[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer 40K is now a cartoon. What's the plot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 15

File: Invader Marine.png (317KB, 400x565px) Image search: [Google]
Invader Marine.png
317KB, 400x565px
Warhammer 40K is now a cartoon. What's the plot?
>>
File: 1428990418717.png (126KB, 352x390px) Image search: [Google]
1428990418717.png
126KB, 352x390px
>>93875765
That's just all it's about.
>>
>>93875765
It's a wacky Saturday morning cartoon focused around orks doing ork things like fighting and winning.
>>
>>93875765
In the grim dark future there is only war.

Duh.
>>
>>93875765
A girl and a boy trying to figure things out in a strange strange world
>>
>>93875765
It would probably come off as subliminal propaganda to recruit kids for the next world war.
>>
>>93875765
Rogue Trader: The Cartoon Series.
>>
File: The Redeemer.jpg (520KB, 1280x1914px) Image search: [Google]
The Redeemer.jpg
520KB, 1280x1914px
Its about this guy. And this will be his intro song through the whole show.
>>
>>93875765
>>93875916
Wait never mind.
It's a cartoon with the same plot as Toy Story but with the tabletop game.
>>
>>93875765
SPESS MAREEENNSSS
FOR THE EMPRAH
HEY KIDS PSA TIEM

If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device is way more than what WH deserves.
>>
File: Ciaphas_cain.jpg (120KB, 572x577px) Image search: [Google]
Ciaphas_cain.jpg
120KB, 572x577px
The memoirs of Ciaphas Cain.
Ciaphas himself would narrate it while Amberley would interject every so often like in the books.
>>
>>93875765
You mean like a cartoon aimed at adults or a kids cartoon, kinda like what robocop or the original TMNT got?
>>
>>93876278
Give a version of all of the above
>>
>>93875765
There's no real overarching plot, but separate stories with different characters spread across space at different times. Different races, factions, stuff like that. The stories can often last a single episode, but some can continue on into parts. Often times ends with the characters death, ranging from glorious to meek and sudden.
>>
>>93876180
If they ever make a 40k cartoon, live action series, or film, it needs to be about Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUM.
>>
>>93876180
This but everything is exaggerated as if it was imperial propaganda for children.
>>
File: Tyrant.jpg (39KB, 345x372px) Image search: [Google]
Tyrant.jpg
39KB, 345x372px
>>93875837
>Not a wacky Saturday morning cartoon about Tyranid hijinks.

No sale!
>>
>>93876358
But the entire point of the Ciaphas Cain series is that Cain was just bullshitting his way through everything.
>>
File: Necron_Cover_Art.jpg (25KB, 250x334px) Image search: [Google]
Necron_Cover_Art.jpg
25KB, 250x334px
>>93876432
Necron hijinks are better.
>>
>>93875765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT3cl4GJIDs
Basically it's just the conan cartoon, It very slightly bases itself on the actual happenings of the story, but downplays the violence to the point where the analogues become hilarious.
"Sending them to another dimension" Yeah, By crom I'm sure they'll have lots of fun in the shadow realm, wink wink.
>>
File: 1499269584172.jpg (271KB, 1200x943px) Image search: [Google]
1499269584172.jpg
271KB, 1200x943px
KILL ALL THE XENOS
>>
>Animation errors are just Fluctuations in the warp.
>>
>>93876459
That only works if you keep Cain as the narrator and that would get boring quick, remove Cains narration and your protagonist is an honest, hard working and righteous Commissar willing to do anything for his fellow soldiers.

Besides it is canon that the covers of the books are imperial propaganda and there are countless movies of Cain used as propaganda, why not make a cartoon of him for children? Itd be like the Uplifting Primer in cartoon form.
>>
>>93875765
An even more gory and depressing version of Halo Legends.
>>
>>93876487
Do the Necron ever speak? If they do, One of them should be played by Greg Eagles
>>
>>93876293
Adult show: bloody, gritty tale of the imperial guard's defense against Orks and Tyrannids and Dark Eldar, a (sexual?) tension filled alliance with some Eldar hotties later that leads to a beautiful message about how a horrible battlefield can allow even polar opposites fighting a shared enemy to discover their common ground.

