[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can a Doom solo work?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: tumblr_nz2ptrUwmI1tcnpluo2_1280.png (781KB, 933x439px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nz2ptrUwmI1tcnpluo2_1280.png
781KB, 933x439px
>inb4 Doom 2099

That was set in technically an AU and benefited from having an entirely different and essentially blank universe to play with. Different rules, and even a protagonist who may or may not have been the REAL Doom.

That aside, I think it can work. You just need certain things in order to make it good.

>No Doomwankery
Seriously, this. He shouldn't BTFO OMNIPOTENT Gods with no prep whatsoever. Even with prep, it shouldn't be a common occurence, and it should require actual effort.

>Show Latveria
For God's sake, expand the lore of that place. You can't have him be medieval enough to keep it looking like something out of King Arthur and then say he allows Mosques to be built. And add to the damn lore of the place. What is it? Who came there? Was it part of the Byzantine Empire? Do they have a feud with Dracula? Resident Werewolves? A Witch Coven? WHAT?!

>Show him govern
Please, just show him govern the damn place. What are laws like? Is there a universal income? Does he allow import or export of goods and services? Is there a death penalty? Do people actually like him? Does he have hs own Americops (LatveriCops)?

>Give him a Supporting Cast
Jesus fuck, the man needs that. Namor & Loki are the cameo-bros. Borris & Kristoff are the family. But give him someone else! Maybe a Latverian girl ala Magik who becomes his Dark Arts Student (and then they fucc). Dreadknight. Just... someone!

>Love Interests
Apart from Morgan Le Fay, who's now more of an adversary, he has nothing. Pair him up with a revamped Goblin Queen. Bring back Satana. Just... something.

>Dark & Somber Tone
No gore or "le EdGY" tryhard, just a melancholic atmosphere. Where Doctor Strange is usually light with certain dark stories, Doom should be the opposite.

And that's just the basics.
>>
I think as a mini, it could. Doom is hard to make an ongoing for (and Infamous doesn't count since it's riding on Iron Mans name, technically)

Infamous is working okay so far, despite all the Bendis
>>
>>93937906
It sounds fair.

I would read it.
>>
>>93937906
>>No Doomwankery
I won't even bother reading it then. I don't read DR. MOTHERFUCKING DOOM to get, "Mr. Maybe." I want to see shit get done.
>>
>>93937994
There's a difference between being competent and being wanked. Competented is managing to get the win over Shuma-Gorath after lots and lots of build-up, and even then have it be a case of "you have won...for the time being". Wankery is having him defeat Shuma-Gorath, erase him from existance, and then take over the dimension he resided in.

Take the latter route, and it destroyes any kind of power-ranking, thus mking any other story a moot point. If he can casually kill Shuma, why is he not God Emperor of Mankind while Purging Xenos yet?
>>
>>93938070
>DOOM destroys the power ranking.
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>93938070
>why is he not God Emperor of Mankind while Purging Xenos yet?
That's a good question? Why isn't DOOM crowned God Emperor yet? What heathen would deny their God Emperor?
>>
>>93938084
Then he chains all babes in his dungeon, creates a portal gun, and assfucks them all at the same time. The sensation of fucking 100+ asses at the same time opens his third eye, he unleashes a powerful spell, and destroys the multiverse with his magical jizz.

The End
>>
>>93937906
A doom solo can work. Doom has had three goals
>prove to be smarter than RIICHAAAAAAAARDS
>conquer world
>save mommy's soul

He did the third. Let him focus on the others. And given that the first is a bit tricky, let's go with conquering the world.
Obviously, unless it's an AU/What if, you can't have him conquer the globe. But Latveria has nearby small countries, yes? How about them?

The series could focus on that. How he would try to expand, what speeches would he give to his countrymen, how the enemy (heroes, governments) would react, how the life of the people in the other countries would react, what would dracula do, etc.
>>
>>93938124
Dunno anon. I mean, if I were Doom, I'd just fuck off, find a similar planet, build a Galactic Empire, purge xenos, and come back to reclaim Earth in my huge ass "made from the remains of an AU Galactus" ship.
>>
>>93938130
That could work. An interesting thing to do would be to have Symkaria essentially be a :vulture" country. During a war they lucked out and stole Latveria's lands, and are now claiming part of ttheir history as theirs. So Doom being DOOM would want to get it back.

Have him play the good boy, propose a political marriage to Silver Sable, and after he's crowned King and the two countries have been merged, have him coldly kill her, let the Doombots lose, instil "Doom's Governing Policy" and crown himself King of the Supreme Republic of Latveria.

That'd be a good opening 12 issue arc.
>>
>>93938142
If that's what DOOM wills then it will be so.
But you best not be implying he can't conquer Earth and purge xenos at the same time...
>>
>>93938188
Why bother with Earth when you can travel in far off worlds, meet hot aliens, create a Galactic Empire, and return with your big ass space fleet?
>>
>He doesn't want to see DOOMWANK.
What are you? Gay?
>>
>>93937906
isn't he dead now?
>>
File: God Emperor Doom.jpg (161KB, 900x804px) Image search: [Google]
God Emperor Doom.jpg
161KB, 900x804px
>>93938070
he was
he lost it
does no one remember Secret Wars?
Where he literally was called "God Emperor Doom?"
>>
>>93938362
Eh, you get the difference. One was short lived and operating on Maximum Power.A regular "God Emperor" story would follow a similar structure to his President of the US arc, but on a galactic scale.
>>
Just have Priest write it, he's pretty much the only writer able to show why a villain is good at something
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.