[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Things are finally going my way"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: emos.png (197KB, 303x297px) Image search: [Google]
emos.png
197KB, 303x297px
This is from Dtiko himself. Peter literally hated Flash Thompson. His desire was that Flash died. Still, both bullying apologists and Homecoming flash apologists (what an heterogeneous group) like to underplay that hatred. Why is that?
>>
HEY FAGGOT DID YOU KNOW THAT PROFESSOR X WANTED TO FUCK JEAN GREY AND DAREDEVIL HATED MUTANTS

HOW ABOUT YOU BRING UP THAT OR ANY OTHER RANDOM SILVER AGE BULLSHIT THAT GOT RETCONNED

OH I KNOW WHY BECAUSE THESE THINGS ARE NOT CONVENIENT FOR A NARRATIVE YOU'RE TRYING TO PUSH
>>
>Momentarily thinks about letting Flash to his own devices.
>Immediately decides against it because it'd be irresponsible.
>Peter and Flash canonically became friends anyway.

Really nurtures the neurons
>>
>>93949761
Ditko was a stupid asshole, no one should care what he thinks.
>>
Because comic book characters are one-dimensional puppets to be manipulated by whatever creative team has the rights to them
>>
>>93949761
Pete was a bit of a little shit in the early years. I actually miss it. It was better when he had to try to do the right thing against his own nature instead of being some paragon of morality.
>>
>>93949761
>Why is that?
Probably because school shooters have become a thing? You can't let a white male high school student lament on just how much they hate Chads anymore, or some people may get the wrong message.
>>
File: spider-man friends.png (824KB, 946x436px) Image search: [Google]
spider-man friends.png
824KB, 946x436px
I love Ditko Spidey, and he'll always be the true vision of the character in my mind.

But the fact is, Stan and Steve disagreed on what direction to take him, and that's what resulted in Steve ragequitting when he did, and Stan immediately took it in his own direction. And in spite of all that Ditko did for the character that became iconic, Stan's vision was the one that took hold and rocketed to popularity.

This panel is from the very issue after Ditko left, after Stan and him had a disagreement on what the Green Goblin's identity would be. Steve did only 38 issues of ASM, and starting with #39 Peter would start to become close friends with his high school supporting cast.
>>
>>93950026
Actually, no. I distinctly remember reading the very first issue of ASM and it had Peter performing for a guy, showing his powerset in public in hopes to get some money raised for May's treatment, but then couldn't get the check cashed because he had no legal identity as Spider-Man. I remember wondering why wouldn't he just threaten the guy and get the money he earned. So yeah, even back then, he was a moralfag.
>>
>>93949761
Yeah, for a split second there he almost got Flash killed, wow!
>>
>>93949858
(You)
>>
>>93949761
>AND DAREDEVIL HATED MUTANTS

Yo, for reals? I haven't read every single issue of Daredevil ever, but I'd read most of his Silver and Bronze Age stuff, where is that stuff from?
>>
>>93949761
because dikto is a fucking hack
he is the dan slott + quesada of the silver age
>>
>>93949761
>>93949920

Yeah all this shows is a brilliant display of taking responsibility. It shows as much as Peter wants Flash dead for personal reasons, it's still wrong to let someone die just because they're an asshole.

That's Peter with some sense of morality and Justice. That's sure as fuck not selfie-taking-shallow-Tom-Holland.
>>
File: victory.png (434KB, 624x311px) Image search: [Google]
victory.png
434KB, 624x311px
>>93950140
>>93949858
>>93949952
Poor Ditko. It seems like J. Jonah Jameson (Stan Lee) triumphed over Peter Parker (Steve Ditko) after all
>>
File: what type of freak.png (351KB, 463x474px) Image search: [Google]
what type of freak.png
351KB, 463x474px
>>93950371
That's actually a very brief one. When he first meets Purple Man, he considers him a freak because of his supposed mutation
>>
>>93950140
>Ditko left, after Stan and him had a disagreement on what the Green Goblin's identity would be
Who did Ditko want him to be?
>>
>>93950673

