[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Villains Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (188KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
188KB, 1280x720px
How do you like your bad guys, /co/? Sympathetic, unapologetic? A reason to be "villainous," or doing it just because?
>>
reminder that chernabog is the GOAT.
>>
>>93997289
My faves are Horned King, Chernabog, Frolo, and Maleficent.
>>
>>93997289
It depends if it suits the story and its tone, if its interactions with the other characters, specially protagonists, are done well and if they bring the right ammount of threat to the table.
>>
File: 9f5.png (552KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
9f5.png
552KB, 680x383px
>>93997401
>that Chernabog boss intro in kingdom hearts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFajPxyd7N8
>>
The only correct answer is "well written."
>>
I like it best when they surprise me. A lot of villainy scenes sort of bore me, like, the villain obsessing over/scheming against the good guy, i start to tune out. But whenever they start to show a bit of personality or just switch up the script - either by being very goofy or showing some doubt or being especially vicious. Just. Anything unique.
>>
>>93997289
I often see villains being "evil" for the sake of it, or just because the story needs to give the MC someone to fight.
I like those that are called villains because they have a personality that defines that very concept and goals that contradict the main character(s)'s goals or moral as well.
>>
>>93997289
Someone's going to post that shitty chart. It's going to happen.
>>
>>93999764
That tier chart?
>>
>>93997289
Sympathetic villains usually fall flat for me because genres require that 99% of them just murder tons of random people, which pretty much robs them of all sympathy in my eyes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.