[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Batman: The Dark Prince Charming Offers a New Vision of Gotham

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

>Marini is well known within the European comic book market, and is acclaimed for his flamboyant art style and cinematic approach to storytelling. His work includes the best-selling French-language comics Le Scorpion, Eagles of Rome and Gipsy. However, we haven’t seen him tackle a mainstream super hero like the Dark Knight prior to now.

>BATMAN: THE DARK PRINCE CHARMING is a two-volume graphic novel series that finds Batman once again facing off against the Joker. Only this time, the stakes are personal…

>Acclaimed European comics master Enrico Marini makes his American comics debut with an original, two-part graphic novel starring the Dark Knight! What secret connection do both Batman and The Joker share with a strange and mysterious young girl? After she’s kidnapped by The Joker, Batman must plunge deep into the underworld of Gotham City and race against time to find out where she’s being held. The stakes are high, and for Batman, it’s personal!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/07/14/exclusive-batman-the-dark-prince-charming-offers-a-new-vision-of-gotham?sf97999134=1
>>
>>
File: ROME-T1-ENG2.jpg (413KB, 2000x1043px) Image search: [Google]
ROME-T1-ENG2.jpg
413KB, 2000x1043px
>Eagles of Rome
Has he drawn Dick yet?
>>
>>
>>
>>93864106
It seems to be Bats/Selina/Joker centric, no mention of Dick and/or Robin
>>
>Book one of Batman: The Dark Prince Charming will be in stores on November 1, 2017. Look for book two coming in spring 2018!
>>
Looks like yet another Elseworld huh? They're going hard on those lately. I like that it's going straight to graphic novel format instead of floppies.
>>
not gonna lie, the art looks amazing
>>
>>93864069
This sounds so much better than that White Knight idiocy.
>>
>>93864220
They might be testing the waters with batman for the new prestige format that snyder teased of. Pretty safe move as batman sells well. It's nearing saturation though.
>>
>>93864220
more Superman elseworlds please
>>
>>93864107
>>93864166
These are really nice in particular. The whip is used to produce a great sense of motion in the shot, whereas he seems to like letting Batman hang there as this horrible black shape: >>93864084 >>93864133

I suppose having a whip is a huge asset because it's a line you can use to direct the page as you like, without having to try and be subtle.

>>93864220
Well, trades % grew double figures in 2016 apparently! Getting in on some highly likely to be very popular OGNs seems like a good idea right now.
>>
>>93864069

Beautiful artwork over the same old shit story.
>>
>>93864069
>>BATMAN: THE DARK PRINCE CHARMING is a two-volume graphic novel series that finds Batman once again facing off against the Joker. Only this time, the stakes are personal…

Aren't the stakes usually personal between those two?
>>
>>93864354
Who cares, he wants to draw cool Batman shit and I want to see him do it. Passable story will suffice for me.
>>
>>93864069
Damnit, Le Scorpion and Eagles of Rome will never be completed at this rate.
>>
is it canon ?
>>
>>93864882
Is he good or just popular?
>>
>>93865638
He's one of the best European artists out there. And yes, he's popular.
>>
>>93865733
Is he any good at writing? Or are we looking at another Batman: Death by Design? (Gorgeous, but pretty forgettable story)
>>
His art reminds me of Murata for some reason. Looks great.
>>
>>93865813
I feel the writing isn't quite there but if you want shapely asses you can't go wrong with him.
>>
>ANOTHER Batman/Joker story

fucking stop.
>>
>>93865936
Man. I wish these artists would team up with actual writers sometimes.
>>
>>93864069
>every elseworld is a Batman story
Great
>>
We guys can whine about it everything we want, but even though we're fucking sick of Batman, he's the dream job of almost every artist.
>>
>>93866421
Are we, though? We buy, read, and make lots of threads about him.
>>
>>93866452
We're tsundere.
>>
>>93866452
I personally don't read or buy his comics
I only know a lot about him because of how overexposed he is in other media
>>
>>93866452
Nah, /co/'s nature is always being contrarian to what the rest of the world thinks. We like DC more than Marvel, we like the rest of DC characters more than Batman. It's just the way things are around here in general.
>>
>>93866375
It's always been like this.
>>
>>93864345
>Well, trades % grew double figures in 2016 apparently! Getting in on some highly likely to be very popular OGNs seems like a good idea right now.

exactly. Makes good business sense while Marvel is ditching the OGN style stuff and saying no mini series, just ones we cancel
>>
>>93866375
They try to write interesting stories, not bore people to death. Only logical direction.
>>
>>93864323
>>93866257
>>93866375
>>93866505
Casuals just don't like any other DC character that is not Batman.
>>
>>93866540
Maybe casuals would like other characters if DC actually tried to give them more exposure
All the good DC writers get put on Batman
All the cartoons and movies go to Batman
WW was a big hit but you don't see DC giving her any sort of push
>>
>>93864069
Art looks great and I will get it but when will the Joker meme die?

He wasn't even in that many stories pre Killing Joke and he certainly wasn't Batman's definitive greatest foe.
>>
>>93866498
Wtf are you doing in here then?

