[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good marvel comics to start with?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: marvel.jpg (21KB, 327x400px) Image search: [Google]
marvel.jpg
21KB, 327x400px
I know that this is mostly a anti marvel board given how some of the most recent marvel stuff is kinda questionable but what are some good older and even recent marvel comic books to read?
I was mostly an x-men kid thanks to the cartoon and the older marvel vs capcom games but I don't mind looking into different characters.
>>
>>93868254
>Questionable
Try shit anon. Im beginning to wonder if Marvel was ever good to begin with
>>
>>93868254
The Vision - King
Superior Foes of Spider-Man - Spencer
>>
>>93868254
start with giant size x-men #1
>>
>>93868254
>recent marvel stuff is kinda questionable
It's not that their output is bad, but it's how they act about it.
Instead of realizing there's a problem, they just blame the readers and keep doing the same shit that isn't working.
>>
File: 1426645436837.jpg (283KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1426645436837.jpg
283KB, 988x1500px
>>93868254

I'm going to recommend you this: Scarlet Spider (2012) by Christopher Yost.

I had literally never read a single Spider-man comic in my life, so I didn't know what to expect of this or if I was going to be able to understand it...

... I fucking loved it.

Basically it's the fun and brutal misadventures of a very violent character seeking redemption in Houston,TX for all his past crimes; giving himself a chance to be good, to be a man.

It moves well between dark subjects and themes to light-hearted comedy and back. And you don't really need to know anything beforehand to enjoy it.

It's not perfect, but it has such great highs and good hits that you can't help but simply help but be endeared by them.
>>
>>93868286
They have the majority market share, so they must HAVE done something right in the past
>>
File: N7OXfyI.jpg (501KB, 1960x1810px) Image search: [Google]
N7OXfyI.jpg
501KB, 1960x1810px
>>93868254

The DnA Cosmic Saga is pretty great.
>>
>>93868286
Retard. Read more before you shitpost
>>
>>93868254
Go back and read the older Fantastic Four stuff. It's a real treat
>>
>>93868254
Some fun stuff from the last few years I really enjoyed.

Agent Venom
Scarlet Spider
Scarlet Spiders (Spider Verse)
Journey into Mystery starring Lady Sif
Beta Ray Bill Godhunter
Thor God of Thunder: God Butcher / Bomb
Axis Carnage and Hobgoblin
Superior Ironman
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
A+X
Spider-Man and the X-Men
Secret Wars: Thors
Secret Wars: Ghost Riders
Secret Wars: Master of Kung Fu
Secret Wars: Spider-Island
Squadron Supreme
Hyperion
Illuminati
Avengers Standoff
Spider-Man and Deadpool
The Vision
Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.