[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Great Debate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 29

File: 1950623847.jpg (1MB, 3400x1700px) Image search: [Google]
1950623847.jpg
1MB, 3400x1700px
Which one? And why?

Personally, I have always agreed Spider-Man should produce his own web, which would actually make him spider-like. But I understand that the web shooters go to show how incredibly nerdy and intelligent Peter is.

So what do you think, /co/mrades?
>>
It's not a debate. Mechanical is the correct choice. Always has been. Raimifags can go fuck themselves.
>>
>>93978787
It should com out of his nipples.
>>
I never understood why he would make that weird hand gesture
>>
>>93978787
I want to fuck Peter's vagina wrist.
>>
>>93978845

You can go fuck yourselves, oldfags.
>>
Mechanical.

Spidey possibly running out of web-fluid in the middle of a fight immediately raises tension in comparison to organic webbing.
>>
>>93978787
>Personally I have always agreed Spider Man should produce his own web
Then you have terrible taste. Mechanical is the only way to go
>>93978879
I think its supposed to look like spider mandibles
>>
>when organic loses his powers he has to quit being spider-man
>when mechanical lost his powers he just toughed it out and kept superheroing as a normie despite the heightened risk and strain
>>
>>93978845
Bullshit.
He's SPIDER-man, not "some-insect-like man".
And all the web shooter show is a intelligence and degree of engineering skill he rarely actually uses.
And is more effectively shown when peter is doing actual intelligent things rather than "herp derp gotta make more fake webbing to tie to my wrists"
>>
>>93978787
I REALLY prefer the web shooters. I think it's important for Peter to show how gifted he really is with engineering and chemistry as part of his character. Also, they're less creepy than having a slit in your wrist for webs to come out of.

Also also, web cartridges allow writers to play with a few ideas, give an extra challenge of running out of web fluid, and make it more possible for Peter to lose, as his web shooters could be crushed by anybody that knows they're there.
Basically, they can help build dramatic tension.
>>
>>93978879
this is explained many times, he makes that gesture because in that position his fingers can only put so much pressure on the web shooter trigger.

If he puts more or less pressure on the trigger it won't fire, this let's him make a fist or shake hands without having to worry about accidentally setting off his web shooters.
>>
File: who the hell cares.gif (1MB, 424x320px) Image search: [Google]
who the hell cares.gif
1MB, 424x320px
>>
>>93978945
>He's SPIDER-man

Because he got his powers from a spider. It doesn't mean he has to embody every single feature of a spider.

He doesn't have eight eyeballs, either.
>>
>>93978911
And yet I don't once recall Batman running out of Batarangs or something.
It just feels...kinda cheap. Like "okay NOW he runs out of...nah give it another few panels".
>>
>>93978963
Try it, but given your opinions, I doubt you have the intelligence or the opposable thumbs to carry it out.
>>
>>93978955

Yeah, the wrist slit kinda freaks me out.

>>93978886

And then there's this guy.
>>
>>93979018
Most cases Bats either loses his belt or some other bullshit
>>
>>93978787
>Which one? And why?

Both.

His having organic webbing makes sense on account of his mutations. He should have them. However, to the extent that he uses webbing, his organic webs just wouldn't be enough. Thus why he'd have to rely on synthetic webbing via a mechanical apparatus (shooters).

If you wanted to balance out the usage/usefulness of them, you could say that while the synthetic webbing is more versatile because he can make a shitload of it and propel it via the shooters, his organic webbing is much stronger but very limited and would thus only use it for really big shit that the synthetic webbing coudln't handle.
>>
File: viewtiful.jpg (98KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
viewtiful.jpg
98KB, 650x800px
>>93978979
Why would he need to extend his pinky and index fingers in that scenario?

Besides, we all know the real reason why he does it is because he's Viewtiful, baby.
>>
>>93979017
Spiders have 8 legs and make silk. That's like defining Kindergarden tier understandings of them.

Spider-Man doesn't do either. Spiders aren't really known for their strength either. Ants and some beetles are though.
His name and concept is from decades past.
>>
Spider-Man's powers have always felt ill defined. His strength, endurance, resistance, danger sense, wall climbing, and various other abilities have been explained as being both innate and a result of his suit. Frankly I don't care, write whatever is the most interesting.
>>
>>93978945
None of his other powers are inherently spider-related. He's really strong, can stick to walls, and has minor precognition. It's like he got lesser versions of 3 random x-men's powers and turned it into his own theme.
>>
>>93978787

SPIDERS DONT SPRAY WEB LIKE A PROJECTILE YOU STUPID RETARDED FUCKS

TAKE YOUR ORGANIC MEME SHIT AND GTFO
>>
I can buy into Peter getting bitten by some spider and that giving him strength, spider-sense, webbing, and the ability to crawl. But I just can't buy into him being able to make webbing on part-time high school kids budget, especially for how much he uses it.
>>
>>93979018
The utility belt of Batman is kind of the opposite of web shooters and cartridges. Whereas the shooters are meant to occasionally run out to raise dramatic tension, the utility belt is meant to give Bats an edge in any situation. You can't even take it away from him usually, it's electrified nowadays.
>>
>>93979056
make the gesture yourself right now without extending your pinky and index fingers, you'll see why
>>
File: 874521215.gif (180KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
874521215.gif
180KB, 200x200px
Im sick of seeing this thread. Fucking summerfaggots I swear
>>
>>93979053
>He should have them.

No he shouldn't. You can't just decide which powers he "should" have, people don't actually become superhuman when a radioactive spider bites them.

I mean, if he "should" have organic web, then he "should" also shoot it from his butt instead of his wrists.
>>
Peter's intelligence has always been side lined as a superhero, I feel like the web shooters are a bit cheap (literally anyone can use them) just like its a "oh yeah he's smart, here's a reminder"
>>
File: soldier_76_drinking_coffee.jpg (14KB, 270x224px) Image search: [Google]
soldier_76_drinking_coffee.jpg
14KB, 270x224px
>>93979072
>the ability to crawl
>a super power

CRAWLING-MAN! HE CRAWLS! CAN YOU CRAWL? NO!
>>
>>93979080
I've BEEN pressing my two middle fingers to my palm without extending those fingers. It is both more comfortable and more practical.
>>
>>93978787
The web shooters look cooler, so that one.
>>
>>93978963
lol
>>
None of Spider-Man's powers are spider like in any way shape or form.

His wall crawling ability is biomagnetism, not insectile grasping hairs

His spider sense is a telepathic ability

His super strength is not something a spider has

His agility is not something a spider has

Why would he ever have organic web shooters?

