[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, what's your take on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 325
Thread images: 38

File: spidermanhomecoming_0.jpg (325KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spidermanhomecoming_0.jpg
325KB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled, what's your take on Spidershota: Homecoming
>>
>>93958237
A good movie that redeemed the Spider-Man franchise after a series of blunders, but suffers from too much MCU synergy.
>>
>>93958237
Good movie that did what It set out to do and setup aracnikid into the MCU
>>
I've never seen it, but it fucking sucks.
>>
>>93958267
I hated it but then I remembered this is movie universe
>>
>>93958237
Iron Man 6 was okay
>>
>>93958365
>Iron Man 4 scenes
>>
File: 1488131004675.jpg (13KB, 339x302px) Image search: [Google]
1488131004675.jpg
13KB, 339x302px
>>93958237

>End credits scene
>Theater is silent
>One guys blurts out, "Thanks Cap!"
>Laughter all around

That was a solid end credits scene. Good movie too.
>>
>>93958389
>One guys blurts out, "Thanks Cap!"
I almost screamed "NANI!?!"
>>
>>93958267
>too much MCU synergy
>when there was a video by Captain America for detention and another for puberty
>>
A solid film that detracts from the usual MCU formula by having a more contained plot and a memorable villain, but is bogged down by the admittedly overarching influence of Tony on Peter, both in technology and motivation.
>>
Tom Holland is right for the role. I liked the relatively low stakes and I hope that they can continue with that in the next one
>>
>>93958237

21 isn't shota.

Too much Manletman, not enough Uncle Ben, as far as this Peter's back story.

A third reboot in within 14 years was way to quick. Marvel/Disney should have sucked it up and used Andrew and let go of their hard-on of having an 'arguably' teenage Peter. It's absurd to think that, other than a drunken alcoholic with self-esteem and aggrandizement issues, all the rest of the Avengers are going to find it necessary to have a 16 year old to throw against Thanos.
>>
>>93958725
>This opinion
How fucking shit of an opinion
We don't need another
UH NO UNCLE BEN
also nobody fucking wants hipster asshat spider-man
>>
>>93958725

Do we really need to see Uncle Ben and that origin story again for the 3rd time?
>>
File: 1500236507172.jpg (128KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500236507172.jpg
128KB, 1080x1080px
>>93958237
The best parts of the movie were by far Peter's high-school life. I thought those scenes would be plain and boring but they were surprisingly genuine and even made me remember my own life at school. I must say though, I wasn't expecting to hear so many people swearing and penis jokes in a Disney movie, especially that one bit with the blonde girl saying she would loved to be fucked by Thor (Dammit boner), like wow isn't this a kids movie? By the way, was the person besides the group of girls a gay dude? I thought schools didn't allowed that kind of shit. Anyway, Ned was a cool guy and the MJ wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be. The Vulture ended up being a surprisingly decent (If not weak) villain and I'm glad he didn't died like most MCU villains do. One thing I didn't liked though was how there weren't any "Epic" fights even near the end of the movie (Seriously, you could barely tell what was happening in the airplane fight). All Raimi movies had great fight scenes and even the TAS movies had one or two cool fight scenes but here? nothing (Peter dodging Vulture wings was cool until he says he wasn't even trying to hit him).The romance also wasn't annoying at all like in the TAS movies and even had a cool twist. Personally I would have liked for Tony to have been more in the movie but that's just me. In conclusion Homecoming was a fun movie but of course like most MCU movies, it far from perfect. Third best movie of the MCU Phase 3 for me only beaten by Captain America :Civil War and Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol.2.
>>
It's good
>>
Holland > Maguire >>>>> Garfield
>>
I really liked the references to the breakfast club, shit was so hearthwarming
>>
>>93958313
this. i hope /co/ can understand that the MCU characters are usually more rooted in the ultimate versions than 616
>>
It was great. some dodgy spider-man cgi in the beginning, but overall really refreshing. Eyes were glued to the screen, big smile on my face almost throughout the entire movie. Genuinely enjoyed the high school setting and supporting cast. Vulture was a menacing presence with understandable motivations. Glad we got his origin story instead of another hour wasted on dead uncle axioms. Ranks up there with Iron Man and Winter Soldier. /co/ntrarians will find any reason to dislike something, but this was a solid film.
>>
Ok for an MCU film, boring and forgettable film in general and not a very good Spider-Man film.

Also fuck them for shitting all over Flash Thompson.
>>
Don't care what anybody says, I had a really fun time watching it and that's all that matters. I wasn't expecting fucking Shakespeare out of a Spiderman film, everything from the Vulture rework to no more Uncle Ben bullshit to the action scenes to the fun characters to the soundtrack to THAT FUCKING PART that made the entire theater shit themselves. You know what I'm talking about. I'm not that into Spiderman comics (Only comic I really dedicated myself to was the Stan Lee era FF) but it still entertained me and at the end of the day I consider that $9 well spent
>>
>>93959515
which part, Anon? I was alone in the theater
>>
>>93959533
Where Liz's dad turns out to be Vulture. I just remember me, my friend and absolutely everybody else in the theater eyes wide open and their jaws hitting the floor with just that fucking door opening. Holy hell.
>>
>>93958818
>By the way, was the person besides the group of girls a gay dude? I thought schools didn't allowed that kind of shit.
What kind of regressive schools did you go to that made being gay against the rules? That may have been a thing a few decades ago, but nowadays that shit is COMMON
>>
>>93958267
Why should it be ashamed to be a part of the MCU?
>>
>>93958425
And the 50 scenes with tony stark in it..
>>
>>93958237
the dust can't really be said to have settled until a few weeks after the Blu-Rays come out
>>
>>93959554
Such a good fucking twist, came out of left field with no warning and was immediately satisfying.
>>
>>93959554
>>93959515
I'm sorry but WHY was that particularly shocking? Who gives a fuck about this character enough to care that her dad is the Vulture? Fuck your spoiler tags, by the way.

Honestly you seem like you would be amazed when toast pops out of a toaster.
>>
>>93958725
>third reboot
Am I missing a reboot?
>>
>>93958237
Reddit the movie
>>
>>93959554
Sounds cringy as fuck
>>
>>93958725
I think it's more about not letting some kid with powers be a super hero on his own than the Avengers really needing a kid.
>>
>>93959608
it was a well played situation, Anon. It reminds you the kid is dealing with some local stuff, nothing out of his neightborhood, nothing crazy and over the top, just another middle aged man from around the corner
>>
Movie was eh.

Holland as peter was alright, but he in no way felt like spider-man, I think he's the sole character in the film that doesn't quip, and the suit only made him seem incompetent. Zenyatta or whatever the fuck her name is annoyed the hell out of me, while Ned was fun (Should've just named him Ganke though)

Now Keaton, he was the only shining star of the film for me, excellent job on his end, first time I've ever thought the Vulture was cool.

I know the makers wanted to steer away from stuff we've already seen in the other movies, and that's why we got the gadgets instead of spider-sense, but without it he honestly felt declawed relying on papa Stark more than his own skill.

