[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing/creating comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (11KB, 202x250px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 202x250px
Recently I've been getting more and more interested in writing comics as opposed to just reading but I don't know where to start.

Obviously scripting a comic is pretty different to writing a short story but is working on my short story writing a good place to start?
What are some good resources to make a start?
How much should I consider layouts when scripting even if I'm an awful artist?
Is MakingComics.com anygood?
Etc.

I know we used to have a writethread but that seems to have dissappeared and I know a lot of creators post here so if anyone can give me a bit of direction I'd be pretty thankful
>>
>>93858821
Y'know what, dipshit? Nobody fucking cares. Comic books are dead, the entire medium reduced to little more than an IP farm for other media.

And frankly, for you to come to 4chan of all places for advice, is a strong indicator of your abject idiocy, and that anything you'd produce would be nothing more than a bout of screeching retardation.

Fuck off, kill yourself, and never blight the world with any of your garbage.
>>
>>93858878
<3 x
>>
>>93858878
*casebook are done.
the world still love comics ya hack
Its just not paperback versions

Its web comics shorts and memes
>>
>>93858978
Cape*
>>
>>93858821
>>93858878
Don't listen to this faggot, OP. He's clearly very salty from a time that he had the same ambitions as you but it went nowhere for him. He sees a part of himself in your post and the tears filled his eyes and he hammer punched the keyboard to create a sad message that gives us a glimpse into his depressed world.

You write whatever the fuck you want to write and if it's good enough people WILL pick up on it. And no, comics are NOT a dead medium and with the recent storm of super hero movies they couldn't really be more relevant.
>>
>>93858821
I'll give you some advice!
>is working on my short story writing a good place to start?
YES! Practice writing characters, creating interesting scenarios, etc. If you don't know where to start, just make a list of things you like in other stories. For example, lone heroes, spaceships, cute girls. You'll probably find there's some interesting combinations there.

>How much should I consider layouts when scripting even if I'm an awful artist?
A lot, I should say. It doesn't matter if you're a good artist, I think you should thumbnail out the layouts anyway. Bear in mind that there isn't a set of instructions for writing comics! Feel free to do things your own way! I like to draw an extremely rough comic in lieu of a script, I get a much better feeling if the pacing and sight gags are working that way.

In terms of resources, it doesn't really matter, just get stuck in!

Good luck, man!
>>
>>93858821
I'd say fire up the google machine, and look for scripts for books that you can find and read. There's a lot of ways to script, and no two writer/artist teams do it the same way.
That being said, yes, basically any kind of writing you do will help you practice writing, and hopefully help get a finished product out there.
>resources to make a start
Not sure what you mean here, but a few books you should read are
McCloud's Understanding Comics
Moore's Writing for Comics
Eisner's Comics and Sequential Art
PAD's Writing for Comics & Graphic Novels
>layouts when scripting
I'd use them liberally. Get it out of your head, and onto paper.
>makingcomics.com
Never heard of it.
>writethread
It pops up every now and then, but it's hard because of how slow writing can be, and it's generally off topic to actual /co/ stuff.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.