Spider-Man is a mutate with latent awoken abilities, this is why his emotions can effect his powers and how they can bring forth odd mutations like Man-Spider
>>
>>93979018
One of Spidey's web shooters broke during his fight with Electro in Amazing Spider Man 2 which created natural tension that Spidey had to overcome. And that was probably the best thing the movie did.
>>
File: Picture-24[1].png (180KB, 497x278px) Image search: [Google]
Picture-24[1].png
180KB, 497x278px
If he doesn't produce his own web - what's the need for him being a spider genetic splicer (seper reflexes, durability and shit are not actually associated with spiders - you can just go and swim in radioactive wastes like every second superhero/villian does)? then again, if you do can produce web, you have to be consistent (pic related). So the only way for him to shoot web out of his wrists (which is iconic and shit, therefore out of debate) is to milk his asshole while not heroing and then loading it into his shooter.
>>
>>93979097
Anyone can shoot the web, but do you have the strength to swing at high G-forces?
>>
>>93978787
he themed himself after a spider his powers are barely related to the spider
>>
>>93979113
and it's harder to regulate the pressure your middle and ring finger would have on the trigger, use your brain man.
>>
Web shooters are more practical. What if his body's supply of organic webbing runs out when he's hundreds of feet in the air between skyscrapers? He can't just eat an emergency sandwich and generate more webbing in the scant few seconds before he splats on the pavement.
>>
>>93979191
I'd imagine most heroes, yes.
>>
>>93979215
He'd be able to feel that like how a runner knows when they're running out of energy.
>>
>>93979215
The same argue can be made for artificial since you have to constantly keep re-fueling them and keeping an eye out on them
>>
>>93979097
>literally anyone can use them
Well to be fair 90% of what Spider-Man does with them would dislocate a shoulder or rip an arm clean off for people without some level of super strength. It's a good tool to use with his power set. Though that doesn't explain why he doesn't make a billion dollars marketing that shit. It's not like it's too dangerous to be in anyone's hands. And even with it breaking down after a few hours it has a million uses.
>>
File: webshitposting.png (120KB, 1115x637px) Image search: [Google]
webshitposting.png
120KB, 1115x637px
These threads will never end.
>>
>>93978787
Webshooters, or else people can tell he's a mutant from looking at his wrists.
>>
>>93979182
Do you fucking idiots actually think spiders produce webbing from their asses?
>>
>>93979079
also villains cutting his grappling hook line and him falling mid jump, used for the same effect as losing his belt.
>>
>>93979113
Because it kinda looks like a spider when you make that hand shape. And extending the pinky and index a bit is more natural. Not all the way out though.
>>
>>93979215
if it's a biological function he would be able to tell when he's running low ala how every guy knows when he's about to stop pissing.
>>
>>93978787
Either one is fine. The organic webbing makes sense in that he has mutated more than once and it emphasizes the inhuman nature a lot of people see in Spiderman. The mechanic gives him tech variations though like impact webs and exploding web capsules. I'd like to see him using both actually.
>>
>>93979251
They produce webbing from spinnerets which are located in the posterior of their abdomen, right next to their anus. An area roughly equivalent to the "ass."
>>
>>93979232
Seems like peter should be able to devise a way to make his webbing change colour when he's almost out like till printer paper.
>>
>>93978787
Mechanical because it shows he was smart enough to make them and because he can do more things with them than organic web shooters.
>>
File: matters.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
matters.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>>93978845
Wait, Spiderman being able to websling naturally was Raimi's idea, and not canonical to the original series? That's the stupidest goddamn thing I ever heard. What's the point of calling a superhero Spiderman if he can't physically manifest the one superpower that actually ties him to spiders?
>>
>>93979232
>>93979229
>>93979270

The point is that he could potentially bring way more artificial webbing with him, rather than being limited to what his body could store in its web glands or whatever at any given time. And upon returning from superheroing, he couldn't have any way of restocking other than waiting for his body to generate more. Instant replenishment from stockpiles is out of the question.
>>
>>93979090
Maybe he used tech to redirect his ass juice to his wrists.
>>
>>93979317
No because he'd also be limited in what he can carry around, at least with organic it'd be stored in his body and he wouldn't need a bunch of pockets in a skin tight suit to carry cartage around
>>
>>93979316
All of his powers are based on spiders, they just aren't unique TO spiders. Neither is spinning silk, for what it's worth.
>>
>>93979178
Then why the fuck does he a dress as a spider, and invent web guns of all things to fight crime.
I don't care how useful webs are, it doesn't make sense why he would suddenly decide that being a Spider is his thing, just because it relates to how he got his powers.
>>
>>93979239
He tried selling it before, but since the webs dissolve in about two hours they didnt want it.
>>
The issue I have with Spider-man using mechanic shooters is that at that point he doesn't really need the powers.

You're telling me he can create the webs/shooter but then can't upgrade his suit with a bunch of shit? He could easily make wall crawling features and increase his durability/strength with it similar to Black Panther's suit.
>>
>>93979203
>this completely invented reductive reasoning
Are you seriously this retarded? It's aesthetics and nothing more. Do you seriously think Jack Kirby or whoever first sketched up the gesture sat down and said "what is the most logical position for the hands to be in to activate a hidden mechanism?" No, they drew it because it looked cool. You're disrespecting comic books' roots with all this ex-post-facto "practicality" bullshit plaguing the industry. THEY'RE POWER FANTASY SUPER HEROES. They're not supposed to make sense.
>>
>>93979352
>why does a nerd attach to the idea of what gave him his first taste of power
Golly anon, I just dunno.
>>
File: 1470464086409.jpg (68KB, 600x590px) Image search: [Google]
1470464086409.jpg
68KB, 600x590px
>>93979352
Because he got his powers from a fucking spider.
>>
Best compromise: he creates web naturally, but invents the shooters to direct and shoot it, because he can't do that himself.
>>
>>93979056
I like to think it help him aim
>>
I think Peter should call himself Bug-man.
>>
>>93979178
>His wall crawling ability is biomagnetism, not insectile grasping hairs
That's retarded
>His spider sense is a telepathic ability
I thought it's just a way to represent spider's reaction speeds and isn't literally seeing the future
>His super strength is not something a spider has
Spiders basically have superior strength relative to their size, which is what Peter is supposed to have.
>His agility is not something a spider has
I think that just comes from the super strength and the fact Peter is pretty petite.
>>
>>93979316
Bats fly, Batman doesn't fly
>>
>>93979364
Peter is not a king and has very few resources. He has to take pictures of himself so he and may can eat.
>>
>>93979364
>he doesn't really need the powers
And yet he still has them. I don't really see the issue.
>>
>>93979352
>just because it relates to how he got his powers

>>93979370
Spider-Man is a 1960's character, the hottest shit in the 1960's was 007 spy gadgetry, of course his whole gimmick is gadgets and overly explained ways of using them.

>>93979407
regardless of what you think those are the in canon explanations.
>>
>>93979411
Yeah, but Batman also wasn't called Batman because a mutated bat bit him and gave him bat related superpowers.
>>
>>93979251
no, but arachnid's abdomen still corresponds to the lower body of a mamal. so if spinnerets are to pop out - then somewhere around the ass.
>>
>>93979364
but he doesn't need to do those things because he has super powers.
>>
>>93979411

Bat can't fly too. only glide.
>>
>>93979411
He does glide
>>
>>93979425
>regardless of what you think those are the in canon explanations.

It's still retarded
Maybe Raimi's Spider-man deserves more credit than it gets
>>
>>93979444
>Bat can't fly too

Wrong
>>
>>93979364
he's poor as fuck, his web shooters are entirely analog, made our of junk in a basement and house hold chemicals

>>93979450
maybe but the comic book way of giving him organic web shooters was to make him into a magical totem which is even more retarded
>>
>>93978787
i like the organic web concept,give him more superpowers
>>
Mechanical Web Shooters add for artificial tension in fights and allow you to see cool shit like peter reloading, it also fits his character but makes no sense how hes timed it perfectly to go away after 2 hours

Organic Web Shooters get rid of the tension for more spider-man moments, such as the train scene, we can also see more scenes of spidey just swinging doing his thing, albeit with no tension attached.

