[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looney Tunes/ DC crossover series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 8

Why?
>>
File: 1498654840826 (1).jpg (889KB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1498654840826 (1).jpg
889KB, 1988x3056px
Why not?
>>
Who cares? Read it. They're great.
>>
>>93882742
they were good
>>
>>93882754
>Batman crawling up to him like Bugs
briddy gud
>>
>>93882754
Can't possibly be legal to open carry a hunting rifle in a city
>>
>>93882742
Ever heard of maltheism? That's why.
>>
>>93882754
Is bat season
>>
>>93882923
Gotham senpai.
>>
The Batman/Elmer Fudd book is honestly a contender for best single issue of the year.
>>
>>93882742
Because comics can be silly and that's perfectly fine.

I heard they were pretty good too.
>>
>>93883011
No.
>>
>>93882742
Did you make this thread to bait cranky out?
>>
>>93883056
Name some better single issues.
>inb4 Deathstroke 12
>>
>it's still better than the abortions marvel is making
>>
>>93883146
That's not even a single issue. Regardless, the Fudd comic is all hype no substance, when you get down to it there's very little actually happening in that comic, it's pretty plotless. The only thing great about it is the fudd speak but even then King messes up 2 or 3 words that issue. You're just a sheep that decided it's the best thing ever since it got announced.
>>
>>93883177
Then name a better single issue instead of deflecting you contrarian fuck.
>>
>>93883177
Is that you cranky? How did you enjoy your Friday?
>>
File: 1424564126697.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1424564126697.gif
1MB, 260x195px
>>93882742
that Wonder Woman/Taz pic looks pretty cool, tho
>>
>>93883187
>contrarian
Opinion disregarded. We're done here.
>>
>>93883177
>You're just a sheep that decided it's the best thing ever since it got announced.
Man, don't be that guy.
>>
>>93883198
>unironically uses the word "sheep" to describe people
>gets triggered by contrarian
Kek
>>
>>93883177
It's Batman in a competent done-in-one issue. That's all that's needed to get Batfags to cream their pants in ecstasy these days.
>>
>>93883201
It's true though

>>93883216
You're the one that got triggered in the first place. I made my points, all you did was meme post with some shitty buzzwords.
>>
>>93883234
It's not batfags and even if you're tying to paint them all as batgod obsessed then I don't think being evenly matched with Elmer Fudd would've been to their liking. It's just a case of people getting overly excited about the idea of the damn thing ever since it got announced because it's "omg so silly xD"
>>
>>93883189
No, that's not me. I didn't even read that issue. I still fucking hate myself for reading and liking the Wondy/Taz one.

And I had a massive headache most of yesterday, but it's called down for now. Uh, thanks for asking, I guess.
>>
>>93883146
New Super-Man #8
Suicide Splits
KFC part 3
America #1
>>
Because DC is owned by Warner Brothers, and thus they can do it to promote both brands

Don't be stupid you fucking whiny imbeciles
>>
>>93883237
You couldn't even name a better single issue.
>>
>>93883331
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

I could go over to my annoying neighbor's car and piss into the gas tank, but I ain't gonna, because that's a fucking stupid idea.

You can crossover some of your intellectual properties, but it's a fucking stupid idea.
>>
Will there be a big trade?
>>
>>93882923
It's only illegal if they stop you.

>>93883011
I'm not sure if I'd' go that far. It's easily top 10 percent though.
>>
>>93883387
I can but since you're meme posting I'm not going to bother.
>>
>>93883292
>America #1
This, there's nothing even close.
>>
>>93883288
>And I had a massive headache most of yesterday, but it's called down for now.
Bless you.
>>
>>93883486
>You can crossover some of your intellectual properties, but it's a fucking stupid idea.

