[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The pros and cons of /co/ related media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Steven Jewniverse.png (411KB, 1008x403px) Image search: [Google]
Steven Jewniverse.png
411KB, 1008x403px
It can be anything, so long as it's /co/ related. I'll start.

Steven Universe

Pros:
>Light hearted
>Interested aesthetics
>The music
>Some of the character interactions are pretty funny
>The overarching story is intriguing enough to keep me watching
>Yellow Diamond makes a pretty imposing antagonistic force
>Deals with some pretty heavy character development via real world universal issues (i.e. depression, lose of a loved one, etc)

Cons:
>Uninspired art style
>Plot points frequently get dropped for bullshit filler (ala Adventure Time)
>Focuses far too much on being "diverse"
>Toxic as shit fanbase
>The main character is a useless Mary Sue
>Rose Quartz is a plot device rather than a character
>>
>useless
>mary sue

how can you be this retarded
>>
File: IMG_9666.jpg (144KB, 558x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9666.jpg
144KB, 558x900px
>>93956891
>>Uninspired art style
I like it alot
>>Plot points frequently get dropped for bullshit filler (ala Adventure Time)
Thats true
>>Focuses far too much on being "diverse"
How so?
>>Toxic as shit fanbase
Also true
>>The main character is a useless Mary Sue
He crys like all the time
>>Rose Quartz is a plot device rather than a character
She has character, but for everything else your mostly right
>>
>>93959676
>I like it alot
Explain why.
>>
>>93959698
The characters look cute and sexy to me. I would fuck all three of the crystal gems, and peridot makes me hard.
>>
>>93959709
Ah so you just have completely shit taste, then.

AND I just realized you're a tripfag. Filtered.
>>
>>93959752
I just told you my honest opinion, faggot
>>
>>93956891
Star Vs.
>Music is usually pretty great
>Cartoons with their own worlds and rules are usually a blast for how creative they can get
>Story is interesting and exciting to see unfold

Cons
>Shitty as fuck pacing sometimes. Either too much filler sometimes, or they rush through the plot (Like the climax to the recent tv movie) I skip alot of episodes and only go back to watch if it becomes important to the plot (Like the stupid ludo episodes)
>Ludo is annoying as shit when he's the focal point of an episode
>Jackie's whole purpose, so far, is just to be a love interest and that's boring for a 2017 cartoon

Steven Universe (since the two get compared a lot)

>Pretty much everything OP said
>The less shitty side of the fandom (leddit is way better than tumblr especially if you're mostly there for fanart) has done some great things in terms of fanworks, and the fan theory threads are always a fun thing to take part in. Figuring out Garnet was a fusion a year before they revealed it was pretty fucking cool
>The expressions are reaction face gold

cons
>The toxic fanbase especially on tumblr
>/co/ assumes if you like SU you're a sjw transboi dyke feminist retard which makes discussing the show here more frustrating than it has to be
>Art is all over the place because they don't have height charts or practice consistency for "artistic freedom" but sometimes it ends up looking really fucking messy (Like when Steven suddenly ends up the size of a toddler with Garnet being just barely taller than him).
>The mystery involving Rose Quartz is being unraveled so fucking slow it kind of pisses me off sometimes. By now I feel like we should know more about her and who she was but i see two sides of what feels like two different characters and it doesn't add up yet
>Steven can be kinda preachy and cries more than a 14 year old boy probably would
>>
>>93956891
Loud House
>Great retro inspired style
>They balance the amount of characters utilized in an episode well so things don't get rushed too much most of the time
>Good voice acting, i only hate the princess twin (I don't know all their names)
>Stories are fun slice of life turned silly and it suits the story fine

Cons
>I really hate things that have a character look directly into the 'camera' and talk directly to the viewer when it doesn't fit the show.
>Sometimes some of the sisters seem really one dimensional (Lenny and the goth one)
>The parents are the most irresponsible human beings ever from the fact they made their own son sleep outside because he's 'bad luck' to the fact they have 11 fucking children, with one of them being an INFANT implying she's not the last.
>Are the louds mormons?
>Lincoln's hair being white kinda bothers me but that's probably a hugely biased opinion
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.