[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Avengers by Bendis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: NAvgV01-0001-666x1024.jpg (99KB, 666x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NAvgV01-0001-666x1024.jpg
99KB, 666x1024px
>First year at Comic-Con
>Know nothing about comic books
>I'm told that Ultimate Marvel is a great place to jump in
>Money's burning a hole in my wallet
>Buy the first 6 trades of Ultimate Spider-Man
>Life is good

>Second year at SDCC
>Want to splurge on a big run like last year
>Obviously look for more Bendis
>End up buying the first 6 volumes of Daredevil
>Life is better

2014-2016
>Can't get to SDCC
>No money and/or can't get a ticket
>life is shit

>try to get tickets
>all of my friends get tickets, besides me
>literally about to lose it
>fall down a deep hole of depression for about a month
>what am I doing with my life?
>salty as fuck
>wanting to splurge on a big comic run this week
>What else has Bendis done?
>New Avengers is literally the only other long run left by him
>Dear god, no.
>I've heard so many bad things
>really want to spend money to alleviate the pain

Help me, /co/, should I track down the first six trades of New Avengers? Is there any tie-ins I need to know about? Any info you can throw at me would be great.
>>
New Avengers is great up through to Siege. From the "Heroic Age" relaunch on, it really meanders. Bendis hasn't really been any good since then, he's really lost his mojo.
>>
>>93937423
Do you know how many trades that is? And do you think I need to buy House of M, Civil War, etc. in order to understand what's going on?
>>
>>93937423
I wouldn't say it's "great", but it is pretty decent even though there's a lot of typical Bendis stupidity and stuff that really frustates me as a long-time fan (but a casual would probably be OK with it). I guess its worth a read, just not worth paying a bunch of money to buy. I just went to my local library.
But yes, after Dark Reign, don't even bother with Bendis' Avengers. He really outstayed his welcome.
>>
>>93937443
There's 13 trades from Breakout to Siege.
You don't need House of M, you just need to know "the Scarlet Witch went crazy again and depowered most of the world's mutants".
You should read Civil War, yes, especially since it has consequences for quite a while.
Secret Invasion, Bendis' Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers all also tie-in heavily to New Avengers.
>>
>>93937475
God damn it, I didn't even think about how much of a hassle it was going to be just to work my way through the min series. I've read the first arc of Mighty (went through and Ultron phase) and it was garbage, as was Secret Invasion, so I definitely won't be reading those, regardless of how much they tie-in. I've read Civil War once before, and while I don't think it was bad, I really don't want to read it again.

Dark Avengers looks neat though.

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>93937527
You could get a marvel unlimited subscription. I'm pretty sure first month is free. You could probably finish the run in a month or 2 and only pay $10. You could also read as many as you can in a month, cancel it before they charge you and then buy the trades you still have left to read.
>>
>>93937665
1. I want to spend money.
2. I prefer to read comics in print
3. I'd like to own them and display them if they're good.

Solid idea though.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.