Kids show: one of the less developed Space Marine chapters blowing up Necrons or Tau and forming an uncomfortable temporary truce with either of them to beat the Chaos marines because kids love dark counterparts.
>>
>>93876707
I believe the sentient ones can indeed speak. And yes I would love to see Grims voice come out of those metallic bodies.
>>
>>93875765
purge the unclean xenos and heretics in the name of the emperor

anything less would not do justice to it.
>>
>>93876764
Sounds lovely
>>
>>93876707
Low-tiered ones like warriors are pretty much mindless, silent automatons. The higher you go in the hierarchy, however, the more of the Necrons' personalities and intelligence remains. Some of them are downright loquacious.
>>
300+ episode horus heresy done in LOTGH style
>>
>>93876707
THAT HUMAN IS A CRUUUUUUDE MELDING OF FLESH AND METAL
>>
>>93876832
i'd watch it
>>
>>93876803
I didnt realize how much I wanted this scifi fightfest until I started describing it
So how does one go about writing for 40K?
>>
Adult Show: Make it about a Rogue Trader, traveling to new worlds each episode to trick and exploit the natives while dodging hardliners of the Imperial Navy/Inquisition. Full post-ironic colonialism, the characters are unrepentant plunderers or dangerous fanatics.

Kids' Show: One of the most liberal Inquisitors ever adopts a ragtag crew from various worlds, including a Hiveganger, a young psychic and a flinty old veteran guardsman with a heart of gold. They spend as much time dodging the crew of a rival hardline Inquisitor as they do uncovering covens of cultists, genestealer cults and eldar pirates. Maybe an outcast/exodite eldar joins them midseason.
>>
>>93876707
Some of them won't shut the hell up.

>"Dear Lady, let me express my fulsome appreciation for your most generous gift. It is so very rare to discover another of my own kind that appreciates my work, therefore to find understanding amongst a member of another race is nothing short of a revelation. I realise that you briefly trod my galleries, but the fact that you spotted in so short a time that my Acabrius War collection was lacking three regiments of Catachan warriors reveals that you truly have a collector's eye for detail. And to send five regiments! Such generosity will allow me to weed out and replace a few of the more substandard pieces in my collection. If I might level a minor criticism, the instructions issued to your gift were manifestly not as clear as you thought, as most of them had to be forcibly restrained -- sadly it seems that the lower orders will always behave like an army of invasion, whether that be their purpose or not. However, this is a minor complaint and seems almost churlish under the circumstances, so please allow me to repay your gift with one of my own. Accompanying this message is the Hyperstone Maze, one of a series of Tesseract Labyrinths constructed at the height of the Charnovokh Dynasty. It is a trinket really, only of interest to scholars such as you and I, but I trust you will find it amusing -- assuming you have the wit to escape its clutches, of course."
>— Hyperscroll message from Trazyn the Infinite, addressed to Inquisitor Helynna Valeria, ca. 805.M41
>>
>>93876939
I can't tell if that zombie is being passive-aggressive or he actually is appreciative.
Either way purge the mutant.
>>
>>93876932
There is a comic on warhammer called "Will of Iron"
It's pretty good and I could see it as a mini-series. Of course there are more books about 40K then comics.
>>
>>93877027
Does it feature Eldar hotties.
>>
>>93877144
Haven't read it, just know about it
>>
>>93875765
I will remind this thread that there was a Starship Troopers cartoon show.
>>
File: NIGERUNDAYO.jpg (758KB, 1024x1606px) Image search: [Google]
NIGERUNDAYO.jpg
758KB, 1024x1606px
Nobody has mentioned Deff Skwadron yet.

I'm really disappointed in you guys.
>>
>>93877292
>mfw orkz literally worship ZOG
is warhammer 40k, dare I say, /our franchise/?
>>
File: 1484710469604.jpg (205KB, 600x691px) Image search: [Google]
1484710469604.jpg
205KB, 600x691px
>>93875837
>>93876432
>>93876487
>Xeno lovers
>>
File: waaagh_guide.jpg (948KB, 2506x3172px) Image search: [Google]
waaagh_guide.jpg
948KB, 2506x3172px
>>93875765
it follows a Space Marine sergeant trying to track down an Ork Warboss, and the Waaaghband running amok doing zany fucking shit

>space marines are solemn, stalwart and cruel.
>lots of recordkeeping, communication with guardsmen regiments and interruptions from other xenos.
>clips of them mercilessly stomping xenos, intimidating citizens / accusing each other of heresy.