Finally, I can't enjoy Tomei as Aunt May without remembering her role as a stripper with pierced nipples in the Wrestler...
>>
>>93959652
Guess what. This clever "twist" of yours already happened in Spider-Man 1 when Green Goblin was Harry's dad all along! OMG!
>>
>>93959072
In terms of Peter's yes, but complete opposite for Spider-men.
>>
>>93959652
Not the twist. The reaction everyone apparently did in the theater. Jesus Christ cringy
>>
Speaking of Spidershota...

>>>/aco/1561846
>>
>>93958237
A better Scarlet Spider movie than a Spider-man movie.
>>
Too diverse.
>>
I liked it. It was fun. Worth 12 dollars. Not 15. 12.
>>
If only I was Thor
>>
>>93958425
Alright, that was pretty great.
>>
>>93959568
There's "not being ashamed of being in the MCU" and then there's having another superhero steal the actual star's thunder multiple times in the first and second acts. No one said you can't reference things, but the best parts of the MCU don't build themselves so much on what came before, but on expanding it into new territory. This movie did that by exploring the sort of "super street level" world that Spider-Man inhabits, but it could have realized that not everything has to tie back to the Avengers or more specifically Tony Stark so much.
>>
>>93959569
>And the 50 scenes with tony stark in it..
5 anon, 5
>>
>>93960233
But anon, how else can we explain to the dumba-- supporting moviegoer where everything comes from?!

Chitauri Chitauri Tony Stark Shield Shield Shield Stark Stark Chitauri Stark.
>>
>>93959515
People in my cinema mostly found that scene funny then went silent when they were in the car
>>
>>93958237
I am so goddamn tired of Spiderman, I don't give two shits about this character anymore and Tom Holland/the entire supporting cast is fucking ugly so I couldn't even appreciate it on a purely shallow level.

Just kill Spiderman and never bring him back.
>>
>>93958237

Worthy of it's RT 92% review. My personal thoughts...

>holy SHIT Peter can't secret identity. He won't have to reveal his identity for Civil War 2. Everyone will already know who he is by then.

>Ned made me (and rest of theater) fucking lose it with his excuse to the teacher why he wasn't at the dance.

>Love how Peter is wrecking shit in the new suit and making all kinds of mistakes in this movie. As he should be for someone new

>I found myself shocked how much I sympathized with the Vulture during his talk about how "We fight the wars, we clean up the mess while we beg for scraps". I honestly could be rooting for him if he wasn't flooding the neighborhood with unbelievable dangerous weapons. But he tried to do it the legit way. And there's NOTHING he's doing that the U.S. hasn't done with its weapons.

>Dat fucking 2nd extra. Trolled by Capt. America. Theater lost it.

Worthy of my $15.
>>
>>93960081

You pay too much at your dollar theater. I thought the $2 I paid was more than enough.
>>
>>93960416
Yeah it was a fun time. I can see why people are getting tired of the MCU but I'm still enjoying the ride so far. Can't wait for Infinity War next year.
>>
>>93960416
Fuckk, what was the second extra?? I only stayed for the first one.
>>
File: her.jpg (124KB, 630x1200px) Image search: [Google]
her.jpg
124KB, 630x1200px
Just found out Jennifer Connelly was the voice of Karen (AI spidey suit). No wonder I was getting so turned on. Fuck Liz. If I was Peter, I would go full pic-related with the suit.
>>
>>93958425
didnt mind that part but I get what he means. I think it felt like despite the movie being good it took less risks? Like they played it waay too safe which is typical for every MCU movie ever.

Generic ordinary music, generic action sequence, quips* etc etc.

*Also speaking of quips, he barely quipped at all except for that bank scene. Everything else was funny because of his wacky inexperienced hijinks. That really bothered me.

Everyone in the MCU quips 24/7 but a known comicbook quipster says jack shit and the fanboys give the excuse that its because he is in "highschool".

Fuck off.
>>
>>93960513

Cap makes another of his PSA like the ones he was doing throughout the movie. His lesson was on "patience" giving examples how sometimes you see an soldier's epic fight and sometimes you sit through a lot of nothing just to be disappointed. He was making fun of the audience for sitting through the credits hoping to see Civil War 2/Infinity War/etc. He then turns to someone off-screen and asks "How many more of these do I have to do?"
>>
>>93960233
hes a kid. it shows how he is an inexperienced brat not worth the precum from downeys slimedick
>>
>>93958237
didnt like it.
I hated how they wrote peter as a incompetent brat who wants to get into tony stark's pants
the entire secondary cast of peter's highschool friends were obnoxious and badly written and performed (and they take up a good chunk of the goddamn movie)
you'd think with the fact that this movie doesnt introduce spiderman it'd have more of SPIDER MAN in it
dont get what people liked about it desu
I liked the new suit design though
>>
>>93959673
Comic nerds already knew that. They didn't know about Liz
>>
>>93960564
oh and also the fact that the entire fucking plot of the movie could have been avoided if tony's agent friend literally listened ONCE to what peter was trying tk say, I hate that shit
>>
>>93958237
It's great. Holland feels very much like a natural Parker, I love his slow way up to greatness, the humour is noic, Vulture is a Raimy-isn villain, and they found a way to make Leeds likeable.

When the only thing people can criticize the movie for is "too many minorities", that's saying something. Either that the movie is so good there are no other significant flaws, or that the people are retarded and unable to see past "muh SJW agenda".
>>
>>93958237
Is it true that the movie is underperforming or is it a meme?

I'm not talking about reviews or fan reactions, we all know that if Marvel released a movie of just Groot dancing for two hours, all of them would eat it up like it was the second coming of Jesus.
>>
>>93960426
Ehh... had big ol comfy recliners and big isles so you don't have to put the leg rest down. I came like 45 mins early and took a nap in the nice A.C. before the movie. I would have paid like 6 bucks for that nap. So 6 bucks for a movie isn't half bad.
>>
It was good. Holland is a good Spider-Man. Pretty sure the people who complain about too much Iron Man has only seen the trailers, he was in it for like, 10 minutes,
>>
>>93960790
funny considering that the whole movie is about iron man being too busy to mentor spidey and being away most of the time
>>
>>93959569
Nevermind the amount of scenes, Stark erased Ben from the story. And Peter was a spastic little shit.
>>
>>93960660
Hard to say. The domestic box office number so far is 207.3 million, which is not bad considering its budget was $175 million. It's not like Amazing Spider-Man where its final domestic number was lower than its budget.
>>
Loved it. The best Spidey film by a good mile, one of the better MCU films. I loved how different, funny and small-scale it was compared to the rest. They managed to get a hell of a lot of story in there for something that felt so fast paced and tight. I don't really have any BIG criticisms for it, just little bits in scenes that didn't flow well.

