[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Netflix Castlevania sucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 60

File: castlevania_second_poster.jpg (50KB, 350x525px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_second_poster.jpg
50KB, 350x525px
Just watched the new Netflix Castlevania series. Was it frederator or fedorator which produced that shit? First off, they turned the moral conflict of Castlevania from Nihilism vs Idealism into a "Muh faith vs science" moral conflict which doesn't even makes sense in context of the series. Second, they turned the Christian Church which was always a neutral to benevolent entity in the video game series into some sort of purely Evil organization with oblivion-tier spiked crises just for extra cringe points. Thirdly they turned a Christian female Character (sypha) who worked for the church into being a member of some nomadic pseudo Jew-gypsy mary sue sect called "the Speakers."

They made "the speakers" and Dracula so justified and the Christian Church so obvious wrong it's the most contrived dumb shit they could have ever done. To add salt to my wounds, a bunch of ass hats who've never played a Castlevania game in their life are praising it.

Good job Netflix, Fedorator and Warren Ellis. You managed to take something from Japan and Jew it. Take Zelda next, you've been craving it.
>>
>>93877238
Here's your (you)
>>
>>93877238
I’ll take it.

It’s obvious that it is only a certain faction inside the Church that is evil. The holy water that was sanctified by the priests as commanded by Trevor worked against the beasts after all.
>>
>>93877311
The animation was good, voice actors good, action good, design good (except the purposefully evil looking Christian churches) but the story was too heavy handed in it's soapboxing. The worst part is that they could have easily told a more reasonable story with almost the same plot. Dracula's wife could have been sincerely searching for dark powers but in order to help people. Not "muh science." The Church would have been more reasonable of attacking her then. Sypha and her family could have been a group of Christian mystics who have been opposed to recent actions by the church and butting heads because of it. This would have created balance to the heavy anti-Christian message. Conversely Sypha and her family could have been disciples of Dracula's wife. Either one of those would have created a more compelling story than the generic mary sue sect "the speakers."
>>
Why expect anything else from Western animation at this point? Stick to Asia.
>>
>fedora meme

I hate to break it to all you butthurt christfags, but your church really did burn innocent people at the stake for "witchcraft" and did way worse besides.

If anything the series was too lenient on them.
>>
Can someone please explain why the speakers are Jews? They have literally no similarities to 15th century Jewish sects.
>>
File: Atheism .jpg (71KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
Atheism .jpg
71KB, 600x497px
>>93877630
thanks for the valuable input. Grown ups are talking now. You stick to Hollywood shit and leave Japan alone though, okay?
>>
>>93877670
>persecuted schollary nomads who just want to ""help"" goyim but the evil church and stupid peasants won't let them
It reads like a bad fan fic.
>>
>>93877684
There were no nomadic Jewish sects in 15th century Europe.
>>
>>93877712
Jews were constantly traveling and be expelled from places at that time. The speakers resemble a hybrid jew gypsy group though. With the added bonus of being mary sues vs a strawman church.
>>
>>93877746
Explain how they resemble Jews at all? Their attire isn't, their beliefs aren't and they are nomadic by culture not by force. They are just Gypsies.
>>
>>93877780
Being a scholarly persecuted race. As I said, a mix of Jews and gypses. the elder resembles a rabbi and Jews believed in the oral Torah (Talmud).
>>
>>93877820
No, he really doesn't. No beard, no hat, they never mention worshiping any kind of deity. They are just Gypsies.
>>
>>93877494
>Dracula's wife could have been sincerely searching for dark powers but in order to help people. Not "muh science."

Have you never played SOTN or what
>>
>>93878101
They already fucked it. At least don't turn it into science vs faith shit.
>>
>>93878041
>oral Torah
>"persecuted" scholarly race
You fail to address those.
>>
>>93878147
They don't mention any kind of religious tome, just their history.
You fail to mention how either of those are a distinction from just being Gypsies.
>>
>>93878180
They keep an oral tome. Like the Jews claim to have kept until they wrote it down as the talmud. Their self-righteous behavior is more characteristics of Jews than Gypsies.
>>
>>93878218
No they kept an oral history of their people, like Gypsies, and were adapt in mysticism, like Gypsies. There is nothing distinctly Jewish about them, even a little. They don't dress like Jews at the time, they don't mention any tenets of the Jewish faith and they are nomadic.
>>
>>93878276
>nd were adapt in mysticism, like Gypsies.
Jews were adapt in mysticism. Christians too. Which is why it's so weird they invented "the speakers."
>>
File: Ackchyually.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Ackchyually.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>93877238
>They made "the speakers" and Dracula so justified and the Christian Church so obvious wrong it's the most contrived dumb shit they could have ever done. To add salt to my wounds, a bunch of ass hats who've never played a Castlevania game in their life are praising it.
Did you WATCH the fucking show?! It was practically beaten into you from the first episode, with the Bishop caring about his "time on Earth being used to eradicate heretics" to Trevor pointing out that one of the Priests was carrying a "thief's weapon", all but saying the most dense of humans that "the 'Christian priests' were just deputized thieves and highwaymen given license to beat and scare people so that the Bishop could live out his dictatorial power fantasies".

Oh, and then there's that other very important part about a PRIEST SAVING THE FUCKING DAY with Holy water! Someone who actually follows the teachings of Christ and was "properly ordained by the Church" and is out just to help the needy.
>>
>>93878343
But only one of those were nomadic during the 15th century. Hint:it's Gypsies
>>
Warren Ellis is a fucking hack and always has been.

His name being attached to this shitpile is all you should have needed to know.
>>
>>93878353
>the entire church is evil but one token priest
>That makes their glaring soapboxing okay
They screwed up other major things. I'll reiterate for the thousandths time that having a conflict of science vs faith DOES NOT WORK IN A SERIES IN WHICH MAGIC, SPIRITUALITY AND TECHNOLOGY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SEAMLESSLY BLENDED WITHOUT PROBLEM. Your character throws jars of Holy Water and uses the Bible as physical weapon against zombies and robots.
>>
File: 1499549471422.jpg (26KB, 480x447px) Image search: [Google]
1499549471422.jpg
26KB, 480x447px
>DUDE ALL CHRISTIANS ARE EVIL LMAO
>token good priest
Was he at least protestant
>>
File: Caulifla Juice.png (468KB, 1900x1900px) Image search: [Google]
Caulifla Juice.png
468KB, 1900x1900px
>>93878118
Uh, she was killed for that in the games. She used science to create medicine to help people, and was burned for it during the witch trials.

>>93878473
>The entire Church is evil
Uh, no. The only one that is explicitly "evil" is the power-hungry Bishop. He condemned and killed an innocent woman for his own power and control, and back in the 1400s, the Catholic Church WAS hideously corrupt, with Alexander VI being the perfect example (who became Pope only 16 years after the events of this series).

>DOES NOT WORK IN A SERIES IN WHICH MAGIC, SPIRITUALITY AND TECHNOLOGY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SEAMLESSLY BLENDED WITHOUT PROBLEM.
That fucking happened. Dracula's castle was filled with mechanical stuff and technological marvels that wouldn't come about for centuries later. Hell, Dracula even blended "science" and "magic" seamlessly, which is what he introduced Lisa to in the first episode.

>Your character throws jars of Holy Water and uses the Bible as physical weapon against zombies and robots.
Which also fucking happens. Holy water, salt, and consecrated whip make the demons explode.

>>93878688
>Alexander VI
Delicious irony.
>>
>>93878815
>and back in the 1400s, the Catholic Church WAS hideously corrupt,
So was the state of Israel since it's inception.
>>
File: Back to Pol.jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
Back to Pol.jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>93878869
>Edgy "Da Joos" post.
>>
>>93878884
Just getting a rise out of you. The RCC was corrupt because of selling indulgences and offices. Not because of burning people.
>>
>>93878868
>Uh, she was killed for that in the games. She used science to create medicine to help people, and was burned for it during the witch trials.
It didn't lead to a meme saga discussing "superstition" versus science. Especially considering many superstitions like Bigfoot are true in the Castlevania universe.
>>
Nothing new, just look at the creator and his beautiful eye liner.

I expected nothing better from a neutered West who does not even know the History of Inquisition and what it actually was. A political tool for the House of Austria.

But hey I just watched the first episode now, maybe the rest is better...but yeah got the message,

Dracula misunderstood guy a fucking Prometheus bringing SCIENCE.
Religion bad. Why? Fuck you Catholic Church in an Orthodox country bad.

Way to establish a story, not even an attempt at shit like media res, and this is from people who like Berserk?
>>
File: Le Happy Goblin Merchant.jpg (35KB, 294x309px) Image search: [Google]
Le Happy Goblin Merchant.jpg
35KB, 294x309px
>>93878915
>selling indulgences
Oh, that's what that thing I was thinking of yesterday was called! Thank you.

>>93878960
OK, then why was she burned, if it wasn't for "superstition"?
>>
>>93879010
>OK, then why was she burned, if it wasn't for "superstition"?
Because the writers wanted to shoehorn a retarded plot. She should have burned for being Dracula's wife, not spreading muh science.
>>
>>93877630
Depends on which position that person had in the church if they were lower tiered like say a priest the were probably as chill as a grandpa that warns kids not to fuck around with evil shit, if it was the high zealous kinda guys then yeah they would be the biggest assholes of the century
>>
>>93878473
fuck you science is just explained magic
>>
>>93878981
Lisa, the most morally pure character in the show, treats her execution the exact way Jesus treated his crucifixion.
>forgive them, [family member] for they know not what they do
When watching the show, I thought this scene was too blatant, but with how many people have either accidentally or willfully missed its meaning, especially self-professed "Christians," I'm baffled.
>>
>>93879045
It was bad in the Copolla movie and it was bad here.

Fucking make a simple story about a Hero defeating the fucking Devil, Jesus its fucking Dracula. Action scenes, Alucard being mysterious about his betrayal, Belmonts kicking ass. But no these faggots dont even have what it takes to make a simple tale.
>>
>>93877238
>First off, they turned the moral conflict of Castlevania from Nihilism vs Idealism into a "Muh faith vs science" moral conflict

Man, it's been a while since I've seen a Christian assmad about nothing.
>>
>>93877238

I expect heavy handed soapboxing from Ellis. It doesn't really bother me all that much anymore. You just pick around it. I'm more pissed that 4 episodes of introduction are being treated as a full season. If the season wasn't done why push it out?
>>
>>93879093

Oh I saw it.

I am just fucking fed up with this pandering to edgy atheists because to make her words straight out of Jesus actually meaningful, something someone maybe even a priest in the crowd would have second thoughts.

>>93879164
OP has kind of a point, but hey who cares its not like Vampire HunterD movie brand of snowflake vampires where better.
>>
>>93879045
>Because the writers wanted to shoehorn a retarded plot. She should have burned for being Dracula's wife, not spreading muh science.
Uh, they are being completely fucking accurate with that, though. Lisa was killed for "superstition" by burning IN THE FUCKING GAMES!
>>
Literally Frollo. It just Frollo without the thirst for Gypsy ass.

The evil bishop was using his power as a religious figure to justify his misdeeds, hiring thugs as "Priests".

If you disagree with me you disagree with God.
Just switch his job with any other powerful figure and it stays the same.
>>
>>93879203
>something someone maybe even a priest in the crowd would have second thoughts.
Sure, there might be something like that. Like one character, who refuses to be part of the hypocracy and instead mourns for the crucified victim. Mirroring the man who took up the Cross or the Centurion with blood in their eye. If only there was a character like that, treated sympathetically by the narrative and characters.

Oh wait, that was the entire point of including the old woman Dracula spares.
>>
It was disgusting the way they tried to draw parallel, while viciously slandering God's Church and going "ha ha ha you're so exaggeratedly hypocritical."

