[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The joke is they all annoy Bob and he usually gets the shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: BobsBurgers.png (90KB, 691x386px) Image search: [Google]
BobsBurgers.png
90KB, 691x386px
>The joke is they all annoy Bob and he usually gets the shit end of the stick, but sometimes they meet someone even more annoying and need to put up with their shit!
How have people not gotten tired of this show?
>>
>>93958470

Because unlike other shows there's an actual sense of familial love and no ones annoying anyone to be a dick
>>
>>93958470
I couldn't make it through the first episode, at the time even family guy wasn't as bad as that.
>>
File: pbpbpbpbpbpb.gif (259KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
pbpbpbpbpbpb.gif
259KB, 400x275px
>>93958470
>The joke is OP only watched Beefsquatch and based his entire opinion on the show's worst episode.
Third-rate trolling, OP.
>>
>>93958485
>annoying anyone to be a dick
they might as well be, they never learn. I get that it's episodic, but it's every time
and it's especially annoying when they bring an even more annoying character who gets their way despite doing nothing to deserve it
>>
>>93958514
i also watched the one when Louise took home the class pet
>>
It's a comedy show anon, it exists merely to be a vessel for witty punchlines written by the Stangel brothers or some other overpaid Jewish lads

Stop thinking so deeply about shows that are just an animated stand up routine
>>
File: 1449491055118.jpg (17KB, 272x292px) Image search: [Google]
1449491055118.jpg
17KB, 272x292px
>>93958470

>never watched this show
>have all fg seasons
>there was a bob's burguers episode mixed in them
>because i just put series in random and go to sleep the bob's burguers episode randomly appears
>first thing I hear is mabel's voice from gravity falls
>watch it a little, seems kind of fun

i like mabel's voice, is this show any good?
>>
>>93958738
it's good but gets tiring
>>
>>93958738
It's very funny. It's also possibly the only good sitcom currently running on American tv that's family friendly.
>>
I can't stand the fact that everyone in this show is so "stupid". Every single character acts like they have had a botched lobotomy.
>>
>>93958536
Princess Piddles?
>>
>>93958795
yeah that episode pissed me off
>>
The comedy trope of the straight man and the bumbling idiot can work, but this show only has one straight man, Bob, and every other character the bumbling idiot.
>>
>>93958470
Being formulaic isn't bad if the formula is done well.
>>
>>93958470
Everytime I try to watch this my testosterone dramatically decreases.
This show is truly for and by nu-males.
>>
>>93958738
>>93958766
It doesn't have as much replay value as something like family guy but it doesn't have nearly the same amount of episodes to compete with, so it gets overplayed often. Watch em as they come out or when you personally have the urge to watch em and you won't get bored.

They get really music heavy at some point though be warned.
>>
>>93959189
>Being this autistic
>>
I thought the joke was that they didn't have chins
>>
>>93958795
wasn't it called babysitting a chinchilla
>>
>>93959189
and you just proved yourself to be a nu-male

cut-off your dick
>>
>>93958470
I'm just waiting for Bob to snap and call his whole family out, like when Ned Flanders did in that episode of The Simpsons
https://youtu.be/v5ZYse6Vqtc
>>
>>93961314
I love these kinds of episodes
>>
>>93961314
Didn't he do that in the first episode by himself? Like saying his kids were disappointments and Linda was a shit and that he was fat?

I want him to do it again, but to them. I feel if anything it's been building up, but I can see it not escalating.