Makes me really want a video game based on it. The new PS4 one looks too serious for my liking.
>>
>>93960838
>Stark erased Ben from the story
How so? I don't recall Ben having the role of Spider-Man's mentor and gadget provider.
>>
>>93960660
We don't know what Sony/Disney's expectations are. It's making good money, but not CW or IM3 money, which I guess for some can be seen as underperforming since Spidey is so popular.
>>
>>93959072
Go to bed Tom.
>>
>>93958818
You didn't think schools allow kids to be gay? Anon, it's the current year etc.
>>
>>93960543
It's the best End Credit scene to date.
Bonus points for him wearing the goofy Avengers 1 suit
>>
>>93960602
But he did listen. The FBI where on the Ferry.
>>
Flash sucked as a high school bully, even as a cyberbully kind of bully.

T. Someone who got out of high school two years ago.
>>
>>93960522
That's true.
>>
>>93961148
to be fair tony or happy could have been more communicative an taken 15 seconds out of his day to say "I've assigned someone to take care of this, good job kid", or at least assigned someone else to be his guide to do it for him
>>
Not including the backstory was a good move. Everyone knows it by now, even normies. I was worried that the "Iron Man Homecoming" meme was going to be true but he was placed in it sparingly and to good effect. I really enjoyed it though its still only third for super movies this year for me with Logan coming in first and GOTG second. Its been a really good year for cape movies.
>>
>>93958237

Feels like you're watching a Ben Reilly movie more than a real spidey film.
>>
>>93959685
Literally this, people shit on Garfield but his Spider-Man (not Peter but Spider-Man) is easily the best of the three.

Always gonna be McGuire on top if you consider the complete package though
>>
>>93960182
Is that best girl Gwen Stacy?
>>
I liked it, solid 7/10 so it's better than the majority of the MCU. It's probably the 3rd or 4th best in the series so far. Holland and Keaton were both great. I'm. excited to see what they do next, though I hope there are higher personal stakes. I liked that it was self contained and small, I'd love to see that continue, but the personal stakes for Peter weren't very high and I'd love to see another small scale movie where the villain is a bigger threat to those close to him.
>>
>>93958818
Damn! Now I wanna watch the movie for high school nostalgia reasons
>>
>>93960416
One simple line struck me the most, when Spidey shows up and is all like "don't do the bad thing!" and Toomes was all like "WTF, how do you think Stark got so rich?" So glad he pointed that out.
>>
File: Peter.jpg (22KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
Peter.jpg
22KB, 460x288px
>>93958237
Decent movie, weak as fuck Spider-man movie. Raimi Spider-man is still the best.

>>93960949
>The best Spidey film by a good mile
Marvel drone detected. It was barely a Spider-man movie.
>>
>>93959593
I'm with you on this one bro. OH NO EPIC DUDE DIDN'T SEE THAT ONE COMING

you people are the reason why these movies do so well. just eat it up
>>
>>93961279
no it's betty brant her name was right under her on a screen in the movie
>>
>>93959451
Like for example?
>>
>>93960660
Apes 3 literally stole #1 off spider-man a week later
>>
>>93958237
I liked it.
a decent Spidey/Parker.

Now.. the best spider-man would of course be Hollands body, Maguires Peter and Garfields Spider-man.
>>
>>93958237
I just loved how the ultimate showdown was stopping a good old heist, instead of some overly dramatic revenge scheme or saving the entire city from certain destruction.
>>
>>93960619
>When the only thing people can criticize the movie for is "too many minorities", that's saying something. Either that the movie is so good there are no other significant flaws, or that the people are retarded and unable to see past "muh SJW agenda".

You need to find better bait
>>
Basically this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WRnE-4YKWw&list=WL&index=12
>>
File: spider-man-rubble-108744.jpg (500KB, 1270x1231px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man-rubble-108744.jpg
500KB, 1270x1231px
solid 8/10 for me. lots of references to previous movies and comics.

minus points for forced divershit
>>
>>93958389
fucking love movie hecklers bc even if theyre not funny i still get to laugh at them
>>
>>93960949
>The best Spidey film by a good mile
The directing was so stock though. Raimi actually brought some personality to his movies.
>>
>>93965191

MCU movies are all same, what else you can expect from Disn... oh wait.
>>
I liked it.

Kinda don't have much else to say. Yeah. Looking forward to more of this Parker, I guess?
>>
my favorite Peter Parker and Spidey.

spider-man movies will always have high expectations but homecoming compared to the OG trilogy and ASM balanced every single expectation well.

>it took 6 movies to finaly put "If this be my destiny" and Ultimate universe shit on the big screen.
>>
Pretty good overall
>Dumpster level MJ, hope they walk back on that and give us real Mary Jane in a future movie
>The identity reveal with May sucked because Holland and Tomei's scene after the ferry was great and showed that they could really pull a good emotional scene off but instead they squandered it for a cheap laugh
>Didn't much care for Flash and felt he was an unbelievable bully but he wasn't the worst shit I've ever seen. I wish he was a Spider-Man fan but it's not too late to make him one.
>I kind of felt like Ben and the spider should've made it in if only as an opening credits sequence, because it kind of dates the movie to not have it. If someone saw this 50 years down the line and had no knowledge of Spider-Man they would have no idea how he came to be. Ultimately I wish they'd make a One-Shot out of it though if they still made those.
>I felt like the suit AI and 500-something web types were a bit much but I appreciated modernizing the Spider Tracker and web wings.
>Vulture and his gang were great.
>The rubble scene was great and I loved seeing it on screen.
>I don't really like that Pete didn't do much hand to hand combat but I get that he is squeamish at his age. I hope in the next movies he learns to fight.
>Pete was a lot less resentful than he was at that age in 616. I didn't mind it too much but I hope they'll have an arc where he decides it's not worth all the bullshit for a little while then gets guilted into starting it up again.
>>
>>93962034
Yep. No highly destructive bomb, no earth shattering weapons or something that could cause damage on a nationwide scale.
>>
>>93958237
>shota

he's 20 OP
>>
File: 1500249323345-tv.png (1MB, 841x856px) Image search: [Google]
1500249323345-tv.png
1MB, 841x856px
It is only slightly better than age of Ultron, and I don't mean that as a good thing. Advertisments and EXTREMLY shitty cgi every where

no pic related is not the PlayStation 3 game
>>
>>93965546
Meant to mention that the suit is far and away my favorite live action suit, and the homemade one is pretty good too. Really disliked the Iron Spider though.
>>
It's okay. The cinematography is very uninspired a lot of the time. It's something of a '80s-styled teen comedy movie and suffers from the issues of that genre, namely that characters are tropes rather than actual characters. Speaking of which, the characters are pretty empty and disingenuous to their comic-book counterparts. The direction is okay, and the acting ranges from passable to good. The CGI is really bad for a movie released in the current year. It's a fun movie, but nothing about it really stuck with me. Perhaps the sequel will be better. The foundation is solid, even if I don't like it. Unfortunately, the sequel won't really feel organic since Peter's story is continuing through the Avengers movies. Interconnected movies in this "cinematic universe" have become a hindrance at this point. As a final point, the movie tries to validate its existence as the sixth Spider-Man entry in the past 15 years, and it tries HARD, so much so that it may as well not be a Spider-Man movie at times. It's allergic to key elements that make the character and his world who they are.
>>
I was promised a shota thread.
>>
>>93958237
I loved it. Best villain in ages, I liked that Perter wasn't a super genius. He was a more of chemist then a tech guy.
>>
>>93958237
I haven't seen it, but I imagine that even if it's bad, it'll do things right that /co/ will never acknowledge because they're too busy being contrarian and/or convincing themselves that the Raimi films were perfect.

