[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marvel needs a fresh reboot. Maybe a Secret Wars-esque event

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: MarvelLogo.svg.png (24KB, 1200x482px) Image search: [Google]
MarvelLogo.svg.png
24KB, 1200x482px
Marvel needs a fresh reboot. Maybe a Secret Wars-esque event that leads into a complete reset.

>get rid of the obvious sjw pandering and the like, don't make characters just to appease a quota
>fix the cosmic hierarchy, don't make the living tribunal get killed by two lesser entities
>reboot classic characters like spider-man, captain america, iron man, etc. in the forms that people know them in best.
>>
>>93961421
>Have been at least 80% shit for a decade
>still #1 publisher
They really don't need to do shit.
>>
A reboot isn't what they need.
>>
>>93961451
>still #1 publisher
yeah no
>>
Maybe the fact that they have to "reboot" things every once in a while is the problem and not the solution.
>>
>>93961592
They literally are, they're usually the comic company with the largest market share, and with their shitty tactics they bump themselves up to the top of monthly sales charts too.
Until comic fans stop buying the most accessable comics they'll stay #1 and not much else will be done.
>>
>>93961619
They haven't had more than 2 or 3 titles in the top 10 best sellers for a very long time now, they literally have to make another shitty event to bump the sales. On the other hand there are like 4 Batman titles in the top 15 all the time.
>>
>>93961685
You're thinking weekly sales, Marvel double ships shit to boost numbers all the time. Marvel's market share % is almost always higher than DC's on a monthly basis.
>>
>>93961421
They had a chance with rebirth and they decided to double down on it. They've made their bed, fuck it, let them lie in it.
>>
>>93961421
>marvel
>reboot
>ever
Kek
>>
>>93961421
Way too fucking late. The damage has already been done
>>
You know what happens during a reboot?

All the currently popular characters stay the same, with some exceptions (Miles and Spider-Man would probably be in the same classroom) and they needlessly change other characters (Make Taskmaster like Ultimate Taskmaster or Moon Knight black or something)

Reboots aren't this retelling of everything the same, it's just reasserting that the same popular characters are better than the rest.
>>
>>93961421
>Muh Sjw

you have to go back
>>
>>93961592
They've been dominating the past two months. Open your eyes, retard.
>>
>>93961421

God op, kill yourself.

Reboot, Secret Wars-esque event.

Your ideas suck and you suck.
>>
>>93961421
I'm going to say the only three words that need to be said:

Let it go.

Seriously. Marvel is dead. It's time to move on to DC, indies, old comics, and manga.
>>
>>93961870
This. Marvel has gone full Bioware and unless Disney shuts the comics down and outsources them to IDW or something, they will never get better
>>
>>93961870
>>93961931
I don't even give a shit about the SJW stuff. If they want diversity I think they should go ahead and do it. All I want is passable writing, at least for comic book standards. Riri Williams is fucking terrible. I don't know how anyone can like her. They're arguably capable of doing stuff that is okay, I thought Ms.Marvel was pretty good for what it was.
>>
>>93961870
>and manga.

You were so close to making sense.
>>
>>93961421
Secret Wars was their chance, they wasted it
>>
File: IMG_0212.jpg (494KB, 978x1178px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.jpg
494KB, 978x1178px
What bothers me the most as a long time comic fan and reader is that I won't be able to take my kid into a shop and have him pick what he/she would think would be cool to read and read it. Comics aren't for kids and that bothers me a bit. I appreciate that the medium has evolved, and I love comics. I just wish that especially Marvel would bring in a kids line of comics. All the comics marketed at kids are super low effort or something I wouldn't want a kid to read. (Mrs Marvel, Squirrel Girl, Moon Girl, etc)

As for SJWs I hate that this board sits around and pretends that the problems don't exist. SJWs are problematic in the medium the same way that having a bunch of Christian writers desperately trying to shove their made up and sincerely held beliefs into the medium would be problematic. It's not ok to try to make stories mostly for pre teens and kids super preachy pulpits for the writers.

That's why Marvel is in the shitter IMHO
>>
>>93961421
Shut up Cocksmoker. The tribunal being dead is ok. You want a status quo that never changes.

>>93961870
Yet, they still own the market share and retail share. Only Batman can wreck Marvel sales.

