[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Doom... a fraud?!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1428326-1270531384043.jpg (353KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1428326-1270531384043.jpg
353KB, 1280x1920px
Aall of his feats came after he took over Latveria, and we never see him actually building stuff of his own. Whenever we see him in his "lab", it's actually a huge complex filled with tons of scientists, who are actually doing the work. In Secret Wars he even had the Mad Thinker working for him.

>When he was in his 20s he developed tiny little bombs
Parker created his web-fluid and web-shooters when he was 15. Stark graduated from MIT at 15. Richards was on his 9th PhD when he met Susan. The best Doom could come up with at the time were robots that we never saw actually work, and the gate that blew up in his face.

Sure, he discovered the microverse, but Pym did it first. And Pym actually weaponized it. Sure, he has a Time Machine, but so does Reed. Sure, he has a durable armor, but Tony's far outweigh his. And everything these blokes did, they did alone. Doom had an entire kingdom of scientists. Even ex-Nazis!

Look at his best feats, and they're mostly due to his willpower. He's never the underdog that finds a way. He just goes "muh will" and everything goes according to plan, before being defeated and running away. Remember that time he needed a computer for calculations, whereas Reed did them in his head? F4 V X-Men was the book.

I'm not saying he's not in the Top 10, but he's definitely bellow Richards and Pym. Stark as well, most likely. Factor in Valeria & Ult!Reed, plus High Evolutionary, and well...

Generally I think he's so well regarded because he's just a villainous Batman. Stark is a better Engineer, Reed is a better... everything, Pym is a better biochemist, etc, etc. Hell, Sinister has created thousands of clones while Doom had trouble with just cloning a single Asgardian. But because Doom is a good enough tactician, sorcerer, engineer, politician, etc, etc, he manages to fill the gaps in one area, with the strengths of another. In short, he's the very definition of "jack of all trades, but master of none".
>>
>>94007984
I also have a theory about his origin.

First things first, Von Doom is not the name of a peasant, much less of a gypsy. Moreover, Doom is pretty darn white and handsome for a born&bred gyppo. To add to that, every account of his origin is told through him & his faulty Doombot. Taking that into account, I think the whole "peasant turned king" is just a story. He was a regular Latverian whose mom & dad dies because his dumbo mom got into occult shit. When he left for the US, he changed his name in order to be more intimidating. Boris is actually his grandpa, or uncle. When he came back he did take the throne by force, but only because he was charismatic. No Eastern-European would ever follow a gyppo. I know a whole lot of them, and they'd rather follow the King of Congo than a Roma.

All of it is just a story he weaved, to make his tale grander. Same goes for the scar. It's just a miniscule little scratch that he hides behind his mask because he's deeply insecure, and to create a story around his "monstrous face".
>>
Bunch of Doomwankers here, huh?
>>
>>94007984
why do they have to make all of the males so attractive?
>>
>>94008102
Because they're more than mere mortals? Might as well ask why all females are attractive. Or why they can build interdimensional gates. Or clone people.
>>
Geez, /co/ sure can't handle their "God Emperor" being insulted, huh? Or it'd rather talk about Marlel, I guess...
>>
>>94007984
I disagree about being bellow Stark, but Pym, Reed, Ult!Reedd and HE definitely surpass him in pure, raw, intellect.

As for the origin... Prtty fucking messy, desu. I mean, I could see something like "stories are stronger than reality", but not this way. Too convulted, and too many loose ends.
>>
File: doompanthergod6.jpg (419KB, 710x1136px) Image search: [Google]
doompanthergod6.jpg
419KB, 710x1136px
>>94007984
DOOM is the only path to salvation for mankind
You cannot refute this
You cannot dispute this
>>
>>94008977
Bast is a Low-Tier God. Its confirmation means nothing. Besides, a God's version of "good" differs from the average man's. Even if that was true, that still doesn't make Doom THE smartest. Good in lots of professions? Sure. But the best? Nah. The man's a walking superiority inferiority complex. He must be better at everything, than everyone. He wastes so much time diversifying, he can't nail at least one thing.
>>
>>94008977
God, that whole series was a big pile of stupid, but that scene was by far the stupidest.
>>
>>94009129
t.PantherFag
>>
>>94009147
I don't give a flying fuck about the Panther, I actually read it because they said they would dig into the details of Doom's organization and the way he funds his endeavors. They didn't.
>>
>>94009231
That's every Doom story anon. All tell, no show.
>>
>>94007985
>Von Doom is not the name of a peasant

it is in Germany

during the Cold War it very much was across Eastern Europe, no nobility there

also - and i don't know if you've heard this about them - dictators tend to exaggerate and give themselves titles that place them above the common rabble

this is a tendency that often begins long before they have the least political power
>>
File: DOOM is all you need.jpg (112KB, 816x304px) Image search: [Google]
DOOM is all you need.jpg
112KB, 816x304px
>>94007984

Well yeah. Doom isn't the best Marvel scientist and he isn't the best Marvel sorcerer, but he has a very useful talent stack and combines technology and magic in ways that most of his enemies don't or can't.
>>
>>94007984
>>94007985
>>94008092
>>94008397

OP, no need to get salty just because your thread isn't popular.
>>
>>94007984
remember when he acquired limitless power? and the other time he did that?

it doesn't really matter how he did it at that point.
>>
>>94010084
For him to adopt that surname, it means that either his father was Latverian, or they stayed there long enough to actually become members of society. No tribe would adopt such a name if they were moving from place to place as he says in the books.

>>94010151
Sure, but they should stop pretending he is Richards' equal. Reed is first, Pym is second, and I'd argue Stark is third. Doom is bellow that.
>>94010730
Doom can be basically be summed up to "muh will" at this point.

Don't get me wrong, I like the characters, but he's getting wanked too much. He's a villainous Batman with a country instead of a city. But they made the same mistake they did with Batman, and they turned them into more than they should be.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.