit updates add up to something substantial I lose track/interest in some solid series

I understand that webcomics are often uploaded that way to keep reader's attention but christ I'd take monthly chapters over this shit

Do you personally have issues maintaining interest in webcomics because of the upload style or do you like it?
>>
I don't really understand what the problem is. If you don't like reading the pages as soon as they're finished (which really only serious fans do), just wait a month and catch up.

Print comics are already like that, even.

No offense but when you say you have trouble maintaining interest... that's kind of the exact reason comics are such a small industry. When you're used to having instant access to so much entertainment, it doesn't feel worth waiting for things to come out. Comics take a long time to make.
>>
>>94021747
You're definitely right

That said I think a site in the vein of one of those manga aggregators would help in keeping people posted on all of the various comics on the internet and their substantial, chapter updates (linking to the website, of course)
>>
>>94021214
I like forgetting about them for months at a time, then going back and reading the new pages, or even re-reading the old ones if it's been a long time. I find that harder on comics /co/ likes though, because I don't have the willpower to resist reading update threads. I feel like it hurts me in some cases, the main example being Paranatural. Paranatural has horrible pacing, yes, but I feel like I wouldn't notice it as much if I read it in chunks instead of keeping up to date. But again, I lack the self control to not read threads for it on /co/.
>>
>>94021214
I have some pretty slow days at work and keeping a roster of webcomics bookmarked (or at this point memorized) gives me something to check on my phone.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.