It's only a stupid idea to some small town rube like you, who if you ever ran a business would probably make absolutely zero money.
>>
>>93882742
DC is dying and doing everything they can to make it to the end of the year
>>
>>93882754
This is art.
>>
>>93882923
He was after his Cwould, everything is permitted for a man with nothing left to lose
>>
>>93883177
>You're just a sheep that decided it's the best thing ever since it got announced.
Or they just liked it. After it came out people weren't talking about it nonstop for days or anything so it isn't like there was some huge bandwagon to join. You had some solid points, some opinion and some not, but that line is just groundless bullshit that didn't need to be tacked on at the end.
>>
>>93883192
It was just mostly a flashback about an old encounter she had with Taz where she only escaped because she said she would be right back followed by her and armored up Taz teaming up later, it was alright but did look good
>>
>>93883531
Probably
>>
>>93882742
Why not, most of them were fun and two of them were legitimately fantastic issues. I honestly want more crossovers, DC has being doing them like mad recently
>>
>>93883486
I personally hated the idea of it ( well not hated but thought it was extremely stupid) when they all got announced then moved on but when they came out I ended up really enjoying them. If you do something right then most ideas will turn out well. A lot of things we accept today are because someone took some fucking insane idea and made it work.
>>
>>93882742
Because apparently all you need to do to make the "best comic eva!!!!" these days is put two franchises together and watch the morons jump up and down and clap their hands.
>>
>>93883011
best short?
>>
>>93883177
it had a full fleshed out simple story. You can't do a huge epic in a single issue

Actually, King seems better at the single issues. Vision was a full story but each issue was so distinct that it breaks every issue a lot more than most runs. Every issue is written in a distinct way. So I feel it's one of the very few that's better read as issues instead of in trade
>>
File: Scooby Doo TU 28.jpg (249KB, 791x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Scooby Doo TU 28.jpg
249KB, 791x1200px
>>93882754
Indeed.
>>
>>93882742
The Marvin Martian/ Manhunter one was actually really well written. Marvin makes the best foil for J'onn, he was like the Red Skull to J'onn's Captain America.
>>
>>93885036
By "fleshed out" do you mean "devoid of any substance except references"?
>>
loved the Lobo Roadrunner one

also loved all the knotted panties these comics caused
>>
>>93883011
The bar fight scene where they make lazy jokes about the characters' catchphrases and then throw in an unfunny Trump joke really stopped it from being perfect
>>
>>93883146
Do you mean Deathstroke #11? Also yes that is better
At least half of the Flintstones issues
Batman #23
>>
Will they collect these in a trade?
>>
>>93883292
>KFC part 3

Oh shoot, another colonel comic?
>>
>>93882742
Why are the marvel interns so perplexed by people liking simple, fun stories that embrace what comics used to be?

Stories don't need to take more than one issue to be good and they don't need to be history changing or status quo shattering. They just need to be entertaining.

And that's what most of these were. It seems many people are very much powerlevel fags in that if there isn't some big stakes event happening they don't care. yet everyone is always complaining about events.

Yeah, this is an assumption, but I'd venture a guess that the same people excited for garbage like Dark Metals or whatever it's called are the ones that don't seem to understand why these books found an audience.
>>
>>93887252
They absolutely should. Combined with the 100 page issue it's an easy collection.
>>
File: IMG_9157.jpg (459KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9157.jpg
459KB, 994x1528px
>>93883292
>KFC part 3
Is that even out yet?

>>93887314
Yes
>>
>>93887467
meant for:
>>93887281
>>
>>93882742
>he hasn't read them
They're fucking great, and not in a "tongue-in-cheek", nostalgia/camp kind of way. Each of the Looney Tunes characters was re-imagined from the ground up while still keeping their core motivations intact, and is then thoughtfully integrated into the DC universe as though they belong.

It's the kind of thing that nostalgia fags will get a wicked case of "NOT MUH" over, or will declare that it's "edgy" because of "muh fun!", but people who actually like good comics will recognize it's good because the execution (on the three I've read so far) has been fucking flawless.
>>
>>93882754

>PWPOWW
>BWAMM

This was great
>>
>>93882742
Because they were great. Especially Batman and Fudd
>>
>>93887252

Batman 23 was nothing special

>muh Swamp Thing
>>
>>93882742

I haven't read the Jonah Hex one yet and I still haven't found the WW one but the Bugs/LoSH issue was the worst one by far imo and the back up story was exactly the same shit but shorter and with worse art
>>
>>93882742
>Lobo and Willie E. Coyote