>Orkz jovially sing as they go from planet to planet ripping shit up
>Theyre comically gory, deffdread saws cleaving imperial guardsmen, Warboss grabbing and biting their heads off, stormboyz recklessly launching through the air with puttering jetpacks crashing landing onto guardsmen.

There should be a few clashes where the Space marines come out on top but the warboss and some of his nobz get away to reform the waaaghband. Itd be fun too if the warboss goes after warptainted relic (just because it'd look cool on his bosspole) that opens a rift allowing some chaos to enter.
>>
File: Smugcron.jpg (7KB, 214x200px) Image search: [Google]
Smugcron.jpg
7KB, 214x200px
>>93877326
I thought you canon fodder didn't get an opinion.
>>
File: When they want more Dakka.jpg (47KB, 680x456px) Image search: [Google]
When they want more Dakka.jpg
47KB, 680x456px
>>93875765
I just kinda want to see something good happen to the Lamenters. They deserve a break
>>93875837
>>93877292
Orks would make for the perfect cartoon.
>>93876936
>An animated All Guardsman Party
Fund it
>>
File: squatBox.jpg (145KB, 639x427px) Image search: [Google]
squatBox.jpg
145KB, 639x427px
Squats doing Squat things

Also mushroom houses
>>
>>93875837
What if an ork version of Mobile Suit Gundam
>>
>>93877688
>Animated AGP
God Yes, I would love to see the Chase scene from "the Greater Good" Animated.
>>
>>93878731
Stompas
>>93878770
That and
>An episode where they watch their animated tau holovid show
>>
>>93875765
>>something something
>>grimderp
>>THE EMPRAAAAH!
Literally every GW cuck watches it religiously but it bombs in rating because no one else gives a fuck.
>>
>>93875765
Deff Squadron
Ork comedy
Rogue Troo- I mean, Rogue Trader Adventures
Animation detailing the collapse of a previously peaceful world as it irremediably falls to chaos and heresy when everything looked completely normal and ultiamtely how chaos is inescapable after it sets in and you realize you laughably unimportant your individual life is.
war is hell: guardsman edition
game of kabals
life on an eldar craftworld
Story set on the middle of bumfuck nowhere, where we observe imperial life exist in a relatively isolated world outside of any war or civic center, where the locals observe with awe the passing unkillable super beings known as space marines, and the impossiblibly massive ships of the imperium
extreme as fuck series about chaos but without excessive warp shenanigans and people think chaos a legit goodm without knowing. Hedonistic cults that worship Slaneesh in anything but name, nurgle cults of """"""""""fertility"""""""", khorne warbands etching a tribal lifestyle battle city states and the eternal ork stain
>>
File: tumblr_okcqcuK7w61v4z2ixo1_1280.jpg (49KB, 877x620px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okcqcuK7w61v4z2ixo1_1280.jpg
49KB, 877x620px
>>
>>93878770
>>93878943
>Episode where, due to excessive Wear-and-Tear damage and lack of Supplies, The Occurance Border is forced to make an emergency pitstop/Milk Run on Sylphis
>AGP take it as bit of shore leave, as they can't do any real missions until their ride is fixed
>When they arrive on planet, They Discover just how a big a bunch of Big Damn Heroes they are there, as get swarmed by Adoring Fans, many of them, oddly enough, Tau.
>Meanwhile, Tink takes this as an excellent opportunity to visit his Earth Caste Weaponsmith "Friend" wink wink, nudge nudge
>The Gang now has to find ways to enjoy their free time in peace while also making sure Tink doesn't do anything Extra-Heretical
>In their efforts to avoid the legion of Fans, accidentally uncover a small Chaos Cult that has been Kidnapping residents for their dark rituals
>End up having to spend their vacation putting them down and Helping Weebu root out any others
>Unwillingly become and even Bigger Bunch of Big Damn Tau Heroes
>The Episode ends with Weebu dumping Metric Tons of the AGP's fanmail onto their ship, flooding their makeshift Barracks by the Gellar field with poorly written fanmail from Border-world children
>Aimy and Fio become added as characters to the AGP holovid series
>>
>>93875837
I'd watch the SHIT out of that
>>
File: IMG_2814.jpg (404KB, 776x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2814.jpg
404KB, 776x1200px
>>93875837
This is fine
>>
>>93875837
>fighting and winning

It's shonen anime, but with British soccer hooligans instead of spiky-haired Japanese boys. And the animation was made in a studio and not a basement. Fund it.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.