Both are good for their own scenario's, stop bitching about the comics because the comics are actual god damn garbage at explaining his Web Shooters plus it's fucking idiotic that out of all his spider powers, THE BIGGEST ONE isn't one he gets naturally but has to make.
>>
>>93979407
>I thought it's just a way to represent spider's reaction speeds and isn't literally seeing the future
Spider sense is low level precognition. He doesn't he any visuals of the future, just a sense something is about to happen.
>>
>>93978963
Kek
>>
>>93979434
yeah, he was bitten by a radioactive detective!
>>
>>93978845
It's this just one guy posting the "raimifag" stuff right? It's like the barneyfag thing?
>>
>>93979512
>makes no sense how hes timed it perfectly to go away after 2 hours

2 hours is just for comic book convenience, but it's perfectly plausible that it would be roughly consistent in how long it takes to break down.
>>
>>93979512
the 2 hours thing is supposed to be how long it takes for the web to dry out and become brittle, if it's wet it would remain sticky and not degrade nearly as fast.
>>
File: mutant[1].gif (65KB, 615x300px) Image search: [Google]
mutant[1].gif
65KB, 615x300px
>>93978787
>Which one? And why?

I like organic shooters for the following reasons:

-It just feels appropriate thematically that'd he be able to shoot webs naturally; he is a spider-man after all. I know a lot of people get upset about, "well why would he shoot them from his wrists?" and my answer to that is: it doesn't have to make sense scientifically, it just has to make sense thematically or contextually. Spiders after all don't have super strength and durability after all, so whatever.

-If spider-man could just 'make' spinerettes, why does he need to be bitten by a spider? The whole super hero personae begins to fall apart if he can fabricate one of his most important powers because who's to say he can't just fabricate all of his powers? For that matter, why doesn't he just fabricate or replicate betters ones? Start investing in himself, selling gadgets, ideas, patents, etc.. He's just shoehorning himself at this point.

-Keep in mind though that I'm a crazy outlier and I like the idea that spider-man's current powers are just very superficial, early-symptom, mutations/abilities and that through time, practice, and discipline he could awaken or otherwise branch into further useful mutations: more arms, more eyes, neato retractable venomous fangs, etc.. As he fights an internal conflict between devolving into a giant spider to have the power to save and protect people vs retaining his humanity for it's convenience.

But I'm pretty sure the spider-man people would rather experiment with him being black, dating midgets, being poor, having a hot aunt, or whatever.

>>93979071
>SPIDERS DONT SPRAY WEB LIKE A PROJECTILE YOU STUPID RETARDED FUCKS

They do though: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/science-animals-ground-spider-shooting-silk-discovery/
Nature.
>>
>>93979071
This
>>
>>93979375
>>93979383
Does Superman call himself Kyrpton-man and have a picture of the sun on his chest?
>>
>>93979480
>Spider-Man: The Other

now that was a shit story
>>
File: Superman_v.2_42.jpg (97KB, 460x703px) Image search: [Google]
Superman_v.2_42.jpg
97KB, 460x703px
>>93979618
I bet you feel silly now
>>
>>93979608
>They do though: http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/06/science-animals-ground-spider-shooting-silk-discovery/
>Nature.
he didn shoot it tho - he glued it to the ground between himself and the other spider an then basically ensnared him.
>>
>>93979618
Does Superman have something to do with Spider-Man? Why are you changing the subject all of a sudden?
>>
>>93979434
The normal 2-bit punk is not going to know Bruce's parents were murdered or that Spider-man has mechanical web shooters anon.

Normal people ain't too serious about superheroes having to do EVERYTHING their named after.
>>
>>93979316
>batman should pluck out his eyes and only make a high pitched screeching sound
>>
>>93979608
>>93979684
there are however spider that spin tools/weapons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peM31m5HFA so that stupid shield or gliding wings that spiderman spins out of his web is basically the most realistic thing in the whole comic...
>>
>>93979717
Bats have eyes and eyesight what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>93979770
yeah, bats are not dolphins!
>>
>>93979804
Are you just saying random and irrelevant things because you were caught saying something wrong?
>>
>>93979770
no according to 1940's science they didn't when Batman was conceived
>>
>>93979816
Colloquialisms aren't science.
>>
>>93979316
>what's the point on calling him Black Panther when he doesn't even mark his territory with musk-laden piss?
>>
>>93979717
I bet that would strike fear into the hearts of criminals.
>>
>>93978787
Why not both? Peter invents a device that attaches to his self-produced web that changes the properties when he shoots it.
>>
>>93979685
I meant that even though Superman has a strong and obvious connection to his homeworld, and the sun, he doesn't base his whole image on them.

Meanwhile, Peter decides that after having been bit a spider on the day he gains superpowers, that he should look and act like a spider, and go as far to make web shooters for that purpose.
>>
>>93979810
I'm not him I'm ridiculing him using your comment
>>
File: 1460865578929.png (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1460865578929.png
31KB, 400x400px
>>93979316
Read it in his voice
>>
>>93979827
>impyling
>>
>>93979850
I don't know how anyone would have gathered that.
>>
File: Kirbys_Spiderman_page2b.jpg (119KB, 650x564px) Image search: [Google]
Kirbys_Spiderman_page2b.jpg
119KB, 650x564px
>>93979841
>>
>>93979824
explain that to the uneducated masses
>>
>>93979898
I am, I'm explaining it to you.
>>
>>93979071
>>93979612
Spitting spiders launch a silk concoction from spinnerets near their fangs. Ogre faced spiders produce a web which they then proceed to entrap prey with. Bola spiders make lines of silk with a sticky glob at the end to chuck at and ensnare prey. Shut the fuck up and do some research before you talk out of your ass.
>>
>>93979868
yeah, I should have taken my time.
>>
>>93978898
>literally used them in the comics concurrent with the film
>still uses them today
>also uses them in the new movies, literally 2 franchises removed from organic
You are the oldfag
>>
>>93979245
He tried to sell the webbing as an adhesive but companies weren't interested in it considering it wears off so quick. But as a temporary bandage the webbing would probably make a bundle
>>
>>93979923
I would appreciate that.
>>
>>93979910
explaining your exceptional social inadequacies and mild autism as you are unable to interpret even the mildest of jokes in written form?
>>
>>93979965
>i was pretending to be retarded
Mm hmm.
>>
File: 1471472586934.jpg (761KB, 944x1048px) Image search: [Google]
1471472586934.jpg
761KB, 944x1048px
>>93979178
>Spider-Man is a mutate with latent awoken abilities
>>
I think mechanical is better, he can use custom webbing.
>>
>>93978787
Bio-webbing is fucking nasty. Look at that weird slit on his inner wrist. Sometimes they show it looking like a sphincter or a little node poking out. That shit shouldn't be there. Also, there's no problem with Peter being smart enough to engineer web shooters. In case people hadn't noticed, smart people come up with absurdly advanced inventions in the Marvel Universe all the time.
>>
>>93978845
This. I like the Raimi movies but they're wrong and mechanical is right, that's all there is to it. And it's sad that that movie came out fifteen years ago and all these organic shooter fools still haven't picked up a damn comic book.
>>
>>93978845
This.
>>
>>93978787
would a fair compromise be Peter makes his own web that gets filtered through that hole in his wrist straight into the web shooter because it helps Pete control his webbing and shoot it far out to buildings or villains and it also is their to help make the web into different shapes and objects
>>
>>93979717
>pluck out his eyes
Shut the fuck up, Neil deGrasse Tyson
>>
>>93978787
>organic web shooter
Peter is a well-adjusted adult, that accepts the effects of being mutated by a spider, and adopts the persona of Spiderman.

