[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else thinks the Batfamily really needs to be scaled down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: 45763997767.jpg (295KB, 2563x350px) Image search: [Google]
45763997767.jpg
295KB, 2563x350px
It's just gotten way too big with writers feeling the need to add their OCs and sideline characters that should be mainstays. If it were up to me, Duke, Gotham Girl, Harper Row, Kate, Batwing, and Damian (yes, Damian) would cease to exist. Tim would be the main Robin and the two OG Kanes would be brought back into the fold and pic-related would be the complete Batfamily.

What would you do?
>>
>>93861725
Also, Lady Shiva and Azrael would technically not be part of the Batfamily, but close allies.
>>
>>93861725
The problem here is that you're pretty uch only saying Batfamily characters can operate in Gotham.
>>
>>93861725
The whole Batfamily was a mistake. It should have only been Bruce and Alfred.
>>
File: really.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>93861725
>Tim would be the main Robin
>>
>>93861725
I would not get rid of any characters cause there isn't any problem with having a lot of characters.
>>
>>93861725

There is nothing going on with tim drake. Why do i care about tim drake? he is only good because he replace Jason todd. Now, he is just the robin that didn't die.
>>
>>93861725
I'd just keep all the Robins, get Babs as Oracle, and kill off all the other useless teen sidekicks
>>
>>93861796
I'm legitimately surprised that people still care about Tim Drake.
>>
>>93861768
I think they should be based in Gotham. But Bruce goes whereever he wants as a member of the League, Dick would live in Bludhaven as well as work with the Titans, and any other character would be free to go whereever they choose. But Gotham needs to be the base. I'm no fan of Batman Inc.
>>
>>93861836
>I'm no fan of Batman inc.
Shit taste.
>>
>>93861822
I'm legitimately surprised that anybody likes Damian.
>>
Just kill Alfred already.
>>
File: 1465244311049.png (141KB, 185x285px) Image search: [Google]
1465244311049.png
141KB, 185x285px
>>93861868
>kill the best batfamily member
>>
>>93861725
Yes.

Excluding Joker, these, plus Oracle and Redhood are enough. The others are superfluous.
>>
>>93861867
Really? He seems like a really interesting character who brings a different dynamic to the team.
>Not like Tim "watching paint dry" Drake
>>
>>93861725
Kathy Kane was severely underrated as a character in her own right and as a love interest for Bruce.
>>
>>93861906
Shut the fuck up anon, you don't actually mean the shit.
>>
He tried but no one would listen.
>>
>>93861885
>that Nightwing
If you're not gonna give him great hair what's the point?
>>
>>93861867
Damian's obviously a divisive character, but Tim's just boring. I can't imagine anyone either having a strong dislike or like for the character
>>
Threads like this make me wish there were even more Batcharacters, more Batbooks, and more Batwank.
>>
>>93861902
Not really. He was good at first, but now is just the usually "I'm better than you, shit".

>>93861906
As a love interest for Batman, she's about as vanilla as you can get for costumed romances.
>>
Tim is pointless as long as Dick and Bruce get along.
There's no real difference in dynamic between Bruce and Tim or Bruce and Dick after the initial "I can look after myself Bruce" arc
>>
>>93861906
When it comes to love interests for Bruce, this is how I'd rank them.

Kathy>Selina>Vicki>Silver>Zatanna>Diana>Talia
>>
>>93861972
Selina>Silver>Vicki>Talia>Kathy>Zatanna>Diana
I don't like Batman dating other superheroes
>>
>>93861725
Who is Batman's strongest operative?
I think it is Cassandra or Jean-Paul.

Clayface doesn't count.
>>
>>93861725
The Batman family situation is the result of years of what John Byrne calls authors producing fanfiction instead of stories within a continuity.
>>
>>93861902
Damian is crap. But even if you don't think so, Morrison wanted to kill him off when he was done with Batman. He did not intend to have the character become a permanent fixture.
>>
Duke needs to go because he's a forced token minority
>>
>>93861725
>Gotham Girl
I was fine with her until she shaved her head.
>>
>>93862151
He's not forced because he's black, he's forced because Snyder wants to make a new character but he can't write new characters for shit
>>
>>93862119
Morrison should've known that killing him off wouldn't keep him permanently gone. Look at Jason Todd. The only solution would be to retcon him away altogether.
>>
Alfred as Robin
>>
We need more.

The Batfam is the best part of Batman, it is his story's natural progression and it crystallizes all of Bruce's best qualities.

Plus stoic, laconic, but caring Batdad is Bestdad.
>>
>>93862168
She's growing it back out thank god
>>
>>93862119
That was his original plan but plans change. He clearly didn't feel the same at the end when he left like three solutions in his book on how to bring him back. It was kinda funny that Tomasi didn't use any of them to do it.
>>
>>93861725
Batman
Batwing
Batwoman
Batgirl
Robin
Red Robin
Red hood
Nightwing
Huntress
Alfred
Who else is there
Chinese Batman?
>>
People remember Harper Row exists?