Thinking something disparaging isn't the same as being all like "Fuck Mutants, I'm down with the Sentinel program!" But yeah, I can't imagine Marvel wants to bring this up much if ever.
>>
>>93949858
>A NARRATIVE
That once upon a time Dtiko wrote a hilariously homicidal Peter Parker? Cry havoc. No really, if you have mental catalogue of funny Silver Age oddities, why would you be so mad at this one?
>>
>>93950831
Just some random guy Spidey had never met before.
>>
>>93950831
I dunno about who, but ditko wanted goblin to be fucking literal magic. Which was a retarded idea. Honestly ditko thinks he was the only big thing behind spiderman and comes across as an asshole a lot.
>>
>>93951295
Because people keep trying to write Pete as a school shooter when in reality he was more a regular kid who would occasionally say "I fucking hate that guy, fuck him....well I guess I have to do the right thing anyway."
>>
>>93951397
Oh. Who's writing stuff like that right now? Sounds awful.
>>
>>93950831
Ditko was adamant that it should just be some random guy Peter had never met. It was supposed to represent the fact in real-life mysteries don't have satisfying conclusions and things don't fit together like a neat puzzle.

Lee wanted it to be Norman Osborn whose failing relationship with Harry had been a minor subplot for a few issues.

Again, I REALLY appreciate Ditko's vision of Spider-Man, but Stan was right in that it didn't really fit with the way the character was destined to go.

I've always wanted some kind of "All-Star Spider-Man", maybe by Alan Moore, that really goes back and reimagines Spider-Man through the lens of Ditko's ideology and later comics.
>>
>>93951397
A regular kid who thought such things and actually COULD kill them with his bare hands. The difference was he just put the costume on and vented his frustrations on muggers and costumed bank robbers with superpowers.
>>
>>93951489
OP
>>
>>93949761
>I could no more sit back and let harm come to Thompson, than I could swim to the moon.

Wow, such a lust for vengenance. It's a wonder that every version of Spider-man doesn't immediately murder Flash just how Ditko intended.
>>
>>93951507
>that really goes back and reimagines Spider-Man through the lens of Ditko's ideology and later comics.

I think Morrison had a pitch like that a while ago where Peter got the powers but stayed a creepy loser who was incredibly sexually frustrated.
>>
File: ditko_1.gif (309KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
ditko_1.gif
309KB, 1000x1500px
>>93949952
Shut up, you leftie parasite!
>>
>>93951571
Sounds a little too real for me
>>
>>93951571
I vaguely recall hearing about that, that may be exactly what gave me the idea.

And that at least has a 1% chance of happening unlike Moore writing for Marvel which has a 0% chance.
>>
>>93949761
Peter Parker could probably be Two-Face if he had just one bad day.
>>
>>93951571
/ourPeter/
>>
>>93949761
Why is Spiderman only wearing half his mask?
>>
>>93949761
Because Ditko got cucked.
>>
>>93951516
>>93951397
Haha, oh. So you don't like when random individuals on the internet pretend Petey isn't a good boy. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and wondered if there was some storyline that was ruining Spiderman, but you just don't like when anons say mean things about pidey.
>>
>>93951516
Yes, I am Steve Ditko. You love my creation but you hate me, just like flash thompson loved Spiderman but hated Peter Parker.

>>93951562
Because it is his burden. Being spiderman is a burden
>>
>>93951571
>Peter got the powers but stayed a creepy loser who was incredibly sexually frustrated
Wasn't one of the Spider-verse universes kinda like that? the one where he ended up as a mutant spider or something
>>
>>93950140
I don't like how incredibly self-centered and petty Ditko Peter could be. Spidey was fine, but walking around Peter was a shit.
>>
>>93952119
Makes sense, Peter being a petty cunt cost him the life of Uncle Ben, Spider-Man is him going around deliberately trying to not be like that. He's the heroic Id who says the things that Peter's too scared to, does the things that he can't.
>>
>>93952219
So it's an inverted Doctor Jekyll / Mr. Hyde?
>>
>>93950140
>>93952119
How is he petty? Ditko's Peter Parker is always worried about either the life of his widowed aunt or stopping real crime (often murder) in the city. His peers are simply hyper-social orbiters who sincerely lust for his attention to the point of their own frustration. Peter Parker is suffering to do something real and good in this world, and these people don't know the whole deal but are picking up on the insecurity of that being more important than them.
>>
>>93952273
Basically. 50% of Lee characters are that dynamic in some shape or form.
>>
>>93952427
Lee? The guy Ditko based Jonah Jameson on?
>>
>tfw you prefer Ditko's petty asshole Peter Parker
Wew
>>
>>93949761
In the same panel he immediately says he could never let that happen you dumbass. The contents of a person's character is more than the momentary vindictive impulses they feel.