>mechanical web shooter
Peter is a disgusting neet with an unhealthy obsession with spiders. Probably made the costume before he even got powers to go to a furry convention.
>>
>>93978787
If it's organic he needs some sort of glands to produce web. This means he can occasionally ran out of web because of illness, bad mood or hormonal spike the same way we can ran out of saliva.

It's much easier with mechanical device. If it's broken you fix it, if it's empty you reload it. Also means you can upgrade it any time you want.
>>
>>93980094
fair in terms of realism? sure I guess, even though that's not all that important in comics

it would explain how he has such an advanced material *and* such a convenient way to shoot it

but you're still left with one awkward question: what part of peter's body exactly is it all supposed to come out of?
>>
File: IMG_1203.jpg (86KB, 468x858px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1203.jpg
86KB, 468x858px
>>93980094
A fair compromise would be that he grew spinnerets behind his rectum, that emerge right above his anal sphincter. Every night, he milks this gland by massaging his anus to obtain more spider-silk, which he collects and then loads into his web shooters to use on criminals the next day.

I think this is the kind of best-of-both-worlds solution that will satisfy everyone.
>>
>>93980186
yeah, see... this is what I was talking about above
>>
>>93978787

Both.

Peter finds out he can shoot webs first after feeling weird and putting too much pressure on his arm (to show that when he concentrates there that's where the web comes out. In an area that's useful to a human in comparison to a real spider where it comes out of its butt.)

Peter can use his webs a little bit but not for as long as he wants it to. This inspires him to create the webshooter to add onto/enhance his own webs or replace it when he runs out. Starting off with organic webs is what allows him to make the synthetic webs in the first place. At one point he almost uses his biological web as a backup to his artificial webs since he's not used to it anymore and probably drains him of his energy.
>>
File: 1400372113155.jpg (20KB, 192x187px) Image search: [Google]
1400372113155.jpg
20KB, 192x187px
Clearly we should get rid of webbing completely and swap to wrist mounted devices that fire and retract microwidth wires.
>>
>>93980182
>but you're still left with one awkward question: what part of peter's body exactly is it all supposed to come out of?
yeah I never liked the organic webbing they should just stick to those Lee and Ditko comics they were perfect and they should be a blueprint moving forward

>>93980186
thank you for your erotic fan fiction anon... now i have the image of mj and gwen helping peter milk his glands
>>
>>93980305
>thank you for your erotic fan fiction anon
Any time
>now i have the image of mj and gwen helping peter milk his glands
Part of me wonders now if that's something someone has written actual fanfiction about.
>>
>>93979352
Why does Batman dress up like a bat?
>>
>>93980281
Why? Webbing is way more versatile.
>>
>>93979608
>-Keep in mind though that I'm a crazy outlier and I like the idea that spider-man's current powers are just very superficial, early-symptom, mutations/abilities and that through time, practice, and discipline he could awaken or otherwise branch into further useful mutations: more arms, more eyes, neato retractable venomous fangs, etc.. As he fights an internal conflict between devolving into a giant spider to have the power to save and protect people vs retaining his humanity for it's convenience.
Finally, another person that wants this!
>>
>>93979920
This. The ways that different spiders have evolved to use their webs is amazing and awe inspiring. It shouldn't take you chest slapping retards more that a half hour to learn this basic shit, yet you refuse to acknowledge any spider beyond orb weavers, tarantulas, and jumpers. Research shit you fools, you might learn something incredible.
>>
>>93978787
Organic.

Mechanical web shooters would be better if they didn't require special cartridges. Using web-goo or lack thereof as a plot device is contrived as fuck.
>>
File: sps48.jpg (81KB, 549x401px) Image search: [Google]
sps48.jpg
81KB, 549x401px
Both, always both
It ties him more thematically to a spider to actually produce web and it shows Peter's intelligence that he is able to create a device to enhance and capitalize on his new ability as well as giving you an excuse to add in more gimmick webs if you want it

Like my ideal is that Pete find out he can produce web but not project it so he build a device to shoot it, then he find out he can't produce a lot of it so he builds a bioreactor to synthesize it and carries cartridges full of this web fluid for back up
>>
Spider-Man doesn't have spider powers. He uses the whole spider gimmick because he was bitten by a radioactive spider and thought it was neat. Hell he could have dressed up as any creature who can climb and as strong. Should've been Ape-Man.
>>
>>93979245
And we have become exceedingly efficient at it.
>>
>>93979109
I defy you to have wall crawling abilities and not find them infinitely useful. I mean you could be the best damn window cleaner in the world, imagine that shit for a second, youcould make a fortune cause all you'd need is some special gear to prevent smudging and nothing else. Just pocket all the spare cash. You probably couldn't do skyscrapers, but anything from 3 to 5 stories would be a cake walk.
>>
>>93980329
It's the future, anon. Why do we need that silly webbing at all?

Spiderman should also be a woman and a lesbian, but we'll be keeping the name Spiderman.
>>
>>93980482

TransSpider
>>
>>93980507
Spider-Trans
>>
>>93978787
i like both

i like mechanical because it showcases parker's intelligence

i like organic because most of his powers aren't spider-related
>>
>>93979608
>I know a lot of people get upset about, "well why would he shoot them from his wrists?" and my answer to that is: it doesn't have to make sense scientifically, it just has to make sense thematically or contextually.
No, it should make some sense in more than just a thematic way. His enhanced strength, agility, and sense of impending danger all seem plausible. Him shooting web organically out of his wrist goes way beyond what's plausible. It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>93978787
Organic. Web shooters are a retarded idea.
>>
>>93980673
>His enhanced strength, agility, and sense of impending danger all seem plausible
Not really

>Him shooting web organically out of his wrist goes way beyond what's plausible. It just doesn't make any sense.
Not really. If you're willing to take his origin, take the fact that there are shape shifting aliens and a stretchy guy that's so smart it's like he';s using magic... then what's the problem? why are you so obsessed with ass web shooting?
>>
>>93980673
Cyclops shooting lazer out his face doesn't make any sense either but you accept it because he is A. a mutant and B. it's a comicbook
If you want an example of a mutate look at Hulk, Banner turning into a giant monster man after getting hit with the force of a billion microwave ovens doesn't make any fucking sense
Peter getting cool organic webshooters isn't entirely farfetched in comparison and yes is more thematically appropriate to a character who is supposed to have gotten his powers from a spider
>>
>>93978787
Organic all the way. Why would he not have the ability that spiders are most known for?
>>
>>93980692
>having a mechanical device that can dispense web-like material is retarded but inexplicably gaining a web shooting sac embedded in your wrist isn't
I seriously can't understand how any of you think that makes any sense. You might as well have it on his elbow or his neck.
>>
>>93980764
>inexplicably
He got bitten by a radioactive spider, numbnuts. It's comic book logic, deal with it. And yes, it's better than having a stupid gizmo on his wrist that anyone can have. Web shooting is the most spider like thing he has and that's not even something unique to him, he just does it with tech?
>>
>>93978845
Plus mechanical actually makes more sense, if his own body produced the silk he'd quickly run out just crossing NYC and have to go slam a protein shake or something and wait for his body to replenish.
>>
>>93980784
>that anyone can have
I don't understand why that's a problem. Anyone can have the technology Batman uses too, that doesn't invalidate Batman as a character.
>>
>>93978787
If he can just make a web shooter why doesn't he just make something not garbage like a gun lol
>>
>"Spider-man, Spider-man! Does whatever a spider can!"
>spiders shoot webs naturally
>Spider-man can't

