[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TV/object heads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.jpg (7KB, 170x170px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
7KB, 170x170px
I've been noticing recently that these type of characters or even group that are basically people with TV's for head. They're all drawn the same and have the exact same story/characteristics but were created from a different person. Did a popular cartoon or comic start this or is it a cursed coincidence that all these artists have the same exact character/style.
>>
>>93933624
You're going to need to name some examples.

Like, I can think of maybe 3 TV-headed characters off the top of my head all of whom are WILDLY different characters.

Like the common trait is that they're robots and that's about it.
>>
>>93933624
It's a tumblr thing
>>
File: tumblr_oha8vpP2ws1ur4d8uo1_500.png (85KB, 451x504px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oha8vpP2ws1ur4d8uo1_500.png
85KB, 451x504px
>>93933888
There's a lot more similar ones but I'll start off with this one. The style I reference is a bit similar to Gumball or even Star.
>>
>>93933927
I've been told that too but whatever this is seems to stem to other social media outlets.
>>
>>93933888
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVeJV6z2BGg
Here's a video a creator responds to people claiming they stole/copied the character. I'll try and find more of this but like I said about the style, it even goes to seem degree of that Rebornica person or whatever.
>>
>>93934091
Oh so you just mean like OCs from some bloggers somewhere instead of characters from actual media like comics or cartoons?

Because I can think of Canti and Retro from FLCL and Dead Leaves respectively, and that guy from Saga.

>>93934091
>>93934158
Also
>Flatscreens
Lame. Gimme TV heads with some heft, man.
>>
>>93934274
About the flatscreen, these type of characters are called object heads which you probably know by now. It just so happened to have that 'style' I was mentioning. Not that I'm coming down on these characters but it's more so of the fact that they're all a bit similar to some degree as mentioned before.
>>
Delving into object heads more and more, this seems to be a bit of a common theme. Design wise though. I may have just found my answer but I still have some questions left.Still a bit surprised that a comic or cartoon didn't influence this.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.