I'm not upset that would make statements critical of the RCC. Maria the Virgin Witch is an anime I liked that had alot of the same critiques Castlevania seems to have RCC. The difference is that it was done in a reasonable fashion and in a way that was appropriate for the setting. Castlevania's portrayal of the RCC is just nasty. And this coming from a series that never was about that sort of thing is jarring.
>>
>>93879316
meant for >>93879093
>>
>>93879258
>viciously slandering God's Church
Well of course a /pol/ poster cannot comprehend the concept of nuance and historical accuracy.

The story about Trevor and the Belmonts being viewed with suspicion and "The Church" viewing them with suspicion is straight from the manuals.
>>
>>93879249
I recall it being over her association with Dracula. Where did it say otherwise?
>>93879351
/pol/ is neopagan. Get over yourself.
>>93879336
Shitty writing made to make Christians look irrationally hypocritical and i'm supposed to be sympathetic to lisa? I've known lisa for two scenes and she was a cunt in the first one. The second one she was dying.
>>
>>93879377
>Am I supposed to sympathise with the woman being unjustly burned? She was a cunt
>Sympathise with the people unjustly burning her instead.
>>
>>93879377
Yes, when a character exhibits the exact same values the founder of your religion exhibits, you should feel sympathetic towards them. Unless you are more interested in the cultural connotations of said religion than its values, of course. In which case, DEUS VULT!
>>
>>93879396
I don't sympathies with any of them because the writing was anachronistic and made no sense. It was the Catholic Church which was making these scientific advancements for centuries, all of the sudden they are fundamentalist Luddites? Pick up a fucking history book.
>>
>>93879437
The writing was shit. If they gave reason what so ever for people to be acting that way besides "Christians evil, Lisa good." i'd love to watch it. As it stands it's just another soapbox. A reminder that Sypha WORKED FOR THE CHURCH in the games.
>>
>>93879447
Why are you so assblasted over some power hungry people taking advantage of the Church? They were clearly not real priests, as evidenced when one real priest shows up and fights the demons.

Also, a demon flat-out tells the Bishop "I am evil incarnate and come to tell you God is real. But he won't save you because you fucked up".

Some bad guys in this series happen to be Catholic and suddenly you just LOSE it? Nowhere is it stated the entire Church is evil.
>>
>>93879447
>It was the Catholic Church which was making these scientific advancements for centuries
No, it was particular monks who did not make waves that made advancements. Not "the church that took until the 90s to apologize to Galilelo. And at this point, you will say "but they put him under house arrest for making fun of the Pope!" As though that were reasonable, but the fact remains that the power of the church to influence and inhibit discovery was huge.
>>
>>93879468
>If they gave reason what so ever for people to be acting that way besides "Christians evil, Lisa good." i'd love to watch it.
So, for example, the woman who adheres to Christian burial traditions to mourn Lisa, the woman who emulated Jesus? Or maybe the priest who MUST be an official in the church and can make legitimate holy water? Something like those examples from the show itself?
>>
>>93879535
The church wasn't some evil gestapo trying to stop all scientists from telling the truth. The only thing Galileo was persecuted for was being a complete and utter retard.
>be Galileo
>create theory that disagrees with both scriptural interpretation and contemporary science (everyone seems to forget the latter for some reason)
>Cardinal Roberto Bellarmine tells me that I can only teach the concept as a hypothetical phenomenon/calculating device, but also that the church can and will reinterpret scripture if I can provide conclusive evidence and overcome scientific objections to my theory
>I agree, but then go and teach it as fact anyway
Galileo obviously had the last laugh in this debate, but at the same time it would be unfair to consider him the "rational" one in it.

Just look at the ruling on Galileo's writings

>If there were a true demonstration that the sun is at the centre of the
world and the earth in the third heaven, and that the sun does not
circle the earth but the earth circles the sun, then one would have to
proceed with great care in explaining the Scriptures that appear
contrary, and say rather that we do not understand them than that what
is demonstrated is false. But this is not a thing to be done in haste,
and as for myself I shall not believe that there are such proofs until
they are shown to me.

Hardly sounds like "grrr, science BAD" like fedoras pretend. inb4 you confuse Catholics with protestants.
>>
>>93878981
>A political tool for the House of Austria.
I love history please explain.

I really only know about the Spnaish Inquisition and not much else.
>>
>>93878868
>you will never drink a cute Saiyan girl's fresh juice
>>
File: Lucifer Figurine.jpg (61KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer Figurine.jpg
61KB, 499x750px
>>93879093
>forgive them, [family member] for they know not what they do
>Actual fucking quote from the game: "Do not hate humans. If you cannot live with them, then at least do them no harm, for theirs is already a hard lot." ...She also said that she would love you. For eternity.
Literally the exact same fucking message. She said that while being burned, mind you. I wonder if Christfags are working themselves up about all of this for no reason. Like when SJWs sperg the fuck out like Trigglypuff being told to hit the power gym.

>>93879351
This. The Japanese don't view the Catholic Church kindly. They did make Lucifer into a hot chick who is likable, mind.

>>93879377
>I recall it being over her association with Dracula. Where did it say otherwise?
>Akumajō Dracula X: Gekka no Yasoukyoku booklet
It says she was killed, not for being with Dracula, but for making MEDICINE. She was then burned as a witch because of that. She was making medicine for people suffering from the PLAGUE.
>>
>>93879585
>but they put him under house arrest for making fun of the Pope!
I apologize for not putting an "only" after they. Because, if this were only and exclusively a scientific dispute, the way modern Catholic apologists desperately try and paint it as, that is the point of contention.
>>
>>93879632
You're full of shit, that's not the only reason and Gal was also going against the mainstream science of his time.

Not giving the primary school version of events is being an apologist? What does that make you?
>>
>>93879693
So surely you'll be able to provide evidence of the church acting exactly the same way they did in the Galileo affair for other exclusively-science related issues. Maybe you'll give me the source on Mendelev's statistics being scrutinized by the church, and the result of such close love of the method?
>>
File: ash-social.jpg (20KB, 813x428px) Image search: [Google]
ash-social.jpg
20KB, 813x428px
>>93879693
>You're full of shit, that's not the only reason and Gal was also going against the mainstream science of his time.
>Galileo was an old school "science denier".
It has the wonderfully perverse similarity to the Global Warming fad and how anyone who disagrees is a "science denier". Politics and "consensus" have no fucking place in science.
>>
File: 238657-somacruz3.jpg (31KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
238657-somacruz3.jpg
31KB, 252x252px
>>93877238
I'll admit they could have handled the church better. You can't really tackle Castlevania 3 without a corrupt church, but you could at least have some of Trevor's rage against them be for the perversion of the word of God, rather than just being butthurt they came after his family. The Belmonts are, after all, devoutly faithful.

And I also dislike Sypha being made into some OC race rather than a proper Belnades. Church-employed witches have always been a prominent theme and important characters in Castlevania and altering that just to push the church as a monolithic evil is frustrating. If they ever do a series with Carrie or Charlotte or Yoko they'll have a lot of backtracking to do now.

That said, it's not all bad. As other anons have noted, the holy water does work, and is indeed suggested by Trevor, indicating he's faithful if at least lapsed. The demons themselves confirm the existence of God while chatting with the priest, informing him that God has abandoned him but the Devil is quite thankful for his deeds.

It's not perfect, I've certainly got more gripes than these, but for a video game adaptation it's unquestionably in the top echelon. To say otherwise is simply biased assblasting.
>>
>>93877238
>First off, they turned the moral conflict of Castlevania from Nihilism vs Idealism
Nigga. Castlevania has never had a central "moral conflict," stop trying to make it sound deeper than it is.
>into a "Muh faith vs science" moral conflict
That's not even true.
>>
>tfw I was raised Catholic and this series doesn't bother me at all
It's a fucking cartoon.
>>
>>93879621
>ignore the critiques of the show and focus on the irl political implications
to be perfectly honest, the way the RCC is portrayed in the games ISN'T like it is in the show. If some obscure line in the 1998 manual says she was killed for medicine, fine. That never manifested itself or was used in a visually disgusting anti-Christian polemic.

Are "The speakers" stupid and forced only for plot convenience? Yes. Is the Anti-Christian rhetoric and imagery far overblown than what's found in the Source material? Yes.
>>
>>93877238
Netflix anime sucks. A little amazed the asshurt fedoras haven't evolved into asshurt hardcore christ fags yet, though I suppose they haven't yet reached the balding middle management fatguy stage of their development.
>>
>>93879914
>why do adaptations that expand on the games' story expand on the game's story?
If /pol/-Catholics had even the most basal education on their chosen religion they wouldn't be this embarrassing when defending it.
>>
I haven't even watched this show but I lurk these threads because I really like religion shit and it doesn't get discussed on /co/ enough. Also I want to make a cartoon that has a lot of Christian shit in it so there's that

>>93879632
>>93879693
The Ptolemaic model was standard Greco-Egyptian thought that carried over to Rome and as such Christianity. The theological reasoning behind it was that because humanity was fallen, its location as center of the universe puts it as far as it can possibly be from the Empyrean, the unknowable space in which God was thought to reside. Of course, this teaching was ultimately heretical anyway in that it implicitly denies God's omnipresence and His desire to save humanity.

>>93879789
If there was no consensus in science then you could have any fucks make up whatever they want with no consequences. It's not like Protestantism.
>>
File: Dracula Matrix.jpg (68KB, 397x303px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula Matrix.jpg
68KB, 397x303px
>>93879914
>to be perfectly honest, the way the RCC is portrayed in the games ISN'T like it is in the show. If some obscure line in the 1998 manual says she was killed for medicine, fine. That never manifested itself or was used in a visually disgusting anti-Christian polemic.

Are you being deliberately retarded? The Bishop gave THAT EXACT REASON for having her killed. So, you saying "That never manifested itself", is kicked in the baby beans right out of the gate. It's the exact same fucking reason as the games!
>>
>>93879993
>Of course, this teaching was ultimately heretical anyway in that it implicitly denies God's omnipresence and His desire to save humanity.
That's nice. Modern apologetics has no influence on middle age policy.
>>
>>93877238
>Zelda
Just note that Nintendo (now of days) only lets Japanese studios touch their IPs, if a Zelda series would to be made it will be made by Shaft.

Frederator wants Metroid but Nintendo will say no and give it to IG instead.
>>
>>93879811
>And I also dislike Sypha being made into some OC race rather than a proper Belnades. Church-employed witches have always been a prominent theme and important characters in Castlevania and altering that just to push the church as a monolithic evil is frustrating. If they ever do a series with Carrie or Charlotte or Yoko they'll have a lot of backtracking to do now.
I suppose it's possible in later seasons that she joins up with the Church. This would be part of a reversal that would have began when we see that priest successfully create Holy Water. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

It's not even that i'm upset the a show wants to be anti-Catholic. They can be as anti-Catholic as they want and I just won't watch.
>>
Slightly unrelated but my main issue with shit like this is they never pick countries like England or Germany to their anti-Catholic routine.It would make sense for those countries. But instead they always pick countries that are STILL predominately Catholic and pretty much enjoying it. Eastern Europe has got to be one of the worst places to spin this spiel.
>>
>>93879999
>>93879982
The priest said the bishop said it was because he wanted the people to kept simple and Lisa was giving them science. They said nothing about medicine.
>>
>>93880083
Yeah, religion descends from God himself and imparts upon us medicine, it has nothing to do with science.
>>
File: A General Shocker.jpg (20KB, 567x456px) Image search: [Google]
A General Shocker.jpg
20KB, 567x456px
>>93879993
>If there was no consensus in science then you could have any fucks make up whatever they want with no consequences.
Fucking wrong. Science isn't based on "consensus", but constant skepticism of "current" facts, and testability. Challenging previous facts with NEW ones! That's what science is about. Forming a "consensus" like with the Flat Earth theory, the anthropocentric Global Warming scam, or when Newtonian physics was the "consensus" that Einstein challenged.

>It's not like Protestantism.
You mean the true form of Christianity that doesn't need a bunch of idolatrous "Saints" to speak to God?
>>
>>93879884
Same. In fact, being a Catholic is when you learn the most that the Church is not what you'd call immaculate.
>>
The portrayal is just cliche.