If there were no thought bubbles how would you judge him? By his actions. What does he do? Save Flash.
>>
>>93951884
How about in Spider-Gwen where Peter doesn't get the spider bite and turns into a school lizard shooter.
>>
>>93952597
So people think of Peter Parker as a school shooter, now?
>>
>>93952294
You kidding? He was an asshole jerk and if someone insulted him he'd think about revenge or get pissy about it. He wasn't really that great of a person and I guess that's the point. Him refusing to stop the robber was par the course for him while other writers would chalk that up as Peter doing something selfish for a change.
>>
>>93952705
WELL HE'LL SHOW THEM! HE'LL SHOW THEM ALL!
>>
Ditko's Strange: Arrogant man loses what he loves the most to learn to use new powers to help others, against his selfish instincts.

Ditko's Spiderman: Arrogant man loses what he loves the most to learn to use new powers to help others, against his selfish instincts.
>>
>>93949761
Ditkto's peter was school shoter anon and a dick
>>
>>93952705
The way he thought a lot of them.
There was one panel where he's being bullied where he thinks something like "They don't know how strong I really am, I could kill them all in a second if I weren't so magnanimous"
>>
>>93952844
>>93952836
Not a revengeful schoolshooter. A selfish man taught to defy his instincts.

Literally a compliment to the victimization Ayn Rand criticized.

Unless you consider Parker luck a punishment for his moralism.
>>
>>93952844
Has there ever been a piece of media where Peter actually goes postal on his bullies?
>>
>>93952971
I think there was one elseworlds comic where Spidey goes postal on all his villains
>>
>>93949858
also, I was really young when Spider-Man (2002) came out, but, were hardcore Spidey fans this pissed when they basically made Gwen MJ? she didn't really become MJ until the third second movie. they even did the bridge scene minus her death with the goblin. gwen was pushed off to a background/side character in the third one.
>>
>>93952943
It makes him flakey, less than the squeaky-clean hero we're used to seeing.
Superman from Dawn of Justice comes to mind, where its clear that the only reason he's helping people because he thinks that he has to, and he honestly doesn't like having to help people only for like half of them turn around and hate him.
>>
>>93951507
>It was supposed to represent the fact in real-life mysteries don't have satisfying conclusions and things don't fit together like a neat puzzle
>ditko then goes down the autism hole and became an objectivist
>A is A, because everything should fit together like a neat puzzle when it's convenient for a political narrative

really pumps the pistons
>>
>People in thread hate Ditko Spider-Man
God, nu-/co/ is such trash.
>>
>>93949761
Peter was never really a goody 2shoes back then, he was fueled by guilt.
>>
>>93952971
He beat up his childhood bully once but considering the guy was now a cannibalistic talking swarm of mutant spiders that ate people from the inside and worse their skins like a suit, he was pretty justified in doing so.

>>93953071
I liked how they nailed the girl next door thing. She wasn't really MJ in any other way but that side of her was done well.
>>
>>93952836
To be fair Pete's introduction is basically him trying to be nice to all the kids, they call him a fag and he runs off crying.
>>
Okay it's clear to me that some of you have not read Ditko Spider-man, so let me clear something up. OP's image is exactly how "petty" Spider-man ever got. He'd think a mean thought and then follow it up with a, "Who am I kidding? That just wouldn't be right." The worst thing he ever did was web Jonah's mouth shut a couple of times. Peter has never been written as a "school-shooter" but as a human being who sometimes thinks selfish thoughts. Does that make him a selfish person? No it doesn't, because he recognizes those thoughts as selfish and rejects them. The fact that he thinks them at all, however, is what made him such an enjoyable character when he was first introduced. He wasn't a paragon of virtue who does good as naturally as breathing, he was just a kid, a human like the rest of us, and that's what made him relatable.
>>
>It's a 'thoughts are indistinguishable from actions so anything you think you might have as well done' thread
No wonder you all hate yourselves
>>
>>93950140
>Ditko left, after Stan and him had a disagreement on what the Green Goblin's identity would be.

That's a myth. Norman had been set up to be the Goblin for some time. Also the faceless, unknown villain had already been done with Crimemaster (and twice if you count Spider-Man unmasking Electro). Ditko left because he was fed up with working for Marvel.
>>
>This is from Dtiko himself.

So the ramblings of an insane man?
>>
>>93950026
>It was better when he had to try to do the right thing against his own nature instead of being some paragon of morality.

It's almost as if people go through some sort of mental change between the ages of 15 and adulthood.
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.