[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Four Types of Comic Fans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: comic fans.jpg (79KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
comic fans.jpg
79KB, 620x349px
From what I've seen, there are four types of comic nerds. Here is my personal breakdown from what I have observed:

Type A: Genuinely likes and reads comics with frequency and has a vested interest in the medium, mythology, and production. Attends comic conventions for comics, meeting creators, and occasionally cosplaying. These fans have varied tastes in their enjoyment of adaptations of the source material, but almost always use the source material as a blueprint for how they will enjoy the adaptations.

Type 2: Genuinely has an interest in comic mythology and superheroes but doesn't read a lot of comics. Still, they don't do it for attention, they just don't have the attention span or means to pick up comics weekly. They will, however, read stuff with genuine interest if you give it to them or recommend it. These are the types that might be classified as above "normie" status. They know things an average person wouldn't know, and they can hold a conversation with Type A's with relative comfort. These people enjoy the company of Type A's because they can learn a lot from them and gather recommendations and knowledge about comics, eventually allowing them to eventually progress to becoming Type A's themselves. A lot of Type B's start out as Type C's; getting their first break into comics through adaptations of comic books.
>>
File: 1445275149140.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445275149140.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>93874449
>Type A
>Type 2
I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!
>>
>>93874570
I laughed more than I should have at this
>>
File: tenor.gif (383KB, 462x498px) Image search: [Google]
tenor.gif
383KB, 462x498px
>Four types.
>Lists three.

>Type A
>Type 2

The fact that you draw breath upsets me.
>>
>>93874449
>Type A
>Type 2
>Type B
>Type C

Okay, that's 4 types, but what's the features of Type B?
>>
>>93876271
Being OP who can't tell the different between the fucking alphabet and numbers.
>>
>>93874449
The most subtle bait is often the best
>>
>>93874449

I guess I'm type 2 then lol

>>93874687
I didn't notice that error
>>
File: 1499135729486.gif (721KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1499135729486.gif
721KB, 245x245px
>>93878750
>>
Are you human OP? Are you having trouble differentiating how humans use math? Are you having troubles differentiating letters from numbers?
>>
What type am I in? I pirate my comics so I get unlimited access to every comic imaginable which makes me 10x more knowledgeable then people who's reading is limited by how much money they have and how easy it is to find the comic to buy. And I don't feel the need to dress up like the characters and go to meetings because i'm not nearly that autistic, I just enjoy reading comics.
>>
>>93880860
where's a good place to pirate comics from? I've had a passive interest in getting a good digital collection going for a while but never quite know where to look
>>
>>93880937
Getcomics
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.