[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do some people legitimately not understand the meaning of this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1500500706612.png (1MB, 1080x1332px) Image search: [Google]
1500500706612.png
1MB, 1080x1332px
Do some people legitimately not understand the meaning of this scene?
>>
anyone that uses the word logic this way is mentally retarded
>>
people understand the meaning but it was poorly written contextually and lacked the weight of the "no win" decision they wanted it to be

so fuck it
>>
>>93995258
Was it to make idiots try to justify it 4 years later?
>>
>>93995258
I dont get it
>>
>>93995258
>"Why don't these people act logically while two gods fight right in front of them and scare them shitless?"
>>
>>93995339
>>93995500
Your generation is mentally retarded, do you understand that? You're a lazy, pile of garbage who never thinks. If breathing wasn't automatic then your generation of zombies would be long dead.
>>
>>93995547
Oh boy
Have a you
>>
>>93995258
The movie is hated because it is a confusing mess with no thematic consistency. Plently of themes are there yes. Plently of those infographic identifiing them. But they need to be fleshed out and worked in, not just alluded to.
>>
>>93995258
Hey what movie is this sweetie?
>>
This is the fifteenth thread I am hiding today. I am hiding it because it is a movie thread. Movie threads are the den of casuals and summerfags.
>>
>>93995356
>lacked the weight
How exactly? Superman tried to get zod to surrender, and zod pretty much laid down the law. He would kill humanity and either superman died or zod did.
>>
>tfw when responding to a MoS thread again

hes gonna murder all humanity, not just them
it's amazing how retarded people become to justify their meme hatred for this movie
>>
>>93995754
>only hiding 15 threads a day
See me at 20 to 30. On a good day.
>>
>>93995805
How something is executed matters just as much as logical progression. It was not done in a way that captured emotional resonance even though it made sense.

No one is arguing that it was illogical besides shitposters.
>>
>>93995258
This whole thing doesn't make sense.
Not because the family didn't move.
But because they should already be dead.
Zod can see them.
Zod, a Kryptonian, whose powers under a yellow Sun include heat vision, CAN SEE THEM.
What does that tell you about where his heat vision should go?
>>
>>93995805
Because the fact that four years later people are still bringing out new holes in it proves how little it felt like all possibilities were exhausted.

If there was more weight to Metropolis' destruction, they could have played up how much Clark wanted to mitigate further damage. If they'd dedicated more time to showing him being a part of humanity rather than a wandering drifter, we could've empathised with him putting the family first. He still would've killed Zod, and people still would have bitched, but the sentiment that his heart was in the right place and he was just scared and inexperienced would've rang more true.

So given what the film presents us with, that he doesn't much care about mitigating further damage, people wonder why he didn't keep the fight going for longer. Why didn't he fly Zod out of there? Why didn't he use his freeze breath that he never gets in these movies? Why not clap his hand over Zod's eyes?

Why the fuck didn't Zod just terraform Mars?
>>
>>93997425
It might have been pretty badass of Supes to clap a hand over Zod's eyes, injuring them both.
Nice little self-sacrifice type deal.
>>
>>93995547
Childhood is realizing your generation is retarded.
Adulthood is realizing that all generations are retarded.
>>
>>93995258
Kryptonians are like the owl of Earth: their eyes are incapable of movement so the only way they can adjust their field of vision is by moving their head.
>>
>>93997763

Unironically this.
>>
File: snyder-doomsday.jpg (53KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
snyder-doomsday.jpg
53KB, 700x400px
>>93997490
>Gets two stigmata-like burn wounds on the palms of his hands, holds them straight out to his sides, face contorted in agony.

I like your style kid.
>>
>>93995258
>Didn't have the strength to direct Zod's head somewhere else
>Had the strength to turn Zod's head enough to snap his neck.
DC movies will be forever shit.
>>
>>93998750
NO
NOOO
NOT LIKE THIS
I DIDN'T WANT IT LIKE /THIS/
>>
>>93997253

This is a good point. Why can't he just point his fucking eyes at them? How does he even know they're there if he can't look at them? Are kryptonians unable to move their eyes in their sockets, like birds?
>>
>>93999028

Clark: STOP!!!!!

Zod: Never!

He had to die, its not about him dying in that very moment, is the fact that he was too dangerous to let him him live
>>
>>93999207
Even THAT can't be true, because we see Kryptonians moving their eyes all over the place.
>>
>>93995805
Because that ultimatum doesn't really work for a dramatic ending when an entire city got nuked beforehand.
>>
>>93995258
>@agentsof_marvel
>>
>>93998750
Holy shit
>>
>>93995258
The scene was just a visual shorthand to show that Zod will never stop. It's not like there's any way to actually contain him even if Superman had somehow managed to conveniently knock him out. Either Superman killed him or there, or the government would probably have to drop a nuke to stop him. The latter option obviously leads to a lot more dead civilians. Millions.

The only thing I didn't like about this scene was how easily he broke Zod's neck. Well, that and the fact that neither he nor Zod show any battle damage. I know that in most fistfights the most grievous wounds are internal and people will often be injured without showing outward signs at all, but come on.
>>
>>93997490
I was really expecting that's what he would've done. That or just fly away with the guy.
>>
>>93995258
You know when Meatwad says "I get it. I ain't laughing but I get it." It's like that. The writing is childishly simple to understand and hamfisted as fuck. People don't hate these movies because they're too stupid to understand them, they hate them because they're bad fucking movies and you need to get the fuck over it.
>>
>>93999696
>. It's not like there's any way to actually contain him
Well, just because the writter wanted.On the movie itself we are presented 2 ways: Phanton Zone and some kind of substance that Zod used to remove Clarks powers.

If the writter wanted Superman to use his vision to detect a very small syringue that removes powers in the middle of destruction and use it on Zod, it would have been possible.
>>
>>93999696
I was under the impression movie kryptonians couldn't get battle damaged. Invulnerable skin or some shit and could only be hurt by internal injuries
>>
>>93999916
That's horrendously gay.
>>
>>93996724
It's a shit movie, what do you expect?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.