Nobody is asking to portray the fucking Catholic Church has noble crusaders, fuck they have been stomped on ever since the 10th century and their brand of salvation.

God knows atheists and Protestants can be more obnoxious.

>>93880121

What are you on about Protestants are worse than Catholics.
>>
>>93879621
>It says she was killed, not for being with Dracula, but for making MEDICINE. She was then burned as a witch because of that. She was making medicine for people suffering from the PLAGUE.
That's in the booklet. Not the game. Try again. She was burned for being associated with Dracula and repeating it won't make it not true/
>>
>>93880119
>blah blah blah
The show said nothing about Lisa getting burned for making medicine healing people from plague. It'd be better if that was the case.
>>
>>93877630
Ironically those types usually have no problem to say that Islam keeps people ignorant and violent. (Which it does) But a Jebus religion can't do that.
>>
>>93880171
Nice strawman you got there. Feel smart with it?
>>
>>93880147
>God knows atheists and Protestants can be more obnoxious.
>we're not asking you to portray us as perfect, only that you portray our competition as worse than us
How the infallible have fallen.
>>
>>93880121
>You mean the true form of Christianity that doesn't need a bunch of idolatrous "Saints" to speak to God?
Protestants are literally the worst.
Evangelicals are bad news for everyone.
>>
File: 1413100336437.jpg (42KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
1413100336437.jpg
42KB, 500x414px
>>93877238
>christfag butthurt
>>
>>93880187
You can't have it both. But if you even think Islam has no problem them you are a lost case.
>>
>>93880191
They weren't asking to depict protestants and atheists worse, just that they find those two more obnoxious.
>>
File: 1450993473538.jpg (17KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1450993473538.jpg
17KB, 255x255px
>>93880147
>What are you on about Protestants are worse than Catholics.
Tell that to the army of child molesting Priests in your Catholic Church.

>>93880163
It said she was killed for "witchcraft". Lisa told them it was for medicine.

Please learn to read subtext.

>>93880197
>Protestants are literally the worst.
Says the stupid Catholic that has no proof. How is your Catholic Church, anyway? Still infested with child molestors?
>>
>>93880019
>Modern apologetics has no influence on middle age policy.
Who said it did? I can see the reasoning why America put the Japanese into internment camps, but that doesn't mean that today we haven't all agreed that it was stupid. And yet our government is still running.

>>93880121
>You mean the true form of Christianity that doesn't need a bunch of idolatrous "Saints" to speak to God?
When will you learn that Catholics only pray to saints insofar as they intercede to God because of the virtue or situations regarding the prayer? And prehistoric totemists praised the sun, so does that mean that not praying in the dark means you've created another idol?

This isn't even going into the Rock of Peter.
>>
>>93880067
It is worth noting that she's only used her fire and ice spells so far. Her strongest spell is called Holy Lightning, IIRC. If they really are going to make her an agent of the church, that would be a good reason to hold off on that spell until she's ordained.
>>
>>93879837
>Nigga. Castlevania has never had a central "moral conflict,

Not that anon, but that conflict was kinda there in some titles. That was basically the point of the "What is a man?" scene, and by extension, the ending of Rondo of Blood.

That being said, that theme is also present in this series. In fact, that was THE ENTIRE POINT OF ALUCARD AND DRACULA'S ARGUMENT. So OP is definitely assblasted.
>>
>>93880230
>>93880197
>>93880147
Don't derail this thread into a religious argument.
I'll be back in one year. Say your peace with whatever God you have.
>>
File: file.png (732KB, 1038x590px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
732KB, 1038x590px
>>93880168
They literally call her a doctor. What the fuck do you think she was making? No shit the mob lynching her wouldn't call them medicine because as far as they know it's just witchcraft hoodoo
>>
>>93880197
Catholics are the worst sheeple. Protestant read the bible and try to understand it. Catholics ask the pope what the bible may imply and guess what the bible says he is always right.
>>
>>93880191
>>93880230

I am not catholic, that is besides the point.

Its the constant barrage of "muh bad religion" without ever a focus on its good side, like everything in life. A balanced nuanced and fair view.

And yes Protestants are worse than Cathoolics who at least always had good philosophers and a universalistic streak. Protestantism is even more anti science and at the center of the most retarded bible thumping theatrics in History like the Münster Rebellion.

>>93880272

It was not me I swear.
>>
>>93880274
>No shit the mob lynching her
She was burned at the stake, no lynching was involved. You might have Alzheimers.
>>
>>93880272
>kill myself within a year

No thanks. Better to die on my feet than live on my knees.
>>
>>93880240
Ah, I apologize. I confused "you must defer to this organization in all things to not be tortured for all eternity (but It's your fault for not listening!)" with "is correct in the eyes of God." My mistake.
>>
>>93880309
Lynched, burned at the stake. I don't know the difference.
>>
I feel like most this could be fixed by having Trevor be a lapsed catholic of some sort.

Never played the game so my knowledge in that department is 0, how do the games portray Christianity?
>>
>>93880230
>Resorting to the same ad hominem twice in one post instead of defending his baseless fanfiction Christianity
I could do some /pol/ shit about lesbian bishops taking down crosses for the muslims but that's no argument
>>
>>93880304
>Its the constant barrage of "muh bad religion" without ever a focus on its good side
So like the good Christians in the show already pointed out in the thread? For someone who supposedly admires the Catholic academic tradition you sure do hate reading.
>>
>>93880286
No they don't. There's so much infighting within the Catholic church between different philosophies, moral theology, traditonal Catholics, progressives, liberation theology,etc. etc. Most traditonal Catholics currently hate the pope and refuse to listen to anything he has thoughts on. You're literally just assuming things about BOTH denominations.
>>
>>93879203
>OP has kind of a point

OP barely even watched the show. The religion is never depicted as the problem, the problem is the shitty corrupt organization that shitty corrupt people built around it. In fact, water blessed by a priest actually fucking burned demons, so it's clearly not whatever "hurr durr christianity bad science good" message OP is imagining.

The guy saw a woman get burned as a witch for having science, stopped paying attention after that, and made up his own story to get angry about.
>>
>>93880230
>Tell that to the army of child molesting Priests in your Catholic Church.
But protestant churches have an even bigger molestation problem.
>>
>>93880343
He essentially was. He is clearly bitter about his family being excommunicated and assumed a legitimate priest would be able to fend off demons. It's just that /pol/-tards care more about the community of religion than its beliefs.
>>
>>93880343
>how do the games portray Christianity?
Well, they portray it like magic. The actual Church as an organization can be good or indifferent but generally they help the player more than they hurt. That, plus major characters are working for the Church in some capicity.

Castlevania mixes Christianity with Western folklore, the occult and whole bunch of other stuff.
>>
>>93880272
Some of you are all right. Don't go to Targoviste next year.
>>
How would you feel if they went full /a/ next season and put in an opening?
>>
>>93881103
Did Japan like it?

I would love for more attempts like this in the West.
>>
>>93881103
They had an opening in the first episode.
>>
>>93881125
Musical opening
>>
I just want to know why everyone is Catholic in a historically Orthodox part if the world.
>>
>>93881146
Hmm. Only if it had music like the games.
>>
>>93881182
It has to be the last song you listened to
>>
>>93881103
If the song was good, I'd be hype as fuck.
>>
>>93881153
>Why is this story about Magical Science Blood Demon not entirely historically accurate?
>>
File: 1470961847277.png (848KB, 921x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470961847277.png
848KB, 921x720px
>>93881228
>Amon Amarth

I can dig it.
>>
>No castlevania monsters
>NO FUCKING REMIXES OF CASTLEVANIA MUSIC

WHAT THE HELL
>>
>>93881228
Jokes on you, I was listening to Ebony Wings from Order of Ecclesia.
>>
>>93881292
To be fair this was basically a prologue and Dracula's Curse proper is only just starting
>>
>>93881292
Apparently Konami won't let them have any of that
>>
>>93881342
That's bullshit, but I believe it since it's Konami we're talking about.
>>
>>93881342
Why the FUCK would they let people do shit with castlevania but not use any castlevania shit?
>>
>>93881292
Syncing the opening to the intro scroll music from SOTN works pretty good

Tried it with other game songs and they don't work as well
>>
>>93881364
Because Konami. For all we know they could forbid them from touching SotN properly because it might promote Igarashi.
>>
>>93877238
Jesus Christ man, those demons literaly said that God exists and that he left that Church because his love isn't unconditional and that he hated bishops work. It goes against powerhungry priests and bishops who use their position to gain power or are dillusional in their zealotry.
>>
File: 1452905010116.gif (207KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
1452905010116.gif
207KB, 450x320px
>>93877238
>>
>>93877494
Trevor's design is fucking awful. Pure GoT shit
>>
>>93877494
so really your problem is it makes your faith look bad.

well, bad news for you son, your faith makes your faith look bad. we don't need anime to tell us how shitty you guys are, just history books.
>>
>>93877494
While your at it, give everyone tacticool costumes so that it appeals to normies even more.
>>
File: 1454384837242.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1454384837242.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>93877238
At least a Muslim will just blow me up and be done with it,the Christ fag's battle plan is to annoying me to death with how triggered they are.
>>
>>93881537
Aside from the cape, which he ditches, and the stubble/short hair he's pretty much Trevor. His outfit is straight up inspired by his Curse of Darkness look.
>>
>>93879249
Accuracy is only important when it deals with adding/switching in brown people. You should know this by now.
>>
>>93881595
Guy looks too old to be Trevor, Trevor is barely 20 in the game, Cartoon Trevor looks like he's in his thirties
>>
>>93877238
As a Practicing Christian, the series hit the nail on the head about the "Catholic" church and the church during the time period.

The church was and is still in way evil and pushes more Christians the opposite way of where the actual message says to go.

Also It's not going after all Christians since it shows the one Preacher who made Holy Water in a good light, while the High Bishop was lost by thinking "his" works was for good, and not himself.
>>
>>93881630
Trevor didn't look that young either in the games. People back then aged like shit.
>>
>>93881684
He's a fucking belmont. They're all pretty boys.
>>
File: IMG_3278.jpg (88KB, 570x930px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3278.jpg
88KB, 570x930px
>>93881684
Maybe they were looking for
>>
>>93881640
>not all christians

Get a load of these mental gymnastics.

If you're Christian you believe Jesus was God and God is infalliable. Jesus founded the catholic church, with Peter as the first pope. Deal with it.
>>
>>93881718
>Jesus was Jewish and the term "Christian" was used rarely, but "believers" was the go to term for those who followed Christ.

Not really mental gymnastics since I agree with the word of God, but not the bullshit rules Catholics brainwash their followers with. I was raised Catholic and we were going up and down more than a well paid whore.
>>
File: travor-gallery.jpg (69KB, 615x611px) Image search: [Google]
travor-gallery.jpg
69KB, 615x611px
>>93881684
So you've never Curse of Darkness then
>>
File: vlad 2.png (206KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
vlad 2.png
206KB, 600x338px
Never played a Castlevania game but I thought it was a really good series and the only thing I really had a problem with was that it was only 4 episodes long and each episode was half an hour long. I like the art style and the designs are nice. So far the only criticism I've hear is that it isn't a precise copy of the game. But guys, if it was a precise copy of the game then there would be no reason to watch a show or movie adaptation since you might as well just play the games. A film adaptation has to separate itself somewhat from the work it's adapting from otherwise there is just no point to it. There are a lot of things that people like about the game, like the soundtrack, that just would not have worked as well in this media format. It would have seemed too "Gamey". Honestly, think about what a direct translation of the game would be like and ask if it actually would have made a decent show. The answer is most likely no.
>>
>>93881568
Actually blowing you up is just their plan if they can't do anything worse to you. They'd much rather stone you to death, throw you off a building, or saw your head off.
>>
>>93881568
Fedoras are in a constant state of triggered when it comes to religion so it's hilarious to see this claim
>>
>>93882055
The plan of a mudslime is to "convert" you, barring that, if you don't convert then you're subsequently killed. The goal of muslim terrorist is to force the conversion of Islam all over the world, as the muslims did hundreds of years ago when they swept the world conquering and forcing conversion until the crusades.
>>
File: 1446137740280.png (427KB, 514x662px) Image search: [Google]
1446137740280.png
427KB, 514x662px
>(you)

But seriously, let's break this down piece by piece so we don't have to deal with this anymore.

