[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Lion Guard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: TLG.png (841KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
TLG.png
841KB, 1000x563px
Another new episode is out today. Honestly, this one was kind of bad. I'm not a fan of baboons, or primates in general, really, and there were a few parts of the episode that irked me.

Next week's episode deals with a hawk lady. A preview for it is already up, where she sings a song about preferring live prey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG7G_FfmEj8
>>
If you want to watch the episode, for some reason, it's up at the usual spot. watchtlg.netlify.com

I feel like the episode would have been better if the bit in the outlands was removed, and the baboons didn't suddenly become fully reformed at the end. The latter didn't make much sense because of pacing, while the former didn't work because Kion and his friends need to stop fucking with the hyenas all of the time. Janja had a solid point that the baboons stole from him and his pack, and Kion even admitted a few minutes before that they have no business interfering with what happens in the outlands. Fuli was perfectly fine with letting the baboons get eaten. But they interfered anyway.
>>
So, I started watching this show, and I kinda liked most of it so far.

I do however find it a little bit boring how the antagonists the lion guard are fighting against are always carnivores from the outlands.
And perhaps one or two carnivores from the backlands.
Although that episode where Kion meets the banished lion pride in the outlands from The Lion King 2 was kinda nice in that it finally showed another group of malfeasants for once.
>>
>>93859937
Well, Kion and his friends are only supposed to get involved when things are disrupting the circle of life, which happens more with overzealous carnivores. There are a few episodes with herbivores causing problems, but they're rarer.

I just wish there were more in-show examples of legitimate hunting. The Lion Guard always stops everyone from eating, but we all know the carnivores have to eat. The show only referenced one successful hunt, and showed Fuli failing to catch her prey a handful of times.
>>
Give us Scar
>>
>>93860179
In two weeks. It will probably be terrible.
>>
Did Kion actually inherit his daddy's habit of eating slimy or crunchy bugs?
>>
>>93860674
Doesn't seem like it. Bunga eats a lot of bugs, but he's terrible.
>>
>>93860674
Don't think so.

That and it's less habit and more survival mechanism (iirc aside from timon and pumbaa, not much meat out there).
>>
Kimba the white lion is better.
>>
>>93860718
At least he's thick-skinned.
>>
I'd still like to see an episode where an animal refuses the Lion Guard's help because Fuli ate his aunt or something. It's pretty bullshit to expect every herbivore naturally believes in the circle of life, as asking somebody if they're okay getting eaten, or having their loved one getting eaten, should always result in a "no" answer.

The Pride Lands basically enforce a protection racket. Animals either pay the price (die occasionally) or see themselves die a lot, like under Scar's rule.
>>
I wish more people were interested in this show. Threads are always empty, except for the occasional episode that takes off for one reason or another.
>>
>>93862176
>for one reason or another.
Needs more female cheetah and lioness butt.
>>
>>93862176
Well, the problem is that it doesn't have a grand story arc or a plot that strings the whole show together.
We can't really discuss something like what could happen in the future or if that bad animal from that episode which is tied to the ominous past of that main character will return and reveal an important secret or something, because there's nothing like that shown for now.

In the end, it's just the teenage adventures of a group of friends that happened while princess Kiara, daughter of Simba and Nala grew up.
Even if one of those teenagers is her sorcerous brother who was gifted with the magical power of the roar of the ancients.

I do hope however that they'll somehow show these characters grow up by the time of The Lion King II or somehow find a very good explanation why the pridelanders didn't just use Kion's superroar to throw the outlanders out again.
>nah, dad, I'm the protector of the circle of life
>I'm doing the job you gave me
>not gonna help you or big sis with those treacherous outlanders trying to kill us and all our friends
>>
>>93862361
/co/ only cared about the hyena girl.
>>
>>93862656
Let me guess. Everyone was more interested to know if she has a clitodick like spotted hyena females are said to have than her actual character, right?
>>
>>93862698
More-or-less. Those early threads were full of that stuff.
>>
>>93859770
>A real real meal
>not "A deli-cious meal"

What?
>>
>>93863768
She's saying eating carrion isn't a real meal in the context of the song.
>>
>>93862176
As a die hard TLK fan, I can't get into it. I like a song here and there but overall its extremely boring and Bunga is infuriating annoying. I don't care for Kion either. He hardly has any personality.

>somehow find a very good explanation why the pridelanders didn't just use Kion's superroar to throw the outlanders out again.
Probably never bring it up or say that Kion left with his friends to go protect new lands that 'needed his help' or some shit.

I wonder if they'll back peddle on Nala's dad, show us Nuka, Kovu and Vitani's dad or just add some lore. They could clear up a lot of shit between the first movie and the sequel but this show just doesn't seem to be going anywhere. In the end it's just a boring kid's show riding the tail of the movies.
>>
>>93864716
Even if they did, most people wouldn't accept anything from the show as canon.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.