[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HE HATES-A ME

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4394.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4394.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
HE HATES-A ME
>>
This movie was alright until this cringey shit kicked in
>>
>>93901782
Jamie Foxx was the most sympathetic part of this movie.
I genuinely felt sorry for all the shit that happened to him.
More than Osborn or Peter Garfield himself, Shocker really pulled at my heart strings
>invisible to everyone
>does his best in his job
>finds a friend in Spiderman
>gets fucked by his job and becomes some superhuman abomination
>gets 'betrayed' by spiderman and has his heart crushed
>>
>>93901901
>Shocker

Poor Max. Not even the one person who feels sorry for him remembers his name.
>>
File: mcu_shocker_7.png (84KB, 299x299px) Image search: [Google]
mcu_shocker_7.png
84KB, 299x299px
>>93901901
>Shocker
Im fucking mad you just called Electro Shocker. HE USES SHOCK WAVES FOR FUCK SAKE
>>
HE LIED TO ME

ELECTRICITY

MY VIRGINITY
>>
Idk why people hate this movie so vehemently, yeah it's messy and overstuffed but the dialogue for the most part is comeptent, the acting is pretty good and there are some great Spider-Man moments
It's like a 5/10 but it isn't close to Suicide Squad-tier
>>
>>93902512
I hate it because its more focused on setting up the next 4 movies than having a focused, good plot.
>>
>>93902512
>Written by the kike who wrote Bayformers

Everything about this movie is shit. Yeah you're right its not close to Suicide Squad....because Suicide Squad is miles better.
>>
>>93902463
DAYUMM!
>>
>>93902512
5/10 is average. This is not an average movie. That awful dubstep whenever he uses his electricity is laugh inducing.
>>
And no nobody better post that shill for that shitty suit again.

>No web pits
>Shit logo
>Raised webbing
>Unnatural basketball head
>No animated eyes

Shit-tier suit.
>>
>>93901844
You didn't like dubstep itsy bitsy spider?
>>
>>93902668
Oh please let him come back, and in costume too
>>93902688
I never understood why that of all things was considered one of the worst parts of the movie. Its stupid, yes, but fun and actually in character for this Max. There are at least a dozen more terrible things in the movie, like the web hand or Rhino for example
>>
File: 1481752711203.jpg (48KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
1481752711203.jpg
48KB, 720x718px
>>93901901
>Shocker
>>
>>93901782
>HE HATES-A ME, MARIO
>>
>>93901782
My Enemy's great though. It's my favorite song from Hans Zimmer
>>
>>93901782
I hate how people nitpick this part
>hurr durr so his motivation is Spidaman forgetting his name?
No you dumbass. It's merely a detail. A symbol. Not the entire fucking motivation. Whenever a character in a movie looks at old photos and feels sad, do you complain that he only feels sad about these photos and not about his actual past? No you don't, because in that case, the symbol is simple enough for you to understand.
>>
>>93901782
*Hates on me
If anyone's wondering what the lyrics are.
>>
>>93902897
I always thought he was just stressing the "s" in hates, like Triple H
>>
>>93901901
I didn't care for Max's electric Mr. Freeze design or his Batman Forever Riddler origin when I first saw it in theaters, but seeing it again on reruns he actually was the single highest point of the movie.

Garfield was an unsympathetic faggot who was intolerable outside of his Spidey persona, Harry's arc wasn't interesting, the shameless sequel hooks were handled extremely poorly... Honestly, if the movie cut everything else out and just followed the black autist's extremely tragic origin into super-villainy with any other stock superhero placebo in the background, it would have doubled in entertainment value at the very least. If your villain is 100% easier to sympathize with than you've protagonist, you've got to be fucking something up unless you're explicitly doing that shit on purpose.
>>
File: 1498609352037.gif (3MB, 300x231px) Image search: [Google]
1498609352037.gif
3MB, 300x231px
Are people seriously saying they enjoyed any part of this movie?
>>
>>93903011
Yeah, they are. You got a problem with that, BITCH?
>>
>>93903081
Not necessarily. I just wasn't aware that I was dealing with such plebs.
>>
>>93903130
>on /co/
>>
>>93902778
>Oh please let him come back, and in costume too
This. He was great. He should be the cold-open threat of the sequel, Tinkerer having given him another gauntlet, with both of them upgraded. I know that's predictable, but it would make me happy.
>>
>>93902679
>No animated eyes
Fucking good, MCU nigger.
>>
>>93902400
>>93902463
>>93902806
Holy fuck I'm a bad person.
I forgot the original electro villain existed, I thought I was thinking of Shocker

I...I'm sorry Max
>>93902978
Max's stand out moment was the "You need me?" scene which felt strangely resonant...felt like a more vengeful DrManhattanIsBorn scene

Garfield was just bad in that role. He was just a sappy asshole who couldn't figure out if he wanted to keep Gwen safe or if he wanted to get his dick wet.
I liked how he kept seeing her dad but you'd think that'd kill any boner he had for her properly. She even mentions how on-off he is about not dating her.