"We fon't want a DC reboot but marvel reboot" post crisis fans are fags.
>>
>>93962266
Lol
>>
>>93961421
>reboot classic characters like spider-man, captain america, iron man, etc. in the forms that people know them in best.

If that means rebooting Peter so that he's in high school again, you can fuck right off.
>>
>>93961555
It's their only option at this point.
>>
>>93961421
The not in the top 100 by number of comics from Marvel, all 25k or less, just remove this
103 Hulk
105 Iron Fist
106 Secret Empire Underground
110 Ben Reilly Scarlet Spider
111 All New Guardians of Galaxy Annual
113 I Am Groot
114 Jean Grey
115 Totally Awesome Hulk
118 Gwenpool
119 Jessica Jones
120 Generation X
123 Iceman 2
126 Secret Empire Brave New World
129 Mighty Captain Marvel
130 Secret Warriors 3
135 Captain America Sam Wilson
136 True Believers Amazing Spider-Man
137 Ms. Marvel
141 Luke Cage
143 Royals 4
144 Ultimates 2
145 Rocket 2
150 U.S. Avengers
154 Doctor Strange Sorcerers Supreme
157 Spider-Man 2099 24
159 Black Panther Crew
161 Hawkeye 7
165 Silver Surfer
166 Man-Thing
169 Nova 7
174 Nick Fury
176 America 4
184 Monsters Unleashed
187 Zombies Assemble
194 Elektra 5
196 Kingpin 5
199 Unbeatable Squirrel Girl
202 Zombies Assemble
206 Occupy Avengers
207 Bullseye
222 True Believers Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man
237 Unstoppable Wasp
240 Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
250 True Believers Miles Morales Spider-Man
279 Vision Directors Cut
>>
>>93961421
>he still reads Marvel

You are a cuck.
>>
>>93962276
Around 40% of their comics are selling below cancellation numbers. On a per-issue basis they sell less than DC.
>>
>>93961421
No, it doesn't. A full reboot would permanently ruin Marvel. Do you seriously want a universe where the F4 never existed? Where the only Spider-man to ever exist is Slott's Spider-man? Where Bendis gets to full rewrite the continuity for almost every character?
>>
>>93961451
>for a decade
Try 3 decades. Marvel has been shit since the late 80s.
>>
>MUH MARKET SHARE

This is because everything Marvel puts out is complete and utter shit, but they put out so much underwhelming and underselling shit that they still technically have the most sales overall. They're like the fucking McDonald's of the comic world. Sure, they're still a successful company, but you would have to be insane to consider their products anything more than the lowest hanging trash.
>>
>>93961421
> muh sjw boogieman
>>
>>93962876
On a per issue basis, they also cost more than DC. DC manages to retain their market share despite their floppies being around a dollar less than Marvel's.
>>
>>93963337
>boogieman
>>
>>93961421
Gee, another war?
>>
>>93961813
But SJWs are genuinely shit people, their cancerous touch has poisoned Western culture for too many years now. And SJW is easier to say than anti-white neo-Communist unwitting corporate cock sucker.
>>
>>93961421
Here's a suggestion: Bring Jim Shooter back and ask him to name his price to fix this shit.

Despite the sheer insanity of what happened behind the scenes, under his rule we got alot of Marvel's best work.
>>
>>93961421
No. Reboots are fucking stupid and don't fix anything, all they do is muddle shit up and force us to sit through stories we've already read. You retards need to stop posting this.

What Marvel needs is new and better creative teams, sadly the industry is built on connections and hacks will continue to get hired.
>>
>>93964086
>Jim Shooter
He's old af, just one year younger than Chris Claremont
>>
My Solution, bring in Greg Weissman as Editor in Chief. Scrap all but Gwenpool and ASM Vows, replace it with Gargoyles and Kingdom Hearts comics for a year.

Maybe to appease the OGs make the young and fuckable Aunt May from Homecoming the graceful Spiderwoman and the pathetic Spiderboy from that film's her sidekick.
>>
>>93963167
yes anon, Marvel, the King of All, should stop printing and close store because 3 /co/ autists say so
>>
>>93961421
if you hate change so much how did you ever end up reading Marvel anyway

all that Spider-Man stuff must be killing you

>his suit isn't alive! it's just a lazy way for the artists to get out of drawing him properly!

seriously anon if you don't like change just read DC

>>93961451
To an extent you can argue that the changes they've made, specifically the stuff anon likes to bitch about as "SJW pandering", have kept them #1. Older readers are dying off (nothing new there), so new readers have to come from somewhere. But DC hasn't managed to retain the market share it used to enjoy - suggesting its readers are in fact not being replaced. DC has also had kind of a confused message since New52 - publishing RHatO with *those* pages but saying it was about empowerment, getting dragged into a pointless, public argument over Batgirl that led to... the Batgirl book DC clearly didn't want to do until they were pushed into it.