HOLY FUCK THIS IS THE HYPEST SHIT EVER!!!!! Did someone storytime this shit? It's like they were made for each other.
>>
>>93882742
Batman/Elmer Fudd and Jonah Hex/Yosemite Sam are great, two of my favorite issues this year. The other four aren't as good but they're worth reading.
>>93883146
Providence #12 is better, Batman #23, Doom Patrol #5 and Cave Carson #7 are arguable.
I would also maybe put the two Archie Horror issues from this year up there (the Werewolf one-shot and Sabrina #7) but I feel like I might just really want that line of comics to be good because of how long I've waited for them.
>>
>>93888374
Everybody says Batman/Elmer Fudd was the best but this one was my favorite and I don't even like Lobo
>>
>>93888572
To be fair, it does look like the Batman one has really good art.
>>
File: ArchiePunisher.jpg (83KB, 300x461px) Image search: [Google]
ArchiePunisher.jpg
83KB, 300x461px
>>93883486
DC and Marvel have crossed over with a thousand other things, including themselves. It's part of their basic natures at this point, and I respect them for being willing to have fun with it.
>>
>>93891160
They've done that, yes. And it's fucking stupid. Like really, Archie VS The Punisher? Really? Next you'll have Archie meeting the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtl-OH WAIT.

Seriously, fuck crossovers.

>fun
Oh good, your insistence on meaningless buzzwords means I can disregard whatever retarded arguments you make. Thanks for saving me the trouble.
>>
>>93891427
It's like you don't even understand that the basic nature of DC's mystic half, and the fabric of the setting itself, is built on the nebulous power of fiction and the intermingling of ideas that happens when you stretch that ultra-long-form storytelling through the better part of a century. But you do get that, right?
>>
>>93891656
Give up. You are talking to an anon who is known for hating anything connected to crossovers. If you search the archive for the storytimes of these issues, you can find them talking about how they are making him drink.
>>
>>93882742
i like them all
>>
>>93882742
Any chance these sold well enough that DC will want to do more? I really wanted one with Duck Dodgers.
>>
>>93891656
Give it up anon, he's simply cannot understand why people like things he doesn't
>>
>>93887521
My inner /cock/ is really hyped.
>>
>>93883192
Sauce?
>>
>>93885212
Marvin/J'onn was by far the worst it was just
>I'mma destroy the Earth
>Marvin no!
>I'mma destroy the Earth
>marvin pls!
Except not as funny as I made it out. And they didn't get the voice for Marvin at all, I desperately tried reading his dialogue in his voice but couldn't.
>>
>>93882742
This was a better event then every marvel event since Infinity
>>
>>93882742
The WW/Taz one was so boring. About the only thing that would make it bearable is if Taz got to bone her. Or at least wanted to.
>>
>>93888572
Everybody says that because they out into the hype and have been saying it's the best thing ever before any of them ever came out.

>>93887252
Those are all better along with Shade The Changing Girl #7 and Jonah Hex/Yosemite Sam. Also, Astro City.
>>
>>93895398
Batman/Fudd is getting a second printing.
>>
>>93896380
>Shade The Changing Girl #7
That's the worst issue in its series.
>>
>>93883177
It's literally a done-in-one full story with a noir vibe. How the fuck do you call that plotless?
>>
>>93896948
Yes, but still better than Batman/Fudd.
>>
>>93896998
What was the actual plot, motherfucker? Silver St Cloud tricks Fudd into thinking Batman killed her so he goes after him or kills him/dies trying/they both die? A bunch of stupid pages wasted on making lazy jokes with their most common catchphrases instead of trying to make a coherent story. Even the part where Fudd walks up and just shoots Bwuce is stupid as fuck, the way it's presented, the fact that he wore some kind of special armor underneath his tux but when he's dressed as Batman it's all cloth. It was just a very sloppy comic and the only thing of note is the fudd speak. It doesn't tell a story, it's all fanservice. I heard Tom actually likes Silver St. Cloud a lot so it baffles the mind that he actually made her into the biggest bitch in his entire supporting cast.
>>
>>93897223
I can't deal with you, man. It's like a dog that learned human language.

The story was very intentionally a noir story, most of the fanservice happens in either bar scene, and the plot is:
>Fudd is out to kill Bugs for killing his girl
>He finds Bugs, who tells him he had to do it because of Bruce Wayne
>Fudd tracks down and (thinks) he's killed Bruce Wayne
>Bruce Wayne, the Batman, catches up with Fudd and they fight
>Turns out they both cared about the girl and go after Bugs together
>They catch Bugs
>The reveal is the femme fatale manipulated them both because she wanted away from them

I mean how common is that last element in film noir? It's all over the genre. It's an Elseworlds, nobody has to read some kind of massive anti-characterization of Silver St. Cloud into it unless they want to. I just don't understand: that's a lot of plot. That's way more than in your typical comic book issue.