See Exhibit A: >>93958295
>>
File: JJJJEEEEEEEEEAAAAAANNNNNNNNN.png (88KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
JJJJEEEEEEEEEAAAAAANNNNNNNNN.png
88KB, 247x248px
>>93958237
Good movie with a number of misteps.

I'm conflicted on how it was nothing like previous Spider-man movies in that, tonally, it was the closest to the comics, but at the same times those big Spider-man moments, like swinging through skyscrapers or heavy conversations with Aunt May just weren't there. And having her find out as a joke really pissed me off because that comic from the JMS run is one of my favorite single issues. Feige said he'd adapt that scene when JMS left the book too and this was how she found out? Terrible.

Tom Holland is definitely the best Peter Parker though. Keaton's Vulture had some depth going for him, but needed another scene to really be compelling to me.

Its good, but flawed. Miles beyond the ASM movies though.
>>
Harry: Hey, Pete, you're probably looking for a job now, right? Dad, maybe you can help him out.

Peter: No, I appreciate it, but I'll be fine.

Norman: It's not problem. I'll make a few calls.

Peter: No, I couldn't accept it, sir. I like to earn what I get, I can find my own work.

Norman: I respect that. You want to make it on your own steam. That's great.

I don't like drawing comparisons to the Raimi films, but it feels like Homecoming tried SO hard to not be like them that they saw that scene and decided to write the complete opposite for Homecoming Peter's character.
>>
>>93966117
This is a really good point. All the bad things in the movie are because the "we don't want to be like Raimi" bullshit
>>
>>93966531
>>93966117
No.
More like most of the bad things in the movie are because Peter didn't have any Uncle Ben stuff to shape his character's motivations.

I mean this whole movie was an audition to impress Iron Man and get into the Avengers.
>Stark giving him that 'what's inside the suit speech'
>Peter remembering that during the rubble scene

That was cringeworthy as fuck having Stark as Uncle Ben's stand-in.
>>
>>93959697
Stop saying cringe so much.

It's kinda...cringy.

You honestly sound like the kinda person that says "Ugh...CRINGE..." while wincing in real life.
>>
File: 1390063418792-2.jpg (85KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1390063418792-2.jpg
85KB, 600x602px
>>93958237
Just watched it and I thought it was solid teenage hero beginnings movie and yet miles better than GotG2, it may've been a bastardization of the source material yet it was consistent in tone and solid in execution unlike the schizofrenic garbage that was GotG2 which was a bastardization of GotG 1.
>>
>>93958818
damn, when's their sex tape coming out?
>>
>>93960081
>>93960426
>>93960687
Seriously? how fucking poor are you people. I payed 24$
>>
>>93966722
Marvel drones hate Uncle Ben
>>
>>93958237
I think the villain was the best part hilariously enough.
>>
>>93959673
Yeah, but the green goblin was a fucking dumb character in that movie
>>
File: DEzOsuiWAAELvYo.jpg (323KB, 2001x1334px) Image search: [Google]
DEzOsuiWAAELvYo.jpg
323KB, 2001x1334px
>>93965712
I think the Iron Spider was a lot more tasteful than the actual Iron Spider suit from the comics.

>Comics Tony: "So I made you this new suit, but it's in my colors just to make sure that everyone knows I own you."
>Movie Tony: "So I made you this new suit. I made sure to keep the original red and blue colors, but added a bit of yellow too. Primary colors, not a bad balance. It'd probably get kinda awkward once Captain Marvel shows up in one of these films, though."
>>
>>93966722
The thing is we've seen Spider-Man's origin story twice now in film. Hell, of the original Raimi trilogy, TWO of the three movies had Ben's death as a core element of the plot.

I think they just wanted to move away from that. They give a subtle nod to Ben, and we know it's basically the reason why he's Spider-Man at all. That's really all we need. I mean, it's not like in the comics, they're reminding us every single issue of Uncle Ben's influence on Peter. Some things, you just gotta take for granted.
>>
>>93960660
It's had a lot of good competition (apes, baby driver, dunkirk) but they're not doing particularly well either
Apes stole the second weekend but made less than half as much
>>
>>93959593
>>93961919
>le superior film tastes xDDD

>>>/tv/
>>
The best part was the montage of Spidey handling street crime in Queens. I would honestly watch a whole movie of that.
>>
File: 1499796482995.png (684KB, 480x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1499796482995.png
684KB, 480x1185px
>>93958237
Literally just saw it. I really loved! I really can't find any complaint other than what I've read an anon saying once, that Tony's mentoring overall doesn't make much sense considering his distance from Peter. But on the other hand having him as a constant presence could potentially overshadow Peter, so i guess it was a necessary compromise

What can i say, like many anons argue it really feels like people calling it the worst just haven't seen it or are generally too caught up on the most superficial "comic betrayals" like this or the other character's skin colour

Side note, i fucking love the homemade suit and I'm sad we'll probably never see it again, not as prominently at least
>>
>>93966117
No, those were the Webb movies, where Ben had to die over chocolate milk because Raimi already did the serious death

I actually feel like the movie was homaging Raimi, with stuff like the particularly orchestral score, placing Spidey next to American flags and the whole idea of the villain finding out Peter's identity in a mundane situation. After all the idea of featuring a Vulture with a daughter that Peter would meet was lifted directly from Raimi's Spider-Man 4 that never got made
>>
>>93970073
Well it fits Tony's character. He doesn't really know how to maintain a proper distance. He clearly looked at ALL of Peter's texts, but he also had a hard time showing his care. That's what Tony is.
>>
>>93970197
True, he also kept mentioning his relationship with his father and how it must've been influencing him. I know people hate him because he's the face of the entire universe, but Tony is such a consistently written character, it's ridiculous considering how long he's been around
>>
>>93968720
>know it's basically the reason why he's Spider-Man at all
He is Spider-man because being a hero is cool
>>
>>93958237
Great villain
Mediocre/poor action
Todd's a good spider-man but I hope to god that he somehow gets a real adult voice at some point.
Most of the other actors were fine too but got almost no characterization, which was disappointing.
Flash sucked.
His "Avengers suit" looked terrible, I would have turned down the deal just because of that.

7/10, would watch again if it's on TV.
>>
>>93970408
>When you can do the things that I can, but you don't, and then the bad things happen? They happen because of you
>>
>>93968670
I'll give you that it's better than the comic one, but I never liked the comic one either personally.
>>
Terrible adaptation. I did not enjoy my time watching it.
>>
File: 1474313606597.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1474313606597.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>93965649
>>
>>93959451
Name one
>>
>>93958818
That was just a girl with short hair but, uh um.
What schools don't allow gays??
>>
>>93970188
>No, those were the Webb movies, where Ben had to die over chocolate milk because Raimi already did the serious death

Uncle Ben's death being the result of something mundane is part of the character's foundation.