Justify this.
>>
>>93980816
>needing to make a gun
He doesn't live in Europe, he can just buy a gun.
>>
>>93980823
It doesn't say "does naturally whatever a spider can." You're creating a faulty premise by trying to slip in the word "naturally" when that's a however thing, not a whatever thing. What he does is what a spider can do and how he does it is in part mechanically.
>>
People get more worked up over web shooters than tranny muslim peter parker
>>
>>93979832
this
>>
File: 1-2.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1-2.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
What if he had both actually? He had natural spider silk making powers, but only in one hand, and he wanted to recreate it, so he built a machine that does it.
>>
Goddamn, all these bothfags are even worse than organicfags. At least organicfags have a real opinion. You idiots are prime examples of the middle ground fallacy. Either that or you just don't want to have a discussion, yet still want to feel superior about your lack of a stance.
>>
>>93978787
I feel like choosing organic just because of how obnoxious mechanicalfags are. But they both have their merits, honestly. Mechanical shooters are a constant demonstration of his brains, and organic shooters are like the missing ingredient to a thematically appropriate powerset. The "running out of webs" things for tension can be used by either, really. There's no reason he can't produce copious amounts of web until it's time to cheaply raise the stakes in a fight. It's not like his powers ever made any sense.
>>
>>93979178
>His agility is not something a spider has
Some types of Spiders are actually very agile.
>>
>>93980823
There are multiple species of spiders that actually don't shoot webs
>>
>>93980938
>He had natural spider silk making powers, but only in one hand, and he wanted to recreate it, so he built a machine that does it.

I think I'd hate that even more, if only because he wasn't SYMMETRIC.
>>
>>93980938
I have no issues with it being one or the other, but your suggestion's lack of symmetry is rustling my jimmies pretty damn hard
>>
>>93980803
Batman doesn't have powers, Spider-man does. Idiot.
>>
>>93981015
This. heres an example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider
>>
>>93981039
>Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive huntsman spider
>does cartwheels around new york to get around
>hides in sewers and jumps out to assault criminals with paralyzing bites
>sleeps in the glove compartment of uncle ben's old truck
>>
>>93981015
And some fly. Why doesn't Peter fly?
>>
>>93981036
That's irrelevant. Having powers doesn't mean you shouldn't use technology. Xavier used Cerebro.
>>
>>93981132
>That's irrelevant
Top lel are you retarded?
>>
>>93981149
You're retarded. Xavier has powers and he used technology. Having powers is irrelevant to whether or not you should use technology. Try making an argument next time.
>>
>>93979072
He (or was it Ben, I forget) made webbing on a 20 dollar budget. That's well within the range of a "part-time high school kid".
>>
>his powers arent spider related
>Transforms into a giant mutaded spider Monster when his mutation goes wrong
>>
>>93978787
Mechanical shows Peter's ingenuity, but asks the question "Why did he stop there? Why not do a Tony Stark if he can invent such revolutionary tech as a teenager?"
I always liked Peter as nerdy rather than genius. With that in mind, I prefer organic, even if it's not how it was first written. It makes more sense to how I see the character.
>>
>>93981178
Confirmed retarded.
>>
>>93978787
if spider-man actually had spider powers he would have the following abilities
>ability to go months without air, food, or water
>extreme jumping power, specific to leaping and not an extension of general strength
>ability to generate and inject deadly venom
>amazing pheremone powers
>>
>>93981102

>Peter is bitten by a radioactive spider
>Doubles in size
>Runs at criminals with insane speed while screaming at them
>Is always trying to seek shade from the hot sun during the day
>>
>>93981256

A radioactive camel spider*
>>
>>93981247
A new spider hero with these abilities would be really interesting actually.
>>
>>93978787
Both. He should produce the web/fluid organically, but need the shooters to shoot it.
I always felt it was weird that Peter was able to produce a substance such as the web-fluid at his shitty budget, but I also felt that the web shooters was an integral part in showing his intelligence and ingenuity.
>>
>>93981240
Great non-argument. I hope you get the chance to reflect on why you were wrong later when you're less preoccupied with trying to look cool on an anime website.
>>
I prefer mechanical webshooters. Though for a very different reason. To me, mechanical webshooters help with his secret identity. You organicfags can go on and on about your spinerettes and shit but I see that as a weakness, a threat that exposes him as Spider-man. I mean, picture him getting it on with whichever piece of ass is supposed to be his girlfriend for this arc, and there's no dramatic tension for Peter to think if he should reveal that he's Spider-man to this girl. They just get naked in bed and she fucking notices that her boyfriend has holes on his body that isn't his penis that produces sticky white stuff , and boom, identity exposed, just like that.
>>
>>93981256
>Peter is bitten by a radioactive black widow
>is eaten by Mary Jane
>>
reminder that the spider that bites Peter wasn't a normal spider. Spiders have super strength compared to their body and are pretty agilize. Peter's spider was kinda like a a super soldier serum powered spider.

Btw, I prefer mechanical, specially when he uses different kinds of webs for different situations
>>
>>93978945
>He's SPIDER-man
shit argument. His super powers came before the name in every single origin story.
>>
>>93981381
Why is another way for him to be exposed a bad thing in regards to storytelling? I mean, yeah it sucks for him and any reader who wants to get laid vicariously through him, but it would put a different angle on things we've already seen. To be intimate with anyone, he pretty much HAS to reveal his identity.
>>
>>93981629
Or wear wristbands during sex.
>>
>>93981629
Because that takes away choice for him. He can choose to deepen his bond with that person he fucks by sharing his dual life with them, or keep them unaware (and in Peter's mind, safe from harm) by keeping them oblivious to his being a super hero. Give him arm vaginas and that second option is out the window.
>>
>>93978911
This.
>>
File: 1500440302671.jpg (558KB, 1698x1581px) Image search: [Google]
1500440302671.jpg
558KB, 1698x1581px
>>93978787
Ever since he got organic web I liked it, but hated how Peter's various web formulas would never come about. I like the idea of Peter having organic web, but not being able to shoot more than a couple of feet. Peter would build the web shooter that would both shoot web and be able to spray the web with the various chemical formulas he creates. So I pick the side that doesn't exit: Fusion.
>>
>>93979412
He made the webshooters in his room in highschool, I'm sure he has the time and resources to make some other shit later in his life as well
>>
>>93981673
I mean, he can make the same choice but before the fuckin starts. Fuckin isn't all there is to a relationship, but when he chooses to fuck it's more meaningful because it necessarily entails revealing himself. And of course there would be tension when whatever girl he's with is DTF but he's not sure he wants to reveal himself to her. But yeah, still a choice. A choice with more weight, but still a choice.
>>
>>93981801
That's the thing though. He can't have "She's DTF but I don't want to let her know I'm Spidey" option any more. So from there on out he has to blueball himself with every girl that wants to jump his cock that he for one reason or another doesn't want to drag into his dual life.
>>
File: 1436722894132.png (303KB, 470x419px) Image search: [Google]
1436722894132.png
303KB, 470x419px
My question is does spiderman really need to be a super genius inventor who makes webshooters?