Just keep Bats, Dick, Tim, Damian, Babs, and Kate.

Jason is fine on his own away from Gotham, and the rest are irrelevant
>>
>>93863190
Catwoman
Batman beyond
>>
>>93863209
Batdog
Batcow
>>
I like the batfamily, partly because it says that Batman can't do this alone.
Sure, Duke is pointless, and I wouldn't cry if Gotham Girl never showed up again, but most of them I like.
>>
>>93863229

JPV
Cassandra Cain
Stephanie Brown
>>
The problem with that is if they do start paring it down, it's gonna be my favorites (Cass, Jason) who go first. I'd be happy to see Barb either go back to being Oracle or be in the Birds of Prey full time or, y'know, just die
>>
>>93863520
I think Babs should stay Batgirl. Just get her some better writers and allow her to use the skills as Batgirl. Fighting and hacking. Best of both worlds.
>>
>>93863520
>Jason
He's too popular and also a Robin, they wouldn't get rid of him.
I can see them getting rid of Cass, Steph, Duke, and Harper. Editorial seems to hate Cass and Steph and nobody cares about Snyder's OCs except the man himself.
>>
It's not reached Spider-Man levels of stupid one off characters desperate to abuse the Bat name yet. It couls be worse.
>>
>>93861725
I do like Kathy and Bette.
>>
File: Bette.png (406KB, 489x402px) Image search: [Google]
Bette.png
406KB, 489x402px
>>93864299
Bette was great in the YJ cartoon/comics
>>
>>93861792
But Robin came first.
It should only be Batman, Robin and Alfred.
>>
>>93861725
This again? At least you have an awesome banner that doesn't leave people out like you seem to want to. ;)
>>
>>93863190
Spoiler
Black Bat/Orphan

But you also left out everyone's favoritest eveah: THE SIGNAL! (gross)
>>
I have trouble with the entire premise of Batman when you start expanding it into a Batfamily.

I get that it has created great stories and characters, but there's something off about the whole thing.

It is weird that we are intended to buy that he's the "loner" of the JL when he has this whole ensemble. It also bugs me since Batman's greatest narrative strength are villains that play off of him psychologically, so adding more heroes fucks with the dynamic.

I know there's tons of good shit in these, but Batman Rebirth was not something I bothered with and having to figure out where all these guys fit in was a big part of that.

I don't even know what the league of assassins is.
>>
>>93864508
They barely play a role in the Rebirth series though.
>>
>>93864508
>Batman Rebirth
The batfamily is hardly in Rebirth

If you don't even know what the League of Assassins is, I'd say you don't know much about Batman at all, considering some of his best villains are linked to it
>>
>>93861725
hahahahahahaha
kill tim and duke and wee are happy.
>>
>>93864508
I liked the approach DKR took, Batman isn't a loner but few people ever meet his standards so he mostly works alone until necessity lowers his standards when he needs an army
>>
i think they should cut all those characters on the team in detective comics because detective comics is shit
>>
>>93864860
This.
>>
>>93864636
All my Batman knowledge besides skimming Wikipedia articles comes from Batman: The Brave and the Bold show. I liked it a lot.

As far as I know, the League has some connection to A. The new annoying insane Robin, B. Ra's Al Ghul and his family. That's all I know. They have some pit that brings people back to life and somehow that's not the biggest deal.

>>93864567
Sure. But fuck, Batman's guest appearance in Deathstroke was entirely about this Damian kid and Deathstroke slinging mythos around.

I dunno.
>>
>>93862098
I think its Azrael because he is a genetically engineered para-human, also he retains the combat experience of all his ancestors.
Its still a close battle.
>>
>>93864967
>As far as I know, the League has some connection to A. The new annoying insane Robin, B. Ra's Al Ghul and his family. That's all I know. They have some pit that brings people back to life and somehow that's not the biggest deal.
´Cass Cainefag. Assam pls.
>>
>>93861725
Are Outsiders Batfamily?
>>
i nominate Batwoman to be killed off

but i suppose that'll piss of the LGBT crowd
>>
>>93865121
First I've heard of her.

Only reason I know about the pits is I watched the red hood Netflix movie.
>>
Kill Cass Caine and Tim Drake Wayne.
>>
>>93865191
wee now you shit Assam
>>
>>93865159
have her raped and then killed off to make them riot
>>
>>93864636
>The batfamily is hardly in Rebirth
>tec features Bruce, Kate, Tim, Cass, Steph, Luke, Jean-Paul and Harper
>Terry, Dick, Jason and Babs got their own titles
>Huntress and Damian featured in team titles
>>
>>93865361
I was talking about the Batman Rebirth book by King, retard
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.