[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /co/ ride this character's dick so fucking hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_1636.jpg (186KB, 626x950px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1636.jpg
186KB, 626x950px
Why does /co/ ride this character's dick so fucking hard?
>>
>>93959727
He's the king of Contrarians.
>>
>>93959727
To be fair almost everyone in the Marvel universe is always wrong, so being a contrarian can take you very far there
>>
>>93959727
His fan base consists of angst ridden man children living vicariously through a white cis male version of Che Guevara.

It's really sad that the Cyclops fan base didn't understand the meaning behind. Grant Morrison's Magneto was right meme.

Spoilers: he was being ironic Magneto was always wrong.
>>
>>93959727
Because Marvel seems to wants the reader to hate Cyclops and has tried to make that happen for years. All it takes is a sense of editorial pressure for /co/ to take the opposing view.
That being said, IvX makes it hard not to sympathize with him.
>>
>>93960121
He was dead, what's to sympathize with?

IvX was all Emma Frost.
>>
>>93959727
Because objectively he did nothing wrong.
>>
>>93960138
You can have sympathy for dead characters.
>>
Because Wolverine has always been more popular and /co/ have always been contrarians, that's literally it
>>
>>93960154
He took over the world and started to remake it how he wanted.
>>
>>93960169
And that's wrong because...?
>>
>>93960160
Wolverine is the biggest hypocrite in the entire Marvel omniverse.
>>
>>93960172
Because outside of /pol/ the world has agreed authoritarian regimes are bad.
>>
>>93960187
>biggest hypocrite
>in the entire Marvel omniverse
That's a statement you can't just go throwing around, Anon.
>>
>>93960121
This
>>
>>93960206
Especially in a world with Beast, Doctor Doom, Reed Richards, Tony Stark, etc.,

But Wolverine is definitely up there.
>>
>>93960190
What do you think the Inhuman monarchy is?
>>
>>93960696
>This thing is bad
>Yeah but what about this other thing that is bad?
Ok
>>
File: 1498880820656.jpg (39KB, 650x488px) Image search: [Google]
1498880820656.jpg
39KB, 650x488px
Is this the designated shitting thread?

Question, what do I need to enjoy the disappointment of Avengers vs X-Men to the fullest?

>House of M
>Messiah Complex
>Cable 1-24
>Second Coming
>Avengers/X-Men Utopia
>Schism
>Avengers vs X-Men

That right?
>>
>>93960745
X-force stuff is context but not necessary, however it is very well regarded and a good read so might as well read it as well.
>>
>>93960761
That the Yost/Kyle one?
>>
>>93960764
Yeah. Remender is also good.
>>
>>93959727

Shut up, Hank lover.
>>
>>93960154
Yeah! Sue did
>>
>>93960154
>Because objectively he did nothing wrong.

Pretty much this. They call him Rightclops for a reason.
>>
>>93961218

>Less than two hundred of our kind left
>Goes out to try to make the world better for everyone rather than a murderous rampage (until provoked by the Avengers and even then)
>Inhumans gas his people up, oh and they make them sterile too if they don't get killed right away
>Is still seen as the Mutant Hitler for getting rid of ONE of the terrigen clouds.
>Had he not done that, the terrigen saturation woulda happened earlier and every mutant would have died...
>even dead he was right.
>>
>>93960190
>authoritarian regimes are bad.

That's why most military ops are run via democracy and oh shit, while we were taking a vote on what to do someone dropped a thousand killed robots on our doorstep.

Cyclops was exactly the leader they needed and got them through the most trying time of their existence and they shit on him the entire time he was doing it and every minute afterwards. After the treatment he got I honestly hate every frigging mutant now. They seem genetically predisposed to being a bunch of backstabbing bitches. They even turned young him against him. lol.

Fuck the X-men. I hope all those books tank.
>>
>>93960187
Wolverine is an anti-hero, it doesn't matter if he's a "hypocrite", moral values aren't part of why anybody liked him or ever has
>>
>>93961271
I don't even understand how anyone in universe likes him. Dude has stabbed everyone and tries to fuck everyone's wife. I don't know about you, but I'm not going to keep asking my friend to swing by the house if every fucking time he shows up he tries to stick a knife into me and his dick into my wife.
>>
>>93961313
>why people like sly and asshole japshit MCs?
literally the same community sucks the dick of him
>>
>>93961313
>>93961313
>I don't even understand how anyone in universe likes him.
He was always supposed to be the guy nobody likes in universe. Out of universe, that made him relatable to the misfits and angsty types who were the primary demographic for comic books, hence he became one of the most popular characters. Same reason people liked Spider-Man
>>
>>93961380
>Same reason people liked Spider-Man
But Peter isn't an asshole.
>>
>>93961380
>same reason
Peter was way more complex than Logan.

