[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did they make Aunt May so young and um…attractive in the MCU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

why did they make Aunt May so young and um…attractive in the MCU?
>>
Milf? Pretty sure she doesn't have kids herself so why not?
>>
>>>/aco/1564253
>>
Why was May so old in the first place? She's his mother's sister, not his grandmother.
>>
>>94001952
There exist people with siblings who are significantly younger than them. Anyway, the reason they wanted to make her so young was to give Peter a greater sense of responsibility.

Contrary to what is believed by fags, Stan and Ditko wanted Peter grow up fast.
>>
>>94002028
*make her so old
>>
>>94002028
>There exist people with siblings who are significantly younger than them.

Yeah, in redneck culture. Peter is from Queens. It makes no sense.
>>
>>94001880

A trend started in the ultimate universe. And it actually makes sense.
>>
>>94002094
>Yeah, in redneck culture. Peter is from Queens. It makes no sense.
It makes plenty of sense everywhere.
>>
>>94001936
>Generic young hot Aunt May will completely eclipse Gray Fox Aunt May
Seriously just...let Marisa Tomei go atleast a LITTLE gray.
>>
>>94002180
Well maybe if he was Black or Spanish.
Or Irish in the 60s.
>>
>>94002291
I have had many friends who's parents simply had kids years after their first ones.
>>
>>94002180
Everywhere in the south where people marry their cousins.

But not in New York.
>>
>>94002372
Well to be fair, most people in New York just stop at knocking up their cousin.
>>
>>94001880
I always thought it was weird Aunt May was like a Million years old and never died.
>My youngest aunt is only three years older than me.
>>
>>94001880

looks like she's over the loss of Uncle Ben...
>>
>>94001880
MOMMY
>>
>>94001880
Because an elderly Aunt May never made sense. She should be around Richard's age
>>
>>94003322
What if Dick was just an older dude?
>>
because of all the funny "i wanna fuck your aunt peter" jokes
>>
>>94002094
>in redneck culture
I grew up in a wealthy area, this is really common. Don't be a self hating redneck anon it's okay that you're trash and stupid.
>>
>>94001952
No, she is the wife of Peter's father's older brother.

She still shouldn't be that old.
>>
>>94002372
>>94002423
NYer here, not unless you go to the mountains.

While it's rare kids are this spaced out from one another its not impossible or considered redneck to anyone but this poster on 4chan. I've met a lot of people from upperclass white families with this situation (Though with current children not with a parent + their sibling).

If you guys weren't virgins you'd understand that you don't suddenly stop being able to make babies once you pop out one at 30. The demographic with the most abortions because they don't practice condom use is geriatrics for christ's sake. why do you guys have trouble believing a family, especially one against abortion, would keep their accidental child 10+ years later?

That said I always assumed aunt may was an aunt in name only but was a more distantly related relative than a literal aunt and uncle because she looks like there'd be a 40+ year difference instead. Unless Peter's mom was ancient too?

I don't actually like spiderman that much to read it so i just know what i know from pop culture.
>>
>>94001952
>Why was May so old in the first place?

Because if she wasn't then Pete wouldn't have a conflict because a milfy 40 something can take care of herself
>>
>>94002094
>>94002180
>>94004808
David Letterman had his first kid at 56. It's not that hard to believe someone would want kids later in life, even if it is uncommon.
>>
For the hilarious running joke of people constantly telling Peter how hot his aunt is.
>>
>>94002161
i can agree with you on that but it feels so surreal that they keep making her younger & younger.

>may originally looked old enough to be parker's grandma

>may in the ASM films looked old enough to be his mom

>MCU may actually looks like she could be his aunt

...i wouldn't be surprised (but i would be kinda horrified) if they ever did a third reboot they make her old enough to be his older sister
>>
>>94001880
And old one would live long enough for all the movies
>>
>>94002094
My father recently re-married and now I have 3 brothers that are 20 years older than me.