Like, I get that he is in the comics, but does it really add all that much to his character? To me spiderman is all about a regular joe, with regular problems like bullies and high school crushes who gets these great powers and uses them to help the people as much as he can, because he's a good kid and also his uncle died. He's kinda supposed to be us if we got super powers, not like millionaire playboy batman or norse god Thor. Making him reed richards 2.0 kinda takes away from that idea in my opinion, there's plenty of ways to show him as a nerdy guy without him being a super genius
>>
>>93978787
Organic webs that need a machine to properly spin them
>>
>>93981840
You're still equating a relationship and sex.

>He can choose to deepen his bond with that person he fucks by sharing his dual life with them, or keep them unaware (and in Peter's mind, safe from harm) by keeping them oblivious to his being a super hero.
Can easily be changed to
>He can choose to deepen his bond with that person by sharing his dual life with them, or keep them unaware (and in Peter's mind, safe from harm) by keeping them oblivious to his being a super hero.

It's the same thing, the choice just happens before P in V. And honestly, why is Peter dealing with his blueballs bad from a reader's perspective? If everything was peachy keen for Pete, no one would want to read his book. He'd be fucking Miles, and no one wants that. We're interested in his struggles and how he deals with them. And when he does finally get it in, it's more cathartic because it suddenly has way more meaning.

All that said, to be honest I don't really know how he can hide his existing powers during sex. They're a little less obvious than webbing but I feel like you'd still know something was up.
>>
>>93981984
>You're still equating a relationship and sex.

No I'm not. I'm equating sex to a gateway on how far Spidey wants to involve someone into his life.
>>
how does he even stick to walls? whats causing that ability to be used through his outfit? i never understood that part.
>>
>>93982029
used to be teeny tiny spider craps, hence why his bombastic bagman outfit has no shoes. Nowadays it's some form of tactile telekinesis.
>>
>>93982000
>I'm equating sex to a gateway on how far Spidey wants to involve someone into his life.
Well that doesn't change either way. Only the degree changes, and his challenge would be getting that level of involvement that usually involves banging without banging. Or otherwise jumping straight into the deep end when he feels he's ready or more likely before. It's not really a problem. For us. It's huge for him.
>>
>>93982029
In the Raimi movies he had little hairs, which like a real spider would create a van der Waals force... and since they're enhanced, presumably they can lift a grown man. Or something. His costume would have to be thin or permeable enough for them to go through.

The handbook has some kind of "atomic attraction" explanation.

Spider-Magic.
>>
>>93982080

That's the thing though, fucking isn't necessarily deepening a relationship. Which is why I find it a fucking problem that Peter can't have a one night stand without going "oh by the way I'm Spider-man".
>>
>>93978787
>Peter naturally produces the vital component of web-fluid naturally through sweat glands but needs shooters to fire them

Pure artificial web shooters are a massive plothole because every single cop and hero should have them.
>>
>>93979407
As I recall an alternate universe Peter was able to train his spider sense to literally see the future, but I can't seem to find the comic right now. But I think it has something to do with Madame Web.
>>
>>93982096
Why is Peter having one night stands at all important? That's trivial compared to the other shit Pete has to deal with. There's no way around it; sex would simply become more meaningful to him. Of fucking course he's not going to blow his secret on some rando sluts. If he has that desire- hey, there's the tension. That's a problem for Pete, though, not me, the person reading his story. How he deals with that problem is the story. That's true of every problem Peter has. Which is why I can't see why this would be a dealbreaker. It's just another thing he has to deal with being Spider-Man.
>>
>>93982029
His hands and feet become literal magnets to everything, sticking with electromagnetic force.
>>
I go for mechanical for one reason, and one reason only. Specialty web. Organic can't shoot taser web, or high impact webbing, or extra strength web, or whatever he needs. They can only shoot out the one kind of web at all times.

As for the "why not both" argument, that's just too convoluted to be fun.
>>
>>93982235
>Why is Peter having one night stands at all important?

You ask silly questions of why, I ask you, why not? He's supposed to be some sort of stand in for the everyman right? Well the everyman can and does have one night stands, as well as deeply commited sexual relationships, and deeply committed non sexual ones. So why not give him the ability to have those trysts without having to overshare?
>>
organic with backup web shooters for when parker's powers run out for some stupid fucking reason. it makes him seem more superhuman but also with a weakness that he has to counteract.

webshooter only fags are just tacticool retards
>>
File: shot web.jpg (28KB, 288x266px) Image search: [Google]
shot web.jpg
28KB, 288x266px
>>
>>93982259
Unfortunately Slott vomiting out Silk into the Marvel Universe renders this moot.
>>
>>93982259
>Organic can't shoot taser web
Go back to /tv/ and stay there

>As for the "why not both" argument, that's just too convoluted to be fun.
Convoluted? How? All it does is explain why Peter is the only person using one of the best non lethal weapons/adhesives ever designed. If web fluid can be cheaply made it should be in every hardware store on the planet.
>>
>>93979920
Way to ignore None of them shoot out of their wrist vaginas
>>
>>93982263
Hey, you're the one saying one or the other is a problem. I'm arguing the point that it doesn't matter.

And really, the everyman thing falls flat on its face when you're talking about a guy who moonlights as a genius spandex-clad bug-themed superhero. To make him strictly an everyman you would have to ignore everything that makes him interesting.

Being Spider-Man is obviously going to complicate his life in ways Joe Blow will not relate to 1:1, but everyone relates to having a secret. Many people have issues with intimacy and commitment. He can still have relationships, the sticking point for you is the sex. And yes, that is a problem for him and he would react how any man would react. That's the story.

But we're talking in circles now and I'm tired. I've stayed up way too late arguing about the importance of Spider-Man getting laid. Agree to disagree.
>>
>>93982408
Isn't throwing away his scientific acumen and ingenuity by nixing his webshooters part of ignoring what makes him interesting though?
>>
>>93982354
Would you prefer I mention his acid web, ice web, his concrete web, or his lead lined web? Point is, Spidey's had a lot of specialty web over the years.
>>
>>93982259
>that's just too convoluted to be fun.
It functionally makes no difference, it's just flavor. You could say it's unnecessary flavor and you'd have a point, but it's no more complex for him to use a natural supply of webbing to feed into the shooters than to concoct it himself. Actually, having to concoct it himself adds a layer of complexity. You've got the mechanical shooters AND the chemical formulation to deal with. But he can still run out of organic webs, he can still science himself up some spinneret mods, and the action pretty much remains unchanged. You only really actively think about the web shooters when they become a plot point anyway. What's happening under the hood is out of sight out of mind most of the time.
>>
>>93982453
Unfortunately that's been rendered moot by the introduction of Silk. Ever since Spider-verse we've seen organic webs that can be used to create all sorts of colored clothing, be insulated, be porous to create an air bag, or provide protection from radiation exposure.
>>
>>93982453
A combo between mech and organic allows for all the specialized chemical mixed webs. And Silk is able to naturally produce specialized webs so that argument doesn't really matter anymore
>>
>>93979827
Not piss exactly, but he certainly marks his 'territories'
>>
>>93978845
Yes. Thanks for being a true Spider-Fan.
>>
>>93981871
He needs it for the nerds who self-insert into him to make themselves feel smarter than they actually are which is followed by having a supermodel girl friend.

