[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was bad. What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: future ends.jpg (229KB, 900x1330px) Image search: [Google]
future ends.jpg
229KB, 900x1330px
This was bad. What went wrong?
>>
>>93890738

Waaaaaaaaay too grim.
>>
>>93890738
>>93890773
I'm genuinely interested in reading this.
I have the FCBD issue #0 from back in the day, and I thought it was very good. The premise ("The DCU is doomed! One last hope: Batman Beyond travelling back in time!") seemed nice and promising.

Also, the fact that it's basically an elseworld (since we know this 5 years later future is already warped by Rebirth and will never happen) allows it to do whatever it wants with character development.

The only thing I've read thus far is "The end doesn't amount to anything"/"Nothing changed", which to me is basically normal since OF COURSE the DCU isn't gonna end neither are the characters gonna change so drastically in 5 years.

So beside people being assblasted by a not-earth-shattering end, what is so bad about this book?
>>
The last issue really just ruins the whole series, a god damn cliffhanger and a desperate marketing ploy to make people read Batman Beyond comic.

Shouldn't have ended like that, otherwise it was okay. Azzarello's Mr. Terrific + Hobo Terry Batman was lit.
>>
>>93890773
This

Also that little girl was obnoxious and the last half of it was garbage. And it ended on a cliffhanger to get people to read the terrible Batman Beyond book with Tim.

Shame because I think it had potential to be a good series with a bunch of C and D listers like 52 was.
>>
>>93892415
The ending actually could have changed the DCU and characters in this one, since it's a standalone "possible future" so they wouldn't have to worry about it making changes in other series. But this ending actually didn't finish what the story was supposed to be about and basically served as advertisement for the Batman Beyond comic with Tim.

Other than that, pacing is terrible, most stuff feels like filler, the creative teams don't go well together so everything feels off, Jurgens and Giffen are boring writers and their stories feel like they don't matter, and the overpowered little girl is terrible. It tries way too hard to be dark. It's got a lot of the same issues as the other non-52 weekly series and sucks just as much as them.
>>
>>93890738
and batman beyond is now the next to this Stupid Futures end..
>>
It meant. NOTHING.
>>
Future's End was doomed from the beginning.

It was supposed to be a stealth version of "Twilight of the Heroes" but fell apart because pretty much NO ONE NO ONE in DC wanted to have anything to fucking do with the project.

IIRC DiDio only pushed it because of his hard on for Brother I as a villain and to basically continue to justify the bullshit of moving Constantine and Batman Beyond into the main DCU rather than letting them exist in their own little worlds completely divorced from the main DC Universe.
>>
>>93892969
I think it failed more because it was just poorly thought out for the sake of having a new weekly book and a hiatus month ala Zero Month 2.0 and Villains Month along with DC trying to boost sales for Earth 2 once they flat-lined due to the behind the scenes crap, via creating an artificial "event" to lure lapsed readers back to Earth 2 and it's spin-off Worlds End.
>>
>>93892675
Hey man.
Thanks for the answer, that actually explains pretty well why the series sucks. I won't lose time & money on this then.
Thanks!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.