The series never demonizes christianity. It demonizes it's followers.

Dracula and Alucard's entire argument is literally nihilism vs. idealism, humanity being meaningless and full of bastards vs. the knowledge that there's more out there than that. Science vs. faith is not even a single part of the script, it's science vs. superstition - a very, very different stance than just faith.

As a matter of fact, the script is actually very tactful in handling faith. You can go ahead and be triggered all you want that it presents christianity as historically corrupt, which it fucking was, but Dracula, nor his demons, ever actually state that God is a falsehood - just that Wallachia's religious are fucking corrupt to the bone, and that God would be fucking disgusted with them.
Dracula even tells the people explicitly that he gave them a grace period to "make peace with their God" - he's not frustrated with them for being biblethumpers, he's frustrated with them for being shitty sacks of shit and letting shitty sacks of shit tell them to be shitty sacks of shit.

How about the part where Lisa's literally screaming that "They know not what they're doing"? You'd have to be fucking blind to miss the religious imagery in that.

Yeah, sure, if you forget Symphony of the Night, then Christianity's followers have never been demonized in the games. Castlevania 3 never demonized the church's followers on the NES, but that was also back when Dracula's reason for appearing was "spookman rises to terrorize the populace again", the Belmonts were exiled from Wallachia for literally being too badass, and Alucard left Dracula's side because they needed another character.
So it's a change worth making if you want to make a plot worth following.

By the way, Sypha has always been a witch or "warlord" hired by the church, and never explicitly Christian.
>>
Castlevania in general sucks, deal with it weebs.
Warren Ellis is a hack too.
>>
>>93882197
Correction to that, Sypha's worked under the church and was raised as a monk, but unless I'm wrong, most of that seems to come from fucking Judgement, so take that with a grain of salt if you want.
>>
>>93882281
Sypha wasn't raised as a monk, she was born into a witch tribe, most of her family and tribe being killed off by Dracula's demon army as a child so she began to work for the church. Elli's edgy church shit is annoying because the church plays only a small role in the games but there's always that one edgy faggot who wants bring their personal critique of religion into everything
>>
>>93881919
>Kojima design
Unfair, she makes every dude look like a pretty boy.
>>
>>93877238
I just finished watching it with a normie friend of mine. It was completely awful. I kept wanting to walk away but my normie friend thought it was awesome and I would have felt bad if I told him it was shit. How is it that everything Netflix creates is garbage?

>>93880224
If you can't make a coherent argument that doesn't rely on a false moral equivalence then you are a lost case retard.
>>
I find it funny that people bitch about an adaptation of a video game that had pretty much NO STORY getting a story.
>>
>>93882594
Even the original japanese NES artwork of Trevor (Ralph) made him bishie. You can't use the kojima excuse
>>
>haha fucking SJW's complaining about muh representation, such idiots!
>WHAT, A CHRISTIAN IS PORTRAYED IN A NEGATIVE LIGHT!? REEEEEEEEEEEE

/pol/ was a mistake
>>
>>93882628
Because how they went about implementing the story was shit
>>
>>93882642
Liberals want representation even when it's inaccurate. I.E a nig in a historically nigless setting

Getting portrayed inaccurately and then complaining about it is not the same thing. That's considered defamation
>>
>>93882646
What was so shit about it?
Muh Christianity or Trevor being disillusioned?
>>
File: 1467098362831.jpg (49KB, 300x392px) Image search: [Google]
1467098362831.jpg
49KB, 300x392px
>>93879621
>>93880230
>>93878868
>has obviously never actually played a Castlevania game

It's always astounding how atheistcucks manage to find the subjects they are least knowledgeable about to argue.
>>
File: this is you.jpg (666KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
this is you.jpg
666KB, 1280x1024px
>>93879093
>but with how many people have either accidentally or willfully missed its meaning

You included. That scene was reinforcing the prometheus theme that >>93878981 already pointed out. She was basically establishing that Dracula is the new God, a very anti-Christian act.

>>93879273
>they included a token old women who has three lines of dialogue, That totally refutes OP's point!

>>93880387
>OP barely even watched the show.

Ironing. OP's points are impossible to argue against if you have actually finished the series. In fact the first episode isn't even the worst offender, the third episode is.
>>
>implying Japan even knows anything about Christianity
For the last time, they just like the aesthetics. It doesn't MEAN anything to them.
>>
>>93882746
>they included a token old women who has three lines of dialogue
How many lines of dialogue does the man forced to carry Jesus cross have?
>>
>>93879351
>>93881612
>Purposefully misusing "accuracy" to troll people

Obvious samefag is obvious.
>>
>getting assblasted over Setup: the season

Come on at least wait for "season 2" before throwing a fit
>>
>>93882762
Japan has Christians, we just bombed them in WWII when we nuked Nagasaki. Funny how that works
>>
>>93882702
The entire set up is one massive fuck up, from beginning to end. From Trevor's appearance, to the enlarged role of the church, to Sypha and Alucard. Its one massive shit pile
>>
>>93882828
That's your opinion, and the larger church role was more due to them using backstory from Symphony of the Night.
>>
>>93882845
They're using a scene where Lisa was killed by the town and passing it off as something the entire church was in on so the faggot could wank his opinions. That wasn't even the prime motivator in castlevania III for Dracula. Please, fuck off
>>
>>93882864
Yeah in III he had no motivation other than being the generic boogeyman bad guy.
>>
>ostentatious priests shown as corrupt and evil cannot even expel demons from a church
>common priest makes holy water

Why are people but ad?
>>
>>93880337
More like you don't know what you're talking about and are just shitposting.
>>
The evil priest comes back as Shaft
>>
>>93882864
I'd it really hard for you to understand that the wallachia clergy were apostates?
>>
>>93882909
Because /pol/ crossboarders aren't actually Christian, they just feel the need to defend the Catholic Church for cultural reasons. Not even defend the religion, mind you, not promote its values, but the actual church, because centuries ago they declared war on a few Muslim countries.
>>
>>93882938
Most of /pol/ is deist and we despise Fedoras because of their stupidity and childishness over anything involving the possibility of intelligent design and their hypocrisy in only attacking Christianity while not uttering a perp towards Islam
>>
>>93882952
Yeah, all that Deus Vult posting was completely ironic. Extremely believable.
>>
>>93882920
Shaft is a normal human and wouldn't be born until the 18th century
>>
>>93882967
We do it to piss off fedoras because we know anything to do with Christianity triggers your autism. Plus it also pisses off mudslimes as an added bonus
>>
>>93882967
>Deus Vult posting was completely ironic
Not for me. I'm on a crusade right now
>>
>>93882938
Are you honestly calling the Crusades a war on a "few" Muslim countries? Do you even remotely know your fucking history at all or are you regurgitating shit you saw on a John Green video? The Crusades were wars of defense, not conquest
>>
>>93882980
/pol/'s version of "Christianity" has nothing to do with Christianity.
>>
>>93882994
Of course not considering the Catholic Church has a cuck for a pope right now
>>
>>93882991
>The Crusades were wars of defense, not conquest
Did I say otherwise? Or are you just so desperate to have an argument about it you have your talking points ready to go?
>>
>>93882657
>>Getting portrayed inaccurately and then complaining about it is not the same thing. That's considered defamation
whoah are you saying this cartoon with vampires and magic ISN'T realistic!?!?!?!?!?!? :OOOO

get the fuck out retard
>>
>>93883034
>claim Christians declared war on a "few" Muslim countries

>by the start of the Crusades, Muslims had conquered much of eastern Europe, Africa, and the Mediterran and were quickly encroaching on western Europe

Yes, you did
>>
>>93881919
Love the show design's tailcoats or whatever they're called, very Kojima-like.

I don't suppose they're really dressed accurately for the period but the classic barbarian look would only work centuries earlier even before Leon.

If they ever get to Simon he should look early Renaissance so a total redesign might be in order.
>>
>>93880079
Eastern Europe is mostly Orthodox, not Catholic. That's actually something you could criticise this for, the church in Romania would be Orthodox. But it's probably just going from the games, whose church is clearly inspired by the Catholicism.
>>
File: 1499874714090.jpg (125KB, 659x551px) Image search: [Google]
1499874714090.jpg
125KB, 659x551px
>4chan has angry, defensive christfags

If you told us all this 10 years ago, we would have laughed.
>>
>>93877494
>except the purposefully evil looking Christian churches
Never seen a cathedral?
>>
>>93882762
Such a lie. Christianity means as much in Japan as Buddhism and Hinduism mean to us. Japan usually gets its shit right when it comes to Europe (look at hetalia for example) and your average Japanese person who researches Catholicism in order to make a vidya game or anime probably knows more about it than your average westerner.
>>
>>93883361
All the time. They look beautiful compared to the menacing shit they drew up. Have YOU, or is your mind poisoned to think brutalism is the peak of architecture?
>>
>>93882197
>at it presents christianity as historically corrupt
Thanks for the lesson in historical fedoraism 101.
>>
>>93883322

More like shitposters pretending to be. Every Castlevaina thread is going to be full of them.
>>
>>93883322
Fedora's were never liked at any point on 4chan and the big enemy in the old fays was Scientology, no one cared about Christianity but fedoras were the but of well deserved jokes
>>
>>93883426
Projection is autism
>>
>>93883169
Well Vlad Tepes was supposedly a catholic so they operated off that assumption in the games
>>
File: 457457745.jpg (88KB, 311x516px) Image search: [Google]
457457745.jpg
88KB, 311x516px
>>93883322

It is really bizarre, isn't it?
Nice dubs.
>>
>>93883322
>pretending to be an oldfag
You were still diapers 10 years ago.
>>
>>93883459

Perect example right here.

Not to mention they're arguing about shit that has happened in the games. The church flip-flopped between being an ally or antagonistic toward the belmonts through the series, Trevor, Sonia and Leon being examples but still keeping their faith in god himself.
>>
Fuck off, /pol/
>>
>>93883596
If the west keeps jewwing Japanese IP's you're going to have """"/pol/""" grow 1000%.
>>
File: 1487351852829.jpg (237KB, 1726x1314px) Image search: [Google]
1487351852829.jpg
237KB, 1726x1314px
>this entire thread
And people call us /co/mblr when it's filled with teenage reddit atheifags
>>
>>93879105
No one wants a simple story. If it was a simple story you'd be complaining about that
>>
>>93883559
Ecclesia, a fucking Church organization, summoned Dracula because the leader loved him so much. So it flip-flopped.
>>
>>93877238
This series is great, everyone I show it to digs it as well.
Christfags gonna hate though, sorry you didn't get your pro-church propaganda, at the cost of a Instant Classic.
Ciao!
>>
>>93878915

Wouldn't the region in the games and show be under the Eastern Orthodox Church and not the Roman anyway?
>>
>>93877494
>The animation was good
It wasn't.
>>
>>93878981
It's implied several times that this isn't Dracula's first attack, but it's the first "it's personal" attack.
>>
>>93883368
>as Buddhism and Hinduism mean to us
So roughly dick all
>>
File: 1500073504624.jpg (91KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500073504624.jpg
91KB, 1080x720px
>>93883641

Not like us good ol' christian boys, amirite?
>>
>>93881543
I wish the church never allowed school to be a thing.
>>
>>93878981
They didn't show Dracula as a misunderstood good guy. His wife got him to stop murdering people for a while, but he had put tons of people on spikes before meeting her.