>I don't like Batman
>I Still go into his threads to shitpost
You're the pinnacle of tsundere
>>
>>93866375
Well they did just announce Green Lantern Earth One
>>
>>93866452
People make threads about what they hate constantly, it is one of the most annoying things about this place because a lot of people rather do that than discuss something they like. A lot of Batman threads either shit on the character or have people go "why not superman?" in some way or another
>>
>>93866577
Sadly, DC has created a monster with Batman, and holy shit for the good of the company I really hope he doesn't stop being popular, because if it that comes to happen, they'll just go bankrupt.
>>
>>93864069
>here's another Elseworlds Batman made by an French artist
Oh sweet, seems like a nice opportunity to create a new villain or maybe even play a little with AU versions of the Gotham rogues.
>it's Batman fighting the Joker for the quadrilionth time and "it's personal!" again
And poof, there goes my interest.
There are two Batman Elseworlds coming out right now and they are both Joker stories, even though White Knight seems practically written for Two-Face.
Yeah yeah, Joker is the most popular villain, yaddayaddayadda, I know.

>>93864487
They always say "it's personal this time", as if this wasn't the case with every Batman and Joker story told for the past 10 or 20 or 30 years
>>
>>93864069
Damn.

This and White Knight, looks like they're making a culture push on the Batman.
>>
>>93866612
cause only plebs follow characters, patricians follow creators
>>
This looks so much better than any other bat book in years.
>>
>>93864069
Art looks great. Story sounds okay.

Might check out.
>>
>>93864069
Is this gonna be a mature reader thing?
Cause I wouldn't mind seeing some Marini drawn cat-tits or bat-butt.
>>
>>93864069
Enrico Marini makes this a must buy. I love his work.
>>
>>93866540
Flash has been doing better and yet the Earth One book announced 2 years ago is in limbo
>>
>>93864292
White Knight honestly sounds much better than any Batman story in the last 7 years.
>>
>>93868287
Is what you would say if it was about Batman versus a redeemed Two-Face.
>>
>>93864292
this, honestly. Because at the end of the day this seems like it just wants to be a good batman story.
>>
This was making me think today: in the actual Batman/Detective Comics series the Joker isn't THAT prevalent, at least as a lead villain. Maybe slightly more than others at best, but typically his stories have been pretty diverse.

But throughout the last few decades especially the 90's there have been COUNTLESS Batman miniseries and OGNs, and the overwhelming majority of them feature Batman and the Joker, and most of those seem to feature the Joker doing over the top evil edgy things without a hint at self-awareness, and harp on Batman's "obsession" with the Joker as well as Batman's own mental instability.

That's what bores me about these constant Batman OGNs still coming out to this day: not that it's just Batman yet again, but that it's always either the same exact wannabe deconstruction edgy story about the Joker, or a gimmick Elseworld.

I think Earth One has been one of the only Batman OGNs I've enjoyed since the KGBeast one, because at least it's not about Batman's fucking psychosis or the Joker yet again, it's just about telling a good Batman story.
>>
>>93864107
no cleavage + no big green eyes = no buy
>>
>>93864106
small word I was just reading that comic
>>93864069
Does Gotham really look that different?
It looks the same to me. Big imposing, imperial style architecture from the early 20th century but this time taken to the max.
The only thing that is different from the average Batman comic is that it actually looks really nicely drawn which is to be expected with it being a European comic and all
>>
I hate that there are people here who are more hype for all that Dark Shit shit by Snyder or SJokerW White Knight than for an actual Batman story.
>>
File: joker surprise.gif (481KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
joker surprise.gif
481KB, 500x277px
>>93868777
Joker has held a position as number 1 in the rogues gallery pretty much ever since his creation (and replacing Hugo Strange, who was number 1 back when Batman's enemies died and there wasn't even a proper rogues gallery), but he wasn't treated like THE only Batman villain. Characters like Catwoman or Killer Moth held the spotlight on several occasions, and you could argue that Penguin was equal to The Joker in that regard. Riddler and Penguin replaced Joker's spot on the Adam West show.

>throughout the last few decades especially the 90's there have been COUNTLESS Batman miniseries and OGNs and most of those seem to feature the Joker doing over the top evil edgy things without a hint at self-awareness, and harp on Batman's "obsession" with the Joker
You can pin the blame here squarely on The Dark Knight Returns and The Killing Joke.
That's where most of you described comes from. That's where most of the problems Joker has, and most of the complains people have with him, originate from
In the Bronze Age, following DC's attempts to erase all traces of camp in their Batman. Joker was restored to his status as a murderous mastermind, and he stole several traits from Frank Gorshin's Riddler. As you can imagine, Riddler was left with the scraps, and both he and Penguin became the sacrificial lambs towards Batfans' insecurity towards the 66 show, turned into ineffectual jobbers and has-beens. And since Catwoman became an anti-hero, Joker was really the only one left.
And it's in that context where TDKR and TKJ only served to reaffirm Joker's status as "THE BIG BAD GREATEST VILLAIN IN BAT HISTORY, ALL OF HISTORY" which continues to this day.
Throw in Batman 89 and Batman TAS featuring him so heavily, and the respective influences those works had, and the rest is history.
>>
>>93864069
Not much info on what exactly the elseworld setting is.
>>
>>93864882
Is Eagles of Rome done? The latest volume had Teutoberger Wald already
>>
File: The Eagles of Rome v5-045.jpg (2MB, 2317x3056px) Image search: [Google]
The Eagles of Rome v5-045.jpg
2MB, 2317x3056px
This is great news.
>>
File: REEnrico.png (278KB, 468x800px) Image search: [Google]
REEnrico.png
278KB, 468x800px
>Enrico Marini

I can't be the only one who thought this.
>>
Looks neat, I'll have to read his work.
The costume not being New 52 is weird, though.
>>
>>93866577
That's because Batman office is a lot better than Superman office or any other editor. Nobody wants to work under Berganza.
>>
>>93868777
Maybe you just buy shitty comics or have shit taste if you found either of those decent.
>>
>>93864292
Ivy Fag
>>
>>93864882
>Eagles of Rome
>completed
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.