Honestly it's surprising how he hasn't had a damn heart attack under the stress he's in every day.
>>
I just found out Linda is voiced by a guy

my entire life doesn't make sense
>>
>>93961062
It's not really for nu-males, it's just written much more for a female audience. My gf will want to watch Bob's Burgers with me and after like an hour I get tired of it, but she could watch it all night. The show is alright, it's decent but it doesn't just click with me as much as something like Venture Bros or King of the Hill does.
>>
>>93961700
Of all the recurring female characters on the show, you could probably count the number of them actually played by women on one hand
>>
>>93961314
But Bob's family isn't even that bad. Louise and him have fun all the time, and his kids are weird and annoying but so is every other kid in the world, in-cartoon and in the real world. You guys act like Bob's in hell, when he's just a bit of a wet mop.
>>
>every character has an annoying voice and they scream half their lines

got old really fast
>>
>>93958518
>they never learn
That's nearly the definition of most comedic narratives. Did some autism awareness organization tell everyone to come to 4chan?
>>
>>93959926
>It doesn't have as much replay value as something like family guy

Tina's Bat Mitzvah would like a word with you
>>
>>93961700
>I just found out Linda is voiced by a guy

In five years you'll figure out Tina's not voiced by a female either.
>>
>>93965281
Funny way to spell Spaghetti Western and Meatballs
>>
>>93965322
That's not how you type out "The Equestranauts"
>>
>>93961700
Hey beats all the boys being voiced by fully-grown women.
>>
I marathoned a couple of episodes from season 1&6 here and there. The three kids (specially Gene) really steal the show, followed by the mother.

Only nitpick so far...? Cant' stop thinking on Archer and Coach Mcgirk, who are the most polar opposites of Bob there could be.
>>
>>93965381
I was a huge Home Movies fan and then I watched all of Bob's Burgers this year, and I really liked the contrast of going from McGuirk to Bob. I kept expecting him to be a scumbag but he's a really good dude. it's like if McGuirk had a talent and a family, he wouldn't be such a mess.

Then I watched all of Archer, I don't have anything to say about that contrast. Maybe it's McGuirk if he was attractive?
>>
File: kuchi kopi.jpg (412KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kuchi kopi.jpg
412KB, 2560x1600px
I spat my drink and laughed hard.

Pretty shitty episode, though.
>>
File: 1443559676669.png (22KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
1443559676669.png
22KB, 1130x900px
>>93965381
kept watching. I now just found a valid nitpick

>butts and farts ad nauseam
>>
File: thumbnail_1516175656478335318.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_1516175656478335318.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>93958514
>Linda flashing the camera for 2 straight minutes
>worst episode
>>
>>93958470
It's weird how people think that Bob's family is awful and he's the only normal one because he's shown many times to be neurotic and do crazy and stupid stuff.
>>
>>93961314

Thought this would happen in that episode where he got glued to the toilet but they left it pretty mild. His family fucks up everything he tries to do so often that I'm honestly surprised that they haven't been called out on their shit yet after 7 seasons.
>>
>it's a Bob gets high on substances and talks to inanimate objects episode
>it's a Tina acting like an awkward teen going through puberty episode
>it's a Louise is a brat, but has a heart of gold episode
>it's a Bob and Linda goes on a date, but all the other adults are terrible people episode
>It's a Bob has to deal with some annoying character episode

pretty much the whole show
>>
>>93958470
He does voices for the foods he cooks for special occasions. Fuck him too.
>>
>>93958470
The joke is, it's a cartoon where the father is NOT the useless idiot, but everyone else in the family.
>>
>>93961314
Bob's a wet blanket for sure, but he loves his family and his family loves him back despite his flaws.
>>
>>93958738
It's way better than the other animated family sitcoms currently out.
>>
>>93962396
Off the top of my head, I can only think of Louise and Tammy.
>>
>>93959189
>everything I don't like is for nu-males
>people who enjoy shows I don't like is for nu-males
>>
>>93968480
that's literally what bronies said about mlp
>>
>>93958470
>>93961314
They've drastically toned down Bob being the family's straight man for a few seasons now. Actually from the start they've established that he's just as weird as they are.
>>
>>93968170
help
reading it in their voices takes my arousal way
>>
>>93958470
>>The joke is they all annoy Bob

Wrong. Actually one of the best things about Bob is how much he seems to actually like his kids as people and enjoy their company, ESP when compared to other animated sitcom protags.
>>
>>93968673
And was honestly true with MLP because that thing had little competition.

But Bob's Burgers competes with sitcoms and not just animated sitcoms. It's just a plain good show.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.