>>93961393
Go actually read Ditko's Spider-Man.
>>
>>93960060
>white cis male version of Che Guevara
So Che Guevara?
>>
>>93961380
>He was always supposed to be the guy nobody likes in universe.

Except all the chicks want him and he hangs out with Captain America for some reason.
>>
>>93961405
>So Che Guevara?

Nah son, Che was born Cherline.
>>
>>93961250
I haven't been keeping up with comics at all but whats the deal with terrigen mists? As far as I have gathered they are nothing but a problem, randomly giving people super powers and killing mutants but people talk about them like getting rid of them is a bad thing or at least controversial.
>>
>>93961402
>Peter was way more complex than Logan.
How so? Different problems, different doesn't mean more complex

>>93961393
>But Peter isn't an asshole.
>>93961402
>Go actually read Ditko's Spider-Man.
^ this

>>93961420
>Except all the chicks want him and he hangs out with Captain America for some reason.
What are comic books if not a power fantasy? It's not exactly high art
>>
>>93961402
>Go actually read Ditko's Spider-Man.
I read some of it even if not all, he has problems for sure but he isn't a complete douchebag like Logan still, he is in the relatable line imo.
>>
>>93961420
Well to be fair there arent an awful lot of other people around cap can talk about pre-WW2 shit with.
>>
>>93959727
Because he's right
>>
>>93959727
Since the 90s I've always liked his super-powers, costume, and general attitude towards things better than the other main guy from the X-men, Wolverine. Wolverine always seemed like a hairy little asshole who is rude and grumpy about everything, I don't understand the appeal.
>>
>>93960745
I'd make time for Astonishing X-Men, X-Factor, X Force, Uncanny X Force, Rogue and then Legion X Men Legacy, New Mutants and Wolverine and the X Men.

Messiah CompleX is the only great crossover but Age of X was also fun.

X-Men had a lot of good runs during the 00's. AvX shouldn't be the goal that you build up to. It signified an end to an era.
>>
>>93961449
They are like basically like Sacred Cows to the Inhumans.
>>
>>93961547
>Wolverine always seemed like a hairy little asshole who is rude and grumpy about everything, I don't understand the appeal.
Cyclops just seems like his real world counterpart would be the lead singer of Nickelback, boring chad who I'm supposed to feel for, for some reason, but don't at all
>>
>>93959753
fpbp

nobody likes him so /co/ loves him
>>
>>93961547
Let me guess at school you didn't do much sports right? Because if you were part of the defense or did some wresling or sambo, then you would understand why wolverino is cool. I did after my first fight with a philipino guy who was 2/3 my weight, but he was like a death machine, every part of his body was there to give pain. No rules, and if you wanted any of the fair play-hand shaking-crap he would ignore you. Only way to get him aknowladge you is if you KO him .
>>
>>93961720
great guy to hang around to. Someone laughs? he attacks. He walks on a joke he didn't hear the start of? he attacks. women passing by laughing? bitch slaped. And he was doing it all with no drugs, no alcohol, no nothing. And the most fun fact is, that he always told us that his dad and granddad thought about him as soft and gay.
>>
>he's really hot
>he fucks best girl (Emma)
>he's right

why should we not like him?
>>
>>93961840
Wait...
He's always right...
Marvel are now fighting a war against the alt-right...
Really activated my almonds
>>
>>93961892
What are you on about?!
>>
File: Juggernaut.jpg (132KB, 1400x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Juggernaut.jpg
132KB, 1400x1524px
>>93959727
I say this as someone who hates the X-Men. Marvel fucked up in their attempts to "humanize" Scott, and make him morally gray.

Consider AvX, it started out with Scott being an unreasonable idiot. THEN the Phoenix disperses, and the avengers get jealous that they're not changing the world like the reality warping gods and strike the P5 first. Then THEY become unreasonable idiots.