All of us are urban white-collar people.
>>
>>94006478
Don´t give them ideas.
>>
Why didn't Stan and Ditko just make May his grandmother in the first place?
>>
>>94009208
why would they?
>>
>>94009222
Because even back in the 60s May looked and acted like grandmother, not an aunt.

Hell even make her a great aunt
>>
>>94001880
The age difference between brothers and sisters usually like 5-10 years. So since Peter is a teen now and his parents were like 30+ so it's pretty normal for aunt to be 20+ if she's a younger sister.
Even the old May would be like 40 or something not 70+ granny.
>>
File: aunt_may.jpg (164KB, 1200x794px) Image search: [Google]
aunt_may.jpg
164KB, 1200x794px
>>94001880
Because the Raimi movies already nailed the shit out of Aunt May, just like Jameson, but they can't just NOT have Aunt May, so they need to take a different path with it.
>>
I'll take that any day over the ancient woman having a stroke every other issue and becoming half the focus of the comic.
>>
>>94001880
Well she was in her 50's which is actually a pretty standard grandma age

>>94009358
Im actually 20 years older then my youngest sister, which is actually 4 years more then the age between me and my mom, so its not impossible for an aunt uncle to be pretty old, though still rare.
>>
>>94009386
Pretty much this, no matter how good the mcu Spider-Man movies may or may not be they nailed the shit out of the secondary characters like JJJ and Aunt may hell even uncle ben in his short time on screen
>>
>>94009450
>Marisa Tomei ends up being the first movie May to actually have a stroke.
>>
>>94006478
>2046 Spider-Man reboot
>May is Uncle Ben's daughter and the same age as Peter
>he has to hide the fact that he's Spider-Man from her because she'll tell everyone at school
>>
>>94009358
My oldest brother would be 30 some years older than me if he was still alive.
>>
>>94002094
>in redneck culture
That's founded with poor reasoning, I'm redneck and my brother in 10 months older than me, our sister is only about 14 months younger.
It's upper middle-class yupsters who get freaked out, overwhelmed and wait until baby one is 10 or so before they take another crack at it.
>>
>>94002372
The stereotype about rednecks is that they keep having kids with frequency, it doesn't fit for them to have kids so infrequently that they are decades apart, that does however make sense for upper and middle class families that wait forever to have kids.
My family is from a big city and my dad and his sister are twenty years apart in age because his sister was an accident and he was the first kid they planned on having when they were financially stable.
>>
>>94002028
>Contrary to what is believed by fags, Stan and Ditko wanted Peter grow up fast.
People forget that the whole "Peter was a highschool student" bit was a flashback to his origin and in the first issues he's already an adult. Up until the first Raimi film ever depiction of Spidey I saw growing up is about a mature grown up Parker who has to deal with adult issues like marriage and work. Role models for kids should be actual adults, not teenagers. Once you're old enough you realize how bad role models teens make, and if you're wise enough you even recognize how stupid you were when you were young.
I really don't understand the point of making him younger and younger. We have Miles for that.
>>
Well, you know what they say. 50 is the new 30.
>>
>>94009585
It's just too bad that his Peter was the most autistic manchild version of the character yet.
>>
File: CIA.jpg (52KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.jpg
52KB, 800x800px
>>94001880
Why is Tony Stark dressed like CIA?
>>
>>94012354
Because he's trying to get laid.
>>
>>94012319
It's kinda impressive. Maguire was 28 years old when he got the role, but his ability to act like an 8-year-old was superb.
>>
>>94012381
If he gets laid, we'll he finally get written off the MCU?
>>
>>94002094
As someone from Queens, I know plenty of examples.

Fuck, my dad is a "child of old age", when he was born his closest sibling was 16.
>>
>>94012039
>People forget that the whole "Peter was a highschool student" bit was a flashback to his origin and in the first issues he's already an adult
Nigga what.
Read a fucking comic for once, he didn't graduate high school until issue 28, after more than two years of stories passing in real time.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.