[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on Wicked and the Divine?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: wicdiv.jpg (128KB, 488x750px) Image search: [Google]
wicdiv.jpg
128KB, 488x750px
What are your thoughts on Wicked and the Divine?
>>
it owns
>>
>>93988058
I have no fucking clue what's going on but I always like reading it.
>>
>>93988058
I'm afraid to start it because it seems like every character is what a /pol/tard imagines "SJW propaganda" to be like.
Basically Im as liberal as it gets but I don't want to read about a team of America Chavezs (i mean OG America not the awful Rivera ongoing)

It gets good reviews in the mainstream press but in a world where fucking Fables is considered a "critically acclaimed" Vertigo title it gives me pause
>>
I love it. But I am a Gillen fanboy.
>>
Good art, depressing premise, good Gillen writing - though the odd indivual number does not always impress.

And - it will most definitely end - take note big 2.
>>
>>93988162
I'm an ex-lefty myself. It's the most palatable one-sided "sjw" comic on the market. So, you're not far off, but I'd recommend it. It's well executed at least
>>
>>93988058
It's pure shit. I don't know why anybody read it.
>>
>>93988359
I mean, I like Gillen a lot. So I'll probably check it out. Just can't stand virtue-signaling. On any end of the political spectrum
>>
>>93988058
The real question is, who here would exchange the rest of their life for just two years of superstar divinity?
>>
Self indulgent as fuck. Acceptable so far, but I'm not sure if he can stick the landing.

>>93988162
just wait for the whole thing, then read it.

>>93988359
>>93988488
I mean lets be serious. It's not in the same class as the other esiner nominees that are garbage, like Lumberjanes, Mockingbird, that Black Mask thing.

The basics of writing are still solid here.
>>
>>93988945
Come on Lumberjanes isn't that bad. It's just about friendship and while it has a gay couple and a trans character they aren't that brought up.
>>
>>93989258
The crucial problem of Lumberjanes isn't the gender politics. It jacks all of it's action from action movies, and combines that with a complete inabillity to handle narrative tension.

The result is bland, boring mush.
>>
>>93988162
All I can say is that it doesn't feel like pandering. Gillen's a pretty good writer, and he's done a great job characterizing the cast. Would recommend.
>>
>>93988058
Can someone summarize the premise?
>>
>>93989441
A jacked version of Sandman's endless filtered with 900 tons of pop celebrity culture, where the gods die and expire after two years. But without the strong background cast or scope of Gaimains work.
>>
>>93988870
People do it all the time, but the crux of the matter is they don't KNOW they're doing it. If you had told Hendrix or Belushi how young they'd die, I seriously wonder if they would have still done it.

Now, Farley, on the other hand... he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. Guy was trying to be the second coming of Belushi in EVERY way. He would have taken the deal.
>>
>>93989441
Every 90 years an old lady shows up and gives divinity (NOT immortality) to 12 random people. They live for 2 years, usually as super stars, famous writers, musicians, etc.. Then they die terrible terrible deaths. This time, everything goes horribly horribly wrong.
>>
hated every single character but specially the main one.
the only one i sort of liked was cassandra.
the art is competent but bland as fuck, it lacks energy and comessoff as really stiff
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.