It's just a mess, really. Marvel fell for the ancient meme that their heroes are "FLAWED AND RELATABLE LIKE ME xD" so they make their flagship guys into maniacal assholes who bungle their way into saving the planet to set them apart from DC's.
>>
>>93960060
Some of us don't care for Morrison's work on the x-men tho
>>
>>93960711
t. Shithuman
>>
>>93963126
How was Scott unreasonable? X-Men handled Phoenix on their own all the time. Cap demanded to get full control for something he didn't understand, and Logan almost doomed them all by trying to kill Hope.
>>
>>93959727
Thread would have been a lot better if you posted Nova
>>
>>93959727
Because he always seems to be right despite editorial desperately trying to portray him as wrong.

I actually think Marvel's writers really like the guy, and are undermining every order from on high about how he has to be evil hitlerclops who murders nuhumans left and right. It's the only explanation for the insane dissonance between how Cylcops is referred to in universe and how he acts.
>>
File: rightclops.jpg (416KB, 1273x674px) Image search: [Google]
rightclops.jpg
416KB, 1273x674px
>>93959727
Because he was right.
>>
>>93963712
>How was Scott unreasonable? X-Men handled Phoenix on their own all the time.

That doesn't give him the right to let the ticking time bomb walk on in. Scott even said later that he knew Hope wasn't ready for the Phoenix.

I know the entire point of the X-Chickens is that they're okay with letting any unstable, genocidal asshole in, but Cap had a right to confront him about it...with that said, Steve did it in the most retarded, fascist way possible, I agree.

>Logan

In the end, he was a puppet throughout that storyline.
>>
>>93963793
>a single background gag in Ghost Rider does more world building than 5 years of Avengers and X-Men comics
>>
>>93963898
Well, they had Rachel as a backup plan if something went wrong with Hope.
>>
>>93960060
>Grant morrison
You know Morrison is the biggest Cyclopsfag, and he is on record saying it, right?
>>
>>93961253
>Cyclops was exactly the leader they needed and got them through the most trying time of their existence and they shit on him the entire time he was doing it and every minute afterwards.
THIS.
>>
>>93959727
Inhumans are scum
>>
File: rightclops.jpg (911KB, 1455x1323px) Image search: [Google]
rightclops.jpg
911KB, 1455x1323px
>>93959727
Marvel was pushing really REALLY hard for us to hate him, so that and a combination of their own incompetence led to many to find him even more sympathetic than before
Personally I find it immensely frustrating when writers try telling me X is evil/the best/awesome or whatever but are just incapable of writing it
Like Lily from HIMYM. The writers and characters act like she's a great person and sexy but thats just not the case in what the show showed us
>>
>>93960187
In his defense you trying being consistent when you've been in every book ever
People like Snicktbub because he's "cool" or "badass". Not because of any strong values or mythos
>>
>>93959727
Because he's right.
>>
File: avx-zone-019nxs9d.jpg (505KB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
avx-zone-019nxs9d.jpg
505KB, 1280x1968px
He's likable because he was a bland boyscout with a stick up his assbut then after being pushed around and seeing mutants pushed around for decades he stood up and said "Fuck Mutants? No, fuck you" And started fighting back and standing up in a more assertive way. He called the Marvel citizens and the Avengers out on their hypocritical bullshit. He was entirely right about AvX and anyone with half a brain could see the Avengers were in the wrong no matter how Marvel tried to spin it. And the thing is he just went on fighting even when people were being such hypocrites about him killing Prof. X while under the thrall of the full power of the Phoenix. And then there's the whole "Hitler" comparison bullshit. Readers can see that he's in the right so why not be in the guy's corner?
>>
>>93960121

It's the reverse push effect. Marvel WANTED readers to dislike Cyclops, but they broadcasted that intention so the readers turned against it.
>>
File: rightclops.png (286KB, 361x616px) Image search: [Google]
rightclops.png
286KB, 361x616px
>>93959727
I loved him in the older comics and his powers etc are still cool for me. And from shitty Fox movies to recent comics I can't just get the hate for him. I think the good boy and the contrarian inside me is still protecting him.
>>
>Cyclops was right
>regarding AvX

AvX was an idiot plot where neither side was right and either side would have failed if left to their own devices, and the correct way forward manifests itself through a series of coincedences that arise from the two groups fighting. Killing Hope would have failed, offering Hope to the Phoenix without having her train with Wanda and Iron Fist would have failed, Hope only ended up training with Iron Fist and combining powers with Wanda because the Avengers had to take refuge in the city of Kung Fu which only happened because the Avengers created the Phoenix 5.
>>
>>93968136
Supposedly Hope's 5 Lights would have helped her deal with the Phoenix if Iron Man hadn't interfered. But it's an idiot plot no matter what.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.