They also don't show religion as bad. They show a single Bishop doing bad things. Hell, they don't even say he was wrong to burn her. He thought she had consorted with the devil and Dracula immediately proved him right.
>>
>>93884021
They show a bishop and a bunch of priest doing bad things.They don't even show anybody inside the church opposing the fucker.
>>
>>93884016
>le kekistanis are Christian
Do you have any proof? Most of these people are Neopagans or apatheistic.
>>
>>93884021
>Hell, they don't even say he was wrong to burn her
They kinda did. Even the demons knew he was in the wrong.
Alucard himself advocated finding the bishop and gutting the cunt
>>
>>93884057

The bishop himself says he left because he and his superior 'disagreed' with his methods when talking to trevor. Which shows the church wasn't writing him a blank check.
>>
>>93877630
>but your church really did burn innocent people at the stake for "witchcraft"
Protestants were a mistake

The Catholic Church burned some people who just wouldn't stop (I think it was something like 2 or 3 warnings to stop being a twat, then the stake). but Protestants really took it to another level
>>
File: 1500067906559.jpg (125KB, 1374x1031px) Image search: [Google]
1500067906559.jpg
125KB, 1374x1031px
>>93884095

DEUS VULT
>>
It was pretty good. Alucard's face looks alien but that's really the only complaint.
>>
File: Sypha.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
Sypha.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
Don't care much about all these religious arguments, but I will say that Sypha is cute.
>>
>>93884182
Oh c'mon the bishop should have known this asshole was insane.Also the ones who should have opposed the cunt should be the "speakers" wich in reality where part of the church and wheren't even called that.
>>
>>93884229
These are the fuckers from the shia lebouf bs.
>>
>>93882642
I like when you point out the horseshoe of their behavior and they start shitting on 'centrists' (read anyone that isn't a SJW or /pol/tard) as a self defense
Shame we went down this road though. I liked when we could laugh at tumblr and not have to laugh at ourselves too.
>>
>>93880343
Trevor IS Catholic. You don't excommunicate non-Catholics. This alone is why all the complaints are bullshit.
>>
>>93884260
The speakers were obviously Gypsies.
>>
File: castlevania_cover1.jpg (86KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_cover1.jpg
86KB, 500x414px
Turns out I was pronouncing Wallachia wrong.
>>
>>93884229
>the roman salute means deus vult
Wut? Whether you choose to identify that with nazism or not, it was never a crusading gesture.
>>
>>93883784
No retard, the leader was corrupt, the rest of the organization was legit.
>>
>>93884350
Wrong they are jews.
>>
>>93881292
>No castlevania monsters
A castlevania boss (and the correct one to boot) doesn't count?
>>
>>93881707
Fuck off dumb faggot.
>>
>>93882639
What the fuck is bishie
>>
>>93884588
How are you this new that you couldn't have even googled that?
>>
>>93884260

I'm talking about the fat fuck that kicked him out to the captial. Then again he was an idiot for not getting people the fuck out of dodge or setting up a defense instead of celebrating burning the wife of the goddamn prince of darkness.
>>
>>93884661
He should have just evacuated the cities under him.
>>
>>93882952
Kek no, that is just murrikans, fuck off. Christianity is just a Jewish lie.

>>93884622
I
Why are you using weeb words? Speak English you dumb weeboo
>>
>>93877630

And atheist Communism killed a hundred million people in less than hundred years. I'm sorry, what was your point again?
>>
I've started watching it and I think Lisa is CUTE!
>>
>>93877238
>Nihilism
>Dracula wants to destroy the whole country, if not work his way up to global genocide should he have the stamina for it

>Idealism
>Alucard still thinks that humans can be good, and is against wholesale genocide when you can just kill some power-grabbing bishops to give them the fear of God again, and let the people be.

10/10
>>
>>93884825
Ohhh, shit.
>>
>>93881919
3D Castlevania games are pig disgusting.
>>
>>93877238
It was terribly slow and plodding with middling action apart from the Alucard fight

It deserves its pretty low rating
>>
>>93880202
>where did you put my go-go boots Spongefake?
>>
>>93884797
get out faggot.
>>
>>93885040
What low rating?
>>
>>93878371
Different guy here now: It's /jp/sies. This is Castlemetroidia: the Chan-ology Ages.
>>
File: IMG_0093.gif (1008KB, 400x235px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0093.gif
1008KB, 400x235px
>people are actually getting mad about this
All of you need to fucking purge yourselves immediately because if you're seriously getitng mad about the church being corrupt in a game series WHERE THAT WAS FUCKING CANON IN THE GAMES you are immeasurably autistic.
>>
>>93885372
>WHERE THAT WAS FUCKING CANON IN THE GAMES
You have not played the games.
>>
>>93877598

If anything anime's take on Christianity is even more aggressive...
>>
>>93880224
>>93880171

Probably because Islam is not dominant in the west and is vilified with impunity, while christian terrorists get officially endorsed by the most powerful nation on earth:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2017/02/white-house-attack-list-ignores-christian-terrorists/
>>
>>93877598
Asia is a bigger offender.
>>
>>93877238
>why does the show hate religion!?!?!?!??
>Warren Ellis

Has no one ever read literally anything he's ever written. Why is this surprising to anyone in any way? As soon as you saw his name in the credits you should have known.

The real problem with the show is the tonedeaf and pointless crude humor and stupid characterization. God forbid a western animated show targeted toward adults have some fucking dignity or gravity to it. No, we have to see our protagonist get shitwater dumped on him, hear a 'hilarious' monologue about fucking goats that a middle-schooler from 2002 would think of as edgy, and watch someone try to kick a vampire in the balls. Meanwhile the visual style and overall tone of the series is clearly a gritty low-magic gothic horror setting.

Then our whiney manchild protag needs the most shallow arc ever, so he goes from being a drunk shitlord who 'doesn't care' to a generic badass. Why? Because 'I do care.'

Okay. Thanks.

But again... Ellis.

They should have saved their money for music rights to the soundtracks from the games and just hired the most generic writer possible. It would still be a disappointment but at least it wouldn't make everybody cringe.
>>
>>93878353
Anyone else here ever been threatened with being killed from a distance and stuffed by a crazy taxidermist girlfriend, that's pretty Castlevania mid boss tier right? Amirite?
>>
>>93884820
I like how nobody responded to you quite funny.
>>
>>93885461

So basically, Marvel styled quips in a dark fantasy setting.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

That sounds like it makes the anime cut scenes from Rondo of Blood look true to the european gothic setting.
>>
>>93884019
Did the mean anime hurt your fee fees anon :(
>>
I'm sorry, but the Pazzuzu scene and the final fight made the series a 10/10 for me.
>>
>>93885372
Really, care to elaborate on where and which games? Because I recall holy water, crosses, salt, and a consecrated whipe being weapoms to save the day bishops being positive figures, and at least one acolyte as a playable hero.
>>
File: car-crash.gif (1023KB, 317x232px) Image search: [Google]
car-crash.gif
1023KB, 317x232px
>Dracula driving the Federation Starship Steamrunner into the Vatican Galaxy Quest style.
>>
>>93879092
That's wrong though
>>
>>93883871
Transylvania was part of Hungary, which was officially Catholic.
>>
File: TrevorJapanManual.png (146KB, 256x258px) Image search: [Google]
TrevorJapanManual.png
146KB, 256x258px
>complaints about Trevor not looking "bishie" enough
>people say he was always a pretty boy

He looked like a generic Conan-esque warrior in the old NES materials, like a lot of the Belmonts before SOTN. The age of gothic bishoujo art was just a phase. Even then Netflix Trevor still has an anime prettyboy haircut, so I don't know why people are complaining.
>>
>>93879351
>>93879377
>/pol/ is christian
>no /pol/ is neopagan

/pol/ is a mishmash of atheists, pagans and christians arguing which religion is best for the white race, with a few memers here and there arguing that islam or judaism are the real GOAT religion for saving the West

There's a reason why memes like "christcucks" "vargposting" and "tips fedora" all come out of /pol/, because they disagree with each other.
>>
>>93885739
They are not in Transylvania and state as much. They are in what is today south Romania, which was orthodox.
>>
File: Huntingirl-1-.gif (1KB, 59x53px) Image search: [Google]
Huntingirl-1-.gif
1KB, 59x53px
>>93877238

OP is a fucking more. If anything this series was tame because ACTUAL DIVINE BEINGS are villains in Castlevania.
>>
>>93883892
(You)
>>
File: trigglybuff.jpg (51KB, 600x530px) Image search: [Google]
trigglybuff.jpg
51KB, 600x530px
>>93879621
Pokemon Rondo of Trainer Red and Circle of Dead Silver when?
>>
>>93884820
Did he kill in the name of atheism?
>>
>>93885558
Yes, because marvel invented jokes and there's no such thing as dark humour.
>>
>>93885787
I have actually seen people complaining that he's too pretty as well as not pretty enough. People are dumb.
>>
>>93880121
Well I guess nobody sane should mock the Shocker.
>>
>>93877494
The church wasnt exactly 'reasonable' in the days of witch trials and execution by pyre.
>>
>>93884820
Nobody was killed in the name of athiesm, just by an athiest body. If even that much is accurate.
>>
>>93886217
"Catholic witch trials" is a lie. See >>93883577
and >>93883479
>>
File: FF_Brawn_of_Bros_Delta.png (120KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
FF_Brawn_of_Bros_Delta.png
120KB, 240x240px
>>93882281
Did Sypha equip weapons or was she taught the secret of the bare handed master school of combat?
>>
>>93883901
By this point I wouldn't complain about a pretty asian husband and I'm a dude. you're pushing it pretty mercilessly W. Pearl
>>
>>93880387
Didn't one character out right say he dabbled in science a bit never took it up but saw what it was about don't see the priest burning him alive.
>>
>>93886543
Yes. It was as glaring and we are making it seem. Don't believe the Ellis-Netflix apologetics.
>>
>>93886248
>Nobody was killed in the name of athiesm, just by an athiest body.
AHAHAHAHAHA!
>>
>>93877238
i enjoyed what we have so far a lot, but i cant quite shake the avatar/korra vibe it gives.

i dont even know if it was made by that team or if that's just the vibe western animation gives off?
>>
>>93886403
She had a knife in game.
>>
>>93877311
Organization shown to be bad with lots of bad people. Spoken at length by people that the church has been bad over time. But hey one guy was good so it's not anti church.
I'll apply that logic to the movie Schindler's list. Oscar Schindler was good so the Nazi party wasn't bad.
>>
>>93885922

Same caliber of argument as saying "they were burned in the name of Protestantism, not Christianity."

Both Soviet and Chinese Communism were inherently anti-theistic.
>>
>>93877630
governments burnt people at the stake too. Is that bad?
>>
>>93886854

The Bishop is shown to be bad, and is shown to recruit bad people into his service.

That's not the same as the whole church. This is the Bishop's rogue faction.
>>
>>93884254
Would you drink her beer?
>>
>>93885922
Look up League of Militant Atheists
>>
File: castlevania bishop.png (2MB, 2651x1491px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania bishop.png
2MB, 2651x1491px
THIS BISHOP

Is a power-hungry asshole

THIS BISHOP

Recruits awful people to serve him and uphold his reign

THIS BISHOP

Betrays his beliefs and the church to consort with demons and maintain his power

THIS BISHOP

Gets his comeuppance when the demons are able to kill him because his actions have defiled and destroyed any holy power his church might have had

All conflict with the church or negative portrayal of the church in Castlevania goes through

THIS BISHOP

If you think that constitutes condemn the church in its entirety or negatively portraying the church in its entirety, that means that you think

THIS BISHOP

Is a representative example of what bishops of the church are like, and in turn what the church itself is like

So if you think Castlevania is anti-Christian in general simply because

THIS BISHOP

Is an asshole -- you are the real anti-Christian here
>>
I cannot believe how fucking triggering the asshole bishop has been. It's fucking amazing
>>
When has the church ever helped the vampire hunters? They always use magic, violence, and their own tools to kill shit. A bottle of holy water lying around does not equate to actually doing anything about the forces of darkness.
>>
Granted I've not played any Castlevania games since Super Castlevania, but IIRC, wasn't part of the backstory for III the fact that the church and locals all fucking shunned the Belmonts for being super strong Chads who hunted monsters, due to the whole bullshit Chads=Evil Bully thing, with the locals and the church considering the Belmonts thugs who made up shit to justify being violent?
>>
>>93882746
>Ironing. OP's points are impossible to argue against if you have actually finished the series. In fact the first episode isn't even the worst offender, the third episode is.

