[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>nelsons grandpa is a judge >but they still live in poverty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 231123.png (469KB, 725x515px) Image search: [Google]
231123.png
469KB, 725x515px
>nelsons grandpa is a judge
>but they still live in poverty
>>
>Homer supports a family of four, two pets, and occasionally his father, off of a job he got out of high school
>>
>>94017875
Does Nelson live with this grandfather? I can't remember.

My grandfather is rich as fuck and hasnt done a damn thing to help his grandkids (or his own kids, for that matter.)
>>
>>94019824
He lives with his stripper mother.

His father went to the store and never came back (except in an episode which has been pretty much ignored, unless he abandoned the family again off-screen).
>>
>>94017935
That's basically the case of all of my uncles and aunts on my mother's side, they've all retired now after spending their entire career doing the same job (entry level mental helth care jobs), all bought houses, had multiple kids (and now grandkids), pets, vacations, cars, fishing boats, RVs. Boomers had it pretty good.
>>
>>94017935
Yeah that job is safety inspector at a nuclear plant. That job starts at around 180k a year. So yeah, Homer doesn't have money problems.
>>
>>94020114
Marge said in one episode that they'd never had a savings account before.
>>
>>94019824
t. griffin
>>
>>94020184
Their savings jar made appearances early and often though.
>>
>>94020114
Doesn't Homer earn a four figure salary? Like $5,000 a year or something ridiculous?
>>
>>94017935
Didn't Homer start off as just a forklift operator at the plant in the early seasons?

Then he got fired, was going to kill himself, realized "there should be a stop sign there", became a champion of public safety, then got re-hired by Burns as safety inspector to quell the public unrest about how unsafe the plant is?
>>
>>94020343
I don't think he was a forklift operator, he was a general technician. Mr Burns liked his attitude so he gave him a job that he was dangerously underqualified for
>>
File: 1486781323965.jpg (17KB, 200x314px) Image search: [Google]
1486781323965.jpg
17KB, 200x314px
>>94020317
>5,000 a year is ridiculous
>>
Homer drank a $60,000 bottle of wine and said he was drinking his salary in one episode.

It's not consistent though. I think he got a $360 paycheck in a different episode.
>>
>>94017935
Abe inherited that money from his dead girlfriend
>>
>>94017875
Baby boomers are the last and only to have life on easy mode for jobs and money.
>>
>>94020514
Are you saying it isn't?
>>
Is there any modern animated show that portrays a realistic lower middle class family? And don't say Bob's Burgers because they magically always have money when they need it
>>
>>94020455
Nope, Burns re-hired him specifically to quell the anger he rallied the citizens into after he was fired and went on his safety crusade.

It's been over a decade since I last saw the episode, but I still clearly remember the events of Homer's Odyssey.
>>
>>94020662
Yeah I know that, I'm talking about his original job. He quit his dream job at the bowling alley when he found out Marge was pregnant with Maggie and forcefully begged Burns to hire him back at the plant. Burns liked his strong yet spineless pitch so he gave him back his technician job in sector 7-G. No forklifts involved.
>>
>>94020732
That's a much later episode and The Simpsons has a lot of negative continuity.

In that episode Homer had his job of safety inspector before Maggie was born, but Maggie was already in the show in the original episode where he got the job in the first place.

The things I remember from that episode are the calendar gag with "in debt, still in debt, almost out of debt, NOT IN DEBT", Homer using Burns' head like a drum after quitting and on his way out, and how Burns had a cat door like opening for employees who had quit and come back so they had to literally come crawling back, and it also covers them in soot.
>>
>>94017935
The house is shit, and Grampa sold his house to help pay for it. And Marge apparently feeds the family on $12 a week.

>>94019824
>>94019855
I wonder if Nelson's grandpa manipulates the court system to keep Nelson with his mom, believing that staying with her would be best. He doesn't want to break the family up further, even if it would mean putting Nelson in a better home.

>>94020656
But they're always struggling and trying to lowball the rent. One episode had Bob prostitute his time to Fishoeder to get a month of free rent.

The problem here is that they have lucky breaks: Teddy does whatever he wants for them, and Fishoeder is a rich plot device. It allows for great stories, but nothing realistic.
>>
>>94020656
F is for Family
>>
>>94020656
I can't think of a good animated show but Malcolm in the Middle was pretty good about showing how poor the household was

>>94020931
how is this show, anonfriend? Good or doubleplus ungood?
>>
File: 1500177363112.jpg (37KB, 503x443px) Image search: [Google]
1500177363112.jpg
37KB, 503x443px
>>94017935
That used to be America anon.
>>
>>94017935
>Marges sisters always rags on him of his low end job.

But last time I checked, being a safety inspector earns more then those two combined.

I always hated the twins.
>>
>>94020957

Not that anon but F is for Family is pretty good, binged it like 2 weeks ago.
>>
>>94017875
Similar this for Family Guy(Carter is a Millionaire) and for the comics with Donald Duck
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.