What did you want out of this? What do you think would have been plot heavy? Why do you think a crossover wouldn't have references to the media crossing over? If "he was wearing a bullet proof vest" is an unforgivable twist for you, how the FUCK do you survive reading comic books and watching TV?

I want to be reasonable with you and have a discussion, but your dislike and sticking points are so unbelievably stupid and dull-minded that it seems impossible. It's like arguing with a literal autist, except I know IRL autistic people less single-minded than this.
>>
File: tumblr_o45lcmQKD01rohfg9o2_400.jpg (39KB, 338x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o45lcmQKD01rohfg9o2_400.jpg
39KB, 338x600px
>>93896069
It's a tranny faggot
>>
>>93897477
You fucking retard, a cliche is still a cliche. Just because a bunch of movies did something 70 years ago doesn't mean you should do the exact same stupid twists over and over again. The actual issue is a fucking mess, from Fudd not killing Bugs in the start to Silver's motivation for being a manipulative diabolical cunt.
>>
>>93897781
So you don't have an argument other than "IT'S NOT NEW, REEEEEEEEE"
>>
>>93891682
No you mean he's a guy who's pretending to hate crossovers in order to shitpost.
>>
>>93897781
This >>93897822 is not >>93897477 just so you know. I'm done, all you can do is bark.
>>
>>93897822
I've made plenty of arguments that you ignored because you're a genre slave.
>>93897877
>bark
He says after his long ass autistic rant
>>
>>93883177
>Plotless
>Chris Claremont once said of Alan Moore, "if he could plot, we'd all have to get together and kill him." Which utterly misses the most compelling part of Alan's writing, the way he develops and expresses ideas and character. Plot does not define story. Plot is the framework within which ideas are explored and personalities and relationships are unfolded. -Warren Ellis
You've just read too much of modern capeshit with high stakes in every story and pointless splash pages to admire an actually well executed done in one.
>>
>>93898008
First of all, comparing King to Moore is fucking stupid.
Second of all, Moore is a much better plotter than Claremont could ever dream of being.
But of course you'd rather spout memes and generalization and think 3 wordless pages of action are "characterization". It's funny how you mention "high stakes" when the stakes in this comic are higher than the ones in Lobo/Road Runner for example. You're just confirming my initial point, you don't know why you like this comic, you just got sucked into the hype since it was announced and decided you were going to love it before it even came out.
>>
>>93898118
King tries to be Moore very hard.
>>
>>93882754
>trunks
Why
>>
>>93898147
Tries.
>>
>>93898118
>Stakes are higher than roadrunner.
And?
>Moore is a better plotter than Claremont
People still complain that Killing Joke and Watchmen have very straight forward plots. That's no different than your retarded sperging.
>>
>>93898180
Because it's non-cannon and a lot of artists draw trunks every chance they get. Notice how Supes often has trunks but they're blue? That's where we got the "stealth trunks" gag.
>>
>>93898335
A one shot and a mini series? Clearly his entire work.
>>
>>93898471
Why would I compare a one shot to a complete run?
Are you one of those who complain that Killing Joke(and Watchmen) doesn't have a great plot because it doesn't read good on wikipedia?
>>
>>93898543
>Why would I compare a one shot to a complete run?
That's exactly what you're doing though..? Or are you so bad at communicating that you meant to compare Killing Joke to Batman/Fudd? Because the former still has more plot than the latter.
>>
>>93898607
Never mind. You're just shitposting.
>>
>>93898718
>shitpost since the start
>accuse the guy with actual arguments that he's shitposting
Top tier, anon. 8/10. Good job.
>>
>>93897710
even better
>>
>>93887521
When is this out?
>>
>>93896363
>the only thing that would make it bearable is if Taz got to bone her. Or at least wanted to
And that's how we know you didn't read it
>>
>>93896290
>series of one shots that share the same theme but not interconnected stories
>event
PICK ONE
>>
>>93883177
>you just got sucked into the hype since it was announced and decided you were going to love it before it even came out.
Why must you try so hard to convince yourself that people don't like this comic?
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.