Typically, when making a point, an argument is made.

The show goes well out of its way to demonstrate that the dickheads running the church and the street thugs dressed up as priests are not holy men. ("I need a REAL priest!") The Belmonts had a perfectly cordial relationship with the church up until they decided to start setting people on fire, and even after that holy water still works.

>>93886543
Yes, some random shmoe said to the blatantly-portrayed-as-evil bishop that he dabbled once, and got a nasty look for it. The "religion vs. science" thing only exists if you're the kind of idiot who thinks "Corrupt church = all people who hold religious beliefs". The writers of the show clearly don't think that.
>>
>>93877238
Worse than Lords of Shadow
>>
>>93877494
>>93877238
Butthurt Christian detected
>>
>>93884820
Atheism isn't a belief though so it doesn't matter. That is like saying a non jew killed someone so all goys are bad.
>>
>>93877238
Dracula fought the Muslims and Dracula is evil so the Muslims must have been good as they are in current times: SJW Netflix Logic

Notice how brown and multicultural the Speakers were?

I bet none of Dracula's femme fatale minions will appear either. Nu-Ellis is cucked. Nextwave was a fluke
>>
>>93877671
>Grown ups
>I believe in a magical flying wizard
>>
>>93877238
>they turned the moral conflict of Castlevania from Nihilism vs Idealism into a "Muh faith vs science"
>moral conflict of Castlevania
>conflict of Castlevania
Are we really trying to pretend there was some sacred philosophical core to castlevania now?
>>
File: 1383536788804.jpg (615KB, 716x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1383536788804.jpg
615KB, 716x1072px
>>
File: piss.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
piss.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>93887174
Yes. Hope they don't exclude the whole Trevor and Sypha getting married and being the reason why every Belmont we know exists with the exception of Leon who's story was shoehorned into the lore much later.
>>
File: Shanoa.jpg (320KB, 659x822px) Image search: [Google]
Shanoa.jpg
320KB, 659x822px
Best Castlevania girl.
>>
>>93888371

But you still blame every witch burning on every Christian? Your reply is not as clever as you think it is.
>>
>>93886938
>>93887238
And the excommunication of the Belmont family? Was that the same bishop?
>>
>>93888398
Wait when did this turn into a Harry Potter discussion?
>>
>>93888544
No, but it can be blamed on the christian churches.
>>
We're gonna have to deal with this shitposting for the show's entire run aren't we?
>>
File: IMG_6184.jpg (751KB, 2706x2130px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6184.jpg
751KB, 2706x2130px
>>93888474
>hating on Leon and Sara raining on Dracula's pity party parade for generations

I'm sorry they're not gay or brown enough for you to enjoy, fag
>>
>>93888474
Ah, so you look to drink deep of "Sypha's Golden Shower Brew."

I hope they explore the relationship as well
>>
File: 1377834277037.jpg (14KB, 330x231px) Image search: [Google]
1377834277037.jpg
14KB, 330x231px
>>93884229
>black dude in an anime shirt jojo posing
>>
>No classic Castlevania tunes.
>>
>>93877238
>First off, they turned the moral conflict of Castlevania from Nihilism vs Idealism into a "Muh faith vs science" moral conflict which doesn't even makes sense in context of the series.
How is it not still Nihilism vs Idealism? "Muh faith vs science" was only an issue at the very start. It was the catalyst that started everything, but not the running theme.

>Second, they turned the Christian Church which was always a neutral to benevolent entity in the video game series into some sort of purely Evil organization with oblivion-tier spiked crises just for extra cringe points.
Hate to break it to you, but the mob of religious people burning Dracula's wife alive is canon. Looks like you need to play the games a bit more.
Try a bit harder to hide the fact that you're a butthurt christfag, please.

>Thirdly they turned a Christian female Character (sypha) who worked for the church into being a member of some nomadic pseudo Jew-gypsy mary sue sect called "the Speakers."
In the context of a movie or TV show, they pretty much had to. Wouldn't make much sense for the Speakers to be super religious when they're probably recording all the atrocities the church is doing.

But it's not all bad, look at it this way. God turned his back on those crazy people who burned her. He even let demons enter the church and eat that guy alive, implying he has no love for the evil/ignorant masses, so the show still technically portrays god himself as a force of good.
>>
>>93888902
>In the context of a movie or TV show, they pretty much had to

Why? The whole point of the franchise is that Dracula is a traitorous edgy weak-willed fag who is never right unless he's an albino teenager in love with a shrine maiden
>>
Fuck the church
>>
Oh geez. I can't wait to see Netflix Carmilla and Medusa as rampant feminists who constantly tell Trevor to check his privelege
>>
>>93888902
You fucking retard, the church had no hand in Lisa's death in SotN. She was killed by the townspeople. Its in the fucking canon. You fags clearly have never even played the games yet you want to pretend that you have
>>
>>93877630
Romania is Orthodox you ignorant buffoon, there were no burnings there
Also, Vlad Tepes was based, so stop portraying him like an evil guy, fuck off...
>>
>>93889328
Dude killed mudslimes. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone who says otherwise is an ANTIFA thug
>>
File: Order of Ecclesia.jpg (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Order of Ecclesia.jpg
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>
>>93888565

Could be, who knows? Or the bishop might have just had a hand in it.

If excommunicating the Belmonts is all the church as a whole is guilty of, that's not much of a criticism. The Catholic Church did excommunicate people, sometimes for stupid reasons.

What, does the church need to be portrayed as absolutely perfect and incapable of ever doing anything wrong?
>>
>>93877238
Christians should start killing people who mock their religion again. It's working out just fine for the Muslims; murdered a few French cartoonists and now nobody gives them any lip
>>
What the fuck is wrong with this thread!? The last one was a nice one with some decent game history clases some bashing on Konami and an idiot saying the show was based on GoT.
For the christian butthurt in this thread the message is not that religion is bad the message is that power hungry persons in power positions are dangerous, often crazy and their decitions will have severe consequences
>>
>>93889598
>What, does the church need to be portrayed as absolutely perfect and incapable of ever doing anything wrong?
That would be nice for once.
>>
>>93889633
Too unbelievable. Even Christians knew that and it was why Protestantism was created.
>>
File: implier.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
implier.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>93889690
>Even Christians knew that and it was why Protestantism was created.
>Implying Wallachia was Catholic in the first place
>>
>>93880224
Islam is religion of peace unlike Christianity, your average Muslim is much more peaceful tolerant and progressive than your average republican voting retard that believes in his fairy tails and magic man in the sky lmao get a life
>>
>>93889198
"Alucard's mother. Count Dracula's wife who he loved dearly, a woman like the Virgin Mary. She created medicines for those people who suffered from the epidemic but she was executed due to the witch trials."
It is in the game booket of dracula x
>>
>>93889690
Then why are Muslims so beyond criticism these days?
>>
>>93889598
The exomunicated people for political reason mostly
>>
>>93889810
Because they are like christians but brown and you can never insult people who are brown, remember slavery?
>>
>>93889810
Insult Christianity and you won't get bombed for it
Insult Islam and you'll be beheaded

But profiling Islam as a religion of bombers is racist

So you make it illegal to criticize Islam and if people get killed for doing that, well they should have followed the law

Note: Law may vary based on country
>>
File: 1.jpg (1MB, 1149x2014px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
1MB, 1149x2014px
>>93889881
>Because they are like christians
>>
>>93885461
>tfw when no angry give a fuck ursines to sexually dominate and then feast upon the violent pulsing flesh
>>
File: Anglo.png (559KB, 3712x1286px) Image search: [Google]
Anglo.png
559KB, 3712x1286px
>>93885461
>Warren Ellis
again, Eternal Anglo, as always
>>
>>93889887
So you're saying Christians should start killing folks who criticize them and stuff like Castlevania will cease?
>>
Just watched it, having never played a Castlevania game except when I was really young, I thought it was okay. Animation budget went into the fights but I'm not really complaining. Pacing is bad, obviously, like the last part of the last episode.

Also pretty obvious they're not going for EVERYONE WHO IS RELIGIOUS IS EEEEVVVILL given the priest who made the holy water and what the demon said to the bishop (arguably he could've been lying 'cause he's a demon). Don't know if they're going to strike a balance on focusing who does religion Right vs who does it Wrong.

Dunno' why they only put out four episodes, was Netflix not very confident in it?
>>
>>93877238
I like how everything that paints even the slightest amount of religion in a bad light is fedora tier. The show goes out of its way to mention that the bishop is corrupt, the archbishop is lazy and the bishop's men are thugs in robes, not real priests. Yet the power of God is good, and truly ordained priests can help fend off the monsters. Everything else: Lisa burning at the stake, Bellmonts excommunicated (which is why Trevor doesn't like the current church), is all Canon to the games.
>>
>>93877238
Oh boy, did you sit down and take some time to really work hard at your little essay. Did you finish and think "This will show THEM", so self-satisfied with your triumph over all the people who weren't angry and sweaty over four episodes?

How hard did you work to try and make it not sound like "REEEEEEE", and still fail?
>>
>>93889887
I insult Islam all the time. Still not beheaded. There are Christians who use their religion to justify their killings in more underdeveloped regions, as well as mercs from here in the states who do it too.
>>
>>93889898
Yeah but Jesus is god and god is a fucker. Just because he went through a hippy phase doesn't make up for that.
>>
>>93889992
>Wanting a good cartoon to stop because it makes you mad as a christcuck
kek
>>93890067
Depends on where you live. It is literally illegal to insult islam in some countries in Europe.
>>
>>93890013
Aparently they are testing the waters for this series basically we got a pilot not a season
>>
>>93890085
ok, have a (you)
>>
>>93889598
I'm not saying that.I'm saying the speakers should have been part of the church to show this was a rogue entity of the church. I guess ellis just doesn't want many characters associated with the church.

Also I'm not familiar with Elli's writing does he incoporate paganism or protestanism elements into his writing?Just curious.
>>
>>93890105
>christcuck
>>>/pol/
>>
>>93890129
>I never read the old testament
How very christian of you
>>
>>93890105
>good cartoon

This show wasn't one of those
>>
>>93890182
Sorry about your asshurt christ cuck.
>>
File: IMG_5706.jpg (1MB, 1000x1431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5706.jpg
1MB, 1000x1431px
How did these guys do more actual supernatural creature fighting than a bonafide Belmont?
>>
>>93890164
Whats bad about old testament? Spill it, dont be shy.
>>
>>93880171
Any Abrahamic religion creates a mentality of superiority which is funny to me. They all believe in the same god but think he's different in each sect.

