[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daredevil

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I genuinely like this show. I forgot how fucking cool Daredevil was but never read much besides one book. A neighbor gave me a mess of comics when I was like 8 and it had one of Daredevil crashing out of some church with a woman. Any good stories past and present to read? Has current Marvel ruined him? Emphasis on stories with him being a good Catholic man is a plus.
>>
>I genuinely like this show
It's sad it's all been downhill for Netflix MCU since the first season though.
>Any good stories past or present to read
Any Miller Daredevil, Daredevil: Yellow
>Has current Marvel ruined him?
Surprisingly no. His title isn't really affected by current goings on, and Soule's past experience as a lawyer seems to behoove the title.
>>
>>93997647
As a big DD fan, I like the show a lot. It has some flaws, but in general it does a good job at making its own story by utilizing the comics. My biggest complaint though is how the show pussyfoots things too much, like Bullseye and Gladiator. Also hated how Elektra died.

There's a lot of good Daredevil out there, even not counting Miller. O'Neil even had a short run and it was awesome. I forgot who wrote it, but there was a DD story where Bullseye hires the entire underworld to hunt Daredevil and it's awesome.

I'd say the only ones that I didn't like (that I've read, mind you) are Smith, Bendis, and Waid. Lee's run was... interesting. It has some highlights, like Matt having to fight Namor, which comes off as the ultimate underdog match since at the time Namor was an established heavy hitter. It's mostly Not-As-Good Spider-Man, though. It also didn't really know where Daredevil stood power wise, sometimes seeming completely superhuman.
>>
>>93997830
>Any Miller Daredevil
Well, looked some stuff up on Amazon and lo and behold the first daredevil comic I ever got (from the neighbor) was born again.
>>
>>93998304
Born Again is the best Daredevil story of all time, not to mention one of the best Marvel stories. It makes Matt feel like the perpetual underdog in a lot of ways, even ending in a showdown that feel far above his level (to which Miller perfectly shows Matt struggling).
>>
>>93998398
Fuck, too bad I lost it years ago, I will never forget that cover. It's amazing. Have to buy it again.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.