And his whole interaction with Uncle Ben actually got me angry given how little he seems to care for him. Maguire at least seemed to like his uncle and aunt, I never got that sense from Garfield.
Also, is it just me, or does Garfield's spiderman not grow at all as a character? Like am I forgetting something but does he not change at all in Amazing Spiderman 2?
>>
>>93903011
I liked the few times Spidey acted like an actual Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man. Shit like walking around in stores, helping firemen, cheering up bullied kids, etc.

Everything else was shit.
>>
>>93903963
>And his whole interaction with Uncle Ben actually got me angry given how little he seems to care for him. Maguire at least seemed to like his uncle and aunt, I never got that sense from Garfield.
Yeah, the writers really overemphasized Peter's fallibility there, even though admittedly a lot of normie teenager actually are just ornery little shitbags that don't treat their loved ones with an ounce of respect. But the way they handled it left a really bad taste in my mouth... We're apparently supposed to give a fuck about Peter, not straight-up hate him. Why should I care if his self-obsessed angst happens to get exponentially worsened by the fact that he was an absolute piece of shit who lacked the foresight to appreciate what he had before Ben was gone? Who fucking cares that he got his comeuppance at an innocent family member's expense? Even if Tobey's portrayal is "less realistic" in that respect, he at least conveys to the audience that he truly cherished Uncle Ben as a father figure, even when they did have that final misunderstanding when he goes to try out for that wrestling thing. Garfield really didn't get any moments of levity that indicated he had any respect for the man at all, for all we know he only cared about his next excuse to self-destruct into a whiny burden to everyone around him.

The entire franchise's narrative assumes a lot out of the audience. That we'd blindly identify with a jackass who only became a hero for revenge after he personally fucked up, breaks a dying man's promise to not put his daughter in harm's way because his radioactive spider dick needed to shot web, never grows as a character just so he can continuously piss and moan whenever he fucks up... It would have been a little satisfying if it was going to build up into some major character developments, but the way it ended it was just insulting to the viewers
>>
>>93902400
>>93902463

maximum kek
>>
File: hyphen.jpg (86KB, 305x750px) Image search: [Google]
hyphen.jpg
86KB, 305x750px
>>93903963
>Spiderman
It's Spider-Man, you nigger.
>>
>>93903963
Uncle Ben died like a retard in these movies.

Original was much better.
>>
>>93905694
>Uncle Ben died for chocolate milk
>>
>>93902778
Why do people hate the web hand? I thought that was really cool and heart-wrenching
>>
>>93905889
Because even in a movie about a guy who gets powers from being bitten by a spider it was too silly to be taken seriously.
>>
>>93905644
>being this autistic
>>
>>93905998
It was just a visual metaphor. Melodramatic but still stirring. To me it almost felt like something Raimi would do. I dunno.
>>
>>93905644
it's nig-ger, you fag-got
>>
>>93905585
Well more than that.
I just did not believe that he actually loved Uncle Ben for a hot second.
Like, I know they want to do this whole "Only Peter could have been Spiderman" thing (which actually ruins the idea of Spider-man to some degree) but how much he seems to lament over his dad and mom and how much he ABUSES that to keep his uncle and aunt off his super-hero case just really got under my skin.

And like you mentioned, the movie assumes a lot about the audience and I honestly had no idea where they were going with most plot threads or what the theme was supposed to be.

Like, in the first one, the villain is Lizard.
He relates to Peter primarily as a fellow scientist and a friend of his father's. But then you still have the standard origin story where he gets Uncle Ben killed.

Maguire's take was stronger because Peter was a family friend of Green Goblin and GG attempts to use Peter's father issues against him where Peter already has a figure in Uncle Ben.

GG also represents a failed father figure to Harry where Uncle Ben represents a successful one to Peter.

Lizard has nothing to do with Peter's own struggles or his arc. Peter has no issues regarding his identity as a scientist. The only point of Lizard was to try to build LORE around Spider-man's heritage.

Then you have the second movie which is even more of a cluster fuck because neither Electro (got it right this time) nor GG relate thematically to Peter. Hell, Peter hasn't even seen Harry for years at this point and there's really no strong chemistry between them to justify how much they interact.

The strongest thematic and emotional moment has nothing to do with Peter at all (Harry trying to break Electro out, both dispossessed of a place to belong and both wanting to survive)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJ5ONLBpsw
How does Peter or his issues with Gwen relate to these two characters' arcs at all? None
>>
>>93902679
>No animated eyes
And that is good. The animated eyes only look good in comics and cartoons. They are a toon thing.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.