THE only thing that would make me believe is if we found life outside our planet and found human like creatures that looked EXACTLY like us, because that would support being made in his image, and if they had a single god in thier beliefs system.
>>
>>93890230
>All those people god commanded die
>All those people he killed directly or indirectly
Jesus saying not to kill means nothing when his actions showed the opposite as god.
>>
>>93890239
Uhm, no sweety, only Humans are made in image and likeness of God and destined to dominate all creation
>>
>>93889778
If only 1 percent of muslims believe in using violence to push thier religion, that's still around a MILLION PEOPLE
>>
>>93890263
>this article may contain weasel words
Now, be more specific, what are you talking about.
>>
>>93890132
If you put attention to the ploth they were a mostly neutral entity to the church, the bishop was the one using them as a scapegoat
>>
>>93890310
If you pay attention to the games they where part of the church.
>>
The Jews at Netflix clearly hate Christians.
>>
>>93890283
Then fuck god. He has an entire universe to work with but he cares only about this place? That's retarded and you're retarded.
>>
>>93890303
Those aren't weasel words retard. If you read the bible you would know these things. Actually even if you never read the bible you should know about the flood or the times god told his people to kill an enemy down to their livestock.
>>
>>93890337
Um both Mickey's Once Upon a Christmas and its sequel are still on there!
>>
>>93890337
>Jews hating Chirstians
But they invented Christianity in order to teach the goy to be good sheep.
>>
>>93890239
Abrahamic religions are like three brothers trying to get the atention of a neglectful parent while telling each other "you are adopted"
>>
>>93889633
Start with real life.
>>
>>93890283
Why would god have a penis? Does god get erections?
>>
>>93890401
They actually hate us there's a bunch of videos online of orthodox jews hating on christians and sometimes turning violent.
>>
>>93889571
I didn't even see the new Metroid preview but I'm going to say a white haired elf with prescription SPACE sunglasses and a suit is making appearences.
>>
>>93890337
All religions are a mistake. While we talk the Papa may be fucking a 12 year old in the boypussy
>>
>>93890454
Well duh, you aren't supposed to like sheep. They are food or tools.
>>
>>93890347
Ahh, you're THAT guy

Well let me enlighten your puny brain
Flood happened (if we imply that it was not an allegory), because humanity went way in their degeneracy, pillaging, murder, decadence and so on and so forth. Nowadays decadence is just a meme tier, compared to the way of the ancients. In fact, Noah, whose family was the sole survivor, warned people about this, So they had chance to go to the Ark and survive the flood, but they didn't, because they forgot God.
Now on second part: Israelites were ordered to destroy specific nations, like moabites and amonites, for specific reasons. and it is all posted for why it happened in books of pentateuch, mostly in leviticus and deuteronomy. These reasons includ child sacrifices to idols, as Moloch and later Ba'alim, ritual prostitution and so on and so forth. In fact in modern times we have secular laws that have capital punishment for much lesser crimes.
Lasly, you view death as "poof gone", while its not "poof gone", its merely a temporal separation of body and soul.
>>
>Thread devolved into a circlejerk
>>
>>93890497
>all posted
all written, but whatever
>>
>>93890478
Not in that way they feel proud for diecide.
>>
>>93890520
So... Castlevania, huh. Vampires and stuff.
>>
>>93890580
There was barely any of that this season.
>>
>>93890423
That's why I stay over at C'thulu's house on the weekends when her boyfriend Spaghetti Monster has work off, guys you don't even know.
>>
>>93890343
Yes. He doesnt care about Animals, plants or so on. It was all created for mankind (2 Esdras 8:44; Deut. 4:19). He made us as Gods (82:6:), so you can be either thankful for him to give you entire creations to master and dominate in heritage and have a prestige to be member of beings that are called "sons of God", or just continue to be a whiny SJW cuck and spend your miserable life in self-torture :)
>>
>>93890769
>He made us as Gods
should be
>He made us as gods
but whatever
>>
>>93888658

Unfortunately yes.

They'll add ranting how SJW it is if Slypha doesn't get naked, has a bad ass moment or something equally retarded.
>>
Am I the only one that wants an adaptation of LoI?
>>
>>93890855
Her not thanking Trevor for the Cyclops save was pretty SJW
>>
>>93890769
>there's that word again
>>
>>93890856
Why wouldn't you? Leon, Walter, and pals were great and it helps hammer home how utterly pathetic and despicable Dracula is.
>>
>>93890497
Oh god dammit you are making me have flashbacks of my catolic upraising, no god ordered the flood becuse some of his angels decided to fuck with human women thus creating some gigants halfbread and he was not having that.
>>
>>93890580
Trevor
Sypha
Alucard
Kill, fuck, marry?
>>
File: gabriel_belmont_considers.jpg (30KB, 622x350px) Image search: [Google]
gabriel_belmont_considers.jpg
30KB, 622x350px
>>93890856
You want to adopt a loli?
>>
>>93890992
Fuck
Marry
Kill
>>
>>93890955
>half bread
>>
>>93890955
>no god ordered the flood becuse some of his angels decided to fuck with human women thus creating some gigants halfbread and he was not having that.
Were you reading book of Enoch again, anon? If you did and really think that genesis is about that, that says a lot about your "catolic upraising". No, there were no Angels mentioned in genesis. No Angel was named as son of God, as it is said by Paul (no, not in Job too). Sons of God are Humans. And sons of God, mentioned in genesis, are sethites and daughters of Man, cainites. As one drop of oil poisons several hundred liters of water, interbreeding of righteous sethites and degenerate cainites resulted in degenerate society.
>>
>>93891037
In my defence i'm hungover but your picture make me laugh so thanks
>>
>>93891048
>No, there were no Angels mentioned in genesis
Should be
>No, there were no Angels mentioned in that part of genesis
but whatever
>>
>>93891048
>No, there were no Angels mentioned in genesis.
What about the Cherub who guarded the Garden of Eden?
>>
>>93891115
As I said here
>>93891081
I meant about part of the flood
>>
JUSTE BELMONT CUTEST BELMONT every other hunter go home
>>
>>93888371
>Atheism isn't a belief
Yet it is. Atheism is the belief without proof that there's no God. Atheists literally have faith that God doesn't exist.
>>
File: smug cestree.png (135KB, 327x771px) Image search: [Google]
smug cestree.png
135KB, 327x771px
>>93890955
so you admit that you "hate x", because your mommy and daddy forced you to go to church, right?
>>
>>93891048
I'm only paraphrasing the shit they told my in the catechism the only time I actually picked a Bible was to read the story of sodoma y gonorra and let me tell you that shit is messed up in so many levels.
>>
>>93889809
OK retard, now did you know that most witch trials were conducted by towns and villages and not the church? The game even references the TOWNSPEOPLE as the reason. Your autism is just looking for any justification for your autistic hate for religion
>>
>>93891320
No I actually liked go to the churc and sing (my dislike for the catechism was more to do with the person teaching) my hate began in highschool when we go into medieval history and the spanish inquisition
>>
>>93891380
>I'm only paraphrasing the shit they told my in the catechism
I dont know what catechism they told you, or who was the teacher, but Enochian theory is a meme and is not accepted by cathodox churches (and no, Ethopians are not cathodox). I've yet to see such thing.
>story of sodoma y gonorra and let me tell you that shit is messed up in so many levels.
Which part, that God decided to eradicate that wicked place or the fact that people there were so degenerate that they wanted to buttfuck Angels? :)
>>
>>93890769
Nice projecting amigo. Next time preach to the chior.
>>
>>93891380
Maybe they shouldn't have been buttfucking degenerates
>>
>>93891177
Lack of faith in something isn't a belief, it's the lack thereof faith. See if you read more than one book you'd know what definitions are.
>>
>>93891483
>medieval history and the Spanish inquisition
Ahh, there we go, the indoctrination phrase
Did you know that large part of that were invented as a myth by protestants (black legends of inquisition)? The "Black Legend" began as an anti-Spanish propaganda campaign that succeeded largely because of the invention of the printing press. The Inquisition was the prime target. Inquisitors were not fanatical priests as they are often portrayed. In fact, many of them were not priests at all but legal experts trained in Spanish schools.
Contrary to popular belief, torture was rarely used. It was used less by the Inquisition than it was in the tribunals of other countries throughout Europe at the time. Stories about cruel torture methods used by the Inquisitors and the terrible conditions in which prisoners were kept were completely falsified. The Inquisition actually had the best jails in Spain.Prisoners of secular courts would actually blaspheme so that they could be transferred to Inquisition prisons and escape the maltreatment of the secular prisons.
In fact, in the entire sixteenth century, the Inquisition in Spain executed only about 50 people, which is contrary to the "Black Legend," which numbers the executions in the hundreds of thousands. Of all the Inquisitions together throughout Europe, scholars estimate that the number of people executed ranged somewhere between 3,000 and 5,000. That averages, at most, about fourteen people per year throughout the entire continent over a period of 350 years.
>>
>>93891430
In those times they weren't any separation between the state and the church so any trail had to go to the bishop in charge of the town?
>>
>>93891508
The part were Lot ofers his own vigins daughters to the mob and the part were said daughters got him drunk and rape him
>>
>>93891567
>trying to get away with semantics
kek
Atheism is an irrational belief, no different any other religion. Fucking deal with it. Christianity at least acknowledges and justifies its own irrationality by having the belief in God without proof as a virtue. What's your excuse, fedorafag?
>>
>>93891567
You justify your lack of faith with assumptions, not proof, which puts you, ironically, in the same boat.
>>
>>93891668
Ahh, that part. I have to admit, that part got me in the first place when I've read it in my childhood. However, there are several circumstances that you must note:
A) Lot wasn't a saint himself, if he would, he wouldn't decide to live there in the first place. Repentance part comes later.
2) It must be noted, that one of the possible reasons for this is that...well...they would be more tolerant and merciful regarding women (at least they would left them alive), while men were usually murdered after rape. This is according to old Agadot and is confirmed by the fact, that townspeople threatened Lot to kill him because of that.
>>
>>93891668
>part were said daughters got him drunk and rape him
now on second part. This was due to fact, taht his daughters have thought that flood like cataclysm has happened and they were only survivors, tharefore, they had to repopulate earth. This was the sole reason of that part, resulting in birth of moabites and amonites, that were wiped out for their degeneracy later anyways
>>
>>93877494
Anybody else hate that they tried to make Dracula a sympathetic character. He unleashed demons on the town cause they burned his wife.

Couldn'the they just make Dracula just unleash demons cause he's fucking evil?
>>
>>93892013
What are you talking about, that was the only redeemable part
>>93889328
>>
>>93892013
?? ? But that's the original story
>>
>>93883466
literal meme
He was an Orthodox that converted to Catholicism for political reasons and died soon after
>>
>>93891835
Or maybe is just a tale of a volcanic eruption survivor during the bronce age twisted be years of oral tradition before ending writed in a dead language that got transalted to greek be people with his own political agendas
>>
>>93892075
Is it? I've only played one Castlevania game on GBA, but that was a while back.
>>
>>93892192
Well why don't you download an emulator and play the games to see it for yourself
>>
>>93892165
listen bud, I'm explaining it from religious perspective, supported by Jewish and Christian tradition and ancient sources of peoples that mention their ancestry, including said moabites. If you want to tip your fedora, fine I dont care. But at least get your facts straight. Genesis is one of the ancient books, that was written in Hebrew, hardly a dead language. In fact Semitic languages are so resistant to change and are so similar to their original state, that it is easy to compare those sources. So Hebrew, that was descended from Canaanite semitic, is quite an old language, in fact, it is so similar to his relatives that you can read large part of Phoenician, if you know biblical Hebrew, for example. Genesis is being read in that ancient language even nowadays in synagogues.
Oh, and by the way, there is no volcanic activities in near east. Closest to come is islands on Greece, that is unlikely, due to fact, that nowhere Yavan is mentioned in those tales, not to mention islands and volcanoes in general.
This post, by which you tried to sound smart, actually made you to sound foolish.
>>
>>93890902

Women not being grateful for a rescue and sparking off sexual tension between her and her rescuer has been a thing long before that retarded movement began.
>>
>>93892192
I think he got two waifus murdered by humans, so yeah i'd be pissed too
>>
>>93877238
>Thirdly they turned a Christian female Character (sypha) who worked for the church into being a member of some nomadic pseudo Jew-gypsy mary sue sect called "the Speakers."
This is the one thing I don't really see the point of. It would have been a good counter weight to what we saw of the corrupt church. Serve as a contrast to the Belmont family considering they were exiles whereas the Belnades weren't.
And they still fought with holy water and the power of god and things so it's not as if they shied away from religion or the power of god.

So cutting Sypha's connection makes little sense to me. I enjoyed the first four episodes overall though.
>>
Wallachia
Male to female
Copulation
>>
>>93890902
She's just maximum tsun because a prophecy said that she and Trevor would end up married and fucking a bunch. Whereas she hasn't decided on anything of the kind yet and may not be too fond of the idea of her future already being decided for her.