That kind of thing doesn't play well to either side, and leaves the middle grounders shaking their heads sadly as DC goes to shit.

>>93961685
Marvel's market share, as the other anon pointed out, is all they really need to care about. Short of DC cutting their own line but retaining market share, there's nothing DC can do to make itself more profitable than the competition when they're both shitting out 70+ titles a month.

Becoming more profitable on a lower market share is possible - very unlikely, but possible - and if DC did it, Marvel would be under pressure from shareholders to follow suit and reduce overheads while retaining share. That's the only point at which they'd change model.

Really, seriously: stop reading bleedingcool. Rich has had it in for Marvel ever since they turned down his pitches for comic books.
>>
Marvel doesn't need and will never need a reboot. Part of what makes Marvel Marvel is the massive history and backlog of stories. What they /need/ is a way to get rid of these characters in a storytelling way.
>>
>>93963167
DC put out 80 titles last month

Image put out 40, Marvel 99, IDW 22, Dark Horse 13, and so on

per % point of market share enjoyed by each company, that's

Marvel 0.432525253 titles

DC 0.397 titles

Image 0.225

IDW 0.144545455 titles

Dark Horse 0.19 titles

While there's an argument to make for more titles (specifically that you can reach a wider range of audience tastes and you're not as vulnerable to Bad Issue Syndrome), the more % points of market share held by a single title the better - it means lower costs (because you're controlling more share with less work) and that means more money for you.

As you can see, DC is publishing fewer titles than Marvel out of necessity. It doesn't have the market share to justify more regular titles. 80 is probably too many; cutting five or six last month would have left them with the same per % share overheads as Marvel, if they could retain the market share (which would be relatively doable if they only cut low sellers). Cutting 20 titles - 25% of their line - and managing to retain market share at present levels would be great - a little over half a book for a 1% share of the market.

Sadly reality is a little harder to manage - even double shipping Batman isn't working out as higher sales each month, and it's hurting their non-premium lines too.

>you would have to be insane to consider their products anything more than the lowest hanging trash.

Well, no. They sell better, so the majority of people disagree. Since we know that in general the majority of people aren't insane, and that the position that the world is wrong and you are right is, in general, an indication of paranoia, it's objectively wrong to argue that something you don't like but the majority do like is 'trash'.
>>
>>93963980
Nigga I don't give a fuck, if you care so much about Sjw go rant in /pol/ not here, Im getting real tired of this culture war shit that has infested for the 3-4 years now

Fuck off
>>
>>93964900
>They sell better, so the majority of people disagree.

Or the sales are driven by completionist collectors.

Are you telling me that anyone bought an issue of America "ME GENTE" Chavez after the first issue, because it was good?

Or that Downsydrome Squirrel Girl has an honest to God following?

That people are unironically excited about "Peter Parker in blackface"?

If this is the case, Marvel fans should be sent to death camps.
>>
>>93965068
/pol/ isn't actively shitting up comics like SJWs are
>>
>>93964900
>Well, no. They sell better, so the majority of people disagree. Since we know that in general the majority of people aren't insane, and that the position that the world is wrong and you are right is, in general, an indication of paranoia, it's objectively wrong to argue that something you don't like but the majority do like is 'trash'.

Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's good. Is Nickelback good? Is Justin Bieber good? Is the Kardashian tv show good? I wouldn't say most people are "insane" but a lot of them are lazy and just watch whatever is on TV and listen to whatever is on the radio. Same goes for comics, people go for the "big" names. Yet King's Batman and Star Wars comics sell a shitload of issues mostly because of brand recognition
>>
>>93961421
>Marvel reboot
I'm really fucking tired of these threads. It's a tremendously shit idea. Stop making threads about it.
>>
>>93965417
Not only did you just make that up, but what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>93964152
He's better than the assholes running things now.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.