[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Peak Human

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: capbat.jpg (77KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
capbat.jpg
77KB, 550x400px
When a character is said to be Peak Human in terms of strength, does it refer to Humanity as a whole or that characters individual limit?
>>
>>93935418
It means they could walk into the Olympics and win the whole thing, although some matches may be close.

It is an incredibly flawed concept, because the peak, the zenith of what a human is capable of does vary from one person to the next.
>>
>>93935418
Means "whatever".

Means that Cap can put the Hulk down or be knocked out by a civilian and a brick depending on the plot.
>>
Find the world records for strength, speed, jump height, holding breath, accuracy, etc.

Peak human can do all of them, all the time, at the same time.
>>
>>93935540
>Cap can put the Hulk down
Citation needed.
>>
>>93935950
>Ultimate Cap
>That comic right after his death, art by David Finch, showing a detailed flashback of him punching the Hulk down.
>That old comic where he defeats the Hulk using judô
>>
>>93935985
Ultimate cap isn't "peak human" though, he's legit super powered
>>
>>93936065
Not as strong as the Hulk, though.
>>
File: peak humans.png (429KB, 651x636px) Image search: [Google]
peak humans.png
429KB, 651x636px
Peak Human is ridiculous meme. It's basically a stupid means to explain why human characters can do the things they do and endure the things they endure while claiming they don't have superpowers.
>>
>>93935418
It's supposed to be the absoulute peak of what humanly possible to achieve in any specific field, although when it comes to comics "humanly possible" is a very loosely defined term.
>>
What is the peak human sized penis?
>>
>>93935418
I always thought that Kingpin was the perfect fit for this
>able to tango with Spider Man in spite of him not having powers
>doesn't lock his safe, only uses it b/c it's so heavy that anyone with less strength than him can't move it
>is able to beat Red Skull, a fucking super soldier, in a 1v1 fist fight
>>
>>93935418

It means writers found a bullshit way for humans to compete against supers by giving them a power that's supposedly not a power but is totally a power.

I could handwave Captain America simply because he has a SCIENCE serum and because he is legitimately superpowered considering his sprint speed and stamina, but every street leveller is 'peak' nowadays.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.