>I actually feel like the movie was homaging Raimi, with stuff like the particularly orchestral score, placing Spidey next to American flags and the whole idea of the villain finding out Peter's identity in a mundane situation.

wut

Webb's movies did pretty much all of those.
>>
>>93958237
I still want to fuck Tom Holland.
>>
>>93972608
Yeah, about that
>>
>>93959072
Holland>Garfield>The guy from Turn Off the Dark>McGuire
>>
>>93972340
Nick Fury
>>
>>93972726
Drone
>>
>>93958237
Great film.

Raimi-Man 2 > Homecoming > Raimi-Man 1 > the others literally don't matter.
>>
>>93972692
you have some competition >>93958818
>>
Reminder that a good number of problems would have been avoided if Happy did his fucking job
>>
>>93972849
I want to fuck them both at the same time.
>>
>>93966099
>but at the same times those big Spider-man moments, like swinging through skyscrapers or heavy conversations with Aunt May just weren't there.

I actually really liked this. It felt almost like a day in the life of early Spider-Man. He's not really in the gloriously swinging through NY as a red-and-blue adonis league yet, and the film isn't about his family drama; that, presumably, comes later.

It's a movie about Spider-an trying to stop a crook and and learning some life lessons in the process.
>>
>>93958237
Very good movie, but I don't like Stark or Iron man.

It was a fun reintroduction to Spider-man that culminated in a worthy reboot taking the best of the youthful vigor of the Ultimate Spider-man run and the synergy of the MCU.

Again, while I like that this Spider-man is officially tied into this universe, I could do with less RDJ But, to be honest, he was in the movie far less than I thought he would be and actually appeared int he right amounts. I just don't like RDJ's Iron man post OG Iron Man
>>
>>93958237
Pretty good, one of my favourites of the MCU

Overall i rate all the Spiderman movies like this:

1. Spiderman 3
2. Spiderman 2
3. Spiderman 1
4. Spiderman Homecoming
5. The Amazing Spiderman 2
6. The Amazing Spiderman
>>
>>93966722
Stark wasn't the Ben stand-in you idiot. He didn't teach Peter the great power, great responsibility thing. The rubble scene is NOT about the great power moral, it's about finding your inner worth and pushing yourself to be better.

There IS a scene that plays heavily on the great responsibility theme, but it comes before that, and Stark plays no part in it. It's when Peter leaves Liz at the dance.

Ben isn't brought up by name but he is hinted at pretty heavily and we know this Spidery has gotten that speech already.
>>
Apparently people need shit spelled out to them because Uncle Ben still has a presence in this movie
>>
>>93973043
There was nothing implying Ben existed in the movie
>>
>>93972984
Man, MCU shills are really dumb.
>>
File: 1500310813763[1].jpg (151KB, 636x954px) Image search: [Google]
1500310813763[1].jpg
151KB, 636x954px
it gave us the hottest spider waifu thus far
>>
>>93973477
That looks like a dude.
>>
>>93973093
Homecoming
>I couldn't do that to May, not after everything that's happened
Civil War
>Because when you have the ability to help people but you don't, it becomes your responsibility

Context clues you brain dead pleb
>>
>>93973610
If more dudes looked like that, I'd gladly go gay
>>
>>93958237
He isn't anything near "shota."
>>
>>93958775
>Hipster asshat
Don't forget emo
>>
>>93973784
indeed
>>
>>93973477
Meh.
>>
>>93958796
The Spider-Boy: Memecoming naysayers apparently only like Spider-Man for

1. Constant Uncle Ben related guilt trips
2. 145-year-old Aunt May
3. Muh "face it tiger"
4. Constant Uncle Ben related guilt trips
>>
>>93973477
>Not Bryce Dallas Howard as Gwen
>Not Emma Stone as Gwen
>Not Kirsten Dunst as MJ

I respect your taste, but the movies have had some wonderful ladies.
>>
>>93973784
He's fifteen in the movie, so sorta borderline shota, borderline yaoi
>>
>>93958796
Not him, but Uncle Ben being in the movie doesn't mean retelling that story. He isn't mentioned directly. Yes, there's a one off line about how he "can't do that to May after all that's happened," and another in Civil War about how you're responsible for bad things happening if you can stop them but don't, but Uncle Ben has zero presence. Peter's single driving motivation is impressing Tony, and that's a no-go.
>>
>>93974001
I hated Dunst. Holy shit this bitch ruined three whole movies with her whining.
>>
>>93974038
>that's a no-go
Why?
>>
>>93974001

Dunst's babyface and character annoyed me and Emma looks like a frog to me
>>
>>93974062
Because it only helps make this iteration of Peter one-dimensional. He only wants a girlfriend and to impress Tony. Doing the right thing seems secondary, even if it's the focus for the final act. I was happy when he finally decided to be responsible, but it took a lot of time to get there. Said time wasn't particularly enjoyable for me.

Some people praise the movie for having low stakes relative to the rest of the MCU, and yeah, that is nice. It's good to see that the city/world/galaxy/dimension will go on just fine without Spider-Man. But I feel that people forget that what makes personal tales good is usually high personal stakes. Those were almost nonexistent, and the ones that were given were portrayed poorly, in my opinion.
>>
Didn't connect with the younger audience enough. Box office would have made triple the profit if they would've just given Holland a manbun
>>
File: kaz.gif (1MB, 300x160px) Image search: [Google]
kaz.gif
1MB, 300x160px
>>93973610
>>93973920
>>93973477

>sharp knees 2/10
>>
File: Zendaya-in-Spider-Man-Homecoming.jpg (178KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
Zendaya-in-Spider-Man-Homecoming.jpg
178KB, 1600x800px
So she's ex-SHIELD, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dNYiQWkl9Q
>>
>>93974848
I don't understand the purpouse of her character
>>
>>93974848
>>93973477
her pop star face/makeup scares me

Disheveled Zendaya is so much better.
>>
File: 1486355927540.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1486355927540.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>93958818
>so many people swearing
>Disney movie
>MCU movies

Is this your first time, or...?
>>
File: 1456160440581.png (237KB, 500x370px) Image search: [Google]
1456160440581.png
237KB, 500x370px
>>93958237
>the dust has settled

What the everloving fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>93974001
Dunst was an attrotious MJ. You have a point with Gwen though
>>
>>93960838
Uncle Ben was mentioned in the movie, albeit indirectly

The kid is 15 and he lost two of his father figures, why would he bring it up again?
>>
>>93975168
Atrocious or not, she's a cutie.
>>
>>93958237
Movie was shit
>>
>>93974001
>Kirsten dunst
>not Christina Hendricks
Imagine her acting like a high school student hnnng
>>
Not perfect, but I really enjoyed it. Holland was a great Spidey. It sure as hell made up for the awful ASM movies.
>>
wouldn't iron man put little trackers on the things he was shipping? seems important enough
>>
a billion times better than AG spiderman. I liked it actually. I didnt think I was going to.
>>
>>93977440
Any possible answer to that questiont can't change how things developed along the movie
>>
>>93970197
>>93970298
I thought it was kind of nice because instead of a lot of Peter looking for a father figure in Tony, it had a lot of Tony looking for a son figure in Peter.

