[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Better Origin?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Uv616.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Uv616.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
616:
>gypsy
>mom does witch shit
>dies
>baron gets mad
>dad dies
>leave for US
>be a dick and lose my scholarship
>return back to Latveria
>start a revolution
>become King

Ultimate:
>wealthy family over at Belgium
>descendant of Dracula
>true Eastern-European Manliness
>develop a quasi-friendship with Richards
>do some shit
>experiment blows up
>get goat legs
>mfw
>set up "muh keep"
>eventually, somehow, take over Latveria
>be King

You know, people shit on Ultimate Origin a bit too much. It had some very nifty ideas. For one, this Vic was a jerk, but he had both a reason, and did eventually mellow out. He did hang out with Reed, and he did respect the Mole-Man. He was a smart jerk, but not a caricature.

And beyond that, the occult link was more natural. He was one of Dracula's descendants, and his father groomed him to restore Eastern-Europe to... whatever. And the goat legs people hate were actually pretty nifty. In old legends, people who were in cahoots with the Devil were believed to sprout goat legs. If you made that be some sort of "trait" that came out whever he used dark spells, instead of his canon legs, it would've been a nice tidbit.

Honestly, Ultimate Doom was a very nifty update, and I really don't get the hate. 616 is more fleshed out, and has a better design, but as far as origins go, the Ultimate one was better IMO. He was more of a person and less of a walking cliche.
>>
>>94012106
The part where a homeless gypsy orphan somehow manages to get a full scholarship to NYU is sort of where it begins to fall apart.

He could just be some underprivileged kid that was a genius despite his parents fucking up over and over again. Without going the whole gypsy in eastern europe thing.
>>
>>94012434
Keep the Eastern Europe thing, because it is possible for him to both be poor, while not making it as unbelievable as the gypsy origin. EE is poor AF, but you can still "escape". It's still Europe, programs exist. Generally just make him a European Pym.
>>
>>94012106
Ultimate Doom started all the movie shit about him being the 5th member with metal skin powers.

I feel like it completely misses the point of the character. We already have evil cosmic ray people with the U Foes and Red Ghost. Doom just needs to be the evil scientist guy in armor. Evil Iron Man wanting to rival Reed still works.
>>
>>94012106
>>descendant of Dracula
This sounds so 60's silver age, every eastern European was descended from Dracula just like every asian villain was descended from Genghis Khan.
>>
>>94012529
Sure, I agree, but the generalorigin was a nice update. And the Goat Legs could've been fine if used differently.
>>94012573
It's better than "poor gypsy persecuated by evil baron". There are no barons or kings in Eastern Europe, and gypsies deserve anything but pity.

Not to mention that while it was unrealistic in the early days of Marvel, nowadays it's just a flat out bonkers origin.
>>
The FF was the only time I liked the Heroes Reborn retelling

>Reed was the chief scientist working on a private company with a government contract to track a random anomaly in space that is headed for Earth
>Doom is also tracking it and notices how it is a precursor to large scale explosions in space
>Red, with financial backer Susan Storm, pilot Ben Grimm, and stowaway Johnny fly to the anomaly, while Doom secretly had operatives load weapons into the ship to destroy the anomaly
>Anomaly turns out to be the Silver Surfer, Dooms antimatter weapons react to him to make the explosion that gives the FF their powers. It was Surfer's power cosmic that did it. Surfer flies away unharmed, FF crash on monster island.
>SHIELD rescues the FF and recruits them to stop Namor who is currently invading New York,
>>
>>94012106
Dr. Doom being a gypsy is pretty much hilarious. In a good way. Son of witch means his not just a king of Latveria but a king of gypsies. That's really badass to be a king of thieves and makes him a master of black magic. He's not just a gypsy but a gypsy from european fairy tales.

Dracula and Belgium on the other hand is way too try hard and cheesy.
>>
>>94012106
I loved ultimate doom and I was super hyped when he came back in fialkovs short lived run. Then how he was defeated off panel by miles right at the issue when secret wars happened was very anti-climactic to the character. Especially when the Maker exists in universe and 616 victor is going through a good guy streak. Damme was a good answer to ult Reed and especially after what happened to him it proved his resilience. Especially after he was seen hanging out with that council of alternate Dooms. Damn.
>survive like ten actual years in a zombie universe
>become one of the last identifiable ultimate characters still alive and untouched
>just fucking die unceremoniously.
>>
>>94012632
I feel like Marvel has a lot of gypsy characters roaming around already
>>
>>94012106
Didn't Ultimate Reed replace him as the evil supergenius guy who fucks everything up?
>>
>>94012703
Would be interesting if he actually was a gypsy king, with his specialty of nabbing super technology and alien artifacts, maybe some mystical ones too if he can get them

With amazing flying carriages, robot horses, and gypsies using cloaking technology and teleporting.
>>
>>94012733
Well there are hordes of gypsies in Eurasia spreaded all around from London to Calcutta. No one counted them but the nubers probably enormous.
>>
>>94012782
Yeah, but a major reason for that is they didn't know what to do with ult Reed and Doom was out of the picture for a long long time. Like, he was in zombieverse after FF 23. Doom after that was an impostor
>>
>>94012695
I also liked the Stark origin. Not more than the 616 one, but I liked how he was really a damn bastard.

>>94012703
Eh, I'm pretty tired of the US glorifying the "gypsy life". It's pretty shit, and the sensible ones try as hard as they can to escape it. They steal kids and sell their organs, they're not "happy go lucky wanderers".

>>94012713
Yeah, I liked Ult!Doom a whole lot as well. It had a nice spin on the whole thing, and generally was neat little update.

>>94012733
What bothers me is that they have no Eastern European characters, while making the gypsies the heroes of these lands. It's like making a white colonialist the Black Panther.
>>
>>94012982
I guess because at the time most of the Eastern European characters were made, that whole region was Soviet.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.