[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they stop making these games? They were fun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: file.jpg (106KB, 618x348px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
106KB, 618x348px
Why did they stop making these games? They were fun.
>>
>>93888817
>mcu got popular
>disney took over taking control over the game as well.

Given how Marvel vs capcom: infinite is turning out. I would to see ultimate alliance: MCU EDITION.
>>
>>93888817
They stopped making it because Activision lost the licensing rights. I believe it was unrelated with the Disney deal though.
>>
I can't imagine what they were thinking handing off the second game to a studio that does nothing but make horrible mobile ports for other games (including the first game).

I guess because by that point Raven got to do that awful Wolfenstein game and after that failed they were conscripted to make Call of Duty sequels for the rest of eternity.
>>
>>93888817
Thanks God they stopped, the first two game were great and based on comics, just imagine the game now with all the MCU synergy and no X-Men/Fantastic Four, I hope we never have a MUA3.
>>
>>93890736
quake 4 was pretty fun and i heard the wolfenstein game they did was okay on it's own. it's just inferior when you compare it to the other games in the series.

that said it's not as tragic as what happened to neversoft where they were pulled off the tony hawk series at it's peak, shoved onto guitar hero till rock band killed it, put back on the series when it was on life support till skate killed it and made the best part of the worst call of duty game
>>
>>93891343
shit me I never thought of that!
>>
>>93891343
movie synergy was always an inevitably since they started MCU and made other characters more popular. it's naive to think that wasn't the case.

the no xmen/FF characters thing is just marvel being butthurt at fox.
>>
>>93891343
You know, maybe it's just my nostalgia talking, but MUA games (and Marvel vs Capcom 3, pre-Shattered Dimensions Spider-Man games, X-Men Legends, etc ) have that cozy feel of classic Marvel that is absent from modern comics and their adaptations. It really felt larger than life. Modern stuff seems grounded even when it's trying to be over-the-top.
>>
>>93891922
I'd agree with you for everything except spiderman since the spiderman game that everyone seems to dickride is a movie tie-in for SM2
>>
>>93892037
I'm a filthy PC peasant and our Spider-Man 2 was, all of my nostalgia aside. pretty fucking shit.
PS1 Spider-Man and (somehow) Ultimate Spider-Man are the ones that I mean.
>>
>>93892037
The PS2 Spider-Man is so loved because it was the first game to really make the web-swinging feel exhilarating and "physics-based".

Even people who love it will admit that the web-swinging is what elevates a pretty run-of-the-mill GTA clone to something really fun.

>>93892234
Wasn't Spider-Man 2 PC like an educational game?

Anyway, yeah, even though design-wise USM was a step down from the movie game, both it and the two PSX/N64 Spider-Man games still felt like they were based on comic books first and foremost rather than cartoons and movies.
>>
Only the first game was good
I'd like to see a DC game of similar style with focus on less popular characters as well
>>
File: 1483290172452.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483290172452.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>93892851
Nah, that's a separate game entirely. I played both of them, by the way.
Behold, this is PC version of Spider-Man 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOU6HVSL6a8
>>
>>93893086
Wasn't PC literally just a QTE game with shitty to non-existent web-swinging mechanics since they outsourced the game to another company?
>>
>>93893240
>QTE game
That sounds more like 3. 2 was just bare bones boring simplistic shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5HDRuAeL7s
>>
>>93888817
What is the overall opinion on PS2 Spider-Man 3? Better or worse than the film?
>>
>>93888817
Because 2 was an insult in every way to the excellent games that came before it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.