[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what was better ? mtv's downtown or Mission Hill ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: sucker.png (234KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
sucker.png
234KB, 500x378px
what was better ?

mtv's downtown or Mission Hill ?
>>
>>93947512
Mission Hill, easily.

Downtown was just dark and depressing, from what I remember.
>>
>>93947717
Downtown was based on true stories. Mission hill was a cartoon.
>>
>>93947512
Kek. The Real World.

I remember that shit, it was so fucking embarrassing. The 90's were embarrassing as fuck.
>>
File: the doctor is in.png (279KB, 639x404px) Image search: [Google]
the doctor is in.png
279KB, 639x404px
>>93950076
finally
>>
>>93947512
Downtown for sure and I'm from Cali. Downtown characters are more straight up city kids, Mission Hill are more stereotypes characters.
>>
>>93948605
wasn't a lot of the dialogue not really even dialogue, just the voice actors having conversations without a script ?
>>
Posey was pretty hot.
>>
File: tumblr_m216a3gKR71r3v70eo1_500.png (275KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m216a3gKR71r3v70eo1_500.png
275KB, 500x375px
>>93947512
No contest
>>
two very different comedy styles it's kinda hard to compare
>>
>>93954531
I agree.

However, I liked Mission Hill way more. God dammit, I need to watch it again.
>>
File: Gwen.jpg (211KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gwen.jpg
211KB, 720x480px
>>93954115
>Not Gwen
>>
>>93950076
real world was great before they started making them try to acheive some sort of goal.

London was goat. the british punk rock troll. the german techno dj.

then I think it was maimi or hawaii. where they wanted them to come up with a business and implement it. it was fucking embarrassing. they came up with this retarded idea of delivering luxury snack goods. I would have just bought some jet skis and rented them out to tourists at a public beach.

hawaii had that white girl with the absolutely massive udders. she was the only one who never got naked.
>>
>>93947512
TORONTO!
>>
>>93947717
The only kind of depressing thing about Downtown was how the main guy went to college for a while but dropped out and got a shitty retail job because he didn't care at all about what he was studying.

He was kind of a loser but it was generally played for laughs and he genuinely got better at the end.
>>
Did I read somewhere that Andy was supposed to have a different job and different girlfriend in every season of Mission Hill? Too bad it only got one.
>>
>>93947512
Mission Hill was funnier, but "better" is a tough call.

Guess I'll have to rewatch both again.
Oh darn it
>>
>>93957390
>retarded idea of delivering luxury snack goods

What's really ironic is how common of a business that is today. It's like how in the 80s bottled water was considered weird or a rip off.
>>
>>93954115
The weird look of her hair has always been a turnoff for me.
>>
>>93947512
I'm biased because I didn't watch MTV much as a kid (i'd watch Daria when my brother was watching it but I had to sneak around to watch it. I got babied too much as a kid.

But I was able to watch Mission Hill on adult swim because i was old enough to have my own tv in my room at that point and I loved it.

To this day I love the style of it, the characters and the music. It's disappointing it ended so soon. I wonder if this is something that could ever make a comeback in an era of reboots?
>>
File: Posey_of_Mission_Hill_by_Skypher.jpg (162KB, 1035x772px) Image search: [Google]
Posey_of_Mission_Hill_by_Skypher.jpg
162KB, 1035x772px
>>
>>93957619
Half the voice actors are dead so not likely.
>>
>>93957703

None of the main Mission Hill actors are dead. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>93957703
>>93957755
I went to look it up just to be sure. Literally none of them are dead not even a side character.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.