I actually like him as above average, just enough to be witty but making him in the top 10? Nah. it doesn't add anything to his character.
>>
>Spider-man can make web fluid strong enough to stop Rhino and slow down the Hulk on a 20 dollar budget

There's genius and then there's Macgyver shit. That's Macgyver shit.
>>
Organic removes the agency in Peter becoming Spider-Man.
>>
>>93978787
why cant be both?

peter mutation make his body products the web, but is just a white goo useless, and we need a Device to control firing, pressure and consistency
>>
>>93981871
It adds to the idea that his failures are 100% his personal hangups. On top of that, academic brilliance being paired with social incompetence is common and the Marvel U scales intelligence differently than real life. It also conveys that Peter absolutely could have been successful if he never got powers, no question.

It's like the classic epic heroes: their superhuman traits make their flaws more apparent and relatable.
>>
>>93978945
>He's SPIDER-man, not"some-insect-like-man"

Wow, just how BATman isn't actually a bat?
>>
>>93979316
>Being this casual
>>
I prefer both. He discovers the chemical makeup of his own extremely limited self produced web-fluid, and creates an even better hybrid.
>>
>>93985741
this just sounds dirty and lewd :^)
i like it
>>
>>93978787
We don't actually have to choose one because there's multiple Spider-Men in 616 alone. Why does Peter need to have ALL the spider powers?
>>
Mechanical, of course. Organical looks kind of disgusting with that wrist-anus/pussy.
Also, they only come with that "Spider produces his own web" because they were lazy to adapt the web-shooters to the big screen. There was never a trouble in the comics.
>>
>>93979832

Fucking thank you. Why does everything have to erupt in a goddamn pissing match.
>>
>>93980057

I've read the comic for almost a decade, faggot. Even back issues from the 70s and 80s. Good shit and enjoyed it but I prefer organic webbing. Get fucked.
>>
>>93978845
This.
>>
File: latest-1.jpg (122KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.jpg
122KB, 1600x1200px
alright first off, we know mechanical is the right one so this thread is not necessary.
second of all, let's examine it not by comic book accuracy, but by logic.
If Peter really got "spider" abilities, why did he gain super strength and wall crawling (an ability which would need a bunch of hair on his hands to work) but not natural webs?
>inb4 only female spiders make webs
considering this is a superhero comic, why not let Peter break the rules with that a little? furthermore I know the Web shooters are supposed to showcase peter's genius, but it's not like that's the only thing Peter designed or invented. as I said before mechanical is comic book accurate (I read the comics, so relax and calm your mantits) but I honestly feel that him at least producing a portion of Web silk (that can be launched an repulsed by at least a special Web shooter, so we can have the best of both worlds) adds more believability to "does whatever a spider can". with the abilities he naturally got, he just as easily could've been daredevil for all we know (thanks to spider sense), that's how unspidery his abilities are to me when compared to webs (not saying it isn't spidery at all). Even though Miles is a divisive character, he st least has a natural ability very related to spiders- venom strike.
just a few thoughts I wanted to share. I'm tired of thinking the "right" way and not for myself
>>
>>93980330

That sounds pretty awesome. This is what The Other storyline should have been.
>>
>>93981738
seems the best but fuck off summerfags
>>
>>93985741
Because
>>93985688

Peter just assumed it must be the spider and essentially forced himself into something stupid because of it. This informs so much of Peter's character it isn't even funny. If the web's were organic, Peter wouldn't have been jumping to conclusions, he wouldn't have the choice to just change his moniker, he wouldn't be able to walk away from being Spider-Man. He'd always be the guy with the webs.
>>
>248 posts and counting
>none of them address how spidey produces pre-crisscrossed webs.

Mechanical is the only way to go.

>>93979338
That's literally why he wears the belt. Lore up, man.

>>93982029
Original canon was his pores acted like tiny suction cups. The hairs actually made more sense outside of the current atomic cohesion thing.
>>
>>93978845
This. Literally only Raimifags are the only morons who make these stupid threads.
>>
The purpose of the mechanical webbing is showcasing the innate potential Peter already had before being empowered.

Anyone else with the powers shouldn't do as well is the point. He developed equipment and tools that enhanced his effectivity as Spider-man.

This adds worth and dimension to his character. He is worthy of the powers because he makes more of them than others would. His aptitude and intelligence gives him a depth an precedent than organically explains how he is able to overcome obstacles that his powers alone would not be able.

Having them be mechanical is also much more logical when you take into account all the different feats, shapes and types of webbing he has used in the past.

Also, it avoids some panel where he'll be exerting himself, spraying webbing to his maximum "organic" output, and the awful avalanche of porn memes that would bring about.
>>
>>93978845
>15 year old kid in poverty doesn't sell the technology or idea for his invention for money
Yeah no. Organic makes more sense.
>>
>>93978845
mechanical. Organic wouldnt have instant kill mode or be able to shoot electricity or 700 other settings
>>
>Jump off building
>All energy is focused on a bracelet
>Pull hand off
Alternatively:
>Web on to window
>Pull window out of frame
>fug :DDD
>>
>>93988286
Why would Peter need to kill people with a web?
>>
>>93978787
Mechanical.

>253 replies
How the fuck can this be the great debate? this shit's dumber than Xavier's hoverchair.
>>
>>93988581
sometimes there are things you need to kill which are not people
like animals
and the abominable Mindless Ones, dread servants of demons
>>
>>93988725
>Xavier's hoverchair.
explain
>>
>>93988225
>15 year old kid is a fucking idiot, runs around in underwear instead of becoming a cop or an athlete.
>>
>>93979182
It's been brought up before that Peter doesn't even have "Spider Powers" he has "Radioactive Powers" he chose to adopt a spider theme because it was the spider that transmitted the radioactivity to him/his blood.
>>
>>93988860
It's orange and everyone agrees.
>>
File: summer myth.jpg (86KB, 960x886px) Image search: [Google]
summer myth.jpg
86KB, 960x886px
>>93979085
>>
>>93979529
Heh
>>
>>93986049
>browsing /co/
>not being a casual
Pick one.
>>
>>93988225
Remember that he did tried to sell it. Nobody wanted because it dissolved after a couple of hours.
>>
>>93988225

Do you even know his origin story?

He WAS just going to make money, then shit went down.
>>
>>93990929
In The Last Avengers Story's reality, he eventually sold it to 3M and made a mint.

What it comes down to though is just another expression of the whole "great responsibility" shtick. Remember he was already making easy money as a pro wrestler before the Uncle Ben incident, after which it was a question of what does it profit a man to gain the world if he should lose his soul?
>>
are mechanical anons actually retarded? I'm seriously worried about this mundane idea that it has to be accurate 100% percent in a fucking comicbook and that him inventing the webshooter is the only way to make him look smart.
>>
>>93992605
>pro wrestler
Raimi only.

