[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will we ever see them again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: SU-84_rugularcover_raw.jpg (153KB, 600x910px) Image search: [Google]
SU-84_rugularcover_raw.jpg
153KB, 600x910px
Will we ever see them again?
>>
>>94019714
>western anything

Probably not. SEGA's more racist than even Nintendo.
>>
>>94019714
If they're not in the games, they're probably dead for good.
>>
Not unless SEGA somehow retains rights of the Archie OCs; after these two lawsuit snafus who knows what the precedent is anymore; if they actually care to use them and finally if they actually decide to have a Sonic comic anymore
>>
>>94019714

No.
>>
>>94019714
Nope. From now on, it'll be absolutely nothing but Sonic vs Eggman, because who needs variety? People just want to see the exact same thing over and over with no variation whatsoever, right?
>>
In fan games yes, definitely.
>>
File: Keyholevagina.jpg (20KB, 243x325px) Image search: [Google]
Keyholevagina.jpg
20KB, 243x325px
>>94019973
But why put in good characters when you can have your own OC now?
>>
>>94019951
This. Sega would rather shoot themselves in the foot and let sales drop instead of putting the American oc's in the games and let the animated series & Archie fans boost their game sales.
>>
File: Variety.gif (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Variety.gif
121KB, 500x500px
>>94019951
Did somebody say the v-word? I heard the v-word.
>>
>>94020011
>Egg Bosses in the games
Anon, don't make me imagine things I want but can't have. That's just cruel.

Like, as much as people bitch about OCs, they don't seem to realize that having a static cast of characters tends to get dull pretty quickly. Even Boom has other characters besides the core cast, because you can only do so many stories without new elements.

That's why the comics had other villains besides Eggman, and that's why the Egg Bosses were a great concept. They allowed for a variety of villains, while keeping Eggman as the source of conflict. Goddamn, I already miss them.
>>
File: Deadly_six.png (534KB, 964x608px) Image search: [Google]
Deadly_six.png
534KB, 964x608px
>>94020372
Don't worry, superior villains straight out of the bowels Sonic TeamĀ© will make you forget all about that western crap
>>
>>94020453
The Deadly Six were so painfully generic. They could've been cool if they had anything else to them. Such a waste of potential.
>>
>>94019951
>>94020151
>nothing but Sonic vs Eggman

He meant to say "Nothing but Sonic vs Eggman in Green Hill Zone" Because that's what Sega thinks when they hear fans just want nostalgia. Just the same first level over and over and over and over again.
>>
>>94019714
When will SEGA realize Eggman needs minions to bounce off of? Orbot and Cubot are good, but they alone are getting stale.
>>
>>94019951
You joke but this is pretty much what /sthg/ said they want from a future Sonic Comic
>>
>>94021256
>Starlight Zone remake never
>Springyard Zone remake never

They took the worst stage and redid it over and over. I don't get it, it's not like Mario has 1-1 in every game.
>>
>>94021701
Do I even have to point out that Mania is bringing in HORDES of newfags who denounce everything between &K and Generations because youtube told them to?
>>
File: 1447608193688.jpg (104KB, 686x457px) Image search: [Google]
1447608193688.jpg
104KB, 686x457px
>>94020011
>>94019951
>>94020372
You fuckers are delusional. The comics have NEVER been a big part of Sonic. It was there, but it wasn't THERE. Even at its lowest, the game series has always outsold the comics tenfold. The only thing that made the comics stand out is that the stories for the 3D games went to shit after Adventure 2, so not-so-shit looked better compared to actual shit.

There are plenty of game characters to use, but you idiots who've never played them wouldn't know that. The one thing Sonic needs is a good game, not a good story or cast.
>>
>>94022059
The comic is the most successful video game comic of all time. In the realms of video games, no Sonic even hits the top 100.
>>
>>94022240
And compared to the video games, it's insignificant. Sonic still sells, even at its low point. It's a big brand, even compared to other video game series. No matter how you try to downplay the games' sales, it's still a big IP.
>>
>>94022547
It makes money for all the wrong reasons, brand recognition, nostalgia and marketing instead of quality. Why are you arguing against people for liking the most successful video game comic of all time in the first place?
>>
>>94019714
Nope, once Sega starts up the comic again with a new publisher, it's going to be a complete reboot with only game characters so Battle Kukku has a shot of coming back.

Sega doesn't want to deal with this the rights shitshow that are comic OCs.
>>
>>94022638
>It makes money for all the wrong reasons
This is your argument? Colors, Unleashed, Generations, Lost World all sold for the wrong reasons? They're not perfect, but at least they're playable. You Archiefags reached a new low with that statement.
>Why are you arguing against people for liking the most successful video game comic of all time in the first place?
Because you idiots think that not using them in the games makes the games worse or using them in the games will make the games better. SEGA has never cared about the comic, not once. Mania is getting recognition because of nostalgia and not because of the people behind it knowing their shit when it comes to Sonic? Okay. Even Forces will likely be playable, and look at all the game characters coming together. The games don't need the comic characters, period.
>>
File: IMG_3436.png (294KB, 1024x562px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3436.png
294KB, 1024x562px
>>94019951
>What a swell adventure! I sure hope there's more next year.

>Just think of all the hundreds more stories to be told using the same eight characters and four locations! The possibilities are limitless!
>>
>>94022059
Penders thinks otherwise. Says Sega could make Sonic bigger than it should. How can they? By making it so convouluted with his junk that it wouldn't be about Sonic? That's what his vision was. Besides, there be much more news on Saturday with Ian

Someone pointed to Penders about a movie, apps, games, tv shows, and the works.

Penders told him you don't know what you are talking about.

I think Penders wanted a show to last like the Simpsons and have some kind... like Mickey Mouse. That explains why a while ago he talked making Lara-su in the next big thing and with a theme park to boot.
>>
>>94022903
Penders really is mentally ill, isn't he? I mean, not being insulting, he's just clearly not right in the head to the point of delusion.
>>
File: 9a5.png (2MB, 3688x3116px) Image search: [Google]
9a5.png
2MB, 3688x3116px
On the plus side, we'll never be forced to see them killed and replaced by Eggman.
>>
>>94023907
Axel should be at least B rank. And Maw could be S. He's not a fangirl like TB but he seemed to genuinely love working for Eggman.
>>
>>94024053
His loyalty isn't undying, if Eggman goes down he'd just go underground or something.

Not sure about Axel, he seems to dislike Eggman quite a bit. If it weren't for his men he'd just kill him.
>>
>>94024205
Axel hated Eggman and joined him out of fear, but he was loyal. He considered Eggman a part of his crew, which meant standing by him till the end. He even saved his life once.
>>
>>94024323
Great point, Axel should be moved up.
>>
>>94019714
For the love of whats left of my sanity, I hope not.
>>
>>94023907
I think Wendy will be in S tier since she's got a fever only a Doc could cure.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.