[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Fantasia2000_Poster.jpg (29KB, 220x327px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Fantasia2000_Poster.jpg
29KB, 220x327px
What went wrong?
>>
>>94020622
It being kind more of an art piece than telling a coherent story
>>
Too short, noone cares about classical music like they would back in the 40s.

Was still good though.
>>
File: green waifu.jpg (60KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
green waifu.jpg
60KB, 1000x563px
What's /co/'s opinion about her?
>>
>>94021068
Glad she survived. Fuck the firebird
>>
>>94020622
It faced many of the same problems that basically all of the post-renaissance films did. That is to say, it is somewhat poorly constructed and forgettable. That being said, if this film was made 10-ish years earlier, I'm not entirely convinced that it would've been a whole lot better. The original Fantasia of course was birthed from a collection of Silly Symphony shorts getting a larger budget, and then eventually ended up being compiled into a single feature film. This was during the height of Disney's short films, when they were hitting all the big successes and major innovations. I'm sure nobody thinks of the classic shorts when they hear 1990's Disney. Generations had passed by then, we're talking about pre-ww2 era with a lot of this stuff. They had to do something new with modern material and writing, and that's probably the reason why most of content here comes off as being very new-age and weird. It's been a while since I've seen the thing, so I won't be able to talk much about the individual films in depth.

>>94020653
That isn't a justifiable reason. The original wasn't a singular coherent story either.

>>94020654
The whole thing isn't that short. 80 minutes-ish is about average for feature films. Would extended length really necessarily be an improvement, anyway? It's not the music that's the problem, either. The selection of pieces was good. The conducting was good. The music/sound is there to enhance the picture, which has always been the point of the early short films (and to extent, most of the feature films since most of them are musicals or use scores). The problem is the shorts, not the music.
>>
>>94021068
I think we all agree that it was the best part overall.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.