[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Comic Book to Film Translations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

>Go to /tv/, reddit this, kino that, memes, memes, memes.

Alright /co/, what do you consider true comic book kino? Best comic book to film adaptations. Try your best to avoid anything Chris Stuckman or Movie Bob orgasms over.
>>
>>94005826
Wonder Woman and Logan.
These type of questions are always baseless because it leads to people crying and shit posting over subjective opinions. Most movies are somewhat sound (Fantastic Four not withstanding) so it is all based on an opinion rather than fact.
>>
Josie and the Pussycats.
>>
>Danger Diabolik 1968
>Superman 1979
>Creepshow 1982
>Dredd 2012
>Guardians of the Galaxy 2014
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 2017 *The MCU movies that matter*
>>
>>94005826

Probably the best and most faithful adaption of all time was American Splendor. That was a great film that happened to be a comic book, instead of a great comic book film.

I really love Mystery Men as well, but that's a lot of nostalgia.

Blade was great in a time when superhero films were not on average good.

The Crow is kind of a classic at this point I think.

Sin City was probably the best transition of a style from page to film that I can think of.
>>
File: lMEa58i[1].png (90KB, 318x235px) Image search: [Google]
lMEa58i[1].png
90KB, 318x235px
>>94005879
>>
>>94005826
The pulp trio:
The Phantom
The Rocketeer
The Shadow
>>
Moviebob orgasms over anything that isn't directed by Zack Snyder
>>
>>94005879
Dujour means friendship
>>
>>94005826
I'm betting a lot on Infinity War, just cuz the source material gives me a hard on
>>
File: turtlekino.jpg (2MB, 2545x1670px) Image search: [Google]
turtlekino.jpg
2MB, 2545x1670px
>>94006151
DuJour means love.
>>94005879
>>94006033
>>94005920
>>94006117
These are all good suggestions.

I'd add Batman Mask of the Phantasm, since it got a theatrical release.

And my favorite live-action comic book adaptation, the 1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie. This picture is a worth a thousand words.
>>
>>94005920
>Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 and 2

Like the movies but they are not great adaptations. They're their own thing. Comic Book Star Lord is nothing like movie Star Lord.
>>
File: batman_1966_movie_poster.jpg (256KB, 1052x770px) Image search: [Google]
batman_1966_movie_poster.jpg
256KB, 1052x770px
>>94006261
This is true, but visually they're way more comic booky than the rest of the MCU put together. They fully immerse the audience in a fantastical world, like Mystery Men or Batman '89 or my suggestion, the original cape-kino, Batman '66.
>>
>>94006237
Also a true classic. The late 80s/early 90s spawned some very unique stuff. We will never see it's like again.
>>
File: The Ghost Who Doesn't Walk.png (256KB, 967x1080px) Image search: [Google]
The Ghost Who Doesn't Walk.png
256KB, 967x1080px
The Phantom and The Rocketeer.
The newer Dredd movie was also pretty good, though perhaps not satirical enough.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.