[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What logical flaw in comics can you not forgive, /co/? You know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: rcNoz.jpg (147KB, 587x612px) Image search: [Google]
rcNoz.jpg
147KB, 587x612px
What logical flaw in comics can you not forgive, /co/?
You know it's not real but it still irks you.

For example, from the Wikipedia page for Captain America's Shield
>It is able to absorb all kinetic energy and transfers very little energy from each impact
>These physical properties also means the shield can bounce off of most smooth surfaces, ricocheting multiple times with minimal loss in aerodynamic stability or velocity.
That makes absolutely no sense
If it absorbs all kinetic energy, if you throw it against a wall it would just stop after it hit because it absorbed all of the kinetic energy.
>>
>>93916107
everything about super speed
>>
S P E E D F O R C E
>>
File: Cyclops_art.jpg (213KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops_art.jpg
213KB, 1024x768px
>>93916107
Also most of the X-Men is bullshit
I know Cyclops doesn't have laser eyes but his eyes act like a portal for a wave of concussive force from another dimension
How does that happen because of a genetic mutation?
>>
>>93916107
Well, it's not specified if it's just lateral or axial. Depending on how the metal is formed, you could have different properties depending on what direction you are coming from.
Like an egg: Stable if force applied axially, even that someone could stand on it. If you try the same thing with a lying egg you will get flat egg.
>>
>>93916627
It's so fucking stupid. Both of his brothers have powers that work by taking in energy from outside sources and releasing it. Why can't Cyclops work the same way?
>>
>>93916107
that I never noticed cap's shield is summoning satan
>>
>>93916627
>>93916757
Wait, I thought his eye beams were solar powered. Have I been living a lie all this time?
>>
>>93916107
>those ricochets
THE RITUAL HAS BEGUN.
>>
>>93916627
I always thought that the X gene allows mutants to change the laws of physics in a limited way. The most powerful mutants can literally change reality. Reminds me of Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End, actually.
>>
>>93916757
You have the flying disc and then the waves that.fly from Cap's shield when Thor's hammer hits it
>>
>>93916107
Maybe it depends if you hit it sideways or head on?
>>
>>93916977
That still makes no sense
Why would a gene allow a person to change the laws of physics?
>>
>>93916977
So all mutants are actually reality warppers?
>>
>>93917018
It's supposed to be a natural ability of Earth humans, but some alien assholes suppressed it. So humans who express into mutants regain that ability.
>>
>>93917029
That's how I always imagined it. It seems to fit.
>>
>>93917059
You're not helping your case
>>
>>93917029

Most superheroes casually break the laws of physics simply by existing.
>>
>>93917095
Natural ability controlled by a specific gene. How am I not helping my case?
>>
>>93917162
Yeah
That whole concept is stupid
>>
>>93917029
>>93917059
>>93917095

Phoenix is the only mutant with a somewhat decent and logical explanation.

She's a strong psych who got the attention of a immortal god of fire and became a western jinchuuriki.
>>
>>93916872
it was at first but it was retconed into being punches from the punch dimension
>>
>>93917203
Oh... sorry, I was thinking you actually had an argument. Obviously it doesn't make sense in our terms, but I think it does in the "marvel-verse". Looking for realism in comics is stupid, only consistency matters.
>>
>>93917431
Yeah you can't show stuff getting slashed to pieces and burned, and it's probably more difficult for the artists too.
>>
>>93917029
>So all mutants are actually reality warpers?

Yes. Even mutant powers which make 'sense' on the surface still fall apart when you look at them deeply. Look at Wolverines healing factor, when he is injured he heals, but faster than a normal person.
But he doesn't really heal, he is actually rebuilt according to his own body image, if he is burned his hair grows back to the length it was before it was burned off. Daken's tattoo's also grow back when he is injured.
You also need to look at where the matter and energy is coming from. A small injury could be rebuilt using body fat but the massive trauma's Wolverine routine has can not, the matter and energy used to rebuild him just appear out of no where. If Cyclops' power is punches from the punch dimension then Wolverine's is meat from the meat dimension.
>>
>>93917505
That's the whole fucking point of this thread
>>
>>93916627
Nightcrawler can shunt into another dimension because of a genetic mutation.
>>
>>93917317
>immortal god
>logical explanation
>>
>>93917824
well an immortal god makes a hell of a lot more sense than scott "I can summon punches through from my eyes from a different dimension through the form of a laser" summers
>>
>>93917923
Concussive wave not laser
>>
>>93916627
what genetic mutations give Storm and Crystal the ability to control the elements?
>>
>>93916627
Why do his eye beams bounce?
>>
>name is Gambit
>his gimmick is cards and not chess
That one always baffled me.
>>
>>93916107
They did it on purpose, all these big time animators or comic artists are Devil worshipers and if you look close enough in most cartoons you see they slip in a lot of symbols or things relating to Satan. They are awful people who just sold out I guess.
>>
>>93918406
>Satan
>bad
>>
>>93918178
It's energy
>>
>>93918414
>I'm ironically a member of the church of Satan. Take that christfags
>>
>>93916107
As far as I know it's a vibranium/adamantium alloy, so I just imagine the edge is mostly adamantium, and the center is mostly vibranium.
>>
>>93919644
but the church of satan doesn't believe in satan and basically does everything it does for the lol's
>>
>>93916627
I always assumed the whole 'x-gene' thing would be revealed to not be a mutation at all, but was actually a signature/stamp left by the hyper-dimensional beings that had created a bunch of superheros for shits and giggles
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.