And it sets up the gut punch when Spider Man gets killed in Infinity War.
>>
>>93977619
that's true
>>
File: 1479844741597.jpg (13KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1479844741597.jpg
13KB, 601x601px
>That scene with Peter crushed under rubble, crying and whimpering for help
>>
>>93961339
I liked that Vulture felt genuinely relatable. It wasn't even just "fuck the rich, I'm gonna be a bad guy now" he just wanted to give his family a good life. Even his murdering a henchman was completely by accident, and despite all Peter had done to ruin his operation and break up his family he still wasn't willing to rat him out.
>>
>>93974982
Apparently just setting her up as the new love interest in the sequel. It'd be fine if they included a character who was intended to be the new love interest, but at least give her something to do. Her entire role in the movie is to just pop up at random points and make a snarky comment. You could cut her out of the movie and lose absolutely nothing because she has no role whatsoever in the story.
>>
>>93978087
I wonder if they'll have him back in the next one. They went through the trouble of having him survive, it'd be a shame to not follow up on him.
>>
>>93958237
Michael Keaton brought a good villain to the table, maybe not so much in endgame ambitions, but definitely in backstory and nuance. Hopefully Marvel can keep improving from here on out in that regard
>>
>>93974982

she's just a side character in this film but she was in it to give us a look at her personality and also clue us in that she likes Peter

definitely a bigger presence next film
>>
>>93958237
>Spidershota
BEST OF THE DAY MAN, nope, best of the month. hyperkek for you
>>
So, Scorpion is the villain in the next one, then?
>>
>>93978489
I kind of see him as being the Crossbones of the sequel. He shows up at the beginning to cause trouble, gets dealt with, and then the story moves on to the actual villain.
>>
why wasn't there a leak so i don't have to wait months for a DVD/BD to pirate
>>
>>93977085

Not shit but nothing to write home about. People have pretty low standards but millions of ticket sales for Transformers proves THAT.
>>
>>93977883
Bruv
>>
I want Peter to find a way to fuck the AI. That moment when they were talking while Pete was trapped was cute.
>>
>>93973999
dude... just give up. 61% drop second week. this shit is lame. let it die beaten by some fucking cgi apes. HA
>>
>>93973477
Is that from "Trasparent" on amazon?
>>
>>93978812
>61%
Wow, wonder womand would fucked that spidershota boy with an strapon a month ago.
>>
>>93978812
In their defense, those fucking cgi apes have been consistently great for their first two movies
>>
Before people start arguing about the drop again, what do you hope to see in the sequel?
>>
>>93979021
wait does /tv/ actually like that shit?
>>
>>93979100
peter selling MJ's soul to the fucking devil
>>
>>93979100
Some variation of the Sinister Six. Gargan and some other hardasses get to Tinkerer and make him continue to repurpose tech for them, except this time they're specifically gunning for Spider-man.

Also Jameson, all the property damage Peter did throughout the movie would lend itself easily to the HE'S A MENACE narrative.
>>
Good movie. First half was average to boring, second half was great. The MCU references became grating after some time, but I liked it.
>>
>>93960838
We've seen Uncle Ben die in Cinema twice (albeit one time in a really shitty way) we don't need to see it again. Don't make spiderman into another Batman, we don't need six million re-tellings of his origin story.
>>
>>93959685
its literally the same role why do people still say this shit
>>
>>93979175
>peter selling MJ's ASS to the fucking devil
ftfy
>>
>>93979021
>those fucking cgi apes
they are not considered the no 2 best superhero of all time.
>>
pretty decent spider-man story. i also liked how he ate with his mask half on.

weak beginning.

toomes as liz's father was decent the homecoming dance dilemma seemed like classic morality/parker luck were decent.

martin starr was good, zendaya was good

the vulture was great
>>
Dust doesn't settle in two weeks. Or are you just doing the /tv/ meme of taking common phrases and purposely misusing them?
>>
>>93958237
i wish they stoped doing superheroes movies already
>>
>>93979454
I did like that even if we didn't get the Uncle Ben thing, Peter having to constantly sacrifice his own wants to do the right thing was still there.
>>
>>93977622
Nah it will be the other way around, giving Peter an Uncle Ben-like moment.
>>
>>93978844

What?
>>
>>93979459
New faggot
>>
>>93958237
>Movie about kid who swings around fighting man who flies in the air
>Majority of their fights are either one sided or not airborne at all

And don't give me that "He's just a kid" bullshit, he fought falcon and THAT had more two sided airborne combat
>>
File: mksm-08-22.jpg (464KB, 1200x1893px) Image search: [Google]
mksm-08-22.jpg
464KB, 1200x1893px
>>93959583
it got called on /co/ like a month and a half before it came out when we realized Vulture's daughter was depicted as black in marvel knights spider-man
>>
>>93979855
He's just following Mr. Stark's orders and subsequently the entire theme of the movie; "Stay low to the ground".
Hence he never really soars in the air and any time he does is one of the more tense moments in the movie.
>>
>>93979927
>He's just following Mistah Stark's orders
I see now why they wrote a Miles movie but used peter parker
>>
>>93979653
>Tony sacrifices himself, because if a terrible thing is about to happen, and there's something you can do to stop it but you do nothing, it's your fault
>>
>>93961919
>>93959593

Uh its pretty simple to see why its shocking. Its a perfect example of Spider-Man's life colliding into Peter Parker's. From the moment that door opens you know that Peter can no longer have the perfect Homecoming dance he wanted because Spider-Man needs to get to work.

Are you autistic by any chance?
>>
>>93978489
They're using him for Sony's "Silver and Black" pretend MCU movie after this, so who knows.
>>
>>93978756
WHY ISNT THERE ANY DRAWINGS OF HOLOGRAM KAREN YET?!
>>
File: ultimatespider-man039brak7.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
ultimatespider-man039brak7.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>93980085
You people are fucking retarded
>>
>>93960660
>Is it true that the movie is underperforming or is it a meme?
China's release got delayed because the government got worried that the domestic films wouldn't make enough money. So all Hollywood films meant to release this month are delayed until further notice.
>>
Kill MJ
Fuck May
Marry Vulture
>>
>>93961154
Flash wasn't a bully he was a rich douchebag who did a little name calling
>>
>>93972868
yeah it was a decent teen Spider-Man movie, the problem is everyone wanted a movie with Spider-Man as an established adult
>>
There's some funny memes of Aunt toMei screenshot popping her head thru door.
>>
4th best spider-man movie desu
>>
>>93958237
An okay movie that, while enjoyable, doesn't leave me with any desire to watch it again.
>>
>>93982010
>the problem is everyone wanted a movie with Spider-Man as an established adult
cite your sources
>>
I liked it, but I'm hoping that future movies won't take place in high school. In that many years the actors won't look like high schoolers
>>
>>93973477
STICC
>>
>>93959565
He and I probably went to school at a time when they were such things as dress codes, and faggotry wasn't trendy
>>
>>93960821
Damn, another absent father figure. Poor Peter.
>>
>>93982388
He'll probably graduate in the next one and then start his internship at Michelle's father news company
>>
>>93982594
Symbiote when?? How many decades do you think it'll be before we see Pik Rollo on the big screen? They can basically do a whole movie series like Guardians of the Galaxy but without the retro music.
>>
File: efd.jpg (96KB, 680x659px) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
96KB, 680x659px
Peter Parker falls in love with Mary Jane Watson.