He was just a curio performer doing weird tricks in 616.
>>
I prefer him producing his own web because it feels odd that he has to create web shooters even though he got bitten by a radioactive spider. Imagine Superman inventing laser glasses to have laser vision.
>>
I like self-produced web because it's more akin to a spider. Without it Peter might as well call himself "Climbingman".

One thing that's a minus it's that it's weird that it comes from his hands, that probably doesn't make sense.
>>
>Organicfags can't even read the thread before posting.
>>
>>93992760
Half right. Amazing Fantasy #15, his first appearance, he creates a Spiderman outfit to enter a contest. Stay three minutes in the ring with Crusher Hogan. After that wrestling match he got a spot on a TV show.
>>
>>93978963
kek mate im crying laughing
>>
>>93993528
Fuck me, I somehow convinced myself that ASM1 just repeated AF15's version of this stuff point for point.

As far as I know we've never gotten an adaptation of Peter stopping the shuttle with John inside. Shame.
>>
>>93982273
underrated post
>>
Mechanical web shooters are a crutch for easy drama, but they also lend themselves to creative use from time to time, so I prefer them. I like organic webbing, but mechanical has distinct advantages when it comes to story. I will say, though, that mechanical web shooters should be where technology kit ends with Spidey. Mechanical suits aren't for me.
>>
>>93978845
Without the organic webbing, his only power is literally sticking to walls. A competant climber can do that shit, or anyone with proper gear and equipment can do that shit, and in the marvel universe, that shit is everywhere. Organic web shooters goes a long way to legitimatizing his spider prowess.
>>
>>93978845
Thank you.
Do people realize the web would have to come out of his ass for it to make any sense?
>>
File: Spider_Man.jpg (151KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Spider_Man.jpg
151KB, 1024x768px
This is kinda dumb, but I always thought it was weird that he'd wear the webshooters under his gloves but it didn't look like he had them on because there was no bulge.
>>
>>93996006
I'd guess he puts padding on the inside of the suit's wrists to keep the webshooters from breaking, and make his arm look smoother.
>>
>>93980673
It makes sense to get bitten by a spider and get enhanced strength, agility, and foresight? That's plausible, but any sort of mutation beyond basic boring powers, that's just not sensical?
>>
Mechanical webshooters are more versatile, since you can alter how it works in various ways.
>>
>>93978787
Web shooters.
Organic web shooters don't make sense, because spiders make webs out their ass, not their limbs
>>
Why not both?

His mutation creates the webs but his intelligence forges a machine that extracts and launches them with precision.

Imagine if you were smart enough to build a machine that allowed you to spit with the aim and force of a bullet.
>>
>>93978787
i prefer webshooter due to alowing more variety than just web shooting
peter can make special things like impact webbing, web traps and special variations aimed at specific villians like the garlic webbing he used against morbius
>>
>>93979245
Peter is a terrible business
>>
>>93978787
Yaas wrist pusst
>>
>>93996674
man
>>
>>93981738
I like this one. It presents a chance to show off Peter's intelligence, while also giving him something that seems more like an actual mutation. Plus, it presents the possibility of Peter using his mind to conquer and utilize his own powers in unique ways.
>>
>>93979827
To be fair, panthers don't exist.

What you think is a panther is either a black leopard or a black jaguar (often the former, as they stalk their prey) and you can still see the spot patterns on them
>>
>>93978787

I personally prefer the organic semen-throwers for the Metaphor-For-Puberty-Boy.
>>
>web fluid automatically dissolves in a matter of hours

Why would organic webbing ever dissolve though? It should last forever which would make it really inconvenient and make Spidey a very unpopular hero who litters.
>>
>>93996674
People really underestimate how fucking stupid Peter is.
>>
Organics is disgusting, he'd be cum-man, spitting his bodily fluids all over his enemies.
>>
Mechanical. Because Spider-Man has mechanical shooters.

Changing it would make it not-Spider-Man. Deal with it.
>>
>>93979444
pretty sure you're thinking of flying squirrels there.
>>
>>93988225
how is it even possible to be this retarded
>>
>>93985901
I don't understand this argument.
What "bat powers" does Batman ever have? He's just a normal guy with money.

Spiderman was bitten by a radioactive spider. It granted him spider-specific powers like proportional super strength and the ability to climb walls, but then his signature spider-ability has nothing to do with his spider-granted superpowers at all? If he wasn't smart enough to invent the web-slinger, he would be just be "Stickerman" or some shit. Seems a little weird for a dude who gained powers from a spider.

A better argument would be to point out that Spiderman doesn't have venomous fangs, or multiple eyes and limbs. Clearly the spider powers weren't all inclusive.
>>
>>93979178

he was bitten by a radioactive spider. maybe the spider was mutated.
>>
>>93978845
With the power creep of all his descendant spiders Peter should be given organic webs.
>>
File: considerTheHomering.jpg (109KB, 569x428px) Image search: [Google]
considerTheHomering.jpg
109KB, 569x428px
If word got out that the web shooters were mechanical, DARPA would be all over Spiderman's ass.

>PETER PARKER BUILT THESE IN HIS AUNT'S BASEMENT
>FROM A BOX OF SCRAPS
>>
It's pretty silly that a teenage would be able to develop that stuff desu, especially today with cameras and censors everywhere.

Organic just makes more sense.
>>
>>93978845
First post stupidest post.
>>
>>93978787
I prefer mechanical.

Organic is just gross
>>
File: This.png (40KB, 392x200px) Image search: [Google]
This.png
40KB, 392x200px
>>93978845
>>
>itt people who forgot the other
>>
>>93979474

>Wrong

Half right. Bats need a high place to take off and can't fly from the ground.
>>
>>93978945
He doesn't have spider powers you fucking dolt, he has generic radioactive man powers that he branded well.
>>
File: 1299136438054.jpg (100KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1299136438054.jpg
100KB, 600x800px
>>93979296
Spiders use their back legs to manipulate their webs. Not their front legs or "hands" in this case. Spiderman doesn't fucking do everything with his feet. It makes sense for the web to come out of the part of him that will actually be touching the web the most. Like, a, spider.

Anyone who uses the argument "it should come out of his ass" should pull their head out of their own ass first.
>>
File: 23i9.png (105KB, 519x437px) Image search: [Google]
23i9.png
105KB, 519x437px
>>93978787
Mechanical for Peter

Organic for Kaine

everyone wins
>>
>>94001769

Well A. He hides his identity. B. They're pretty low tier compared to some of the other tech flying around New York.
>>
>>93978845
Agree mechanical can bring in web cartridges that can shoot different webbing also doesn't naturally created webbing be exhausting let alone I'm sure if he was sick would also be effected.
>>
>>93978787

Both. Organically he can only produce so much silk, before tiring out. By milking the glands on his downtime, he is able to store silkmass as a buffer, and use the mechanic thingamabob to inject it back into the gland.

This is why he can make a fucking device in his mothers basement, and why it doesnt work for others.
>>
>>94004148

also, as spiderman is now a nigger.. it doesnt matter.

fuck spiderman. abandon ship.
>>
>>94004148

Came here to say this, hell you could even have different versions of it as his budget increased. It allows you to write situations where he loses his ability to thwip out of danger, but still allows him some utility. It ups his creepy factory. Best of all worlds.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.