[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get into this character. Where should I start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Tick_poster.jpg (45KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Tick_poster.jpg
45KB, 300x450px
The comics , animated series or live action series?
>>
>>93942476
>I want to get into this character.
Try having sex with him.
>>
>>93942476

I only have experience with the animated and first live action series but both of those are worthwhile. Both are pretty funny, if a little different.

the animated series is a bit more "out there" and zany with tons of impossible characters wheras in the first live action series it seems at times that the tick the only character to actual have any powers.

i guess im saying they're both funny but they rely on different kinds of humor
>>
>>93942476
I would suggest the cartoon, personally. It encapsulates the gist of everything and, from what I've seen, while the other TV shows aren't bad, it has by far the best voice cast. Watch a few cartoon episodes, see if it's your thing and branch out into the comics and other shows.
>>
>Where should I start?

WITH A BURNING LOVE FOR JUSTICE THAT SCORCHES LIKE THE AFTERGLOW OF A CHIPOLTE PEPPER BURRITO.

I'd start with the cartoon, as it's accessible, easy to find, and probably the most commerically successful, then the comic, and then the live action stuff.
>>
>>93942817
This.
>>
File: Tick shark.jpg (117KB, 672x490px) Image search: [Google]
Tick shark.jpg
117KB, 672x490px
>>93942476
Comic-wise the original 12(?) issues by Edlund are pure gold. Paul the Samurai mini was pretty good too. The rest are decent but don't have the same spark.
>>
try his anus first
>>
Was The Tick legitimately tied with BTAS for best show on Fox Kids?
>>
>>93944096
>Comic-wise the original 12(?) issues by Edlund are pure gold

THIS
The his mom died and he got almost completely uninvolved and the whole NEC comic line went to shit
>>
There is a actual live action show after the pilot?
>>
>>93944744
There was a 2001 live action series. There was a 2016 pilot that got picked up for a new series airing in 2017.
>>
So, anyone else confused about how we're supposed to think chairface is considerably uglier than everyone else in the tick universe? He's not even the only person with an object for a head.
>>
>>93942476
All of them, man. New live action series starts in August
>>
>>93942476
First dozen issues of the original comic series.
>>
File: tumblr_n1vgfuCn3f1tonuqlo1_500.jpg (185KB, 400x611px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1vgfuCn3f1tonuqlo1_500.jpg
185KB, 400x611px
>>93944096
>>93944474
>>93946219
Tick The New Adventures by Benito Cereno is on par with the cartoon at least
>>
>>93944744
New episodes of the amazon series coming in August
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.