Unable to confess, the wall crawler is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when the spider-based superhero recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of the MARVEL MULTIVERSE.
>>
>>93982667
>>>/a/
>>
>>93982594
>MJ
>Michelle Jameson
Fuck, you could be right
>>
File: Spider-Man and AU Spider-Man.jpg (83KB, 625x417px) Image search: [Google]
Spider-Man and AU Spider-Man.jpg
83KB, 625x417px
>>93982667
FINDS
>>
>>93982667
Stop posting that because it's already a thing.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3206139
>>
File: Thefedora.jpg (190KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
Thefedora.jpg
190KB, 1067x800px
THE HAT
>>
File: Sp-Ai-Der-Man.png (578KB, 1280x546px) Image search: [Google]
Sp-Ai-Der-Man.png
578KB, 1280x546px
>>93982667
Peter Parker falls in love with Gwen Stacy.

Unable to confess, the wall crawler is gifted by a deus ex machina with the girl's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when the spider-based superhero recounts the previous day's confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn't exist in this universe at all. She is the girl's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of the MARVEL MULTIVERSE.
>>
>>93972866
But just one dick! What do?!
>>
>>93982711
They really have to do this.
Give the fat kid a fedora.
They really did this.
Now I'm confused...
>>
>>93973477
If she looked and dressed like this in the movie box office would've been double, easy. Can't fathom why they would take a character who's already singularly unlikeable on paper and decide to make her frumpy too.
>>
>>93982764
IT'S NOT WORKING
>>
that tension filled car scene was good

liked the home videos shit and the way holland portrayed spiderman in his goofy teenage years

keaton was great as vulture
>>
>>93974001
Reminder that Bryce and Kirsten were cast the wrong way round
>>
>>93979418
They should be
>>
>>93979924
Yeah but /co/ though it was Zendaya
>>
>>93973477
Ew.
>>
>>93982826
It never does
>>
>>93982667
>>93982697
Amazing Spider-Man 3 Plot confirmed!
>>
All the side characters are shit.
Especially Tony Stark
>>
>>93963570
Can you criticize anything else?
>>
>>93973477
Thank you, hungry skeletal.
>>
I want to see this Spider-Man evolve and mature.

I also want to see a full big band orchestral rendition of the '60s Spider-Man theme.
>>
>Iron Man's angry face popping out the ferry's window
>Toomes' face illuminated by the green light when discovers Pedro's identity
>Peter's half masked face in the water

This movie liked faces
>>
>>93972896
>spiderman 3 in first
You have strange tastes, anon
>>
File: hojo.jpg (22KB, 746x508px) Image search: [Google]
hojo.jpg
22KB, 746x508px
>>93977883
That and the 'dad talk' scenes were what made the film for me. Shit was intense.
>>
>>93958237
It was a good superhero movie but a shitty Spider-Man movie.
>>
>>93958237

The absolute best Spider-Man film hands down, and the best Marvel Movie hands down. Solid cast, great reinterpretation of the character that not only was refreshing, but managed to stay true to the spirit of the original, while managing to fit it into the confines of the Marvel Cinematic universe. Loved, LOVED, Michael Keaton in this and was genuinely surprised when he turned out to be Liz's father but it made sense when I thought back to it.

Couple of things that annoyed me: Happy Hogan being terrible at his job, and Shocker being at the School when Pete decides to ditch homecoming, but the second could easily be explained. Also, I was happy to see a multi-cultural casting not be used for SJW points, and instead a greater focus was making these characters well-rounded and not just adapting them to a new race. I hope future productions (and comic writers) take note when they switch races around.

Also, how can one man be so right? Especially in light of Tony being the movie's secondary, idealogical, antagonist. I especially liked how at the end, both Toomes and Peter choose to not betray their revolutionary leanings, each in their own way. I feel like the Working Class struggle has always been a theme of Spider-Man, but this is really the first time it was addressed so directly. I loved it.
>>
>>93985488
Where can I get a jacket like that?
>>
>>93959593

It's a pretty classic Spider-Man story. Peter, for one reason or another has given up on Spider-Man and is going to try and live as Peter Parker, and focus on his much neglected personal life, but in that moment it all goes out the window when Spider-Man's life busts in and Peter has to now choose between Spider-Man and Peter Parker. In the end, he knows the stakes are much higher than his own happiness and chooses to be Spider-Man, despite the danger and personal cost.

Also, while they could have spent more time fleshing Liz out, we got to know her enough to know that she is 1) An honest, hardworking, diligent, person who 2) genuinely likes Peter, despite his flaws and perceived flakiness. To find out that her life is a lie is, at the very least, a bit sad, but it's not really what makes the scene so shocking.

>>93959602

The one with Donald Glover that came out before Amazing that got no advertising and tanked at the box office. i'm not surprised you never heard about it. it had an extremely limited run and simply existed so Sony could keep the rights.
>>
>>93959673

Norman was hardly another Middle Aged man from the neighborhood. He was his friend's rich, asshole father. Vulture, in this movie, is a genuinely nice and loving father who went out of his way to do all he could to support his family and give his daughter a better life than he had.

Though that said, it is a bit of the Green Goblin storyline (and I guess Molten Man) mixed into Vulture's to make him more well rounded.
>>
>>93958237
Needed more Uncle Ben influence to counteract the Stark influence.

Civil War handled the unseen Uncle Ben much better, while he might as well not have existed here.

Not a patch on the Raimi films for this reason. It and the TASMs both forgot about this basic stuff even if TASM1 had Uncle Ben in the flesh.
>>
File: 1354341447221.jpg (8KB, 229x251px) Image search: [Google]
1354341447221.jpg
8KB, 229x251px
>>93982686
>>93982594

> mfw JJJ is black.
>>
>>93985515

I think it's a Flight Jacket, but it might be some sort of custom job. It was a great jacket though.
>>
>>93985838
Exactly, I looked up flight jackets but can't really find one where the collar part is as vulture-ish as in the movie
>>
>>93985860

Costuming department probably threw it together then. I'm sure someone can figure out the brand of jacket used.
>>
File: CAT_JOY_OK_HAND.png (212KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
CAT_JOY_OK_HAND.png
212KB, 480x480px
>>93985763
>J. Jamal Jameson
>>
>>93961217
Tony is an insufferable prick who assumes his word is law. Spider-man should've said, "Keep your damn suit, Mr. Stark."
>>
>>93986212
It would have been interesting to see Spidey never getting the suit tony made back and got stuck with a crappy suit for the sequel
>>
File: sp32lrg._V25496143_.jpg (100KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
sp32lrg._V25496143_.jpg
100KB, 500x378px
>>93984188
I love all Raimi Spiderman movies equally but 3 takes the cake for me because i liked pretty much everything about it. The humor, fights, friendship between Peter, Harry, MJ and the comfy moments. I guess its because i don't like comic books so i didn't really cared if Sandman or Venom were the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDGRAHBojWE
>>
>>93986898
As a comics fan i agree SM3 is still a damn good movie, comic accuracy aside. But not too dissimilarly to TDKR I'd say the movie is kinda rough around the edges. For example i liked the "trouble in paradise" relationship between MJ and Peter but that subplot kinda goes nowhere since once she's kidnapped AGAIN her agency and problems disappear to focus on the rest of the busy cast
>>
>>93986324
Interesting, but not really something that would work. Part of the point of iconic superheroes is the iconic imagery. You can pull that kinda shit with Hawkeye or Wasp, since the average normie knows nothing about them, but not Spider-Man, literally the most popular superhero in the World, even above Batman.
>>
>>93958237
Could have been great, but instead of Spidey doing spiderman shit, he does shit specifically to get noticed by the Avengers and Stark.