She still blushed like crazy when confronted about it.
>>
>>93890013
It was originally written as an 80 minute long DVD movie, the first in a a planned trilogy. Ten years ago. Netflix revived the project and reworked it into episodes. The next season will be what was going to be the next two movies.
The gap is probably just due to the fact that this much was already written whereas the rest was only outlined.
>>
>>93892973
The first one died from plague while he was off crusading. That's why he became an evil war lord. He felt betrayed by god that death from plague would attach his beloved one while he was off doing god work. Then he heard of a powerful vampire, sought him out and the rest is history.
>>
>>93877238
>they turned the moral conflict of Castlevania from Nihilism vs Idealism
nigga the first games story was a single paragraph without any depth whatsoever
>>
>>93890902
So now tsunderes are part of the sjw conspiracy?
>>
>>93893634
I think Ellis wanted to be able to work in the prejudices and tribal nature of mediaeval times. Adding in sort-of-gypsy people let him do that, and making Sypha one of them ties it all together into the plot. Trevor being rejected by the church but still on good terms with the speakers is necessary for the redemption arc he goes through.
>>
>>93890992
Fuck Trevor, kill Sypha, marry Alucard.
>>
>>93894276
That's just sloppy.
>>
>>93894579
It's actually the exact opposite. But thanks for playing.
>>
Too many comments but it lacked Castlevania Music.
>>
>>93895333
>No you
>>
>>93894276
So another contrived, biased driven circle jerk? That's what we can see clearly see I don't like,
>>
>>93895774
You want to post more than "sloppy," then maybe I'll respond with something more than "no." I'm not going to try and argue with someone shitposting.
You want to get treated like an adult, first you have to act like one.
>>
>>93879811
He'll probably regain his faith in some triumphant moment.

Maybe brutally killing a demon with a crucifix. Which really need to be used at least once.
>>
>>93877598
>>93885460
Their critiques are often philosophical or ideological. Western critiques are low brow and vulgar.
>>
>>93892365
>here is no volcanic activities in near east

There is no evidence of an Egyptian exodus in the near east, either. What became Israelites came from the Arabian peninsula to the East, not from Egypt to the West. :^)
>>
>>93877238
I think you're just reading too much into it

>Captch gives me pictures of churches
I swear whatever AI google uses for this has a sense of humor
>>
>>93900124
It probably knows this show is full of shit.
>>
>>93899328
I disagree a good amount is missinformation.
>>
>>93877238
>Church which was always a neutral to benevolent entity in the video game series
remember that time alucard's human mother was burned at the stake
>>
geez if this kind of shit storm is brewing i really gota watch this shit
>>
>>93901408
That was not the church there's monks and all but in the text it's stated it was the people.
>>
>>93877238
I know right? Why would they depict the 15th century churches as corrupt? There was absolutely no kind of corruption in the chruch back then, especially among high ranking officials in the church. So why bother making them out to be anything other than a congregation of pious saints helping the poor and feeding the hungry?
>>
>>93901408
No. Because it never happened.
>>
File: Pizza Fedora.jpg (160KB, 715x755px) Image search: [Google]
Pizza Fedora.jpg
160KB, 715x755px
>>93902215
>>
>>93893672
Mmmm...burgers
>>
>sure THOSE Christians were corrupt but MY brand of Christianity is nothing like that!

there are people here who believe this
>>
>>93887174
Every. Single. Drop
>>
When will we get proper lewd art with Sipha?
>>
Trevor, Simon or Ritcher, who is better
>>
>>93910761
Easily Simon. He killed Dracula twice without helpers and was dying from a curse the second time.
>>
>>93910761
If you're talking skill-wise, it'd be Richter. He's got item crashes, and is acknowledged as the strongest in Portrait of Ruin. Trevor and Simon were from an era when the Belmonts were still hated and struggling to get by. If you vompare Trevor and Simon, Trevor is usually regarded as stronger.
>>
>>93910816
The second time, he just resurrected a shade of Dracula that he killed as soon as it was summoned. And he may have killed Dracula without helpers the first time, but he didn't have to fight his way across a whole country first to do it.
>>
>franchise with a huge bestiary of cool monsters
>animated series has a grand total of three different monster types, the most common one also being the most generic

sasuga gaijins

reminds me of the shitty god of war clone reboots
>>
WHERE THE FUCK WAS GRANT?
>>
>>93910761
Richter since he's the first Belmont to have anything resembling a character.

Skill-wise it'd also be Richter since Dracula canonically gets stronger with every resurrection. Likewise the Belmont's also get stronger each generation.
>>
>>93910761
Richter because I like blue.
>>
>>93877238
I watched the first two episodes and stopped since I didn't care about a single character or the plot. There was only gore and not that exiting action scenes.

I guess what really put me off was the setup since I have hard time accepting that an immortal like Dracula would get so butthurt over mortals killing each other that he'd launch an all in attack against humanity.
>>
>>93912683
Wasn't that fact one of the reasons Legends went and made Trevor Alucard's son so the reason would be that it's due to Dracs blood?
I know it's not canon anymore but that made sense enough to me.
>>
>>93877238
Speakers have been a part of castlevania lore from the get go.
Sypha always used magic, maybe (you) should actually play castlevania 3, and take a look at the manual.
The church wasn't evil, there was the properly ordained priest that helped save everything with the Holy water, they were showing that crazy dicks with power ruin everything for everyone.
Back to your contaminate board
>>>/pol/
>>
>>93885410
SoTN
>>
>>93916223
>Speakers have been a part of castlevania lore from the get go.
No. Google is your friend, shill.

>>93913044
Dracula was mortal once. He's not a god depire having the powers of one.
>>
File: Vlad.png (741KB, 975x678px) Image search: [Google]
Vlad.png
741KB, 975x678px
Remember:
>If you like the thing, you're a shill
>If you say it's not like the games, you're a nostalgiafag
>If you say that you should treat them both as separate entities, you're a condescending fag
>>
I just couldn't believe on how short the first "season" was
>>
File: 1495312747827.gif (1MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
1495312747827.gif
1MB, 400x307px
>>93877238
>>
>>93883322
4chan has always been a nest for counter culture.
>>
>>93877746
Speakers area apparently pagans that KEEP THE FUCKING HISTORY OF THE FUCKING COUTNRY SINCE EVER BEFORE THE FUCKING CHURCH GOT THERE YOU PIECE OF MEAT.
And of course, if the christians had taken over my land like the mudslimes currently do, I wouldn't want to do anything with them.
And if they treat me with violence because my knowledge seems like black magic to them, of course I wouldn't want anything to do with them.
And if I am strictly against violence, that alone should tell you they are more in the vein of actual christians than jews, because jews would have taken revenge as soon as they knew about Belmont.
>>
>>93888664
Nah, Lament of Innocence story is objectively shit.
>>
>>93878218
They are not fucking Jews, do you know how many fucking pagan groups like that existed in Europe?
>>
>>93922400
Provide a counter argument then.
>>
>>93921487
Christians have been calling themselves counterculture since the '80s and it's always been laughable.
>>
Personally, I got the impression that the speakers are Christian. Alucard knows about them and he asks Sypha "what year of your lord is it." Which implies the speakers are Christians. You wouldn't say "your" if they weren't. It also implies that Alucard isn't Christian, since he didn't say "our."
The speakers come across more like a different culture than a different religion. More like some odd sect or minor denomination. Like nomadic, knowledge keeping Mormons or something.
The film just doesn't elaborate on them enough to know for sure.
>>
>>93923445
They are speakers, a fictional sect based on pretty much any generic druid like mage cult. Generic as fuck and not Jewish.
>>
>>93888510
I love Shanoa... as a character, not as a romantic interest.
>>
>>93877630

yeah, it's funny how the church turned into shit when white people took it. Makes you think really
>>
>>93924150
So you have none? No pagan group in Europe was like that.
>>
>>93885372
>>93885410
>>93885674
Symphony of the Night AND Legitimate spoilers: Order of Ecclesia.
>>
>>93877238
Kek it was great. You sound like a dumbass triggered Christian.
>>
>No generalized castlevania threads on /v/, /vg/, or /vr/, as far as I can tell

Playing DoS. I'm trying to enjoy it. People have insinuated that of the DS games, it's the one remotely close to SotN as far as the castle map and exploration, so I can settle that curiosity now.

Now to scratch the other itch, Dracula X or Dracula's Curse? Which is genuinely more satisfying to replay?
>>
>>93877238
It's a nice series but its not castlevania.
>>
>watch a interview with the creators of the show
>art director is well known in the media by making edgy and gritty re-imagining of popular 80's and 90's children's tv shows
>lead artist is a huge fan of rebecca sugar
>been in production since 2005

It was doomed from the beginning.
>>
>>93925480
>Order of Ecclesia.
One guy ended up betraying but the others were still in the order.
>>
>>93882716
>>has obviously never actually played a Castlevania game
>
>It's always astounding how atheistcucks manage to find the subjects they are least knowledgeable about to argue.

You obviously have a christcuck bias or you wouldn't give half a shit. Take your religion and go try and put up more monuments to its stupidity elsewhere.
>>
>>93926972
So you have no argument just insults.
>>
File: castlevania_jeopardy.jpg (169KB, 700x1000px) Image search: [Google]
castlevania_jeopardy.jpg
169KB, 700x1000px
What do Japs think of this show?
>>
>>93913993
Wouldn't really make sense for that to happen since the Belnades being married into the Belmont's already explains their ever growing power each generation perfectly. As seen with Juste's magic shit and Richter's Item Crash techniques like Hydro Storm and Grand Cross.
>>
>>93927584
Who cares
>>
On a somewhat unrelated note, did the catholic church ever apologize for the inquisition?
>>
Everyone's talking about plot, lore, original story from the games, deviations. I don't think I can remember the plot of a single Castlevania.

Which is the main reason I asked myself why would anyone bother making a TV series about games that have no plot.
>>
>>93928241
>apologizing for something they didn't make.
>>
>>93927584
WHAT IS A MISERABLE PILE OF PIZZAS
>>
>>93928198
I care, that's why I asked nigga
>>
>>93928262
Out of curiosity, what games have you played?
>>
>>93928381
Castlevania 1 and 3 on Famicom.
Haunted Castle (Arcade one).
Castlevania: The Adventure
Akumajō Special: Boku Dracula-kun
Super Castlevania IV
Castlevania Chronicles (both the jap computer and the remix)
Rondo of Blood and its remake on PSP.
Dracula X
Symphony of the Night
Circle of the Moon
Harmony of Dissonance
Aria of Sorrow
Dawn of Sorrow
Portrait of Ruin
Judgment
Adventure Rebirth

Off the top of my head. I may be missing some.
>>
>>93928262
Castlevania became very lore heavy around the time it shifted from Classic to Metroidvania.
Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin and the PS2 games in particular come to mind.
>>
>>93923467
Understable. Since Christianity started out as some kind of hippie religion it was counter culture to Judaism.
>>
>>93928499
Well I had a bit post written up about the plot for the games I played (SotN, CotM, AoS, DoS, PoR) but my computer decided to freeze for 10 minutes then crash chrome and I don't feel like rewriting them, but the basic gist I wanted to make was that Castlevania does have plots, albeit fairly simple ones, though still complex enough to develop as you go along, if there's one specific of those I listed you'd like I could try retyping it
>>
>>93927966
Kek. Their power didn't grow up you silly faggot. They were more dedicated hunters, better hunters, that's it. Sorry to burst your bubble of bad translations, Shonen and headcanons.
>>
>>93925881
Fuck off.
>>
>>93928858
Christianity wasn't a counter culture to Judaism. It was a counter culture to Roman paganism.
>>
>>93929963
If that where true jews wouldn't hate christianity.
>>
>>93926658
The entire Order of Ecclesia was basically evil anon. The Dominus Glyph was just Dracula's power.
>>
>>93930067
Fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>93928241
They did nothing wrong. Even if rare instances of an incorrect trail occurred, It'd be like the United States government apologizing because a judge accidentally convicted the wrong person.
>>
>>93931000
Show me a counter argument and I leave. Otherwise cry some more.
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.