The movie completely underplays his own brilliance, Stark gave him everything aside from his web shooters, the movie wants to be a SJW safe haven,Zendaya as "MJ" is bullshit - and fuck that whole "Washington Monument was built by slaves" spiel. And for those saying that Zendaya isn't really MJ, she's obviously replacing Mary Jane Watson as the primary female lead.

The best part of the movie was Keaton as Vulture - never did I think Vulture could be made into a cool character, but he was awesome as fuck, and made into a very relatable villain.
>>
>>93985488
Happy's always been bad at his job. The only reason he has it is because of nepotism. He's, like, one of the four people in the world on genuinely good terms with Tony.
>>
File: half spiderman.jpg (96KB, 468x458px) Image search: [Google]
half spiderman.jpg
96KB, 468x458px
Has any other movie done the iconic half Peter Parker half Spiderman face like that?
>>
The thing that really bothers me is how inconsistent Peter's Spider Sense is. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He gets blindsided way too often, but very rarely you see him dodge something he never should have seen coming.
>>
>>93987966

does Peter even have spidey sence in the MCU? I don't think he used it once
>>
>>93987992
He uses it like three times across the two movies he's in. I don't think he's entirely aware of it yet. According to Feige, though, it's definitely one of his powers and it's something they wanna explore in the future. At the same time, though, they wanna make less of a spectacle of it, like in previous films where it was always this flashy, slow-mo thing.
>>
>>93987992
>>93987966
Russos confirmed Spidey has it on Infinityt War and in the trailer shown he used it. Do you even pay attention to all the news regarding the MCU?
>>
>>93987992
The closest he gets to alluding to it in Civil War is explaining how he has to wear blinders to dampen his senses otherwise they'd overwhelm him.
>>
>>93985763
>>93986168
Or he is white and has a black wife like best MCU villain.
That's somehow a nice change of this blacked fetish Marvel has, white men having black MILF wifes.

Michelle already looks partly non-negroid.
>>
>>93958237
nah it was crap
>>
>>93988218
Zendaya is literally of mixed family, her mom's white
>>
Nothing memorable. Bad Peter Parker characterization. But that's how he is nowadays because nerds don't sell that much anymore. The movie is okay and there are some funny jokes. But so bland,and it misses the point of Peter Parker's character.
>>
>>93958365

This. It was Ironman: Spider-Man edition. I didn't care for it.

And don't even get me started on the obvious blue pill bs they tried to shove down our throats. Cultural Marxists have no shame
>>
>>93958818
So you get bones when you hear a girl telling she want to be fucked by a guy that is not you?
>>
>>93988582
You don't? Might wanna get your test checked
>>
>>93982749
One fucks me while I fuck the other one, obviously.
>>
>>93988554
Why do you lie about how much Ironman was in it?
>>
File: image-2.jpg (19KB, 329x231px) Image search: [Google]
image-2.jpg
19KB, 329x231px
>>93965110
I pooped myself a little with the way he fucking screamed for help shen he was trapped under the building and then went apeshit when he fstafted lifting it
>>
>>93987819
>never did I think Vulture could be made into a cool character

Roger Stern would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>93988582
She was cute and underage. Imagining an old big man like Thor fucking her was hot >>93960182
>>
>>93958237
Better than the TAS movies but still not my spidey
>>
>>93988925
It wasn't just about how much Ironman himself was in it, it was his influence over the whole thing. All Peter seemed to talk about was Stark. And his suit was literally an Ironman suit with a Spider-Man design. Horrible
>>
>>93959593
You've never read a Spiderman comic, have you?
>>
>>93959673
How is Osborn being the Green Goblin a twist, ever?
>>
>>93978756
This. Karen best wA.I.fu
>>
>>93958237
I liked it. First marvel villian I'll remember.
>>
what did you guys think of Vulture's design?
I liked it, but I might be biased because I like the flight helmet + mechanical design
>>
>>93974001
>Bryce Dallas Howard
MOMMY
>>
>>93989032
It was the Iron Spider suit, but I agree. Most of the movie it seemed like Peter wanted to be a hero to join the avengers/impress Tony, instead of for the sake of helping people
>>
>>93985620
>The one with Donald Glover that came out before Amazing that got no advertising and tanked at the box office
Why make shit up?
>>
>>93989736
Peter was helping people. He's also a 15 year old and literally helping old ladies cross the street after fighting Captain America is comparatively boring. He doesn't wanna be treated like a kid, he wants more. Basic growing up story anon.
>>
>>93958237
Comparable to the Toby movies. But if I had to choose, I'd say that the Toby movies were better.
>>
>>93990014
Pretty much how i feel. We'll never get back to the magnificence of those movies (and i say that about the genre as a whole) but after the collective shitshow of the TASM movies and the, what, decade (?) of Slott comics Homecoming felt particularly refreshing as a Spider-Man fan
>>
>>93989860
I feel like this Peter is still more admirable than the Peter who beat up the Fantastic Four hoping to join them because he thought they'd pay him for hero-ing.
>>
Peter could be a real dick at times back in the day.
>>
>>93989032
> his suit was literally an Ironman suit with a Spider-Man design.
No it wasn't. It had different gadgets and web types + an AI in hard mode. He wasn't flying around shooting fucking lasers at people. He was forced to run on foot when he couldn't web-swing from any buildings.

In the MCU Peter has grown up jerking it to Tony Stark and the Avengers like everyone else his age. It makes sense in-universe that he would be star-struck by Tony and try to impress him, but wanting to be an Avenger is not the reason he became Spider-Man and the audience knows that.

He was jumping around in his homemade suit and fighting crime before Iron Man contacted him.
>>
>>93983193

Dat Marvel intro

https://youtu.be/SHPIRBeTh8E
>>
>>93989591
Good design. I'm guessing the initial concept was 'big demonic metal vulture' and it came across well. Also liked how they furthered the vulture theme and made him a scavenger. .
>>
>>93986212

I feel like between PTSD from Avengers and having all those old wounds opened in Civil War he's probably not in the best place, mentally
Thread posts: 325
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.